How Positive

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jimknight
Rookie

How Positive

Post by jimknight » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:20 pm

Just a question to everyone how positive are you all on the new series.
personally i cant wait for it and seeing the minute trailer and attack KI3T im swaying towards it being a really good series.

Obviously until i see it im not going to pass judgement on it being better than the original due to the fact i love it and was born in 82 so remember growing u and seeing episodes of it

DeeKnight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: How Positive

Post by DeeKnight » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Well im excited by it,it seems to have came on leaps and bounds since the pilot!

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm very possitive about this series, i would say i'm 75-80% possitive (as much as i saw), it has few negative things, but it's much better than pilot (i was possitive only 50% about it). It's improving. Can't wait.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:17 pm

After reading a few snippets of the scripts and seeing the new preview, which has been put together from only 4 weeks of filming , Im very positive that this will be a good show. It looks like the the poducers are really trying to cater for the fans of TOS and also cater for todays generation, that cant be an easy feat. Its not gonna be the original and I certainly wouldnt want it to try and be, personally I cant wait.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I can't wait! :) I was 100% positive on the pilot movie and I'm 110% positive on the series! I think this has the potential to be the show of the year.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 pm

I have to say that i have a lot of faith in this series to be pretty good

I won't lie and say that i don't have my doubts because after KR2000 and TKR I'd probably be stupid not to. However i really enjoyed the pilot, now it wasn't perfect but it was good, it wasn't KR as we know it but for me it understood the most of what mattered (except turbo boost obviously) and had a reasonable stab at a present day KITT. Plus (possibly most importantly most of us can agree that at the very least)the cast were all very likeable and suitable which considering how attached we are to the cast of the orginal series is a massive deal. One of my friends has also seen it and although he has a fondness for KR it's not close to the level we all do and he loved it.

After seeing the teaser it already looks heaps better, the creators obviously have taken onboard problems that we and others had and have endeavoured to fix them as best they can in conjunction with their own needs which is more than fair really. The fact that they are listening is great, it already seems to have improved the situation and as far as i'm concerned things can only get better.

I for one and really up for a new KR series, it doesn't have to be and shouldn't be the same but just capture some of the essence of the show which i think it does. So far i am one happy bunny.
From the Comic-Con we have seen that those involved have a huge passion for this project, it's not just a paycheque for them and that is just awesome.
It's great to see that NBC seem to be doing what they can to make this project a success and seem to have the faith in giving it a fair run.
It also occurs to me that we are quite lucky that this show is not being broadcast on Fox since they seem to cancel anything thats good that isn't the simpsons. (Futurama. Family Guy, Firefly being a case in point)

Come on we have a great looking KR project sitting fairly comfortable on the boiler now and so far as good the general flavour of the project is going well. For all the disappointments we have had regarding this series surely most of us can have only been reduced to a 75%-80% level of excitment but come it's still very much KR so how can we not be MEGA PUMPED right now.

I for one am already annoying my friends with my excitement for the show and mentioning it's existence to all that will hear it. My friends generally cant understand my love of the original series and the mighty Hoff, where as i can't understand their unwillingness to acknowledge their collective greatness.

September 24th can't come soon enough for me........ Roll on KR2008
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:33 pm

I'm sure we're all in for a treat, TOS has some mighty big boots to fill, I'm reserving judgment until the premiere but I'm having an overall positive outlook on it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Ditto, I have my moments where I hate something, complain and bitch about it, but over all I'm looking forward to it. I still have a lot of concerns and dislikes plus I'm not letting myself get hyped because that can only lead to greater disappointment, at least most of the time. There's things I'll be at least in some way defending, such as the Mustang complaints that are bound to be resurrected in the near future by one (or two or so if they stick around in their topic) post wonders. I might even try to be cordial.... Or maybe not. :twisted:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 am

I'm pretty positive too. I still don't get the sense this is going to be a very original or well-written show, but at least it looks like it's finally going to be fun and exciting to LOOK at-- which is more than you can say for the lame movie. lol

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:03 am

I was around 90% positive after reading GST's comments and the news that they were not going to use the "attack" KITT from the pilot movie.

But after the unveil of the new "attack" KITT and interior shots, I dropped down to around 70% positive. They can't quite get it right. I don't understand why they didn't get a better designer. Then there's the mystery of using transformation instead of the nano-morphing - hopefully this will at least be explained in the show. On the positive side, I think they have a great cast (the selection was top notch, in my opinion) and I'm somewhat optimistic that they can pull off some good stories for the show. I also thought that the NBC teaser showed that it may be a fun and entertaining show, which is extremely important.

Bring on the new Knight Rider in high definition and please release the series on blu-ray!!! (in case it turns out to be a good series!) :D
One man did make a difference.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:14 am

When I first saw the pilot,I wasn't so positive.But after I've seen a lot of the changes during the Comic-Con events,I'm about 90% positive now,and I feel that it's going to be a great show! :mrgreen: Although I don't think it will become the next "Shakespere of Television",but I'm not really expecting amazing writing and acting(although somthing decent will be needed).I haven't seen the original KR series(I wasn't born around your times),so the closest I've ever seen was TKR.So it explains why I'm not expecting much.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 am

After seeing that preview, I have to admit, this show look really really well made. From the fighting scenes with Justin, the romance with Deanna, to the new attack KITT zooming down the road, then the transforming sequences, KITTcave...etc I could go on and on, but I am truly excited for the show and 100% positive! :good:
:kitt: :karr:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 am

As already mentioned, after seeing Attack KITT (how corny it is!), the preview which had some cheap LOOKING special effects I am not that optimistic now.

I do, however, like the different story arcs that they are going to introduce and it seems this series is going to be more plot driven than the old series.

I would have preferred "Mission of the Week" kind of episodes instead of a main story that will carry on throughout the series but the story they do have sounds interesting enough.

The problem I see is that the general public remember KR as this cheesy 80's show and to have an ongoing, serious story regarding the old series might make people laugh.

I have to bring up Attack KITT again, there was nothing wrong with the way the car was in the Pilot so IMO, they should have just kept it the way it was.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am

89IROCNDoug wrote:Then there's the mystery of using transformation instead of the nano-morphing - hopefully this will at least be explained in the show.
Well, I think it's safe to assume that there was no other real practical way to get K.I.T.T. to morph into a Ford F-150 if they simply stuck with the nano-morphing technique. After all, some members here were complaining about the mass issue when the double spoiler seemingly appeared out of thin air in the backdoor pilot. So how are they going to make an entire truck appear without complaints? Perhaps Gary Scott Thompson was aware of the issue also and realized it wouldn't quite work with the morphings he had in mind for the series. (And, of course, it's an opportunity to get more of Ford's vehicles in the show.) If anything, I think K.I.T.T. will have both the nanobots as well as the mechanical Transformer-like abilities. At least the mechanical morphing helps explain the Lamborghini doors.

As for the series itself, overall I'm positive. I'm also one of those that didn't dislike the backdoor pilot even with its flaws and creative decisions. But the film did look a lot more exciting and encouraging from its previews than what the final product turned out to be. Although that could be the same situation with the series, I am not worried about it and still optimistic.

No, I am not happy with the hot rod look for K.I.T.T. and it will take getting used to, and I do have other little nitpicks about logos and such, but they are really unimportant in the overall picture. I think the toughest part will be to get over the initial changes and new tone of the series in the first few episodes. If we can get over that, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming storylines and developments and think there's great potential for a lot of cool things to happen. I am not going to put off looking forward to the show for fear of being disappointed because that's no way to live life. Disappointment can happen either way; might as well have the enjoyment of anticipation and hopefully have it be worthwhile.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 pm

All I can say about it all is...

BRING IT ON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:spmgo:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:37 pm

trissybabes wrote:All I can say about it all is...

BRING IT ON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:spmgo:
I couldn't agree with you more! :good: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt: :kitt:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:46 am

I cant wait. Im not a big fan of the new attack car as it looks now, but we wont know how it looks as a final product until it shows in September. KITT(2000) went through several changes in the first season. His voice was very monitone and basic. It became more alive as the season continued, and of course there was going from the single red box to the LED voice box we all know. Im sure KITT(3000) will have changes as the season gets under way. AND first and formost it KNIGHT RIDER. :kitt:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:57 am

dag268 wrote:I cant wait. Im not a big fan of the new attack car as it looks now, but we wont know how it looks as a final product until it shows in September. KITT(2000) went through several changes in the first season. His voice was very monitone and basic. It became more alive as the season continued, and of course there was going from the single red box to the LED voice box we all know. Im sure KITT(3000) will have changes as the season gets under way. AND first and formost it KNIGHT RIDER. :kitt:
That's a good point dag. I'm quite sure we will see KITT evolve as the series progresses.

:kitt: :karr: