F150 vs Convertible Mustang??

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

F150 vs Convertible Mustang??

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

Ok whilst i really like the way they've done 'movie style' transforming on TV show budget, I think it would be far more plausible if Ki3t did a "C Button" and became a Mustang Convertible rather than the bending of the laws of physics to become an F150 in the scene where they jump into the back of it. Would have been nice to see the stunt people grabbing on and getting into the seats like in the old show

Not only did it change shape but the engine miraculously altered too, listen...

the last point there could be 'got around' if they did as in TOS and gave Ki3t its own unique engine sound and just used that all the time no matter what mode... (wouldnt be too hard even at this stage to post prod all the filmed episodes....) I can hear Ford now saying they want the cars to look/sound as standard as poss but we're talking AI/self driving and transforming here so wheres the 'standard' bit bout that..../??

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: F150 vs Convertible Mustang??

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:37 am

I agree, though they gotta get use out of the pick up that for some reason is needed as apparently the regular car isn't able to traverse rough terrain. Besides, going from convertible to a regular hooded Mustang isn't as flashy.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:47 am

pheonix_knight wrote:the last point there could be 'got around' if they did as in TOS and gave Ki3t its own unique engine sound and just used that all the time no matter what mode... (wouldnt be too hard even at this stage to post prod all the filmed episodes....) I can hear Ford now saying they want the cars to look/sound as standard as poss but we're talking AI/self driving and transforming here so wheres the 'standard' bit bout that..../??
In the pilot, didn't they explain though that KI3T runs on ordinary gasoline to get around the need for engineers working on complicated turbine systems when in the field? If so, I would then expect KI3T to sound more like a standard 'stang.

Plus, if KI3T 'transforms' into another vehicle, it would be appropriate that his sound does too. He wouldn't blend in too well if he was a V8 sounding Prius, would he?! This could be explained away as anharmonic synthesis if required...

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 am

Didnt the original KITT once say he was capable of running on 'any combustable fuel'???

Why can't the modern incarnation do the same, and whats 'less complicated' about an entire engine reforming itself??

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:00 pm

kittconvert.jpg
kittconvert.jpg (189.96 KiB) Viewed 9261 times
Definitely want to see this!!!!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Well, it would be a little (okay, a lot) more difficult and dangerous to make a running jump into that convertible while it's moving than into a pick-up's flatbed. So maybe that was the better choice, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:32 pm

the convertible pictured (nice job btw Sue) has a roll bar, so they couldve grabbed that.... i suspect it would be more painful than what appears to have happened to the occupants during the transformation from being in the back of a pick up to being in the driving seat of a 4 seater sports car...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Sue wrote:
kittconvert.jpg
Definitely want to see this!!!!

And you will!, theres no way they wont put a convertible in the series, I bet 20$ they do. Nice photoshop Sue.

Matt.

Edit. Not only did that rhyme but its also my 200th post wahey!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:59 pm

weeezl wrote: Nice photoshop Sue.

Matt.

Thanks! And good job weeezl! I just passed 400 myself and I joined 2 months after you. :oops: I’m not sure if this means I should celebrate or seek professional help. :shifty: Knight Riders Anonymous anyone? :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:26 pm

Sue wrote:
weeezl wrote: Nice photoshop Sue.

Matt.

Thanks! And good job weeezl! I just passed 400 myself and I joined 2 months after you. :oops: I’m not sure if this means I should celebrate or seek professional help. :shifty: Knight Riders Anonymous anyone? :mrgreen:
Knight Riders Anonymous for sure! :D lol

Any word on that WD info yet?

Matt.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:54 am

kittconvertible.jpg
kittconvertible.jpg (191.89 KiB) Viewed 9099 times
Sorry, I’m a perfectionist. :mrgreen:
-Nope no word yet about WD, haven’t heard from MJ, sorry.
Oooh I just missed capturing the newest commercial, did anyone out there record last comic standing?

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:25 am

I'd much rather they used a convertible KITT and just dropped the idea of using an F150. It puts me off that they have a billion ads for Ford during the breaks, but in the show its even worse!

Gee someone put some real effort into that photoshop. Almost looks like its the same car!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:31 am

You know,

When I fist saw this thread last night, I couldn't help but think that I'd seen a Mustang convertible without the roll bar a couple of years ago, and sure enough, it turns out that I had, and to make things even better, it was even a GT500 model.

Whilst the GT500KR doesn't have such a sibling at this point, I'm pretty sure that it'd only be a case of switching the hood, spoiler and wheels on the regular GT500 for ones from a KR if the people in charge chose to go the convertible route at some point. :good:

Matt

Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:34 am

Sue wrote:
kittconvertible.jpg
Sorry, I’m a perfectionist. :mrgreen:
-Nope no word yet about WD, haven’t heard from MJ, sorry.
Oooh I just missed capturing the newest commercial, did anyone out there record last comic standing?
Me neither, I sent a msg to him through youtube a few days ago but no answer yet.

I read about the WD thing somewhere a week ago and Ive been looking for it ever since. I hope it doesnt turn out to be a mix-up with his Mio work :cry:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:44 am

Using a F150 to jump into has a lot less risk of damage then jumping on top of 4 seats and potentially the stickshift. :shock: ;)
Sue wrote:Oooh I just missed capturing the newest commercial, did anyone out there record last comic standing?
I do have it recorded, though at home! I've got my DVR to record all NBC primetime now. What was the commercial like? Shoot me a PM next time so I can upload it before work!