Just a thought

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Just a thought

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:53 pm

Who wants to bet that in the new transformers movie at some point we will be seeing a normal car driven by someone or a transformer like Kitt get destroyed just to make a point? I don't think the folks making the trasnformers movie are gonna appreciate Knight rider stealing their thunder.... Just a thought.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: Just a thought

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:25 pm

I think you give the new show too much credit. Transformers was huge. Transformers 2 will be huge. They don't need to "make a point". Having Knight Rider on TV isn't going to make a dent in Transformer's ticket sales.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:12 pm

What Mike said. Transformers is one of those shows that just never really did stop. There were different incarnations over the years, but there was always some iteration of them going on, the latest being Transformers: Animated. It's fanbase spans 24 years, not just those of us who grew up in the 80s and fell in with Optimus and Megatron, but our kids now too, and the ones that grew up in the 90s. The movie is/was a realization of our childhood dreams, has the name to draw the 90s kids and is popular enough to draw moviegoers not in the fanbase

Knight Rider's new show doesn't quite have that going for it. It will be for those of us that grew up in the 80s and the other people in the house we force to watch it. Here's hoping that it'll be a hit, but it'll never even be competition Transformers, unfortunately.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 pm

No guys, that's not what I'm saying... I'm thinking of transformers being like the big-brother here. Now here comes little brother in Knight Rider trying to do the same thing that big brother doing. So transformers has to let knight rider know that it's not quite in their league yet.... They have to teach little brother a lesson that he can't do the same things that big brother doing... lol

Meaning subliminally that transforming cars is our thing... You knight rider guys need to go back to the drawing board. :good:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:04 am

Actually, I hope Transformers DOES do something like that. Because if they did, it would have to mean that the Knight 3000 became so well-known that it warranted an inside-joke in the biggest blockbuster of the summer. By "teaching Knight Rider a lesson", they'd be acknowledging its success.

Of course, the only proper response would be to have KITT turbo boost over a truck that looked suspiciously like Optimus Prime...
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Of course, the only proper response would be to have KITT turbo boost over a truck that looked suspiciously like Optimus Prime...
That would be awesome to see! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:34 am

KITT's already taken out Optimus Prime once before, so I guess it'd be fair to return the favor. :karr: Though I doubt they'd have anything like that in TF2 for several reasons or if just for the fact that they've apparently been shooting already for about three months, sure it could be done in post production but I doubt Ford would take too kindly to even a look-alike Mustang being destroyed in a GM sponsored movie just to take a jab at a show that hasn't even had a single episode air yet and no 100% finished version of the transformation seen.

I'd still like to see KITT turbo boosting over a similar looking semi though. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knight_neural_centre
Volunteer

Post by knight_neural_centre » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:40 am

Barricade, a Decepticon in the first TF movie was a Ford Mustang, just like KITT. So Ford had no problem being involved, and neither did GM. It may be mainly GM motors but there's others in there too, and since the Mustang that became KITT was already in the first film he'll probably be back in the second, but as Barricade again. I can't see Bay doing a KR-bashing stunt or anything.

Actually, I have to say that I can't wait for the series and have always been a huge supporter of the two-hour pilot and now the series proper... but the way they added the actual Transformers "transformation" SFX to the first minute-long teaser for the new series (where we saw the pick-up), and the way the Knight Rider title changes to the NBC logo in exactly the same way as the TF title changed to an Autobot logo in the trailers for Transformers... well, I'm getting worried now! How many kids, or grown ups who've seen TF recently and can't really remember KR, are gonna see that and think "rip-off!" Everything else looks SWEET! I love that KITT can transform, but they need to take out that SFX and the logo change, they are far too obvious rip-offs.