10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kwsta20
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kwsta20 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:56 am

ok, if everybody didnt turn on there tv sets to watch the fist episode of this stupid wannabe version of knight rider, maybe the writers would listen to us and do this show the right way...

Reasons why this show is going to suck

1. Fix a better dash! seriously i love the ford mustang and all, but i dont wanna see a 60's retro looking dash in a state of the art automobile!

2. lambo Doors??? what is kitt going to throw michael knight out sideways?, like the old kitt tossed michael outta the t-tops???

3. the voice?? where the F#$% is Mr. feeny??? William daniels should of done kitt, pretend the foundation just upgraded the program and put it into the ki3t's processor. Why is this so hard???

4. Cobra symbols???? lmao, huh?? what does a snake have to do with a knight???

5. where's the semi??? you know they aren't going to use a semi... they now have a batcave??? (a.k.a knight research and development) wilton knight is rolling over in his grave!!!

6. Attack mode kitt... :roll: lets go to the track, drink some beers, while michael knight tries to sleep with sara graimen, while trying to impress her with ki3t wich looks like a dragster that belongs in the fast and the furious movies!

7. kitt is learning??? learning??? this i a billion dollar automobile and charles forgot to give it personality???

8. Cgi Turbo boosting??? They redid the dukes of hazzard movie and actually made the charger jump back in 2001 or something. cgi????

9. the ford f-150 turns into ki3t as we see in one of the previews. please explain this one to me. the foundation must have like alien technology or something or maybe the transformers and kitt are cousins

10. No Firebird, and were not going to see one. Why?? cause we live in a bussiness world and ford will never let a gm car on there show

i'm boycotting this peace of crap, they ruined my childhood memories with this garbage. if no one tunes in on this date, maybe the writers will get the idea. i feel bad for Glen A larson, cause he has nothing to do with this mockery of his show, and he's probably laughing at all these people trying oh so hard to be like him.

I'm out!!
sincerly,
A man who does not exist

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by James_kr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:20 am

Agreed, Though I sort of see why they wouldn't use William for the voice. They're just not finding the right person to voice the new KITT. Seams like there's a lot of changes that need to be done with this series. The original Knight Rider hardly changed at all from the pilot episode. If anything it was the same thing except some of the KITT's had different noses in some scenes, but the nose the designs in the pilot lasted to the end of the series! Most of KI3T hasn't lasted past the pilot and I doubt it will stay the same long in the next few eps either.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:09 am

kwsta20 wrote:i'm boycotting this peace of crap, they ruined my childhood memories with this garbage. if no one tunes in on this date, maybe the writers will get the idea. i feel bad for Glen A larson, cause he has nothing to do with this mockery of his show, and he's probably laughing at all these people trying oh so hard to be like him.

I'm out!!
sincerly,
A man who does not exist
Whilst you’re certainly within your rights to boycott the new series, I’d seriously suggest that you give the first episode a chance, even if you decide to never return afterwards.

The people in charge are trying hellishly hard to cater to us older fans whilst also trying to make the show appealing to a new generation. To be blunt, if they only appealed to us, the odds of the series succeeding in today’s environment would be rather slim. By tapping into the culture that’s been portrayed in the Fast and the Furious films with the Attack KITT, and using a transformation sequence to go from being a Shelby to an F-150 pickup truck, and then back again, the show instantly starts to appeal to those audiences as well, which in turn will significantly increase the number of people watching the show.

It might be unpalatable to some, but at the end of the day, the new series of Knight Rider needs to tap into an audience that’s larger than us alone, and if snazzy visual effects, hot rod racers, and 4x4 pickup trucks are what it takes for this show to be embraced, then I say go for it, because the narrative will be what’s designed for us older fans.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:07 am

People are so quick to write off this series without seeing any of it!

I only really have one thing to say about it - It's not old Knight Rider and never will be!
BUT - give it a go - you might be surprised!

If you don't like it, go and enjoy the DVDs again and again, while the rest of us have something new and fresh to get enthused about.

