10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kwsta20
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kwsta20 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:36 am

Ok, the fact that you guys are even giving me the time of day is great... i'm loving this cause now im getting about as much attention as the show! you people need to understand that if we all go together and told the writers they are killing whats soppose to be Knight Rider they would get it right! here are some of my ideas...

hero kitt exterior- keep the car just black (no stripes), black out the tail light and headlights, the rims should of been black also, but i guess i can live with chrome rims in todays world! tint the windows get rid or the cobra emblems! we all know now its a shelby mustang kr... you must live in your own world if you dont recognize the car! and WOW! we have a...

"A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of man who does not exist" ( and it is great that the knight now rides in his black horse)

And please loose the exhaust pipes. this is a super computer, we dont need exhaust tips... never saw any on the original kitt

Interior kitt - Stay as close as you can to the original once again! First off, tan interior, a black mustang with a tan interior look great, just like the firebird did in the original series! might i add i own a 07 balck mustang gt with a tan interior, looks great! 2nd, We need flag eblems on the steering wheel (its ok if its now knight resaerch and develpment) keep the logo of the knight the same....and cut the steering wheel down! Gimmie like a aircraft wheel or a wheel like the pilot episode had! 3rd off, dash has to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rebuild the damn thing, square it all off and gimmie panels with touchscreens of some sort! The voice box... gimmie a visual of it right over the steering wheel, not in the middle of the dash! Speaking of voice box, just update the 3 stripes to a more modern halographic version for a voice box!

Attack kitt... Where do i begin of where its gone wrong?? Get rid of those dragster tires in the back please!!!! we're not at the race track! Gimmie aerodynamic curves that the car can change into,if we're going to nanotechnological tranforming crap, use it to the cars advantage! have the bumper of the mustang come out and go into a smoother shape like a point or something like that! Have the exhaust come out on attack mode only!! or have air intakes pop out of the hood!! Fuel burners!!! Something like that!!!

these are things that these so called hollywood execs and producers should of thought of already... im just a fan with an imagination... untill next time,

A man who does not exist!

And to my haters on this board... You all know i have a point... Any other questions, feel free to e-mail me at timspears@yahoo.com

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 am

The problem isn’t that your points don’t make sense when it comes to what we knew of Knight Rider in 1982, it’s that they might not make sense to the aim of the 2008 series, which is something that you seem to be unwilling to even consider.

In 1982, KITT stuck out amongst a crowd of Trans Am’s because of the custom nose, fancy dashboard, and blacked out taillights. Currently, we have no real point of reference for the new KITT, other than its largely stock appearance. It could be that this KITT was designed to be virtually invisible amongst a crowd of Mustang’s. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that I like the fact that it doesn’t have blacked out taillights and whatnot, but with what little we currently know, the stock appearance might make a lot more sense from a story standpoint than having a few overtly customized aspects that would draw undue attention, especially since the Attack Mode appears to have been designed to standout like a sledgehammer suddenly appearing from thin air.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:39 am

here's my imagination of what ki3t 's interior should of looked like... i know its a bad drawing and all but use your imagination

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63 ... 3tidea.jpg

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:50 am

They need to get rid off jason he isnt micheal knight. And val kilmer was better off as batman wasnt he

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:25 pm

FX23 wrote:They need to get rid off jason he isnt micheal knight. And val kilmer was better off as batman wasnt he
Oh my god where the hell did that come from??!! So you want a 55 year old hoff to keep playing michael knight until the day he dies,the same for william daniels as K.I.T.T.?

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:54 pm

not to mention that his name is Justin, not Jason!

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:59 pm

^^ lol yeah never noticed that!

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Oh god, you are kidding me right? Most people who are boycott the new Knight Rider 08 are neither stupid or retard or moron XD. The New Knight Rider 08 is NOT REMAKE OF TOS KNIGHT RIDER!!!! Do you understand what i just say?

Stop whining about the new series destroy your "childhood memories of TOS Knight Rider"!!
Guess what, it is pay a homage to TOS Knight Rider by use same element, it is one guy and his car battle the injustice and protect the innocent in need. 22 years later, the technology have improve by alot, it is possible to use nanotechnology to make supercomputer's processor smaller than a hair so, you can put 1 billion processor into a 100x100 cm and it will perform much faster than 100 standard microchip.

I know most people want to see hundreds buttons on the dash on KI3T like KI2T does but please consider this fact cause i know that KI2T's AI program can handle talks to someone, drive itself, etc but his ai program is not powerful enough to do 40 multitask at same time or it might overload his AI while KI3T's AI program is so advanced than KI2T, Maybe 100 to 200 times the AI more than KI2T does. I thought KI3T is should be better and more powerful than predecessor KI2T, i see no point to use same technology or same interior style from KI2T and use them on new KI3T otherwise, it will make KI3T should belong to 80s not 20s. Tran Am is not produced any more, You should thanks that to GMC, they kill it not Ford XD. Also GMC are busy donate their car into Transformers Movies. i know a fact that hardcore KR fan know, GMC or Pontiac ask TOS KR to do not identity KI2T as a Tran Am which is a bad mistake for them cause the dudes ask the car dealer at the late 80s that they want a KI2T and the car dealers correct them that it is one of Tran Am model ...

Also Mr Daniel and Hoff is too old to work again for KR expect do some cameos, most older generation know who them are but the younger generations do not know them until they have seen Mr Daniel on Boy meet World and Hoff on baywatch, American Talent show, some random shows etc.

So i want you to stop whine about new Knight Rider 08, give it a chance and make decide whether if you like it or not. It is shouldn't be destroy your childhood memories, just remind you what you was feelings while you watch TOS when you was a child.

