Hasselhoff in final talks to guest star?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hasselhoff in final talks to guest star?

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 pm

WOOOT! My 1,000th post! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Yeah, there's no reason they couldn't "fix up" WD's voice with a little studio magic. Benchwarmers was pretty lazily done and Mio I thought was still in the process of tweaking things when we got that preview of the early version.

If you guys didn't know or looked, Rebecca Holden does have an official site and is still working. She looks pretty different to me but it might just be the fact that it's been about 25 years or that and she's had a bit of work done, as impolite as that might be to say.

Look through here, you should see her with an old friend. :wink:

http://www.rebeccaholden.com/200712Webs ... Events.htm

I'm sure someone knows what event that was from.

I dunno why GST is having any sort of a hard time finding any of the old cast, we know what the ones that are still alive are doing, certainly NBC and their resources could contact them, it shouldn't be too hard and I'm sure Patricia McPherson would come back, even it it required a bit of motivation, be it financial and/or promotional to her cause.
HisNameisGarth wrote:I think this scenario is promising.

I'd hope they'd pick up where they left off in "Scent of the Roses" -- the true
finale for the original series. They might even consider a flashback sequence....

I know RC3 (Peter Parros) is still acting. Maybe he can make a guest appearance.

Something I certainly agree with, the show would have went out on a much higher note if NBC wouldn't have demanded that episode be aired during sweeps instead of held off until the season/series finale like it was intended. Personally I'd have no problem with the writers moving things around a bit just so it would be the last time we saw Michael and KITT.

I'd also like to see an occasional character from an episode or two show up if KITT and Mike are in an area where an episode of the original show took place in a small cameo or just a little Easter egg sort of thing that just us nerds would notice and pick up on. Small stuff like that can be just as enjoyable sometimes more so since it'd just be something for us in the sense that we'd be the only ones award of the connection, unlike things that would be the focus of the story that's for pretty much everyone.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:WOOOT! My 1,000th post! :twisted: :mrgreen:

If you guys didn't know or looked, Rebecca Holden does have an official site and is still working. She looks pretty different to me but it might just be the fact that it's been about 25 years or that and she's had a bit of work done, as impolite as that might be to say.
Congrats on the big 1000 :good:

I thought she looks pretty hot for her age, I got a thing about older women :lol:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Gratz on your THOUSANTH post Phoenix! :good:
:kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt:
Well,I wish I could have one KITT represent ONE post,but that would be too much.How about 1 KITT for every 100 posts? :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Damn, I'm still impressed with Rebecca Holden.... After all these years.
By 1980's standards, she was a stunner.

I realize most fans preferred the Bonnie character -- the character was written better.
But in my opinion, Rebecca Holden did trump Patricia in sheer "hotness."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Congrats on 1,000! :)

I liked both Bonnie and April actually. But then again, my favorite in the show was always KITT (and KARR when he was in 3rd season). :)

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:58 am

this is excellent news about hasselhoff and the original kitt, it a dream come true.i hope it actually happens , i guess we will have to wait and see.
in glen larson we trust.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 am

I agree!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:43 am

Yay!Can't wait for original KITT to appear in KR '08! :D
:kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 am

What's good for the Hoff, is good for the fans! This is AWSOME news, I was hoping for this so bad I could see it in my dreams...

:kitt: :karr:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: ... I'm sure Patricia McPherson would come back, even it it required a bit of motivation, be it financial and/or promotional to her cause.
Perhaps if they incorporated a little bit of Patricia's real life into the character she may consider. After FLAG went belly up, Bonnie ended her career as an engineer (or she could have worked somewhere else for a while, perhaps a university?) then became somewhat of a recluse, devoting the rest of her life to the wetlands. At first it would seem odd that someone that was so good and facinated with machines would become a naturalist, but perhaps they could add some story to it, like she spent many days there as a child or whatever. It would be great PR for her cause, like you mentioned. And the part could be small. Mike finds her house. He tries to aske her for some info, but as soon as he mentions the Foundation or the KITT, she slams the door in his face. Finally after a couple a repeat vists she decides to help out.

It's just a thought. :)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 am

LadyV2000 wrote:Perhaps if they incorporated a little bit of Patricia's real life into the character she may consider. After FLAG went belly up, Bonnie ended her career as an engineer (or she could have worked somewhere else for a while, perhaps a university?) then became somewhat of a recluse, devoting the rest of her life to the wetlands. At first it would seem odd that someone that was so good and facinated with machines would become a naturalist, but perhaps they could add some story to it, like she spent many days there as a child or whatever. It would be great PR for her cause, like you mentioned. And the part could be small. Mike finds her house. He tries to aske her for some info, but as soon as he mentions the Foundation or the KITT, she slams the door in his face. Finally after a couple a repeat vists she decides to help out.

It's just a thought. :)
Wow, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Patricia does not strike me as the type that would just come back because of a big paycheck (but that could be my own naïveté) unless she'd devote a lot of it to her cause. But I think that's the perfect way to try and persuade her to return. A lot of actors' own personalities and talents are mixed in with their characters (Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Scott Bakula as Sam Beckett, etc.). And it would be an excellent way to promote her cause indirectly.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:15 am

HisNameisGarth wrote:Damn, I'm still impressed with Rebecca Holden.... After all these years.
By 1980's standards, she was a stunner.