We had a similar thing in the UK in2005 when Doctor Who came back. Since then, what was once a "nerdy" and eventually largely forgotten show was suddenly at the top (and is still there) of the ratings! People can't seem toget enough of it...

It's not the same as the old series but it has some great nods to it. There've been some outstanding episodes that have eclipsed anything the original series ever had.

Tobie
Operative

Post by Tobie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 am

the first guys right! im boycotting the show too! cant stand this nonsense what thinks its knight rider! im out!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:54 am

The only reason you guys were able to express those opinions on here is because somewhere along the line you went on to google (or any other search engine) and typed in Knight Rider because you were feeling nostalgiac and you found this site.

News Flash, the reality is that Knight Rider that we knew was a show of its time and also in the credits at the end of the show stating that vehicles were furnished by GM so the same business deals were obviously around back then too. All the characters we loved as kids were played by ACTORS. Knight Rider was and will continue to be escapism. William Daniels is certainly not a young man now, Edward Mulhare is dead, the only one of the original cast who would now be able (and willing) to re appear would be the HOFF and even he is not going to be throwing his weight around as much as he did because he (like the rest of us) is getting older. The only way the legacy can continue for a new generation is to have a newer approach to the same idea. Some 5 year old kid isnt going to find all that exciting watch DH as he is now, struggling to be running around in a car that went out of production many years before they were even born.

Its a credit to Larsons creation that even without his involvement there are people out there who want continue a story he started a long time ago but times do change, times have changed.

I am a fan of the original, a massive fan but we have to give the new one a chance

Its great being nostalgiac but theres a quote i read somewhere, "nostalgia isn't what it used to be...."

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:56 am

kwsta20 wrote:i'm boycotting this peace of crap, they ruined my childhood memories with this garbage. if no one tunes in on this date, maybe the writers will get the idea.
I've seen this exact argument over and over on scifi boards about new interpretations of shows/movies "ruining childhood memories" and for the life of me, I will never understand it. Did the production of the February 2008 movie somehow cause a rift in time that caused all existing copies of the original series to be wiped out? Did someone mindwipe you and change your memories of the original show? Saying something new ruins your memories of the old is like saying "This Domino's pizza isn't to my taste, so it ruins how much I enjoyed that Pizza Hut pizza last week." It makes no sense to me.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:25 am

goldbug wrote:
kwsta20 wrote:i'm boycotting this peace of crap, they ruined my childhood memories with this garbage. if no one tunes in on this date, maybe the writers will get the idea.
I've seen this exact argument over and over on scifi boards about new interpretations of shows/movies "ruining childhood memories" and for the life of me, I will never understand it. Did the production of the February 2008 movie somehow cause a rift in time that caused all existing copies of the original series to be wiped out? Did someone mindwipe you and change your memories of the original show? Saying something new ruins your memories of the old is like saying "This Domino's pizza isn't to my taste, so it ruins how much I enjoyed that Pizza Hut pizza last week." It makes no sense to me.
OOOh, don't get me started on how Pizza ain't what it used to be...

Used to be the size of a continent - and now? Well, barely the size of a small child's head...

Old and new can co-exist (KR I now mean, not pizza) and from what I've seen so far it's light years ahead of even TKR which is only 10 years old yet more in-keeping with the original than ever...

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:29 pm

This is a great post and it is the reality of things. I think the darker approach GST is taking is going to create and expand the mythology deeper than we've ever imagined. From a non biased point of view and stepping away as a fanatic I think GST is nailing this ball out of the park when he steps up to the plate September 24th. WORD! lol
Matthew wrote:Whilst you’re certainly within your rights to boycott the new series, I’d seriously suggest that you give the first episode a chance, even if you decide to never return afterwards.

The people in charge are trying hellishly hard to cater to us older fans whilst also trying to make the show appealing to a new generation. To be blunt, if they only appealed to us, the odds of the series succeeding in today’s environment would be rather slim. By tapping into the culture that’s been portrayed in the Fast and the Furious films with the Attack KITT, and using a transformation sequence to go from being a Shelby to an F-150 pickup truck, and then back again, the show instantly starts to appeal to those audiences as well, which in turn will significantly increase the number of people watching the show.

