New KITT Suggestions

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Darknight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Darknight » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:55 pm

As much as I love the original KITT, and intend to build him as just that, I don't think that today's movie-goers would be interested in watching a show about an '82 Trans Am, no matter how sleek and inky black. People as a whole LOVE the late model Trans Ams, however, even if they can't afford to buy or operate one due to their financial conditions. The SUV, minivan driving masses (especially the guys) dream of breaking free in a hot TA, but most of them can't. If they could live their dreams in a movie, though, I think they'd really go for it. If you keep the original KITT, you have to keep Michael as the driver, or it doesn't fit. I say go with the latest model TA, work on the rear end especially (I HATE their ugly bulbous butts, and I usually like bubbebutts(KITT, however, is a guy, so he should have a less round, more square and trim rear)) and have Leah Remini as the mechanic, and...(heaven forbid!) Mark-Paul Gosselaar as the new driver. He was recently in "Atomic Twister," which was a TBS movie, and fairly cheesy( we like that, right?), but the guy can act his rear off. I loved the movie anyway.

DK

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:02 am

plus the fact it's simply not going to have the old TA anyway. they are defo gonna go for something new and updated but its important not to go beyond the age of the film that it will be set in. kitt is futuristic, and this is where kr2000 failed cos that car looked too beefed up for me and looked too technological.

it needs to be plain and simple. but saying that, i am a fan of SPM so what do ya know? :P

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:23 pm

I don't think the 82 T/A looks old. It looks out of place for another reason I think. I think it looks out of place cause its to normal looking. Cars today are OH SO UGLY. Sorry to say so did the last few years of the Trans-am. The Camaro however stayed nice looking.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:50 pm

Chevy never should have fiddled with the headlights on the 98 and up Camaros by making them bigger. The earlier 4th gen Camaros, 93-97, where just fine. The souped up look of the 98 and up Firebirds were ok, but the Camaro just got uglier :x .
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Gabb
Stranger

Mustangs suck

Post by Gabb » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:19 pm

>>Posted: Dec 14, 2002 8:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although i voted for the new model of trans-am i'd really like to see the new Kitt as a new Ford Mustang Mach 1. The car is gorgeos and the paintwork, obviously Kitt would probably be plain black, but what about a change. NOT red its too bright but those dark colours on the Mustange with the modified nose for the scanner.
>>

Are you kidding? Why would Kitt be a crappy american made "white trash ferrari" car which lost just about every review competition it was in (surprisingly it didn't break down in those either ). Why don't they buy in like X-men did and make Kitt a stealth black RX-8 :)

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:43 pm

I love original KITT too but let's face it, they are almost certainly going to use a brand new car for the movie. Although there seems to be a want for American cars on this board, I personally could go for a modified Mitsubishi Eclipse or a Toyota Celica.

Gabb
Stranger

Post by Gabb » Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:25 am

>>I love original KITT too but let's face it, they are almost certainly going to use a brand new car for the movie. Although there seems to be a want for American cars on this board, I personally could go for a modified Mitsubishi Eclipse or a Toyota Celica.

I admit I like the new look of the Eclipse but what about a more.....expensive car, like maybe a Black Ferrari 550, f50, or heck maybe a mclaren F1 :P I personally think the most suiting car for the new Kitt is no doubt a stealth black Lotus Twin Turbo ESPIRIT!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:07 am

It has to be something sporty but yet something that fits in with the crowd...anything beyond that, is going too far.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:37 pm

I think Stick with the Original no real changes just a bit faster with the processing and all but KITT should be left sweet and original. It will help out alot.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:36 am

It seems that the majority of KR fans agree that Kitt should remain original with some new abilities. Well basically that would go with an idea I had. Michael is now in Devon's position searching for a new operative and a totally new car. If the new operative and car get into trouble Michael and Kitt come to the rescue.

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:38 pm

i will go to see it reguardless but if it isnt teh original kitt stepped up withnew technologies im gonna have to get real drunk jsut to tolerate it..