I realize most fans preferred the Bonnie character -- the character was written better.
But in my opinion, Rebecca Holden did trump Patricia in sheer "hotness."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Well, that's actually the reason Rebecca was initially hired in the first place. The producers were looking for someone with a more blatantly glamorous look. (Not to necessarily say one is hotter than the other; they simply had different looks.)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:21 am

Knowing what Patricia McPherson is doing these days sure gives interesting point of view watching Bonnie explain about the video they had about Acid John Byrock's disposal site in Junk Yard Dog :)
Maybe if the new series will have similar environmental themed episode, she might be willing to guest star?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:59 am

KITTfan wrote:Knowing what Patricia McPherson is doing these days sure gives interesting point of view watching Bonnie explain about the video they had about Acid John Byrock's disposal site in Junk Yard Dog :)
Maybe if the new series will have similar environmental themed episode, she might be willing to guest star?
Another possible scenerio could be that Bonnie was working for some company after FLAG, only to discover that they were dumping their waste illegally into the wetlands, or just generally into a natural setting. It made people sick, killed off wildlife and this just sickened her. So she turns her back on technology/industry and becomes an enviornmentalist. This could also play into her initial hesitation to help Mike.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:23 pm

I like the idea of Bonnie incorporating her passion of the wetlands and that could be a good story to bring her back in the show. They could have her decide with technology she once had worked with or to keep her dream and stay with preserving wetlands and MK could try and bring her back!

Joe

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:I like the idea of Bonnie incorporating her passion of the wetlands and that could be a good story to bring her back in the show. They could have her decide with technology she once had worked with or to keep her dream and stay with preserving wetlands and MK could try and bring her back!

Joe
Maybe Michael Knight could beg her to come back so she could build a new flying soccer ball with antennas.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:14 am

HisNameisGarth wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote:I like the idea of Bonnie incorporating her passion of the wetlands and that could be a good story to bring her back in the show. They could have her decide with technology she once had worked with or to keep her dream and stay with preserving wetlands and MK could try and bring her back!

Joe
Maybe Michael Knight could beg her to come back so she could build a new flying soccer ball with antennas.
Lmao, good one!

Joe

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 am

So it has been just about a week since the announcement made by GST about Hasselhoff talking with NBC this week, I wonder if they had the meeting all ready and hopefully some news will emerge on his return as well with KI2T!!!!! :D

Joe

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:21 pm

He should come back. Afterall, it would be a nice ratings booster as well.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 pm

it would be a nice ratings booster of they sacked all the new characters and replaced them with micheal knight and kitt.

maybe keep that new bird though becuase shes quite fit isnt she?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Maybe it's because I'm in a bad mood and am suffering from a major lack of sleep but will you get off it already?! We've been over this a hundred ****ing times and you're beyond a broken record now, Hasslehoff could not carry this show and William Daniels wouldn't come back full time to do it, you're like a five year old who can't take "no" for an answer. If you honestly think doing that would make the show last beyond even a handful of episodes then it's a damn good thing you're not in charge. Why don't you go to the KR feature film board and bitch on how the reboot/revamp won't feature Hasslehoff nor the "original KITT" AT ALL!
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:33 pm

FX23 wrote:it would be a nice ratings booster of they sacked all the new characters and replaced them with micheal knight and kitt.
Talk about a sure fire way to kill the new series.

Putting a 56 year old in the lead role along with a 26 year old car that has the voice of an 81 year old, who is, in all likelihood, quiet happily retired, is just a monumentally idiotic idea. Sure, everyone here will love it, but NBC would cancel it before the second episode even hit the airwaves due to it having nothing that appeals to, and captures the hearts of, a new generation of fans.

The fact that you refuse to accept the reality of the situation, and continue to push a point that has no real merit beyond that of nostalgia, is truly dumbfounding.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:43 pm

FX23 wrote:it would be a nice ratings booster of they sacked all the new characters and replaced them with micheal knight and kitt.

maybe keep that new bird though becuase shes quite fit isnt she?
This is the second thread I read in 5 minutes with basically the same post from you crying about this again. If we're lucky Hoff and KITT will cameo in the new series, that's it, get over it now. We know where you're coming from but stop beating us over the head with it already...kthxbye

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 pm

We clearly have a troll in our midst, one that is clearly stuck in the past. We have fed it
more than enough. It is perhaps time to cut off the supply, and ignore it completely.

Eventually ... it might go and crawl back under a pile of discarded Trans-Am tyres . . .

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:56 am

Why can't some people on this forum stop being little kids who can't take no for an answer?I'm annoyed of reading annoying posts like "Why we can't use the original cast",for example.We've been through this more than a hundred,or maybe even more times.Knight Rider 2008 is made for a newer generation.There will be things that fans of the original series will like too...We asked GST for Turbo Boosts and we got it.You're all old enough to know that we can't get everything we want.Remember:This is the year 2008 and not 1982.Of course the original cast will come back occasionally,but we can't put them as a permanent cast.If I wrote the reasons why,I'd start sounding like a broken record,which I have a feeling that I might be.
Petition #9