the Mustang Kitt should of been

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

eighthgear
Stranger

the Mustang Kitt should of been

Post by eighthgear » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Look at this, the Giugiaro Mustang concept made by Ford and designed by the famous Italian car designer Giugiaro:

jimknight
Rookie

Re: the Mustang Kitt should of been

Post by jimknight » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:22 pm

wow from the front im really liking it but really not keen on the rear end, prefer the production mustangs back end

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Problem is that it's a concept car, not something that you can get off an assembly line and thus making it a lot trickier to repair. It does look nice though.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:47 pm

There's already been many threads and Photoshops of this car during the "K.I.T.T. should have been a..." frenzy back when it was first confirmed the new K.I.T.T. was going to be a Mustang. I believe the next generation Mustang is supposedly going to be inspired by this concept. Good thing the new K.I.T.T. shapeshifts for the sake of potentially bypassing the obsolescence issue. I do really like the car and even the color.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah, I remember those topics.... So many... Topics....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm

I was away in Minnesota on training back in March and stopped at the Minneapolis Auto Show one night, where I caught this beautiful Saleen Mustang that I thought would have made a great "normal" K.I.T.T. (with different rims, of course). I didn't think I was going to go there before the trip, so all I ended up having was my cell phone camera:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 pm

Nah, I don’t like either. Normal KITT is just perfect. I like the shape of his front better, I like the shape of his back better, and I love his stripes. That first one looks like a camaro to me. And the second, definitely don’t like his butt. The one and only thing I’d change on normal KITT would be to tint his tail lights. Other than that, not a thing.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:59 am

I hate to say it but you're right...it does look like a Camaro. :shock:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:56 am

Sue wrote:Nah, I don’t like either. Normal KITT is just perfect. I like the shape of his front better, I like the shape of his back better, and I love his stripes. That first one looks like a camaro to me. And the second, definitely don’t like his butt. The one and only thing I’d change on normal KITT would be to tint his tail lights. Other than that, not a thing.
I meant to either wait until the series actually premiered (so I'd know for certain), or dig up the post where I was speculating on the Shelby lettering to bring up the fact that you were right about the lettering being removed and even the "blood pumping" scanner returning. But from the unveiling, I must say I am actually pleased the Shelby lettering is gone and the scanner look from the Pilot was retained. I'm very glad to be wrong!

Yes, the first car most certainly looks like it is built off the same chassis as the 2010 Camaro (I might have even mentioned this last year when I first saw it). As for the one I showed, well we'll have to agree to disagree. I love the longer, sleeker look (but to be fair this was also at a time where I was having difficulty accepting this new K.I.T.T.'s flaring "nostrils"). I also feel that seeing these cars being unveiled in person and hearing explanations can—and sometimes do—contrive and change initial opinions. Hell, I hated the fact that the new K.I.T.T. was going to be a Mustang, but I was left with no choice but to either accept it or simply ignore this new Knight Rider altogether. Same thing goes for design choices, such as the stripes. The same exact scenario is recurring currently in order to hammer into the original fans' minds that this new hot rod Attack K.I.T.T. is necessary and acceptable. And if you don't accept it, you are a bitter, narrow-minded fan who can't accept change or be optimistic. This is not an accusation, but to me appears to be the unspoken attitude going on.

Frankly (and I say this with all due respect to you, Neil, Michael and I would say Victor, too, but he appears to acknowledge dislikes about the car and production, yet still be supportive of it overall ), I am truly under the impression that opinions can be altered when experiencing things in person as opposed to judging from photographs. This is not to say that you or anyone else who supports the new K.I.T.T. have been convinced to do so because of Gary Scott Thompson's speeches, etc.

(There was going to be a lot more to this, but it's late and I need to get some sleep.)

KRisBack
Recruit

Post by KRisBack » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 am

Lost Knight wrote:And if you don't accept it, you are a bitter, narrow-minded fan who can't accept change or be optimistic. This is not an accusation, but to me appears to be the unspoken attitude going on.
Yes I have been feeling bitter about the show lately. When the pilot came out I was upset about the mustang and everything else. Now with the un-veiling of attack KITT I'm all up in arms!

(beathes: Woooosssaaaaa)

Ok. I'll watch the show with an open mind. I'll even stop wishing that it fails. If by the second season they don't improve I will go back to being bitter. :shock:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 pm

Believe me lost knight it may appear that there are two totally different camps on this issue, but in reality we all agree with each other. It is sometimes hard to gauge a person’s true feelings based on one post or another, but when you sit down with them in person you will most likely find they are thinking the exact same thing you are. I can promise you that none of us have been brainwashed. If you don’t believe me send a pm to anyone of us and ask “don’t you just hate…..” And our answer will probably be “yes but…” There are certain things about attack KITT that I am rather heart broken over. Mainly the VM. But at this point in time I think that it is too late to make changes, much of the show has already been shot. I don’t want to let these disappointments I have ruin the whole show for me. I continually try to take a step back and look at the show as a whole when I am judging it. TOS I’m sure had its problems too and yet we loved it. And as I have said before I never liked the look of SPM but that didn’t keep me from watching the show.
I posted this clip specifically for you guys so you could get a sense of the excitement we felt at the Con.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1L6wp7LmMA0
It wasn’t GST that convinced us, but rather our inner child. I mean come on! How cool was that! KITT live and in person!! Not to mention the lovely Deanna and the ever so cute, Justin!! I think you would still be buzzing from it too if you went.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.