new Knight Rider game images!!

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by spyhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skav:
<STRONG>lol, yeah, this is true but i didn't wanna say anything. they've done a great job so far on improving the game, i just thought it's a bit nitpicky to say such a thing. but yes, this is true.

Skav</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kinda waited until somebody else said something first, because it is pretty nitpicky... But then again it is a very big part of KITT's look. And if the guys are looking for finishing touches, this would be one for sure...

[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] It's so cool to think that our comments are shaping a future PS2 game! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It would be interesting to know who made the decision to start making this game, what sparked that decision, and if it was something that was planned for along time, or just this year? Any help Teunstah, Jeronimo?

SH

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight Racer:
<STRONG>I posted it ,memememe not whoever the other guy was.I just thought of something ,how "bitchin" will kitt look when in spm mode especialy in those clips?All black spm mode no grey hehehe.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, what?

KI

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:11 pm

Yeah, really, where did that come from... he he It wasn't Justin this time...

SH

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:26 pm

I agree with everyone else on this issue. The visuals look DOWNRIGHT AWESOME!!! Though, the tail lights need to be darkened quite a bit.

If the image of KITT works like it does in the Need For Speed games, I wonder how easy an update it would be? A couple minutes? (Yea, right. NOTHING on a computer REALLY takes only a couple minutes. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] (Even Kitt has complained about how slow computers can be.) Maybe if the back area only requires a couple clicks and a couple color slide bar changes, or something.) A couple hours? (Adjustments to the red lights area and a bunch of tinkering to make it look right.) A couple days or more? (Adding the fogged in tail light look probably requires adding a reflective shell area and MIGHT require testing to see if it reflects like it should.) Or, is KITT NOT an independantly operated CADD character that could require some heavy duty recoding, just for the lighting??? (Then again, they could say that the game happens in the fifth or later season, where the police were giving Michael/KITT troubles over illegally covered tail lights. It's a good excuse.)

I also find it interesting how they came up with some of the same ideas I did for my incomplete game, like the dash monitor viewpoint in the upper-right hand corner and gauge displays at the bottom. I'm not going to cry thief, or anything. In fact, I'd feel honored if my game had any part in the creation of this game even without any official notation, anywhere.

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: jup ]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:04 pm

LOL!! Hey there....That's not a bad idea at all now that i'm thinkin about it...

Very clever...hehee

Originally Posted by jup:
(Then again, they could say that the game happens in the fifth or later season, where the police were giving Michael/KITT troubles over illegally covered tail lights. It's a good excuse.)

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:57 pm

Is this game going to be just for PS2 or for PC as well? I'd love to get a copy of it! Can I use my NASCAR Thrustmaster Pro Steering Wheel instead of a joy stick?

Dave

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:07 am

Dave, that has been answered before, it is for PS2, PC, and other platforms according to their original press release.

knightimmortal

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:27 am

Well Neil, if i may say...i think those shots look great in my opinion and i cant wait to get the game and play it to death.
They look ace.

K.I.T.T

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:07 am

I am sure we will be able to use our racing wheels on the PC (Probably also in the PS2 game). Can't wait to use my Microsoft Sidewinder Whell [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nick

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: krfan1 ]

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>
I also find it interesting how they came up with some of the same ideas I did for my incomplete game, like the dash monitor viewpoint in the upper-right hand corner and gauge displays at the bottom. I'm not going to cry thief, or anything. In fact, I'd feel honored if my game had any part in the creation of this game even without any official notation, anywhere.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HUDs are pretty common in todays games. Look at Spyhunter. Games like grand theft auto, james bond series, and many others have maps on the top right corner displaying where you are and where you need to be. It's not a new concept.

I honestly don't remember your plot idea for your game, but to me the plot line for the Davilex game seems pretty straight forward for anyone who has researched the series. Think as a game developer, they look at the series, ask themselves who are the big baddies and create a game surrounding that.

