Another new blooper-Killer KITT

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Another new blooper-Killer KITT

Post by J-Knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Here we are on another similar discovery the last. I've found another KITT when we shouldn't see him! Look below and read the following:
See if you spot anything on the left ;)

Q: When do we see this, it could be part of the storyline?

A: We see this when we are taken back to bonnie in the semi as she answers Michales call. A call which he's made from a pay phone as KITT wont contact Bonnie. Therefore KITT cannot be in 2 scenes at once!
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Another new blooper-Killer KITT

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm

Another excellent find, J-Knight. Perhaps the crew backs the car in that way to record footage of it parked for scenes throughout the season where K.I.T.T. has to drive out of a lot really fast?

Also in this episode, you can catch the stunt driver's hands going through the driver's seat to steer the stunt steering wheel. It happens right after K.I.T.T. smashes Michael into the Snack Shack and then backs out:

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:11 pm

Wow, you guys got a really good eye for that stuff. Although, after getting all 4 seasons on dvd, I have noticed seeing hands on the steering wheel, and the driver's side seat looking kinda bulky in some scenes where KITT's driverless. Stuff I never noticed as a kid watching it for the first time.
:kitt: :karr:

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:50 pm

The dvds are awesome, make sure you keep an eye out for dents in KITT, especially the rear quarter panels.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 am

That was the only problem I had with the DVDs. They cleaned up the footage so much you could see hands, back seat drivers, event the tiny explosives on KTT when he gets shot at. :kitt2:

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:30 am

dag268 wrote:That was the only problem I had with the DVDs. They cleaned up the footage so much you could see hands, back seat drivers, event the tiny explosives on KTT when he gets shot at. :kitt2:
Imagine what it will be like the day it gets onto Blu-Ray!!

Great find JKnight!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 am

dag268 wrote:That was the only problem I had with the DVDs. They cleaned up the footage so much you could see hands, back seat drivers, event the tiny explosives on KTT when he gets shot at. :kitt2:
For Seasons 1 and 2 I agree with you. Seasons 3 and 4, not so much. Season 4 in particular got the worst transfer of them all. The episodes are brighter and grainier, especially the teasers, which look terrible. Universal really should have given it an all-new transfer for the upcoming box set, not to mention upgrading the sound to Stereo as it originally aired.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 pm

If the new box set is just repackaged old stock I'll probably pass. The complete audio, at least as it aired, would be nice and I can understand if a couple songs need to be REPLACED but not deleted. Oh and NBC...if you're listening...BLU-RAY! :lol:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:28 pm

When is the new box set release date? If we could get all 4 seasons in stereo, that would be worth the buy right there! Wonder what special features will be on it, if any new ones than the current dvd's out there. I own all 4 seasons that were originally released, and for the most part, the y look and play well, never had a prblem with them. Just wondering if the new box set would be worth the money, since I already own them on dvd. :?

:kitt: :karr:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 am

Well, now. Here's an interesting question. What if all the episodes were touched up to cover such flaws and/or improve scenes, like Lucus did for re-releases of Star Wars. After all, we now have the technology to do it. But, should it be done? Digitally erase hands and doubles. Replace poor models with superior looking CGI. Who would want perfection over realistic "Easter Egg" flaws? Every episode has them. Some are so obvious that the editing room must have been staffed with the blind. But, should it be touched, now that DVD can reveal what the original broadcast could cloak?

Personally, I say no. It just feels more real, knowing that they wern't able to be perfect. I even plan on capturing a shot of the time KITT drives by and this perfect reflection of the camera, operator and boom was captured on film.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:05 am

Leave them all the way they were originaly. That was what made them more believable. More realistic.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:43 am

Although I don't have a screen capture of this (feel free to post one), when RC3 and Michael are off speeding after Nordstrom's traveling mobile command thing in Killer K.I.T.T., you can clearly see (if you're looking close enough) them pass the knight semi in the side windows even though they're supposed to be speeding along in SPM miles away from the parking lot where the semi is stationed.

=VK=
:dash:

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Those are the kind I like VK. I'll look out for it :D
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Found these 2 after watching Killer KITT today :D

Note the mirrored image

This shot is where Michael pulls up to Farrels house.

Also you see the damage/chipped paint on the bumper of KITT after he swipes the red Mercury of Farrel

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:37 pm

What I actually find funny in the last photo is all the people standing around watching!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:07 am

LOL! :lol: that's so funny!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:21 am

can you tell me one thing??why in every episode..kitt has not the blue see-through line at the top of the windshield!???

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:54 pm

stelios_z28 wrote:can you tell me one thing??why in every episode..kitt has not the blue see-through line at the top of the windshield!???
Not every car has the blue tint on the windshield. Mostly imports don't have them but I will occasionally see a domestic without it. It's just a option the glass companies offer but don't have to have it. I'd say since these where first production T/A's Id say they used the untinted version to save cost.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 pm

This pic did bring up a question from me though. Are the license plates from the same year and the blue and yellow plates just vanity plates?

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am

i can answer this one:

in California you can keep the same plate you got with your car when it was registered for the first time for MANY years. that is why you see cars from the 60s and 70s with the yellow number/letters on a black plate (like the mustang in Bullitt, or Nash Bridges 'cuda). Since the 1st season of KR came out in 82 all plates that were on new cars that year were the yellow number/letters on a medium blue background (like KITT's KNIGHT plate). the style of plate that was on that red ford came out in mid 84 and was best used as the OUTATIME plate on the Delorean from Back to the Future (came out in 85, filmed in 84). and that is why the 77KR1177 plate on the 2008/2009 KITT is the current style of the blue number/letters on a white background with CALIFORNIA in red cursive :good:. and because of that you will see many cars in California to this day with plates from different eras on cars from the era the plate was first put on that car. now if say you had a 80s car and you had a yellow on blue plate and you sell the car the person who buys that car would be given a plate like the one on the current KITT from the DMV. there are places you can get unused or plates that were turned into the DMV and can be RE registered on the car but the car has to be at least 20 years or older minimum to get them on a car unless you bought that car new when the older style plates were on that car ;).

WHEW :mrgreen:!
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Oh OK I never new CA changed their plate so often. MO won't let you run a diff plate unless the car is older than 20 yrs old. We had red and white plates back then and they didn't change till 94. What was most cool was that the vanity plates where yellow and black, not too far from the CA version :).

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:38 pm

MR2NR wrote:
stelios_z28 wrote:can you tell me one thing??why in every episode..kitt has not the blue see-through line at the top of the windshield!???
Not every car has the blue tint on the windshield. Mostly imports don't have them but I will occasionally see a domestic without it. It's just a option the glass companies offer but don't have to have it. I'd say since these where first production T/A's Id say they used the untinted version to save cost.

my car is a 1982 model and due to its vin number it give me month april of year 1982..it means it is older than what universal used but it still has the tinted visor on the windshield!i also know that the car has one owner since it came out the production line and told me that he never change the windshield!wierd things!

fodder650
Stranger

Post by fodder650 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Im sure its been pointed out before. But at the beginning of "Trust Don't Rust" when David Hasselhoff stops and stands in front of KITT the scanner is clearly not running.