Attack Mode KITT - The Live Unveiling

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Attack Mode KITT - The Live Unveiling

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:01 pm

weeezl wrote:
Sue wrote:Yes, But…. :wink:

Beggars can't be choosers. :wink:
Sue your very right but Its always the major fans of TOS who say the worst. Some cant handle changes as well as others and make there opinions very vocal. I am guilty of such crimes but at the same time its light hearted, we ALL really want this show to be successful so we have a new KR legacy to talk about and have a forum just like this in 25+ years time for the new generation.

Matt.
Again, LOL I agree... what the heck is wrong with me... I started agreeing with people!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:21 pm

The only thing nice about those pics are Deanna, that girl is insanely beautiful! Too bad they ruined the show for me! I still cant get over this! So disappointing!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Sorry I couldnt resist, just having some fun here :D

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:30 pm

weeezl wrote:Image

Sorry I couldnt resist, just having some fun here :D
:lol: LOL!Yeah,KI3T really does look like a ricer.*gets a lot of FatF influence chucked in the face*
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:49 pm

AzBat360 wrote:
knightofthephoenix wrote:
AzBat360 wrote:What a bunch of whiners. Personally, I love the new KITT and all the new ideas they shared. I can't wait to see what they have in store. Mr. Thompson, keep your head high, it looks like you have done your best to appeal to both the fans and critics while also help pull a bigger audience that may not otherwise watch it. I'm sure it wasn't very easy. I'm sure once people finally get to see it that they will like what they see. So keep up the good work! We'll see you in September! I can't wait! :D

AzBat360
Whiners? :roll:
Yes, I've never heard so many people complain about not getting exactly what they want. First, you wanted a Knight Rider show, then once you got it you complained about every little detail and the show hasn't even been aired! It's a surprise that NBC even considered bringing back the show in the first place with how ungrateful some of their fans are. If you don't like it then go watch the old show on DVD and let us people who are genuinely excited about the show watch it in peace.

AzBat360
I don't think people on this site are complaining "about not getting exactly what they want" I think many of them are very passionate about Knight Rider and really want to this new series to succeed. Calling them all whiners and saying they’re ungrateful shows you have as much of an idea about them as some involved in this new series apparently do.

As someone else here put it, this is Knight Rider, not Shakespeare. But at least have some respect or an idea on what the original show was about. Otherwise it's not going to work. Knight Rider 2000 and TKR are examples of this.

I also think most of the original fanbase also understands that the new series is going to have to target more than just them to be successful. I would bet you that's another reason emotions are running so high - it's important this new KR gets it right.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm sure many people are aware I'm one of the "whiners" by now regarding Attack KITT but I'm still prepared to give it a chance. Lighting, camera angles and editing can make a big difference.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:09 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:I don't think people on this site are complaining "about not getting exactly what they want" I think many of them are very passionate about Knight Rider and really want to this new series to succeed. Calling them all whiners and saying they’re ungrateful shows you have as much of an idea about them as some involved in this new series apparently do.

As someone else here put it, this is Knight Rider, not Shakespeare. But at least have some respect or an idea on what the original show was about. Otherwise it's not going to work. Knight Rider 2000 and TKR are examples of this.

I also think most of the original fanbase also understands that the new series is going to have to target more than just them to be successful. I would bet you that's another reason emotions are running so high - it's important this new KR gets it right.
Indeed,

We've witnessed two full blown failures that gravely disrespected the four years worth of source material that the original series blessed us with, and an abomination that erroneously carried the name, and we're fast running out of chances for a successful follow up to not only be possible in the eyes of the networks, but also be essential to the future survival of the overwhelmingly positive message that this show beams into our living rooms.

If this attempted revival is successful, we could witness a precedent that would allow there to be a new Knight Rider for each generation. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Well I actually like the new attack mode and I think it will look awesome when we see this thing in action.