It might be unpalatable to some, but at the end of the day, the new series of Knight Rider needs to tap into an audience that’s larger than us alone, and if snazzy visual effects, hot rod racers, and 4x4 pickup trucks are what it takes for this show to be embraced, then I say go for it, because the narrative will be what’s designed for us older fans.

Matt

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:46 pm

pheonix_knight wrote: Some 5 year old kid isnt going to find all that exciting watch DH as he is now, struggling to be running around in a car that went out of production many years before they were even born
But who is the target audience anyway with this show?? It doesn't appear to be aimed at kids with all the violence.

It seams odd that the new "Knight Rider" has to leech off the popularity of other movies (eg: fast & furious/transformers) to be popular. There is really no originality left in this show. Fair enough they are using the basic formula of 1 man and 1 car but then they have mixed it with fast & furious, transformers and now Batman!!!

The only thing that would make me potentially like the mustang is if they stopped throwing advertisements at us and made the car a unique "one of a kind" vehicle like the original KITT was.

I've forgotton the name of the movie they took the voice modulator idea from but that's just another example of no originality. People recognize KITT's voicebox just by looking at the three bars of red LED's. People aren't going to know what this new one is at all. Hopefully they revert back to the one they had in the pilot but I doubt that is going to happen!

:kitt2: K2000 Forever! :)
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Come back after the first few episodes then pass judgement.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:16 pm

kwsta20 wrote: i'm boycotting this peace of crap, they ruined my childhood memories with this garbage.
Really, this ruined your childhood memories? That’s kinda implying they were still intact up until this point. I guess that means you didn’t find fault with TKR. :shock:
Team Knight Rider

Edit: no offence intended TKR fans.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:41 pm

1. Apparently you haven't seen the make over that the NEW KITT got in the previews. Yes theres going to be some new features in the series that are totally different then the movie, or the old knight rider

2. Lambo doors are for Attack KITT not the oridinary KITT. Apparently someone doesn't know the difference.

3. Mr. Fenny (William Daniels) Played Knight Industries Two Thousand, this new one is a Three Thousand. Which means its not the original KITT. My guess is that the original is with Michael Knight(Long)

4. I really donno what the cobra has anything to do with perhaps it'll be explained to us during the series.

5. Its not really called the KITT cave its actually something else but they just call it the KITT cave for short. Also there is a semi. You just haven't seen any sneak peeks yet.

6. Apparently you don't want to watch for yourself you've already drawn up your own conclusion without watching. Why are you even watching in the first place again? Why do you even care?

7. Artificially Intelligant means its a learning machine. KITT didn't have much of a personality when he first got on the road with Michael. He learned it all from Michael. Or did you miss that part.

8. Not all of the turbo boosts are going to be in CGI. Open your ears.

9. The new MBS consists of live nano machines that can change shape. As far as I can tell even if he did have nano machines to change shape the fact that the truck is huge and the mustang is small doesn't really add up so I agree with a certain awestruckness as to say 'how?'

10. they never said there wasn't going to be No Firebird! Gary said he'd love to bring KITT back and they were going to try and work that into the script. So this question is irrelavent to my interests.
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Here's my top 10 reasons why your top 10 reasons are ignorant...

10. You haven't watched the whole show.
9. Nevermind, there's only one reason.

AzBat360

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:07 pm

I will always give anything with the the name Knight Rider a chance.I liked everything except for Knight rider 2010 which didn't have anything to do with our favorite series but if named something else would probably make a nice series all its own.I will definatly give this new incarnation a chance not just because it does connect to the series but it has the same ingredients that made the original series cool.a advanced state-of-the-art supercomputer on wheels that could do anything with artificial intelligence.A man who'se identity changes.He's now Michael Knight.A learning supercomputer that will learn how to cope with learning to be more human.Turbo boost...need I say more?

The only things so far that I don't like in the series is the dash is so stock to me.The new globe modulator is a really old fashioned look.Did we go back to the 1970's and no one told me?The attack mode kitt?I remember in Killer Kitt that Kitt said attack mode engaged(only mentioned in the entire series) yet nothing of his original configuration had to change.The car's ability to look like any other car around was in a way very important to make it seem like more than just a car and that was cool.The new look of the attack mode kitt car looks so rediculous to me.

If Michael Traceur will become Michael Knight,Why can't the new license plate still say knight?I'll post this as a seperate post it it belongs in this list of things I don't like about the series.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:53 pm

I agree with you on the dash.99% of my dislike for it is for his HAL9000 style voice modulator.And William Daniels is now 81 years old.But it would be great if he'd make a few appearences as the original KITT.This is the year 2008 and not 1982,and networks are more interested in an 18-49 demographic than a family audience.For Ford,KR '08 is all about the advertising(sadly).The Cobra symbols...yeah,I can also agree with you on that.The show is designed for a new audience and generation(particularly mine),who's more interested in "ricers"(although I do love cars engeneered in Japan,ricers get on my nerves after a certain extent).And for the Lambo doors,maybe KI3T will morph a sunroof and kick him out through there!And for learning,it's for some extra tie to the original series,because the original KITT also learned things too,and they want KI3T to be different from KITT.Last but not least,I'm going to stand by my decision to see a few episodes before I judge KR '08.
kwsta20 wrote:9. the ford f-150 turns into ki3t as we see in one of the previews. please explain this one to me. the foundation must have like alien technology or something or maybe the transformers and kitt are cousins
KI3T is the son of Optimus Prime,but he was transferred to a Mustang by Charles Graiman,because he was going to be come the next Goliath after he was to be kidnapped by the Decepticons to help them in their evil-doing.J/K! :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Actually I like the bat cave idea. It makes sense that KITT would have a home base to do extensive repairs and upgrades etc. Not everything can be done on the semi. Ships usually have a homeport. ;-)

Plus, I still say the C-130 is a good idea too, if it results in Knight Rider going global. Like I said, you could have KITT running through the streets of London or Paris after being air dropped by the C-130. :-) Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen until at least season 2...the show has to be proven to be popular to get more budget. :)

I agree that the nanotech skin should not be able to transform the car into a truck. That would have to be another technology.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:17 am

The show would have to be a monster success, bigger than Heroes, to get the kind of budget it would require for the show to take place (as in being filmed on location and not just a poor recreation) in other countries outside of Canada, Mexico , maybe Central and South America.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:40 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
kwsta20 wrote:9. the ford f-150 turns into ki3t as we see in one of the previews. please explain this one to me. the foundation must have like alien technology or something or maybe the transformers and kitt are cousins
KI3T is the son of Optimus Prime,but he was transferred to a Mustang by Charles Graiman,because he was going to be come the next Goliath after he was to be kidnapped by the Decepticons to help them in their evil-doing.J/K! :lol:
:lol:

I dig the transforming aspect of KI3T, I really do prefer it to the morphing of the pilot show. Then again Im a huge Transformers fan too! :D

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:53 am

Gee, never seen this topic before :roll:
I don't like many things about this show, like the Attack K3000 but I will give it a chance because out of all the reboot attempts this is the only one that remotely feels like classic KR.
As for all you negative drones, contact Dr Brown he has a machine that can transport you back to the 80's where you will be happy.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Well the oster of the thread is quite new to the board, they probaly wanted to see a reacton like this, and now they are reading the replies with delight.

I think most people are looking forward to the new Knight RIder, of course most of us may be a bit concerned that it will just be another let down like Knight Rider 200 and team Knight Rider, but it does look good to me.

We have only seen the pilot so far and becuase of that we need to get into the series when it starts to get used to the diffrent people and the new Kitt.

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Again all of you are missing the point, First off i am a huge knight rider fan and i caught the first season at the age of 5 or 6. As for the A%^&hole who said i just bumped into this forum from yahoo, MY FREIND, I'VE BEEN ON THIS FORUM SINCE YOU WERE IN DIAPERS!
You guys are so caught up into todays world that you beleive that a car can turn into a pick up. Stop and think for a second. Can a body frame of a pick up turn into a 2 door sports coupe??? I can see it turning into a lincoln mkz or something, but here's a reality check... it cant turn into a pick up or anything else!
As for kitts voice im not living in the 80's, but they can seriously find someone better to do kitts voice. Use alfred from batman for all i care, at least the voice will sound intelegent and sophisticated. Val Kilmer is a great actor but doesnt cut it as kitts voice. Remember they chose him last minute.
The pilot was a lot better then what gst is trying to do, the only thing missing from the pilot was some turbo boost and ski mode... And speaking of ski mode, what ever happaned to that?? Half of you dont even know what im talking about because again you're not the knight rider fans, you just follow the trends of the world and whats in and cool! Glowing blue lights under kitt... What a joke!!!!! lets have a honda civic as karr later on!! What ever happaned to just good old american fun???? :roll:

let smokey and the bandit, the dukes of hazzard and 80's knight rider always live on, now that was fun classic entertainment!

And i guarantee The Glen A. Larson movie will be done the right way!!!

this is why the us economy sucks and people are not buying the american muscle cars anymore cause Fans like you like drifting, lets support Japan!!

btw i myself drive a 07 black mustang gt

till next time,
A man that does not exist

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Watch my home made video of what knight rider should be!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZcF31X6zRg

or join me on www.myspace.com/knightridershow

sincerly,
A man who does not exist

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:57 pm

kwsta20 wrote:Glowing blue lights under kitt... What a joke!!!!! lets have a honda civic as karr later on!!
I agree with the glowing blue lights.I love Japanese cars,but somethings about them(the way they customize them sometimes).Second off,KARR should be a Toyota Camry.Looks better that way.Civic>Mustang>Corrola>Camry.I'm the youngest member on this forum,and I'm only 15 years old!GST is trying to aim at our age group,by putting things that we like.And a LOT of people my age are tuner/muscle car fanatics and I'm one of them.Although I do agree with how silly Attack KI3T looks.Plus,I have a little brother who can't wait for the show to air on Sept. 24th.

If you like the old KR,we're all fine with it.KR '08 won't be everyone's cup of tea,and I respect that.Just keep in mind that it's the year 2008 and things have(obviously)changed.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:29 pm

kwsta20 wrote:Again all of you are missing the point, First off i am a huge knight rider fan and i caught the first season at the age of 5 or 6. As for the A%^&hole who said i just bumped into this forum from yahoo, MY FREIND, I'VE BEEN ON THIS FORUM SINCE YOU WERE IN DIAPERS!
You guys are so caught up into todays world that you beleive that a car can turn into a pick up. Stop and think for a second. Can a body frame of a pick up turn into a 2 door sports coupe??? I can see it turning into a lincoln mkz or something, but here's a reality check... it cant turn into a pick up or anything else!
As for kitts voice im not living in the 80's, but they can seriously find someone better to do kitts voice. Use alfred from batman for all i care, at least the voice will sound intelegent and sophisticated. Val Kilmer is a great actor but doesnt cut it as kitts voice. Remember they chose him last minute.
The pilot was a lot better then what gst is trying to do, the only thing missing from the pilot was some turbo boost and ski mode... And speaking of ski mode, what ever happaned to that?? Half of you dont even know what im talking about because again you're not the knight rider fans, you just follow the trends of the world and whats in and cool! Glowing blue lights under kitt... What a joke!!!!! lets have a honda civic as karr later on!! What ever happaned to just good old american fun???? :roll:

let smokey and the bandit, the dukes of hazzard and 80's knight rider always live on, now that was fun classic entertainment!

And i guarantee The Glen A. Larson movie will be done the right way!!!

this is why the us economy sucks and people are not buying the american muscle cars anymore cause Fans like you like drifting, lets support Japan!!

btw i myself drive a 07 black mustang gt

till next time,
A man that does not exist

This has now officially become the dumbest topic I've seen here in months, specifically due to this post..... I'm actually speechless.....

Okay, not really and I'm sure you weren't here when any of us were in diapers, I'm also willing to bet you only caught Knight Rider in syndication.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: