KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2009

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tigersharka
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tigersharka » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:31 pm

KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL is coming spring 2009. Check back for details and information!
http://www.knightriderfestival.com/ :kitt:
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

kitt_rulz
Operative

Re: KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2009

Post by kitt_rulz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 am

let me know soon so i can scedule my vaction! I have to plan my vactions up to a year in advance!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:10 am

Hello...my goal for Knight Rider Festival to recognize the KITT car owners and how they support the TV series both past and present. In time I will post all details as they are finalized with the city, host hotel and celebrities.

Be patient. www.knightriderfestival.com is complete but the final details are to be confirmed. I understand we have a lot of work...but it will be the most exciting time for KITT owners and Knight Rider Fans.

Here is a general overview: LAS VEGAS-Entertainment Capital of the World...the original home for both 1982 pilot and 2008 pilot Knight Rider.

KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL pays homage to original television and it revolutionary car of the future “KITT” the original TV series & New 2008 NBC Show airing Fall 2008. The event will have attendees and fans from No. & So. America, Japan and Europe. Highlights-Special celebrity Appearances LV Strip ‘Cruise’ with KITT
TV Cars display, Celebrity Appearance, Cars of the Future Car Show, Entertainment, Drawings, Giveaway and Promotions, Stunt Show, and a special recognition of David Hasselhof, George Barris and other dignitaries.

International media will be present to observe this historical event produced by Paul Casey Productions, Las Vegas, Nevada.

I am new to the board. I appreciate your support and remember this event is for you. I expect an incredible turnout with people from all over the world.

Please email me if you have any questions. I will do my best to respond promptly.
thanks, Paul
Paul
"Only Las Vegas"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:37 am

Vegas baby?

Count me in.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

bright light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire, VIVAAAAA LAS VEGAS!!!!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 am

I'd be curious to find out more details Paul,

Feel free to send me a PM when you have more information.

=VK=
:dash:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Paul;

Ive always thought that Duke Fest was a great thing for Duke fans & if we as Knight Rider fans have something even
close, we will all owe you a BIG debt.
It sounds like it will be chance for replica owners such as myself to have a great event in addition to our event at the Saugus Speedway. :dash: :kitt2:
I look forward to hearing about the plans as things unfold.
Thanks,

D. Doggett. :kittspin:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:52 am

Sounds like fun! Would like to know the dates. Will you be updating your website with that information? 8)
:kitt: :karr:

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:32 pm

It's Official....here are the 2009 dates. Further information will be posted on the website.

downtown Las Vegas, Nevada
March 20-21, 2009

Keep an eye on our website for details. I appreciate your responses and support. This is an event for KITT owners and fans alike. I look forward to your responses.

thanks!
Paul Casey
http://www.knightriderfestival.com
Paul
"Only Las Vegas"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm

What do you mean by it's official? What specifically is official other then you put up a website for the event? I see no confirmed list of activites, guests, or what exactly the intent of this event is other then a gathering of Knight Rider fandom like the Saugus Car Show or Knightcon 08.

Is it located at or sponsored by a hotel? Is it in a parking lot somewhere? Downtown Las Vegas could mean anything.

I understand it's a long way away and that you'll update your site with more details but there really needs to be more information then a date to go on.

Your first description of the event is really kind of all over the place, could you clarify it?

Confirmed details would be more helpful, especially if you intend to get KR cast and crew to attend it.

Feel free to PM me with more info, I may be able to use my contacts to help you gather KR cast and crew to attend your event.

=VK=

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Victor, thank you for your post.

I have spelled out the general info in previous post. The schedule is being finalized and the website is complete. It will have all updates and pages with info to answer questions.

With today's economy and several events offered, most of the board members will need to know of an event well in advance. So my post is to inform all of the proposed dates and general location.

The festival's goal is to recognized the KITT owners. Fremont Street Experience is working closely with me on details to accommodate the cars. There will be secured parking for cars. Host hotel will provide general parking.

The host hotel is secured and will give a special rate for all car owners. This is important. As for cast, I have secured several at this time and waiting for confirmation from the remaining based on their own schedules.

All in all, this will be a very special event. I encourage anyone with questions, to email me direct. I will do my very best to respond promptly.
Thanks, Paul
paul@knightriderfestival.com
Paul
"Only Las Vegas"

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Paul
"Only Las Vegas"

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:You do realize Universal is likely going to sue you for using the Knight Rider images, fonts and other likenesses without their written permission? KR Online is mostly a fan forum -- but you look like your trying to make money off of Knight Rider.... Universal is going to protect its intellectual properties.

:kitt2: Kill joy :kittside:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm

To Universal Studios the original series is now a non issue, I know because when trying to
have permission to use certain images from Universal I found there isnt an issue.
Right now they are focused on the new Knight Rider, I look forward to this truly one of a kind show in a place where it all began in Knight Riders storyline.
This event will also give us as fans of Knight Rider the same sort of exciting show that Dukes Of Hazzard fans have here to fore enjoyed.
Its a win-win situation with things like stunts, original cast members,great Knight 2000 replicas as well a KARR here & there.
This next year will indeed be an exciting time to be a Knight Rider fan.

D. Doggett. :dash: :kittspin: :dance:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:21 pm

On an entirely different subject...

I'd like to express my support for Paul Casey and his efforts to make this show happen. I have spoken to him and I believe his intentions are not only noble but they are an excellent way to raise awareness about how popular and passionate the fan base for the classic Knight Rider series has become, especially as a community.

From conversionists, to replica owners, to people who just plain either love the show, the cast, the car, David Hasselhoff, Glen, or even people who love all things Knight Rider this is a grand stage in which to proclaim to the rest of the world that Knight Rider fans are just as important as Trekkies and Star Wars fans out there.

It's our collective moment to shine under the City of Lights and I for one am proud to be a part of it. I hope that you will give Paul time to continue to assemble this massive undertaking and give him some slack to show you what he can do with his talent and his passion which is in the end is for the fandom of Knight Rider, not his personal gain.

Paul this :good: is for you.

=VK=

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 pm

I know that the reason Paul Casey is putting on this one of a kind event is for the love of the Classic Knight Rider
series & to allow Knight Rider fans their chance to have a great time.

We should applaud his efforts because if it were about money he would have used his talent as an Entertainer and made this all about him, so I too am proud to be even a small part of this.

While Paul is spearheading the KnightFest 2009, I would ask that we all get behind this show so that more shows of this sort might be possible in the future for all Knight Rider fans.

Next year when this show occurs you can bet that it will be so Fantastic that the old saying - What happens in Vegas ,stays in Vegas will not be the case any longer.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Dave Doggett. :kittspin:

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:29 pm

tigersharka wrote:It's Official....here are the 2009 dates. Further information will be posted on the website.

March 20-21, 2009

Keep an eye on our website for details. I appreciate your responses and support. This is an event for KITT owners and fans alike. I look forward to your responses.

thanks!
Paul Casey
I just wanted to get this thread somewhat back on track. This looks like it could be a lot of fun, especially in Vegas! Anyone know when the next NASCAR race in Vegas is? It could make for an excellent vacation! :good:

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Stylez wrote:
tigersharka wrote:It's Official....here are the 2009 dates. Further information will be posted on the website.

March 20-21, 2009

thanks!
Paul Casey
I just wanted to get this thread somewhat back on track. This looks like it could be a lot of fun, especially in Vegas! Anyone know when the next NASCAR race in Vegas is? It could make for an excellent vacation! :good:
Do they still do the KR exhibit at the T/A nationals?

I remember those old KnightCons in Orlando, too. They were starting to get big when they suspended them.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Dukeboy320
Rookie

Post by Dukeboy320 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:22 pm

YEE HAAW!!! WERE GOING TO VEGAS!!!!

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Dukeboy320 wrote:YEE HAAW!!! WERE GOING TO VEGAS!!!!
Damn, you're a die hard DOH fan:

320 as in, CNH 320, correct?
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 pm

The bottom line is someone of Paul's stature is not going to endanger his ability to
make a living in Las Vegas or anywhere else, I can assure you he has his behind covered with respect
to any legalities.

Whether we are talking about Knight Nationals, The Knight Rider show at Saugus, or the upcoming KnightFest in Las Vegas, if we are really fans of Knight Rider we should be backing these great shows mainly because it extends
from one end of this country to another so that pretty much anyone can participate from where ever they are in the lower forty eight states.

It seems to me that it is much easier to tear down something, especially for those who dont want to
create anything of worth themselves.
No matter what the show will go on because the majority of fans see the worth of having these sorts of events.

Dave Doggett. :kittconv2: Time to button up!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 am

Vegas sounds exciting! Looking forward to more information becoming public!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:39 pm

A general question for you Paul: do you see this primarily as a Knight Rider replica show with additional exhibits, or is it a Knight Rider convention that will have replicas? I have been to both types of Knight Rider events and there is a difference. (but both are fun!)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi Michael, and the entire Knight Rider On Line community.

First and foremost, 'THANK YOU!"

The responses, emails and interest is overwhelming positive. I really appreciate the questions, concerns, ideas and even the criticism. Really...it helps me see the group's interest.

The KRO administrators are great. They have been a big help in suggestions, comments and more importantly support. I apprecaite their support.

The event is OPEN. The focus in on KITT Car owners...BUT I want all fans to attend. The center focus is the show and it's impact on us, you, the fans. Remember, this is the fist major event for Knight Rider Fans.

I am open to suggestions...and now is the time for them. The event is pretty much finished, the schedule and over all theme. However, I am still taking ideas for the VIP party. So send me an email.

Finally, remember many read your website. I hope this event will unify the members resulting in a positive weekend for all. It will be historical and the entire city of Las Vegas is eager to welcome you. Many will come to see your cars, your interest in this great show...and more importantly be a part of something very special.

thanks...write anytime. I will do my best to respond

Paul
paul@knightriderfestival.com
Paul
"Only Las Vegas"

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Paul;

All I can say right now is Fantastic & with all that I know so far it will be a time for all
of us to shine as fans whether we own a replica or not.
Hearing about the likes of Buzz Bundy who did those cool wheel stands (Ski Mode) joining us will be quite an honor
to see him.
The overall feel of the show will be anything but rinky dink & will get the Worlds attention especially with the
advent of the World Wide Web (maybe a simulcast) situation.
Thanks Paul,

D. Doggett. :kittspin: :kittconv2: Time to button up!