It kinda reminded my of the old SPM when I saw it.. except this is better!
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:20 am

Here’s the question and answer session after the attack reveal.
I ask the question about the doors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqT1npw1bQ4
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:21 am

knightofthephoenix wrote:I don't think people on this site are complaining "about not getting exactly what they want" I think many of them are very passionate about Knight Rider and really want to this new series to succeed. Calling them all whiners and saying they’re ungrateful shows you have as much of an idea about them as some involved in this new series apparently do.

What makes you think you know more about what's needed to make the show a success? You're in love with a show that which was successful over 20 years ago. Things have changed since then. Audiences are more sophisticated and picky now. They have more options available to them: Internet, Cable, Satellite, Gaming, Movies etc. And if last year's writers' strike wasn't a wake up call for the networks, then I don't know what is. I'm sure they are very aware of what's needed to keep the show a success. Yes, I get that you love the original show and want the new show to succeed, but you're basically wanting to relive the old series, not see it evolve into something bigger and better.

The circumstances around this new show reminds me a lot about Star Trek: The Next Generation when it first aired back in 86. I remember being there in front of the TV waiting to watch "Encounter at Farpoint", the very first episode. A lot of Trekkies at the time hated it(and some probably still do)! But not me. I loved it! However, nobody can deny that the revolutionary changes they made was for the best. In my eyes that series has been even more successful than the first one. If the original Trekkies had their way, the TNG would probably never happened. We would have probably got more TOS movies instead.

I know a lot of you guys are not happy with the looks of the new KITT and I'm sure a lot of Trekkies weren't big fans of the NCC-1701D either, but I believe that you need to be a little more understanding and supportive, at least till you have seen the show. There's not much we can do about making the show a success or failure now. It's basically in the hands of the general TV audience come this fall. If they don't like it, then the show will die after 13 episodes.

With all that said, maybe just maybe the new Knight Rider will be a success just like TNG was. We're not going to know until the show airs. So how about waiting till then before you try to destroy it?

AzBat360

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:34 am

I like the new look of the Attack KITT, but those pipes in the hood should go... at least it should be painted black, and those rims should be at least black or changed, besides, the front and rear tires and rims should be the same size. And the spoiler is too big. And those neons should go as well, i kinda like them, but with them the car looks not so elegant and sleek, as i wish it should. If this would be fixed, the new Attack KITT really should look very cool, i mean really very cool! I like the lines of the car, but the car is ruined with those pipes, rims, spoiler and neons. The back of the car looks awesome, i like the tail lights!

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am

It make you wonder if GST are plan to create a new mode(s) in the later episodes such as Defend Mode or Espionage Mode (or Stealth mode if you like the name better) etc.

Okay, can anyone confirm that the KITT in the pilot movie is built by Charles himself without any helps from Knight Research or other Division from KI correct???

So i think during the period between the end of pilot movie and start of new episode 1 of Knight Rider, they set up the Knight Research and recruits people (smartass and geniuses ) to work with Sarah and Charles to improve, tweaks KITT a lot which result new "Attack Mode MKII" and still develop new ideas/upgrades for KITT in later episode/shows like TOS.

That is why they have team full of technicians and Inventors in the "KITT Cave" continue update/make tweaks on KITT.

Do anyone got a video of KITT switch the hero mode to Attack mode.

Someone might know this, in batman begin and Dark Knight, Batmobile Tumbler can reach 200mph despite its look and weight ( 2 tonnes) and yet it is really fast and handle like a supercar and smash through cars or wall like a tank! :O Most people say that Tumbler do not look like a bat but they was wrong, tumbler was base on bat's body and the sides of tumbler is bat's wing while it is on the ground.

So i hopes Attack mode's 90 degree spoiler will help it cornering fast and reach closer 200mph or more. No one ask the guys who helps design and build the attack mode about the update specifications? or how much horsepowers it creates ...?

You will never know that you might love the new attack mode unless you saw it on tv and it's purposes...

Manys Thanks and Great jobs to everyone who went to San Diego who obtains information/pics of the KITT and casts.

Drift King

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 pm

AzBat360 wrote:What makes you think you know more about what's needed to make the show a success? You're in love with a show that which was successful over 20 years ago. Things have changed since then. Audiences are more sophisticated and picky now. They have more options available to them: Internet, Cable, Satellite, Gaming, Movies etc. And if last year's writers' strike wasn't a wake up call for the networks, then I don't know what is. I'm sure they are very aware of what's needed to keep the show a success. Yes, I get that you love the original show and want the new show to succeed, but you're basically wanting to relive the old series, not see it evolve into something bigger and better.

The circumstances around this new show reminds me a lot about Star Trek: The Next Generation when it first aired back in 86. I remember being there in front of the TV waiting to watch "Encounter at Farpoint", the very first episode. A lot of Trekkies at the time hated it(and some probably still do)! But not me. I loved it! However, nobody can deny that the revolutionary changes they made was for the best. In my eyes that series has been even more successful than the first one. If the original Trekkies had their way, the TNG would probably never happened. We would have probably got more TOS movies instead.

I know a lot of you guys are not happy with the looks of the new KITT and I'm sure a lot of Trekkies weren't big fans of the NCC-1701D either, but I believe that you need to be a little more understanding and supportive, at least till you have seen the show. There's not much we can do about making the show a success or failure now. It's basically in the hands of the general TV audience come this fall. If they don't like it, then the show will die after 13 episodes.

With all that said, maybe just maybe the new Knight Rider will be a success just like TNG was. We're not going to know until the show airs. So how about waiting till then before you try to destroy it?

AzBat360
I never said I personally knew more about what will make the show a success and I'm certainly not trying to "destroy" anything. I don't think anyone on this site is.

Who are you to imply that the fans of the original show don't understand what makes a show successful today? Or assume that they just want to "relive the old series, not see it evolve into something bigger and better"?

If you had actually taken the time to read through some of the posts on this board you'd learn that most of the complaints have to do with the car, plotholes created between the backdoor pilot and original story/timeline (Two basic things that anyone who reviewed the 4 years worth of material out there would know about) and of course the unforgivable amount of blatant Ford advertising.

As far as your comparison to when Star Trek: TNG came out, I'm not a Trekkie so I don't know if they altered timelines and characters from the original series. But if you want to make the argument that KR fans are out of touch and therefore shouldn’t voice opinions because we’re ungrateful whiners, go right ahead.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Let’s not start an argument guys, you’re both right. AzBat360, sometimes we fans who have been around the board a while forget to take the time to list things that we do like about the show. But it can be pretty much assumed that we are all huge fans, that’s why we are here chatting about it. But perhaps we should remember our manners to the people who worked hard to make the show and take some time to complement them on a job well done.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:36 pm

I feel like I'm in the very minority here but I just LOVE the new look! I've always loved the new KITT. This is just getting even better. Of course I mentioned I don't like that big spoiler but looking at different angles, it might not be too bad.

I have seen many photos of cars and they are NOTHING compared to what you see up close. I have hated a certain style but when seen in person it's MUCH better than the pictures! I used to hate (and make fun of) "bubble cars" - cars that are so rounded, they are practically bubbles. But in real life, some are quite nice. My car is *very* rounded, almost a sedan version of a VW bug, when you think about it. Very cute though. :) I love the style.

So I've learned through the years not to judge a car by it's photo. It's what you see up close in 3D that can look much better than what you can see in 2D. And the same goes for seeing a car in 'action'. Just setting there doesn't show the car's overall 'character' as it does when it's on the road and actually moving.

I love the new KITT and can't wait to see the show. I'm in it to be entertained. If I want nastalgia or the old KITT, I have 4 DVDs worth to look at anytime I like, and 3 model car kits I have yet to finish. :)

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:55 pm

For me, hearing GST's explanation of the thinking behind the Attack Mode KI3T makes a lot more sense than I thought it would - the main problem I have with it, are those wheels - they just aren't right for a 'futuristic' car and make it look like it's straight out of the 1940's.

