NEW MOUNTAIN BACKDROP ON NBC CHIME IN

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knighthazzard
Recruit

NEW MOUNTAIN BACKDROP ON NBC CHIME IN

Post by knighthazzard » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:31 pm

I have just noticed the Mountain Range Backdrop on the 'NBC Chime with roadside placed undernealth it In the 'back by popular demand trailer' along with the trailer music used prior to the February pilot.

Could this possibily hint to a reworking of the new series intro to incorporate the original Mountain Range from the original series filmed at 'Bonneville Salt Flats? Could the producers perhaps have an idea in mind to incorporate these elements alongside the Roadside format used in the new series or perhaps this is just another homage to the original?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: NEW MOUNTAIN BACKDROP ON NBC CHIME IN

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Well, let's hope so. I don't watch much television these days, so I've been missing out on the commercials. But one of the easiest ways to connect the original series with the new series would be to redo the opening desert sequence with the Mustang. It may very well be a hint.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:06 pm

mountain.jpg
mountain.jpg (174.57 KiB) Viewed 5968 times
This mountain?
I don’t recognize it as being one near the El Mirage Dry Lake but I’m guessing it’s not too far away from there. Perhaps Jamie will recognize it. They have been filming a lot of things near Santa Clarita and that’s only a hop skip and a jump from the El Mirage Dry Lake. I filmed all day yesterday at the dry lake for a different television show so I know there is no problem whatsoever in getting a permit to film there. Now all they have to do is find a way to work it into the script or into the intro.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Sue wrote:
mountain.jpg
This mountain?
I don’t recognize it as being one near the El Mirage Dry Lake but I’m guessing it’s not too far away from there. Perhaps Jamie will recognize it. They have been filming a lot of things near Santa Clarita and that’s only a hop skip and a jump from the El Mirage Dry Lake. I filmed all day yesterday at the dry lake for a different television show so I know there is no problem whatsoever in getting a permit to film there. Now all they have to do is find a way to work it into the script or into the intro.
I really hope they do something like this for the intro, it would be great to see a homage to the original, there was always something quite surreal about the original intro and if they update it for today well......... :good: :good: :good:

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 am

Nice find Sue,

I was not actually referring to that caption, but now that I have seen it it further re iterates the possibilities of the mountain backdrop becoming a reality for the new show or at least featuring in some form. Add a little Sun in there and we are in business

I think it would be great if they could have a reworking of the original or some kind of homage with the car heading towards the screen with the Sun rising simultaneously at the same time, gleaming rays over the paintwork making the paintwork glisten and reflect the rays (only in subtle fashion though- just a small effect)

I was referring to the animated sequence at the end of the trailer with the mountain back drop and road underneath it along with the NBC chime in logo.

Lets hold out in hope that the mountain range gets picked up

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Oh okay, this mountain. It wouldn’t take too much to make that look like the dry lake, just take out the dotted line and smooth out the mountains a little.
mountain.jpg
mountain.jpg (133.02 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
drylakechimein.jpg
drylakechimein.jpg (194.61 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm

Sue wrote:
mountain.jpg
This mountain?
It sure looks like The Old Road...but not sure.
I'll go scout and see if I can find this spot.

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Here is one location pic from the New Knight Rider.
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (163.69 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
DSC_1318.JPG
DSC_1318.JPG (139.42 KiB) Viewed 5624 times