Locations ?

This forum contains discussions about the locations used for the 1982 series.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro, Joe Huth

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Locations ?

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:01 am

Watched today few episodes of the original Bionic Woman and recognized even more familiar locations than the General Maddox's office from Goliath mentioned in this thread.
In the episode "The Antidote" Jaime has been poisoned and the hospital exterior shot she's treated in is the same one used also as a hospital in Knight Rider's "Chariot of Gold" & "White Bird" seen in this thread. Might be some kind of "stock footage" since the shot looked similar to Knight Rider.
Also in the BW episode "The Martian's are coming" Paradise Cove is mentioned as the location of the events, Jaime even says "Paradise Cove is just 20 minutes from here" and her place was in Ojai.
At the end of the pier KITT turboboosted to the water in "Return to Cadiz", Dr. Rudy Wells and his friend were captured by "UFO" at the beginning of the episode. Also in that episode Jaime Sommers made bionic jump from the beach on top of the cliff somewhere close in the area where KARR was found in KR's KITT vs KARR :) Some shots in the episode show the pier in similar angle as David Hasselhoff's credits in the KR opening in the 2nd season.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:31 pm

Today SHADO and I went to visit Adrienne’s mansion aka Bianca’s Mansion from Knight in Retreat.
Before...
And after...
A few more trees makes it a little hard to see…

Awww look at the cute baby zebra they have. Oh sorry….
Before...
And after...Michael had it easy, he was parachuting, I had to hike up this mountain.
That street sign down there looks familiar, ill have to check that out later…
Oooh, this is steep, how did I climb up that!
Oops! Sue takes the quick way down… without the parachute.
Ouch! :cry: Uh Matthew, can any of those magic buttons email me a Band-Aid?

Sue dusts herself off and climbs a bigger hill.
Why I can see her house from here!
Before...
And after...Sue decides to let SHADO do some of the work.

SHADO drives off into the sunset.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Woah way to go Sue and SHADO! That's some nice landscape, great job, thanks Sue! :good:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 am

Great pictures Sue and SHADO! :good: And the baby zebra looks adorable too! :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Great stuff Sue! I hate to see this thread end...we were on such a roll but there's still plenty of locations yet to be found!

Joe

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:04 pm

i love this thread!!!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:42 pm

I sure have plenty more places on my list to go to thanks to you guys! So keep up the great research and I’ll do my best to get there!

Here is something I thought was fun.
El Mirage Lake Bed

The lake bed is a flat playa formed in an undrained basin. Silt and clay are deposited into this basin during heavy storms. When this "lake" dries, the hard pan dry lake bed is left. This hard, smooth surface is ideal for the unique activities conducted at El Mirage. These include ultra-light aircraft and gyrocopter flying, model rocketry, remote control airplane flying, landsailing and straight track racing. Many private pilots land on the lake bed and spend the day. The surface character has attracted the interest of many filming companies. A visit for the day will remind one of scenes from recent commercials, music videos, television series and movies. Camping is permitted on the lake bed, but no further than 100 feet from the edge. This keeps the smooth center section of the lake bed clear for night riders.

The Shadow Mountains

The Shadow Mountains are a group of eroded igneous peaks that border the northern edge of the riding area and run down the center section, east of the main access, Mountain View Road. These peaks offer moderate to hard riding terrain, and a challenge for the experienced rider. The canyons in these mountains make excellent camping areas, offering seclusion for the four-wheel drive camper.
http://www.godunes.com/maps/elmirage.htm

Definitely want to make sure you keep the lake bed clear for these “night riders” :lol:

And how bout that, the shadow mountains surround the lake. … No wonder it was a Shadowy Flight. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Sue wrote:And how bout that, the shadow mountains surround the lake. … No wonder it was a Shadowy Flight. :mrgreen:
That should be Shado Mountains. :D

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Today’s adventure was the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) in Malibu. First stop the Malibu pier seen in Killer KITT.
I’ll first show you the screen grab and then follow it with my photo.

Next up we travel west to Paradise Cove to visit the location of KITT vs KARR.
Does anyone remember where I parked my KARR? :mrgreen:
Oh there he is! He went for a joyride without me. :mrgreen:
He ended up a little east of Paradise Cove parked along the PCH.
Ahhh, I think I’ll just sit here and listen to the ocean... Those were sure some nice locations. :D

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:56 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:I'm pretty sure I have it! (Boy, was it a toughie.)

The key to finding it is the elevation, so I looked for some of the highest properties in the surrounding areas. Look at the attached shot, and let me know what you think. The shape of the house, especially around the pool area (look at the rooftop), and the shape of the driveway leading to the house leads me to think it's the right one. Also notice there is a gate where there should be, too.

I checked out the angles on the map aerial settings, and it seems that the view is everything it should be. As with many of the other properties we've found, there have been developments nearby since Knight Rider was there.

