Original KITT in new Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Original KITT in new Knight Rider

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:52 pm

knighthazzard wrote:I am loving this topic right now and the generation of ideas that have been introduced to the thread. One thing that I remember from the episodes "Lost Knight"and "Junk Yard Dog" was that the original spec of KI2TS CPU used to seperate Memory from Personality traits- 'In Junk Yard Dog' and 'Lost Knight' KI2T still retained all his knowledge. However one interesting play used in both episodes was that he lost his personality traits and characteristics momentarily until Michael intervened and re implanted Backup memory modules to make him the KI2T we all know and love. Utilising similar plot arcs could be interesting for future episodes in the new series.

One idea that I had in mind myself for introducing KARR and KI2T alike to the new series- What would you say if one or both parties no longer assumed the role or function of AI for a car but were utilised for another purpose? One idea I had in mind for KARR would be that after his CPU had been recovered from the Dam by FLAG agents was that the operatives became aware of KARRS function for self preservation. On this basis they utilised car as a HAL for Government systems for System Protection for Government servers and files to preserve its own systems and prevent government attack (An Internet Security Guardian- posing no threat as it could provide no other purpose than protecting itself and the systems it was governed to protect... Fast forward 23 years... the blue prints of K3000 are sold by the criminals shown in the pilot to a rogue organisation to the highest bidder one of whom works as a mole for the government. The Blue prints are handed over in a jail to the mole by the Lead Criminal seen in the pilot episode- he has had them all along! Cue back to pilot flashback "This isnt over!" scene. By chance; the mole obtains files uncovering KARRS origins, puts two and two tegether and merries the Blue Prints and data together into the Mustang GT500 car model (Bodywork already sitting nicely prepped in Bay 3 workshop of Knight Research Museum) without an AI (interject to insertion of KARRS CPU recently ripped off by the mole that had been workinf for the Government and working closely with the 'KARR server'

In the producers mind this evil KARR would have to give off the impression to the audience that he offers equal threat to that of KI2T. What better way to do this than use a Mustang (albeit with less features than KI3T ) but some others to compensate. The car is activated and the Mole is left for dead by its KARR speeding off into the desert from (Bay 3- Nod to trust does not rust there).... Cue the intro....

KI3T could be momentarily disabled or its CPU badly damaged by a counter attack by KARR during a chase scene. FLAG realise they need help while KI3TS CPU is rebuilt-"Like the integration of the KARR trying to deceive KI3T into making him believe that Knight Research is the enemy"- KARRS Deception could be a ruse to allow KARR enough time to destroy KI3TS CPU Mike must seek KI2TS original components- Cut to scene- Residence of Professor Bonnie Barstow... Introduction of an old friend from the past- Its KI2T who has been stored in mothballs since the abadonment of the FOUNDATION in the 1990s in Bonnie s attic. Michael Knight (aka Traceur makes a dash against time to instate KI2TS CPU in the Mustang as a temporary solution to KI3T... it is a race against time to stop KARR in his menacing pursuit of revenge and vengeance against the Foundation and Everything it represents. Can Michael Knight stop KARR in its tracks? Will KI3T ever be the same again?...

I was on board up until the last paragraph....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:17 am

I had been thinking about the initial ways to integrate KARR for some time and for me this seems a logical way to do it. However, I do appreciate what you say here PhoenixZero; my idea around the introduction of KI2T was not a well thought through conclusion. It might even make fans cast thir minds back to KR4000. Perish the thought. I was thinking more along the lines of not introducing Bonnie Barstow in person in that episode but more of a nod towards her existence.

I am really interested to see how the producers will introduce the mythology of KI2T and his current existence- If he still exists at all in this take of the knight rider vision. It would be good to see how you would direct the last paragraph yourself.

Could you possibly take my initial idea and restructure the last paragraph with your own vision. It would be good to see a different take on the initial idea :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:38 am

I dunno about that, but I still prefer this: viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=10841

I'd toss Bonnie and/or April in there together, being kidnapped and forced to work on rebuilding KARR at some point. That might also be enough incentive for Michael Knight/Hasselhoff to return and I'm sure that at this point there would be plenty of incentive for both Bonnie and April to do it as their kidnappers wish since they should have families of their own at this point that are just waiting to be exploited for someone's evil scheme. Their kidnappings could be news worthy in the show. Actually, they should have a news program in the show with the occasional story about a mysterious person and their car, only thing is they wouldn't get any footage unless it was poor quality since KITT should be able to disrupt most photo and video devices in their proximity. <_< >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:32 pm

In KITT vs KARR, the sign in the opening scene said something along the lines of future home of Knight Foundation Museum. I dont see why KITT would not end up there when deactivated. I dont agree with KITT being displayed like a stuffed animal, but it would make sense and be a plausible explanation as to KITTs where abouts. Could also be the location of the semi, and anyother items from the orginal series which needed to be explained. :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:37 pm

If they keep in line with what was said in the backdoor pilot, then KITT had become an urban legend so being on display would kind of contradict that. Plus, I don't see any of the characters from the series deactivating KITT or supporting it.

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:08 pm

I am liking there idea of effective use of news coverage and media to support plot lines of knight rider and the car that is an Urban Legend (AKA- K.I.T.T.). This could be put to good use and provide viewers with good snippets of coverage for story arcs spanning over a few episodes or reveal news details and plotlines that the lead characters are not currently aware of (good way to add suspense, intrigue and build up the excitement there)

I also had a vision myself of a chase scene with KARR taking the lead and KITT forced to give chase whereby KARR goes on a reckless spree around a shopping Mall heading towards innocent bystanders and even Turbo boosting through Shop Windows, Levelling walls and partitions and even pulling off the classic trick of KITT trapping people between the car and walls etc (just generally creating a menace of himself in public).

Both KITT and car could be making conversation with innocent bystanders whilst passing through the Mall having humerous items dropped or stuck to the windshield whilst passing through to comical effect- This perhaps would work for KITT only in portraying the humour whilst having (Really distasteful, shopping Mall music playing in the background)

Have any of you seen the device used by the nemesis in Iron Man? How about if KARR had the ability to give off a deafening siren scream or paralysing alarm enabling the ill advised victim that KARR has taken along for this ride to be forced into taking Michael Knight hostage on the car ride of his life? Once Mike is in the KARR- KARR ejects the ill advised driver as he did with "The Rev" and Tony as "He has served his purpose. His life means nothing to me". In doing so KARR has achieved his Primary goal of abducting Mike Traceur (aka Knight) in order to force a pursuit by KITT.

It would be great if a story involving KARR would span for more than one episode- Afterall who says that he will have to be destroyed in one episode? Just a formulation of ideas here but just trying to portray my own vision and a few ideas here

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:31 pm

After reading this post about the whole KI2T being shown on display in a museum concept for the new series; I had a strange vision of the Trans Am being on a revolving floor in a circular glass cabinet in the museum for onlookers being able to view the car in its pristine condition whilst it is on a turn table of some kind.

In the corner you could have KI2T reminiscent in the display case used in Soul Survivor giving parents and children alike a running commentry on his days in action with Michael Knight and telling a few tales( a tour guide if you like- voiced by William Daniels). It would be funny if you had seens on old KI2T getting frustrated with people not listening to him or taking offence to childrens comments. Afterall he hated that 'little TV set' housing.

Afterall 'dont quote me on this' and maybe VK can shed some light on this but I believe Glen A Larssons vision was for the car and computer to be treated as two seperate entities; the CPU being KITT and the car being the 'Knight 2000'. However, the ultimate assumption from the audience was to treat both as 'one entity'

However, much like yourselves I would love to see that car once again in its former glory in action with Michael Knight, but we can only live in hope.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 pm

I like the whole idea of the "urban legend", that should definetly take place in the series. Like Whelther explaining it in the pilot, hopefully they do this to tease us maybe and even lead to actually seeing and hearing KI2T! From what I see I bet GST is trying to surprise us with this like he said "Your probably probing my mind right now, but I don't see why I can't see the two KITT's side by side" @ Comic Con.

Then backtracking and mentioning or remembering here and there about the original KI2T. Or even Charles having a flashback from the original series or a scene viewed on a TV monitor somewhere (KITT Cave or Foundation) with MK and KITT going at it from the good old days!

I just hope they have KITT stored somewhere (Knight Museum) and eventually power him back on!

What I am really interested in is, where did KITT go and what happened to him and why.

Also after seeing Sue's video below I can see the original KI2T being activated on it's own because of the old homing signal MK had from Season Two that April gave him which was passed down from Mike's father MK. He activates it and KI2T breaks free and comes to save him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XIOThfP ... re=related

Joe

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm

As much as I enjoyed watching the KARR episodes of the old series, i'm not bothered about seeing him again.

I just want to see Michael & KITT in action one last time and for the new series to explain what happened to them after 1986 to present and why FLAG ceased to exist.

:kitt:
Love child of The Hoff.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

I was thinking about how the original KITT could be brought back. Here's my idea.

On KITT and Micheal's last mission KITT accidentally kills an innocent person. KITT can not deal with this and starts to loose it since his primary order is to never take human life. KITT shuts himself down because he thinks he's to dangerous. Micheal leaves and FLAG shuts down.

KITT (for some reason) would be reactivated and Micheal and Bonnie/ April would have to wipe his memory or help him to come to terms with what happened.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Yeah, I wrote something similar to that months ago before the pilot premiered as a way to explain away as to why they'd go from the MBS to the impact absorbing nanotech. It had to do with some bad guys firing say, AK-47s in a populated area, KITT comes in to block them but one (or maybe several) bullets ricochet and hit innocent bystanders. That's something that was kind of missed in the original series with all the bullets that were always hitting KITT and then nothing, the only time I really remember it coming into play is in the pilot/Knight of the Phoenix and it was shown twice, first with a brick and then with a bullet fired, granted it was close range but that wouldn't matter so much. Maybe it was shown at another point or a few points in the series but that's obviously the most memorable.

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:55 pm

Personally I like the idea that KITT evolved into for a super advanced AI that is used for a super secret national( or even international) security organization. The government probably finally figured out how advanced KITT was and put him to use secretly and Michael Knight went along for the ride. Think Stargate SG1 and SkyNet. KI3T is just another AI design that they are going to test to eventually replace KI2T. They will be using the cover of Knight Research and FLAG as way for him to learn and evolve since that's exactly how KI2T came to be so advanced. ;)

AzBat360

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:18 pm

It's possible and everything in the original series was pretty much like a test. Not to mention KITT's apparent Washington mainframe roots.

KNIGHT805
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT805 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:28 am

Personally, I like the idea of the new Michael Knight being kidnapped and the new KITT damaged or something. Leaving Mike Tracer's Dad (original Michael Knight) to take matters into his own hands to rescue his son with the help of KI2T. It would reunite the classic duo and serve a reunion as well as a intense 2-part mid season gap. Proving Trust doesn't rust ;)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:41 am

That could and probably would hurt his character and make Mike look weak if he needs saving from daddy. He needs to be able to handle things on his own, or at least mostly on his own with some help from the new KITT. If not then it'd be like Michael Knight Sr. Coming back and kicking his ass.

If anything Michael should be the one taken though I wouldn't care for that either, I'd just rather have them trying to work together on something big. Where the older and much wiser uses his experience to help and teach his son in a way that in the end makes the junior a stronger, smarter character.

KNIGHT805
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT805 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:17 am

Well thats a fair statement. But in the original Knight Rider Michael Knight was captured once or twice. Doesn't mean he was weak or anything. Besides their family. And i think the point is seeing the original Michael Knight and KI2T reunite like in classic episode.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:18 pm

i suppose to get the best of both world you could have Mike and KI3T captured and Michael hears of this and rushes with KITT to save him. In the mean time Mike finds away to escape himself, atleast from the room/cell where huis being held and they then team up to take down the bad guys
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Well, personally I think it would be cool if Mike gets captured and saved by Michael and possibly classic K.I.T.T., but for Mike to also have advantages over his father like speed and agility, or perhaps military expertise (despite Michael being in Vietnam). Yes, it would be a cliché, but this is the type of show that seems almost designed for such a scenario.

What would be even more interesting is Mike not cooperating with his father and causing mission conflicts, but that'll probably occur with the rest of the team. Hmm...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Well, personally I think it would be cool if Mike gets captured and saved by Michael and possibly classic K.I.T.T
how about borrowing a little from KR2000 where the original MK when wanting to rescue his son(following on from other ideas in this thread), installs the original Ki2t AI into the NEW car because he doesnt trust Ki3t's motivations (which IS being explored in the series). Of course the original AI is not able to perform all of the new functions with the mustang but due KI2T being able to manipulate other electronic devices, can still have rudimentary control on the nano tech so the car IS bulletproof but unable to transform....

KNIGHT805
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT805 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:49 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:Well, personally I think it would be cool if Mike gets captured and saved by Michael and possibly classic K.I.T.T
how about borrowing a little from KR2000 where the original MK when wanting to rescue his son(following on from other ideas in this thread), installs the original Ki2t AI into the NEW car because he doesnt trust Ki3t's motivations (which IS being explored in the series). Of course the original AI is not able to perform all of the new functions with the mustang but due KI2T being able to manipulate other electronic devices, can still have rudimentary control on the nano tech so the car IS bulletproof but unable to transform....

eh, i never really liked what KR2000 did, it kind of ruined the idea of "classic" knight rider. Putting KI2T's cpu into the 3000 car would be kind of a bad idea, besides i doubt its as simple as swiping a normal cpu, since its almost 30 years later. And the motives behind KI3T, i doubt, would turn out to be untrustworthy. But thats just me.