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: neps ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:13 am

Am I alone in thinking the gauges were better before?The red and green bars matched kitts dash meters and were great to look at in the dash.Now its all green.One thing i wish they would add is the noises to ski mode and turbo boost during gameplay.I know I'm not alone in thinking the dash should still have more lights ad things then it does now.Otherwise people will think all kitt can do is scan things,turbo boost,ski mode,and thats about it.

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Post by Sonicfreak » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:23 pm

Well, I think they changed the gauges because the rest of the HUD is also light green. I don't mind that they changed the HUD. When you are inside KITT the original HUD is displayed. So, the original HUD isn't completely gone. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Dave, that has been answered before, it is for PS2, PC, and other platforms according to their original press release.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, with all of the crap going on here I can't keep anything straight it seems.

Dave

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:11 pm

All of the crap? (And to Make Skav happy: )
You mean the stuff at home, right, not on the board?

Ouch.

KI

[ October 05, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>

HUDs are pretty common in todays games. Look at Spyhunter. Games like grand theft auto, james bond series, and many others have maps on the top right corner displaying where you are and where you need to be. It's not a new concept.

I honestly don't remember your plot idea for your game, but to me the plot line for the Davilex game seems pretty straight forward for anyone who has researched the series. Think as a game developer, they look at the series, ask themselves who are the big baddies and create a game surrounding that.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. HUD's are quite common in games, these days...and even from many years ago.

And, as far as the plot points that I have been able to gather, it sounds like only the idea of bringing back KARR/Garthe/Goliath as the bad guys match up. (Which most everyone has thought of doing, anyways...)

My game's main plot course was that KARR comes back with new technology that makes it possible for him to disable and steal KITT in a coordinated surprise strike while Michael is distracted with a false mission. Then, half of the game takes place as a system damaged KITT attempts to return to the semi for repairs/help as KARR and his hired hands attempt to recapture KITT.

This game also is not following my other gaming idea where each game is "new" by using a number of small missions that have their appearing order chosen by randomness and having the whole game reviewed in a way that it looks like an episode. (With some minor tools to help out the camera angles & timing, text scripts and such.)

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:30 pm

will there be any epesode titles for each misson like example "Goliath" or "KITT VS KARR" and what did one of the guys ment KITT and KARR near a Hospital can i see a Pic of that?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>will there be any epesode titles for each misson like example "Goliath" or "KITT VS KARR" and what did one of the guys ment KITT and KARR near a Hospital can i see a Pic of that?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should ask Justin, for this is your "Goodie of the Day"™

****** SPOILER? ********

knight rider the game has 10 missions with 15 levels! title of the levels are as follows:

training
badlands
camera obscura 1
camera obscura 2
a knight’s tale
original sin 1
original sin 2
original sin 3
slingshot
chooper chase 1
chooper chase 2
the bad son
tunnel vision 1
tunnel vision 2
last knight standing

****** END SPOILER? *******

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:04 am

but some one said KITT and KARR near a hospital

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:14 am

Justin, you are REALLY going to need to wait until the game comes out. Neil is answering these things to the best of his ability. Why bother playing the game if you know every single thing about it?

knightimmortal

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:32 am

i am ordering it

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:35 am

Then wait until you get it.

KI

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:18 am

i am trying to order it by the UK of amazon but it will not work please tell me if the UK verion will be playable for the USA

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:41 am

Depends on how much our players will be able to convert it if it is a PAL centralized game. We are not PAL, and while it is universal over there, it is not here.

Knightimmortal

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:03 am

i did not see pal i am just having trubule it said we are sorry and it saids like it can not be sent to the contry or adress

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:33 am

Maybe because you live in America and you are trying to order the game from England!

Formats are different on each sides of the ocean.

And also, since both countries speak English maybe you can try too.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>i did not see pal i am just having trubule it said we are sorry and it saids like it can not be sent to the contry or adress</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>