The property is located on Place Moulin, Belvedere Tiburon, CA.
Yeah, I'm a little late to the party, but I had to reply about this one. :) I used to work a firm where the owner worked out of his house in Tiburon. I used to fly from my place in Oklahoma where I also worked out of my house to visit them from time to time. When I visited I stayed at his house there in Tiburon. Get this, his house was less than half a mile from that location and I never knew it! :) His house was basically on the same street that you had to take to get to that location. All I had to do would have been just to keep driving up the hill. Tiburon was great little town. I loved visiting there. Very pretty views and great weather year round!

AzBat360

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:00 am

1982 wrote:One thing that has to be taken into account is, the lens used in filming distorts the perspective of what is real life. Objects will appear closer than they really are, i.e. the filmed picture with the Golden Gate Bridge as opposed to the Heathcliff Dr picture Joe posted.

These 2 pictures should have made it the easiest to find. At least given a straight line in which to look.

With the TransAmerican Pyramid being on the left, and the 555 California Building being on the right, along with water inbetween, the location would be to the north. Now if you notice the object directly in front of the Pyramid (roughly eye-level of the girl in red on the right in the first picture, and also just above David's hair at the forehead), it could only be Alcaraz. In both pictures, the Pyramid looks to be right in the center of Alcatraz. On a map, drawing a line from the Pyramid and through the center of Alcatraz and extending the line over the land masses to the north, the line passes right over the location.

Reference points, a bit of logic, and sometimes the use of some math, make finding picture locations easier. :D
Good sleuthing, but I knew it was on Tiburon just from looking at the picture. Though it helped I've been there and seen that exact same view from my boss' house. LOL ;) BTW, the town is just Tiburon. Belvedere is the little island just west of Tiburon. They're kind of merged.

AzBat360

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:53 pm

This weeks adventure, the Knight estate, aka Greystone Mansion. Wow! Milton sure had a nice place! Humm... zip code 90210 …no wonder his children were out of control :P
Now where the heck is this place? It’s not Greystone… Glen says in the commentary that he can’t tell us or David will haunt the place. I’m guessing somewhere in Europe, anyone have any ideas.
And here’s yet another one to figure out, it’s not Greystone either.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:25 am

Sue;

I really appreciate your posting, especially this Locations one.
If you get a chance please join us at one of those locations namely Saugus Speedway it would be great to meet you in person.
So if you can fit our show into your plans we would all love it.
Take care,

David D. :dash: :kittconv2: Time to button up & burn out ........ :kittspin:

Acid_John_Byrock
Volunteer

Post by Acid_John_Byrock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:21 am

Hey guys!, how you doin' ... well I am new in the forum and I'm very happy to had joined now!. I'm from Mexico and my english is not good at all but I try to explain me more clearly.
For the first, I like to contribute with the incredible work that you are doing here specially for the locations and today when I was watching "DEADLY KNIGHTSHADE" episode, I discover another location that can be interesting and I don't know if anyone of you had recognized yet.
The hotel that appears in this episode was the "AMBASSADOR HOTEL" and was located on 3400 Wilshire Boulevard but now this hotel has dissapear because was demolished three years ago.
These are some clues that I finded for you, check it out and if I'm wrong, please tell me, ok?.
Attachments
this is the Ambassador Hotel as the "Ocean Breezes Hotel" for the episode...
this is the Ambassador Hotel as the "Ocean Breezes Hotel" for the episode...
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_1.jpg (77.78 KiB) Viewed 31288 times
look out, the clues are on the clock that is on the top of the hotel motor lobby and in the entrance carpet, it shows "AMBASSADOR HOTEL"
look out, the clues are on the clock that is on the top of the hotel motor lobby and in the entrance carpet, it shows "AMBASSADOR HOTEL"
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_Carpet.jpg (74.56 KiB) Viewed 31290 times
...and many years later, there it is the clock again
...and many years later, there it is the clock again
ambassador_ext_009.jpg (67.34 KiB) Viewed 31298 times

Acid_John_Byrock
Volunteer

Post by Acid_John_Byrock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 am

and here are more clues...
Attachments
this is an incomplete Wilshire Blvd Exit Sign during Ski Mode
this is an incomplete Wilshire Blvd Exit Sign during Ski Mode
Wilshire Blvd Sign.jpg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 31269 times
this is the location and check out the clues...
this is the location and check out the clues...
3400 Wilshire Boulevard_.jpg (182.69 KiB) Viewed 31272 times
this is the building that appears in front of KITT when start the chase on front of the hotel on wilshire Blvd.
this is the building that appears in front of KITT when start the chase on front of the hotel on wilshire Blvd.
Bank_.jpg (176.21 KiB) Viewed 31271 times
Gotcha 'pal, Let's Go!.

Acid_John_Byrock
Volunteer

Post by Acid_John_Byrock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:53 am

and more...
Attachments
there is the building in front of the ambassador hotel
there is the building in front of the ambassador hotel
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_3_.jpg (76.02 KiB) Viewed 31261 times
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_2_.jpg
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_2_.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 31263 times
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_4_.jpg
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_4_.jpg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 31263 times
Gotcha 'pal, Let's Go!.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 am

Showpro1 wrote:Sue;
I really appreciate your posting, especially this Locations one.
If you get a chance please join us at one of those locations namely Saugus Speedway it would be great to meet you in person.
So if you can fit our show into your plans we would all love it.
Take care,

David D. :dash: :kittconv2: Time to button up & burn out ........ :kittspin:
Thanks David, I’m glad people are still interested in this thread cause I still enjoy doing it. I have Saugus penciled in for next week, I hope everyone who is local to SoCal can make it out. I’d love to meet everyone.
Acid_John_Byrock wrote:Hey guys!, how you doin' ... well I am new in the forum and I'm very happy to had joined now!. I'm from Mexico and my english is not good at all but I try to explain me more clearly.
For the first, I like to contribute with the incredible work that you are doing here specially for the locations and today when I was watching "DEADLY KNIGHTSHADE" episode, I discover another location that can be interesting and I don't know if anyone of you had recognized yet.
The hotel that appears in this episode was the "AMBASSADOR HOTEL" and was located on 3400 Wilshire Boulevard but now this hotel has dissapear because was demolished three years ago.
These are some clues that I finded for you, check it out and if I'm wrong, please tell me, ok?.
Very cool find! Wow it’s such a shame that we have lost such a great landmark. Thanks for joining and posting! Welcome aboard!

Acid_John_Byrock
Volunteer

Post by Acid_John_Byrock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:18 am

and finally...
It's very sad to know that some of the Knight Rider Locations didn't already exists, only we had memories on DVD's :cry: ... well for more information about this hotel, I let you this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador_Hotel

I hope you enjoy!.

...Gotcha Pal, Let's Go!.
Attachments
at the beginning of the episode
at the beginning of the episode
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_6.jpg (57.48 KiB) Viewed 31248 times
...and sadly after, the same location(three years ago)
...and sadly after, the same location(three years ago)
ambassador_ext_027.jpg (70.56 KiB) Viewed 31245 times
Before...
Before...
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_5.jpg (63.23 KiB) Viewed 31252 times
Gotcha 'pal, Let's Go!.

Acid_John_Byrock
Volunteer

Post by Acid_John_Byrock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 am

Thanks a lot Sue!, I hope keep contribute with this forum, I like it! but for today it's all I have
Gotcha 'pal, Let's Go!.

Acid_John_Byrock
Volunteer

Post by Acid_John_Byrock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 pm

I can find another scene in the same hotel, when Templeton disappeared just after he killed Henderson and Michael finds a "secret door". This place was on the west side of the Ambassador Hotel
Attachments
and this is the location in the west side of the hotel.
and this is the location in the west side of the hotel.
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_7_.jpg (228.43 KiB) Viewed 31158 times
now check the detail of a kind of "bridge" between the entrance and the alley where Templeton disappeared.
now check the detail of a kind of "bridge" between the entrance and the alley where Templeton disappeared.
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_10.jpg (43.57 KiB) Viewed 31154 times
This is the alley...
This is the alley...
Deadly Knightshade_Hotel_9.jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 31158 times
Gotcha 'pal, Let's Go!.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 pm

nice work! This thread is awesome! Any ideas for the town in white rock? Anyone know where that is?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:21 pm

sue did you take any video if so can i use it for knightcon hehe

all the best

steve

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Crumbling Down;

Im not certain about the fictious White Rock ,but there is an actual White Rock Ive been to
in my KITT about five years ago on my way to an all Pontiac car show in Canada.
I do know the bait shop & jail that Michael does his jail break,is pure Universal Studios however the street where Big Lonnie got his cool van trashed by the motorcycle gang had to :kittspin: be a real city street ,I would guess somewhere near Universal.
Sue correct me if Im wrong on some of this.

D. Doggett. :kittspin: :kittconv2: Time to button up!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:14 am

knightconuk wrote:sue did you take any video if so can i use it for knightcon hehe
all the best
steve
http://www.4shared.com/dir/9022172/f9c1 ... aring.html
I did happen to grab a few shots; I got a few hand helds and then went back with the tripod briefly. What’s the quality of these on your end? Let me know if you know a better way to share files.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:54 am

Showpro1 wrote:Im not certain about the fictious White Rock
The fictitious White Rock was the Universal Backlot -- the Courthouse Square set that was later used as Hill Valley in the Back To The Future movies. It also appears in "A Nice, Indecent Little Town", "Sky Knight", and "Fright Knight." It was recently hit by the fire that devastated Universal.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;