New KR commercial spotted during Olympics!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New KR commercial spotted during Olympics!

Post by trissybabes » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Goodness...

Dare I say that advert has left me a little...

...damp.

BRING IT ON!

( I still have to wait MUCH longer than you guys in the US, goshdarn it...)

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Stargazer wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:

Oh and if that short line of dialog is Kilmer's voice it sounds very original KITT like with the tweaks/alterations they've done to it, more so than the "You may call me KITT" promo. Not like William Daniels, but still similar with uhhh the metallic sounding. Or something like that, holy crap! It's after 1AM. I need sleeeeep! >_<

Mai bain don werk now mo. =(

EDIT: Ahhh, okay so Sue has access now to the KRO account too. :shock: Okay. :good:
I agree that the voice sounds more like William Daniels there. Did Kilmer do this voice or was it done by someone else?

I also keep reading - in other threads - about how to talk about what happened to the original KITT. My thoughts are - KI3T is still the original KITT in a new car. What if KITT had to be re-booted and placed into a new car? This would explain the learning and the voice changing. I don't think I could come up with a reason why KITT was removed from the T/A body. It would be nice to see new footage of a KI2T flashback of what happened to have the T/A body in a garage and pieces of the car here and there.

Oh, and sleep is good. I know I didn't get enough after re-reading this post, however its the best I can do. For now.
Oh no, KI2T and KI3T should not be the same entity!!!

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Stargazer wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:

Oh and if that short line of dialog is Kilmer's voice it sounds very original KITT like with the tweaks/alterations they've done to it, more so than the "You may call me KITT" promo. Not like William Daniels, but still similar with uhhh the metallic sounding. Or something like that, holy crap! It's after 1AM. I need sleeeeep! >_<

EDIT: Ahhh, okay so Sue has access now to the KRO account too. :shock: Okay. :good:
I agree that the voice sounds more like William Daniels there. Did Kilmer do this voice or was it done by someone else?

I also keep reading - in other threads - about how to talk about what happened to the original KITT. My thoughts are - KI3T is still the original KITT in a new car. What if KITT had to be re-booted and placed into a new car? This would explain the learning and the voice changing. I don't think I could come up with a reason why KITT was removed from the T/A body. It would be nice to see new footage of a KI2T flashback of what happened to have the T/A body in a garage and pieces of the car here and there.

Oh, and sleep is good. I know I didn't get enough after re-reading this post, however its the best I can do. For now.
KI2T & KI3T are two separate cars. GST stated he can see "both the KITT's side by side on the series".

Joe

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:25 pm

is it me or does miss Deanna Russo look very comrfortable sitting in the passnager seast while michael and k3it are talkign about GTA4 haha
Ice rider coming 2009

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:09 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:
Stargazer wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:

KI2T & KI3T are two separate cars. GST stated he can see "both the KITT's side by side on the series".

Joe
Yea, I know they are two seperate cars, but I guess I'm hanging onto a dream that the original KITT is there - just different. But, you are correct - they are two different cars as mentioned before. Maybe things can change.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Sue wrote:(He he, these ripples make it look like a Wayne’s World dream sequence, we should pinch ourselves.)
But seriously GST did say KITT could turbo boost in any mode, but he also said they only shot turbo boosts in attack mode so far. (Though that was almost a month ago.) I think this is just a little tease, I think there is going to be a bigger turbo boost that will just blow us away.
I would love to see KITT turbo boost over the entire length of a semi like he did in the pilot, or perhaps through something. I think I'd also like to see an extremely slowmo turbo boost over some people that are staring up at the car in utter awe; kind of like how Iron Hide blasts himself over that girl in Transformers, but without the screaming. :wink:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Why do you want the original KITT to basically be recycled? :(
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:09 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Why do you want the original KITT to basically be recycled? :(
Don't recycle KITT! :evil: Let the original KITT live as a seperate entity so he can fight the bad guys! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Michael: "This isn't Grand Theft Auto 4, KITT!"
KITT: "You're right. I'm a lot more fun!"

That should be my sig! LOL! That was great! Thanks for sharing, Sue! :)

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 pm

djshag69 wrote:is it me or does miss Deanna Russo look very comrfortable sitting in the passnager seast while michael and k3it are talkign about GTA4 haha
Funny I was thinking she looked more like she was in labor. Not that that’s possible.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:54 am

Just saw a new commercial at 9:47 Pacific time, it was the old one that we saw awhile back, driver optional but it had the new commercials cut into it, they showed the turbo boost again :D . Recycled footage but still cool. :good:

I got it on my old VCR if you didn’t get it Neil.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:21 am

Here is the YouTube version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cpcldGd9A

Also the HD version is here:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... demand.mp4

28 mB so take it easy :)!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 am

Thanks for putting it up Neil! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 am

Wierd that all the Attack Ki3T footage was from that same road (The Old Road) where I took those Spoiler Pictures. I guess they use that road alot in the series!
The corner where he power slides, or drifts the car in that commercial was here!
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (135.38 KiB) Viewed 15157 times
Also the part where KI3T is braking in front of that Semi truck was also on the Old Road...Santa Clarita.

I wish they would come back and film here again! :good:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:58 am

Looks like they took the older commercial and added the Turbo Boost part to it. That isn't Val Kilmer's voice, is it? The Turbo Boost add-in is in the same voice as the rest of it so I assume they have someone else doing commercials? It's a bit confusing to me.

But neat commercial anyway. :)

And that turbo boost wasn't a big one like what we know from what it looked like, he just hit and jumped a speed bump. LOL! Hopefully that was just a landing.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:18 am

Yeah that’s what I thought Fuzzie Dice, he hit a little bump in the road too fast there. :lol: The commercial before this one called it a “little turbo boost” I would say that’s a more accurate description. I like how this one says back by popular demand. Uh..yeah…that would be us... that’s right jocks, read it and weep, we're popular. :mrgreen:
I love how they keep switching up these commercials; it keeps us from getting bored.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:51 am

Yay! For another new commercial! Boo! For the recycling of pre-pilot premiere stuff! Yay! For the "back by popular demand, turbo boost" line, even if it makes it seem like it's only back because fans wanted it and if there wasn't an uproar they'd be more than happy to exclude it. IIRC, Andron didn't seem to care for it at all and I'm glad he's not in charge, but I still want to see that spot he wanted to write where KITT goes around an obstacle when it'd be expected he'd turbo boost over or through it. But at least they're listening which is more than how things usually go... *COUGHSMALLVILLECOUGHANDOTHERSHOWSANDMOVIESCOUGH*. Wow, I really had something stuck there. :lol:

It's good that they're doing so many commercials for promotion though I think they really need to expand and start airing a few on NBC's sister cable networks, especially Sci-Fi and USA. They really need to get Kilmer into the studio and do all of too. I though I remember a mention that they had him do a lot of voice work for the promotional side but we're not seeing much, it's kind of awful to be using someone else to voice KITT who won't sound anything like him, not to mention potentially confusing, especially if they keep it up when the series starts airing.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:12 am

wow, very cool,
have they changed kitts voice box, cause if i remember from the pilot it was just a bar on the video screen?
--knightman--

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:38 am

Yeah, it's a snow globe now. :lol:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:29 am

Different steering wheel now too. :(

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah, just apparently a regular steering wheel, what's up with that?! I know the original series gullwing steering wheel wasn't exactly the most realistic when it came to driving functionality, but it was cool. Maybe that's why they've changed it? Though, I'd even take the MOMO steering steering wheel since it's an actual product.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

NBC: Fall promos during the Olympics paying off

Post by Sue » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 pm

NBC’s marketing chief John Miller seems to be scratching his head in this article where he remarks that viewers’ awareness of the networks fall line up is up 59%
"This is really above our expectations," he said. "We've seen gains in nearly every one of our shows. In almost every category we look at we see growth in awareness and intent-to-view."
Awareness of Knight Rider is apparently the highest, humm wonder why. I’m sure we had nothing to do with that. :wink:
But seriously NBC is running a great ad campaign. The stuff they are putting out looks great! I know I’m excited.

NBC: Fall promos during the Olympics paying off

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: NBC: Fall promos during the Olympics paying off

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Sue wrote:But seriously NBC is running a great ad campaign. The stuff they are putting out looks great! I know I’m excited.
Yeah, I've got to hand it to them for running a good campaign and placing their advertisements in all the right places.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 am

Well it’s not the Olympics... but here’s a new commercial, very short, but it had some new images of attack KITT looking rather cool. Also a new font? I feel like this font reminds me of something in my childhood but I cant think of what.
4 sec commercial low res
4 sec commercial medium res

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:23 am

I just saw the commercial “how bout a little turbo boost” again and they changed the ending to have the new font too. :shock: Well the huge billboard they just hung in Burbank still has the Earth based font, so no need to panic just yet.