P.S, Knight Rider 08 will work on bring KI2T and Micheal Knight(long) back on the cliffhanger like someone stole KI3T's AI Program and expect that KI2T undergone upgrade to keep up with technology like new voice modular or transfer into that Sky something and keep look over the new KI3T via feeds him infos from the space, etc.

Who did watch Ghost in the Shell Stand complex alone, then you should know that AI on the Tachhimo ( Blue Spider-like Tank) are onboard the Satellites and control their "body" from the space, maybe they will do similar thing like that :)

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

david hoff is Micheal Knight

fact

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:11 pm

FX23 wrote:david hoff is Micheal Knight

fact
Michael Knight as played by David Hasselhoff is not the star of this show.

Fact.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 pm

And Michael Knight still is alive, it's not as if his son taking is name means his father no longer exist. Just call him Junior. >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:04 am

Exactly,

Think of Mike Traceur becoming Michael Knight as being similar to RCIII, who was the third Reginald Cornelius in his family. :good:

Matt

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 am

David hoff is micheal knight is the main character in the show knight rider with his side kick kitt his faithful talking car these are the very basics. :dash4:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 am

Yes, they would be the basics, if it was 1982. :good:

Matt

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:02 am

It's going to take more than just a handful of people like the KRO community to keep KR '08 alive for many years to come.The show doesn't have to appeal to just us,but millions and millions of other people,and guess what?In the year 2008,the crowd love ricers,and big giant sledgehammer-like muscle cars.That's what teens(like me,for example)like!You should be glad you're getting turbo boosts,scanners,and somthing that is a LOT better than KR2000 and TKR.In fact,we should be lucky that NBC is reviving KR again!If you don't like KR '08,just don't watch it,and enjoy your classic KR on DVD.I'm not stopping you.In fact,NOBODY is forcing you to like KR '08.We all respect your opinion,just as long as you don't try to ignite fights among each other.This is the most stupid conversation I've ever seen on this forum,and I don't even know why I'm making a reply at all.

And for those of you who want KR for the next generation,I'm 15 years-old,and I'm a part of that next generation of people who you want to have KR in.People my age,and part of who GST is trying to aim this show at,
are people who love ricers,and muscle cars like the mustang.And like I said earlier,it's going to take more than fans of the original series to keep this show alive,because it's not cheap to put a show like this on the air.The original KR wasn't cheap to produce in 1982,although the price might seem low today,it was expenisve for that time.

And to think I'm bothering to reply to this post... :|
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:09 am

:lol: This is really starting to crack me up!

The year is 2008.

Michael Knight (Long) is played by David Hasselhoff. Nobody is replacing him in the series.

Michael Knight (Traceur) is played by Justin Bruening. This Michael Knight is the original Michael Knight's son.

Absolute fact.
One man did make a difference.

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:05 am

Are you saying i should give this kid jason a chance?

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 am

FX23 wrote:Are you saying i should give this kid jason a chance?
Nah, Jason sucks, but you should give Justin a go.

Now here's a question for you though.

If it was 1982 and Jason Brueninnininning had fallen through a timey wimey wormhole, would you like him to play Michael Knight then?

and what if the same timey wimey wormhole had transported David Hoffhassel to 2008 where the rest of us now live BUT he had aged as he'd come through the timey wimey wormhole to 55 years old.

Would you still like him to play Devon Miles then?

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 am

David hasselhoff should always be in the lead role as he is Micheal Knight

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 am

He still is Michael Knight - but he's off somewhere else now (it's 25+ years later!)

This is Michael Knight the Second. :D

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:51 am

MK2 :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:12 pm

kwsta20 wrote: hero kitt exterior- keep the car just black (no stripes), black out the tail light and headlights, the rims should of been black also, but i guess i can live with chrome rims in todays world! tint the windows get rid or the cobra emblems! we all know now its a shelby mustang kr... you must live in your own world if you dont recognize the car! and WOW! we have a...
Totally agree, I wish they had modified the front of the car too to make it more aerodynamic. It should look more like a 2000 mustang.

This looks way more knight rider to me.

But yeah, the mustang emblems and the stripes need to go.
2nd, We need flag eblems on the steering wheel (its ok if its now knight resaerch and develpment) keep the logo of the knight the same....and cut the steering wheel down! Gimmie like a aircraft wheel or a wheel like the pilot episode had! 3rd off, dash has to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rebuild the damn thing, square it all off and gimmie panels with touchscreens of some sort! The voice box... gimmie a visual of it right over the steering wheel, not in the middle of the dash! Speaking of voice box, just update the 3 stripes to a more modern halographic version for a voice box!
Agree with all this! CGI doesn't cut it, they need to physically manufacture a new dashboard, I'm sure there are companies in California that can do that. Making a new dashboard also opens up the replica market where people will want to modify their Mustang to look like the show.

They should use this one from Dakota Digital Instruments (this is designed for a 1967 Ford Mustang btw):

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd206.htm
Attack kitt... Where do i begin of where its gone wrong??
Well I dunno...I think that's not so bad, it looks a little more aerodynamic than hero mode. I don't like the air scoops on the hood though. :)

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:34 pm

hm, i think these Dakota Digital Instruments have potential... :wink:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 pm

neps wrote:He still is Michael Knight - but he's off somewhere else now (it's 25+ years later!)

This is Michael Knight the Second. :D
I wonder if at any point he'll be referred to as "Junior"...

hatgreeting
Stranger

Post by hatgreeting » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:41 pm

:lol: