Questions for those who went to the con

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ShadowKnight006
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Questions for those who went to the con

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:13 pm

I was reading this artice http://screenrant.com/comiccon-08-nbc-k ... simm-3075/

How much of this article is accurate? Is Justin's character no longer Michael Knight's son, that would make no sense.
Input from anyone who can validate or disprove this article would be appreciated. Thank you.

:karr:
Looking for TKR!

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Re: Questions for those who went to the con

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:43 pm

i would worry about that article as they seem to have they're facts a little confused since we have seen in the comic con footage that Justin still plays Mike Traceur (Son of you know who) but events in his life (which will at least be made reference to) in episode one justifying the need for assuming a new identity, that of Michael Knight.

They also state that the new series has nothing to do with the pilot but from what i understand it is based on it but some events may needed to be conviently forgotten about for continuity
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Oh yeah, that’s totally wrong!!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Mike Traceur has to change his name because something or someone apparently will come out of his past to haunt him.

A questioner remarked, “David had walked off scene in the pilot saying I really hope so, and to me that sounded like please give me a job.” The crowd laughed and GST said, “don’t scoff at the Hoff.”
GST then went on to say that he and David had breakfast together to discuss David’s involvement. David is very busy but they decided that if David will be involved it would be to come back for a part that is very story driven and substantial, something that would extend the mythology.
Last edited by Sue on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Sue wrote:Oh yeah, that’s totally wrong!!
Mike Traceur has to change his name because something or someone apparently will come out of his past to haunt him.

A questioner remarked, “David had walked off scene in the pilot saying I really hope so, and to me that sounded like please give me a job.” The crowd laughed and GST said, “don’t scoff at the Hoff.”
GST then went on to say that they had breakfast together to discuss David’s involvement. David is very busy but they decided that if David will be involved it would be to come back for a part that is very story driven and substantial, something that would extend the mythology.
which is 'slap me to prove i'm not dreaming' fantastic :good:
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:15 am

Yeah, thankfully that stuff is wrong.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:04 am

Here you go, I uploaded that clip for you. (As a correction it looks like it was the moderator and not GST that said don’t scoff at the Hoff.)

Question about David high res

Question about David low res
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:52 am

ok they talked about david comin probably coming back but what about William Daniels and the Original KITT Trans Am?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Didn't in the interviews somewhere (either panel or otherwise) GST say they were "in talks" about both the original and the new KITT appearing in the new KR at once? I'd imagine since Mr. Daniels is still doing voice overs (such as the Mio) that he would be doing the original KITT if that were ever to happen.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:12 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Didn't in the interviews somewhere (either panel or otherwise) GST say they were "in talks" about both the original and the new KITT appearing in the new KR at once?
Two separate things. He said in theory he could see KI2T and KI3T on screen at the same time, but he hadn't written anything like that yet. He said he'd be interested in reaching out to the original cast, but nothing has happened (we know about dh and mulhare, but he mentioned having trouble finding the others)

Brusimm
Stranger

Post by Brusimm » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 am

Hey everyone, this is Bruce from ScreenRant.com...

I wrote the post you guys are asking / talking about and I'd like to explain where that statement I made came from.

Where I said "Bruening is not playing David Hasselfhoff’s son, he’s playing the actual character from the original series." in my post, I had put together a few things that was said that had me come to this conclusion. From what I can tell, maybe I'm jumping the gun and should have left the concluding out of the post and just reported the statements they made in the panel.

-We saw a preview clip where Bruening introduces himself as Michael Knight. That's what got me going.

-Thompson made a statement about "blowing up the mythology and making a new mythology",

-Again, it was said "Michael knight is back, as you'll see in the first episode."

-In part 6 of the 6 videos, (after the 7 minute mark) Thompson makes the following statement:

"in the preview we just saw Justin say I'm Michael Knight, in the 2 hour his name was Michael Traceur and obviously we're doing something to take us back to the roots, the origins of this show. This is something we wanted to do since it's 25 years later."

So that's where I was coming from.

I've listened to the panel again as this post got me to thinking and I'm going back to my post on ScreenRant and just put the statements in there and leave the guessing to everyone else.

Cool forum here guys... I'm glad you pointed this out.

Take care.

Since I have the links available, here's the entire panel on YouTube, all 6 parts for you.
(Hopefully it's OK that I put these here and I'm not getting in MORE trouble!)

Pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dk34R ... zAFFA&ct=b,

Pt 2, http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DF5OO ... aeThg&ct=b

Pt 3, http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1F78 ... fgfyA&ct=b

Pt 4, http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DQM2B ... 0HLYg&ct=b

Pt 5, http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D5FJi ... FhhDA&ct=b

Pt 6, http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DaoIz ... gF8rg&ct=b

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 am

Hey Bruce, Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

I'm having trouble coming up with the clip, but that isn't what I took away at all. At the panel, Gary talks about the origin of Michael Knight (shot in the face, can't go back to his old life etc) - and it's that type of situation that we'll see Mike Tracer face. Not the being shot in the face obviously. I'm having trouble finding the clip, but we spoke to Gary about this, and he spoke about how something in Mike's past that he doesn't remember (think bourne identity) comes back to find him, and that puts the people around him in jeopardy, and the only way for those people he cares about to be safe, Mike tracer needs to cease to exist Also from our transcript of the panel:
The thing Gary liked about the original was how Michael Long was shot in the face and could not go back. They've created a mythology around the character of Mike that during the Iraq war in black ops, and what happens if that it follows him home. Does it put the car, the team and him at jeopardy and if it does, what happens to Mike Tracer? In the first episode we will find out this and see the rebirth of Michael Knight.
You can see Gary say as much in part 2 of 6 of the clips you posted at around 3m till 3:45

Also, NBC does have an official feed of the Panel here: http://www.nbc.com/Comic-Con/video/clip ... er/279595/ (incase those links above don't work)

knight_neural_centre
Volunteer

Post by knight_neural_centre » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 am

I had always assumed when I saw the clip that after his encounter with his father, and looking into his past to see exactly why he couldn't stay with his family, that Mike had begun to feel proud of his heritage, of the "one man can make a difference" line in the pilot, and had taken on his father's name to carry on his work into the present day. Finding out now that it is actually for a different reason sounds interesting, and maybe we'll get to see him begin to appreciate his heritage, and his father's work over the course of the season now when he takes on his name. Would be cool to see this instead of happening between the pilot and the series like I'd thought.
"Music hath the charm to soothe the savage breast."
Michael Knight.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 am

the way i see it, i'm sure they're still goin with the mythology of the pilot in that Mike Tracer is Michael Knight's son, and then they makin up new mythology too like the stuff about his military past comin back to haunt him and so he changes his name to that of his father, so basically, he's gonna become Michael Knight, Jr.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:34 am

"You didn't exist until 1982 and were 30 years ol... Wait a minute...."
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:11 pm

ok so i read in a thread on here, im not sure if it was this one or not but they said the new KITT will eventually turn evil or somethin like that and that that would be a good reason to bring Michael Knight, Sr. and KITT2000 back. well that got me thinkin, maybe he will turn evil in an episode or 2 or 3 or w/e like in the original where someone would take over his system and make him turn against Michael, and i can see where they are coming from on how that would be a great opportunity to bring back Michael Knight, Sr. and KITT2000. they could bring back them (with William Daniels doing the voice of course) and possibly Bonnie or April, preferably Bonnie and maybe she could fix KITT3000

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:46 pm

i'm not so sure kitt turns evil. if i remember correctly, they just said that
kitt evolves throughout the season and that at first he asks alot of questions, but then challenges the higher up authorities
. i don't think that doesn't necessarily means that he turns evil.
that may just mean that the government is evil and kitt and michael will have to stop them.
i only say that because they said that we may see the two kitt's together. i dont think the transam will be in it for an entire episode, but just like a brief cameo.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:55 pm

i was just thinkin, if they do bring bonnie or april back to fix kitt, they would have to work w/ sarah, charles, and the rest of the crew, cuz that would be more logical than just bonnie or april fixing the new KITT after someone took over his systems.

also, i think now that GST pretty much took over, the Trans Ams in the garage at the beginning of the new pilot pretty much don't exist, as for the old KITT i think Michael Knight, Sr. has him

Brusimm
Stranger

Post by Brusimm » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Thompson alluded to a dark KITT, like KARR in the panels when he was asked but nothing beyond that.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Yeah, for one as long as the new KITT's loyalties remain with Mike (not gonna call him Michael, since that just makes things more confusing) and Sarah then everyone else could just **** off. ;) One thing I thought I recall reading or hearing is that the characters going to be messing with KITT's programming through out the show or maybe that was just about the abilities or something. I kind of hope they don't have it where they have to constantly tweak the AI, especially if that also involves memory wipes in fears of KITT being more sentient as the original was. But there could always be that fear of KITT becoming their own Skynet. :lol:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Based on the various things that were said during the interviews I was able to listen to...
I think they are setting things up for KITT to turn darker (KARR like) gradually over the course of the season for perhaps the wrong reasons by human standards but the right reasons from a robotic point of view. It is a cliche and timeless approach when handling AI in a storyline from 2001: A Space Odyssey to I, Robot and HARDAC in Batman the Animated Series, or Skynet. I think the twist is going to be that KITT turns darker due to the various aggressive traits they keep instilling in him and that this time around it will be by a choice rather then some devious reprogramming which makes it all the more difficult to bring him back from the "Dark Knight" side. Keep in mind that the K3000 AI is infantile and is learning from everything that happens around it, heroism as well as villainy. This is the danger of giving a computer human like qualities.
=VK=
:dash:

Brusimm
Stranger

Post by Brusimm » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey gang, we fixed the youtube links in my first post so they now work. Thanks NEPS. -Bruce

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Bruce that’s funny because those clips were put on youtube by our very own weeezl!! You can’t escape us KRO members we are everywhere. :shock: But watch my videos too :cry: because I lost a whole nights sleep trying to get them up and there’s some extra stuff in them that’s not on the official NBC ones.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SHADOYFLIGHT

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:07 am

You should check out Sues channel, theres some great videos on there and shes right wherever theres some Knight Rider theres a KRO member not far behind!

Also I heard on the grapevine NBC has persuaded William Daniels to return to the franchise, opening up possibilitys of K2000 returning. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 am

weeezl wrote:Also I heard on the grapevine NBC has persuaded William Daniels to return to the franchise, opening up possibilitys of K2000 returning. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I've heard nothing about it mate, but of course, that doesn't mean it couldn't be true. :lol:

Assuming for a moment that it's true, one would have to imagine that a David Hasselhoff appearance would also be in the cards, since it would only really make sense for Michael and KITT to return together this time around.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:31 am

weeezl wrote:Also I heard on the grapevine NBC has persuaded William Daniels to return to the franchise, opening up possibilitys of K2000 returning. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
K.R.O. is the grapevine! Where'd you hear this?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: