Big Question: what happened to KI2T?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Big Question: what happened to KI2T?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Ok, I know everyone is speculating on different threads on KI2T's where about's, however I would like to discuss a few things:

In the series I hope and wish they can discuss these points:

- Why was KI2T in pieces in the 2-hour pilot and what was Charles planning?
- Why did he build another KITT and not just update the old one? (I haven't seen anyone ask this one :D )
- What was MK and KITT's last mission and why did they separate?
- Where is KI2T being stored and what is happening with KI2T?

One thing I must say, in that preview from NBC it did mention "A car that once possessed the most artificial intelligence in the world" so I am sure they have something up there sleeve. Also the fact that GST stated that "I don't see why you can't see the two KITT's side by side"

Anything else anyone would like to discuss and ask please feel free too! I just hope that the producers remember and will incorporate the original KI2T somehow and go into complete detail! BTW I really hope GST considers getting William Daniels to reprise his role! I mean who isn't lol :lol:

On a side note: I don't know about everyone else but I am pumped up for this new series, as long as they bring the old mythology correctly into the new one and embrace everything they will have a good chance of pleasing everyone. But also they have to please the new audience as well with new gadgets and such.

Joe

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Big Question: what happened to KI2T?

Post by weeezl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Check Sues video from LA, listen from 5.16 onwards, Sounds like all will be revealed in the series.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhH4kr5_ ... re=related

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:19 pm

The two-hour movie is not necessarily canon for the new series. GST is using many of the elements from the movie as the foundation (so to speak) for the new series, but does not feel bound by everything there. In the new series, maybe the Knight 2000 is sitting in that garage, maybe it isn't.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:02 pm

For continuity's sake, I hope Gary Scott Thompson doesn't overlook that detail. It will just make things that much more confusing to have K.I.T.T. in pieces in a warehouse and then suddenly he's hanging out in Michael Knight's garage or something. One major thing that needs to be changed or clarified, however, is Charles Graiman creating K.I.2.T.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:33 pm

weeezl wrote:Check Sues video from LA, listen from 5.16 onwards, Sounds like all will be revealed in the series.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhH4kr5_ ... re=related
I actually saw the video and it gives some insight, however I hope most or all will get addressed!

Joe

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Would be great to have at least one episode centered to the original KITT & Michael Knight that would explain what happened after Voodoo Knight in 1986. Whatever the story might be I hope KITT will be treated with dignity and respect. For instance, KITT was always afraid of ceasing to exist, for example when he was damaged in Goliath and it would be very sad if that would've happened to him.

I feel the original series was canceled way too soon, it could've been easily last at least one more season. Man I'd like to see one more episode of classic Knight Rider, or as close to it as possible, one more mission for Michael and '82 Trans-Am KITT, for the old times sake. Ok, a full episode may be too much to hope, I'd be happy for even a small scene of classic Knight Rider action if that would be more possible to do and otherwise just enjoy the new Knight Rider :)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm hoping GST considers to have MK be behind KI2T one more time! Maybe to save his son in a nice two-parter, they find out he is the son of MK and they have had a past with the original MK and want his son for ransom? So he goes beserk and resurects KI2T because the new KITT is destroyed or even stolen or hacked to be evil?

Who knows?

I hope GST is reading this and gets a nice idea!!!! LOL :)

Joe

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:17 pm

they should hae it so that the HOFF guest stars and tells a flashback story :kitt2:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Would anyone complain if they took The Scent of Roses as the series finale/last TOS story instead of Voodoo Knight?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Why do people assume it was the real KITT in the garage?

I always though it was either

a)charles making it look like the real KITT was dead

or
b) he was trying to recreate him

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 pm

I was going to mention about the steering wheel in the garage, the original KITT didnt have writing on the steering wheel and its been mentioned in other threads about the pilot that the engine hanging up looked normal and not 'turbine based' as KITT was....

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:44 pm

the original KITT didnt have writing on the steering wheel
???

The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm

the real original KITT didnt have "Knight two thousand" on the steering wheel...

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:55 pm

Eh,

Yes it did, in Knight of the Phoenix when KITT's voice modulator and mode lights were originally fully composed of clear plastic, before the dark edging that served to separate the Auto, Normal and Pursuit lights from the voice modulator was added, the gullwing steering wheel featured the words Knight Two Thousand, just as the image from Ken shows. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Just to refresh our memories, there were two Trans am's in Graiman's garage. One was in piece's and one was fully intact, I would like to think the intact one was our old hero waiting for the day he comes back online.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Matthew wrote:Eh,

Yes it did, in Knight of the Phoenix when KITT's voice modulator and mode lights were originally fully composed of clear plastic, before the dark edging that served to separate the Auto, Normal and Pursuit lights from the voice modulator was added, the gullwing steering wheel featured the words Knight Two Thousand, just as the image from Ken shows. :good:

Matt
I stand corrected, the ould grey cells are letting me down...

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:32 pm

I've been there Phoenix, try asking me something that doesn't pertain to one of my hobbies, and there's a good chance I'll draw a blank. :lol: ;)

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Yetiii98
Recruit

Post by Yetiii98 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:17 pm

i have been thinking of thtis for a bit...was wondering, what if KITT is intergrated into PROMETHEUS? That would kinda link the 2 series together and explain why KI3T is able to link to PROMETHEUS.

The other thing i was thinking is about the "client" in the pilot could be Garthe Knight and the out side source hacking into KI3T could possibly be KARR?

just a thought, what you guys think?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 pm

The outside source hacking was the tech/computer guy in the group of baddies. Prometheus being the original KITT is possible though I hope something like that would be one of the things dropped.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:08 am

blowersho wrote:Just to refresh our memories, there were two Trans am's in Graiman's garage. One was in piece's and one was fully intact, I would like to think the intact one was our old hero waiting for the day he comes back online.
There is a possiblility that Charles Graiman could have pulled apart KITT in order to help build KI3T,and when he was done building KI3T,he'd just put him back together,it could have been KITT just transferred to a new body,or it could have been both.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:39 am

no there was three trans-am in the graiman garage.

One fully intact , covered.

One , on its side fully intact no covered.

and the last one , partly covered , and partly dismantled.

The last ,we could see it when they discover it before Ki3t but the two first could be seen during 2 second , in general view of graiman's garage

ssilipino
Volunteer

Post by ssilipino » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

Forgive me if this seems a bit outlandish, but I was thinking about this the other day and invented an interesting way they could integrate the original KI2T. I know the new series disregards Knight Rider 2000, but (after watching a few episodes of Team Knight Rider on Hulu.com), TKR could still work in the continuity and they could build off the cliffhanger in the last episodes. Perhaps Mobius is the one after Prometheus. Apart from that I wand them to bring KARR back since he seems o be functioning slight at the end of KI2T v. KARR. Perhaps Mobius has both KARR and KI2t, uses KI2T's CPU to repair KARR's and then copys KI3T's design and builds him into a new body. Again far fetched, but I like those kind of scenarios.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Cam KNIGHT: How do you know that the car covered up was fully intact and that it was a Trans am?

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:56 pm

I ment tha the car covered has her hood and her nose (we can see in under the cover) , thing that the one dismantled and half covered don't have We can also recognize the Knight2000 profile

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Here is the main fact guys, the car we saw dismantled in the garage WAS KITT

Here is the reasons:

- The License Plate Says Knight
- The Steering Wheel

These are proof that it is indeed the original KI2T.

The other two covered I have no clue what the heck they are but the car dismantled is in fact KITT!

Joe