The other problem with the design as a whole, is, if it's built and intended purely for straightline speed, why does it have nose like a breezeblock?

Not exactly aerodynamics at their most efficient...

On the whole though it's growing on me and I've come around from the first shots of it on set and that huge initial sinking feeling in my heart.

I guess we'll need to see it in context more to 'get' what the producers are thinking of with it...

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:02 pm

so, 2 days after the reveal of Attack KITT it definately has grown on me.
i still think they should loose the pipes on the hood and that the all four rims should be the same... actually i like those on the front wheels.
apart from that the new Attack KITT is fine.
i absolutely love the custom hood and the rear/ taillights! also love the fact, that it is all black (no racing stripes and no emblems).
the spoiler is too high, but since GST said it would change height depending on speed i can imagine that KITT would look sleeker and better with the spoiler lowered... so i'll wait to judge that part.

also i will definately watch the show... i'll support it in any possible way , even if the Attack KITT could be further improved imho. but KITT won't be in Attack Mode all the time, we have at least the "hero" mode and a Pursiut KITT... and propably many more as the series moves forward.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm

trissybabes wrote: The other problem with the design as a whole, is, if it's built and intended purely for straightline speed, why does it have nose like a breezeblock?

Not exactly aerodynamics at their most efficient...
From what i understand Turboboost (at least to begin with) will only work/be used when in Attack KI3T (I'm pretty sure GST said so in video introducing the new mode to KRO). So since the car is supposed to jump, i guess we will also have it jump through things not just over them (Like KITT did to a trailer of a truck in the TOS pilot) therfore a nose like a breezeblock would surely be useful.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Niggle Snoosh wrote:From what i understand Turboboost (at least to begin with) will only work/be used when in Attack KI3T (I'm pretty sure GST said so in video introducing the new mode to KRO). So since the car is supposed to jump, i guess we will also have it jump through things not just over them (Like KITT did to a trailer of a truck in the TOS pilot) therfore a nose like a breezeblock would surely be useful.
I think what GST said was that currently only have jumped in Attack Mode, but sees no reason that it wont be able to jump in other modes.

knightview
Stranger

Post by knightview » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 am

Slightly off topic guys but my wife pointed out noelle valdivia, apparently fashion writer/party girl talking to somebody at comicon about how much she loves working on Knight Rider and how amazing it's going to be. She had an nbc badge and when she saw me starign at her looked freaked out! Are they hiring women for that demographic pov? My wife thinks she may just be in wardrobe. Any info?
:dash:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 am

neps wrote:
Niggle Snoosh wrote:From what i understand Turboboost (at least to begin with) will only work/be used when in Attack KI3T (I'm pretty sure GST said so in video introducing the new mode to KRO). So since the car is supposed to jump, i guess we will also have it jump through things not just over them (Like KITT did to a trailer of a truck in the TOS pilot) therfore a nose like a breezeblock would surely be useful.
I think what GST said was that currently only have jumped in Attack Mode, but sees no reason that it wont be able to jump in other modes.
Also interesting to note that the front of the Attack KI3T was jacked up off the ground in those "snatched" shots of it on set - but was slammed to the deck for the unveiling...

Would it have been jacked up for ramp work?

I still think that a SPM/high speed KI3T would need to be sleeker at the front though and from what I gathered from the GST video interviews, this is KI3T "going into battle", not necessarily covering terrain at super speeds.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:47 am

i dunno if this has been mentioned or not cuz i didnt read every post on this thread but i was just looking a those pics of the rear of the car and i saw some gray/silver areas, it looked a lot like SPM on the original KITT

KRisBack
Recruit

Post by KRisBack » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 pm

SPM was a gimmick used to get viewers back when the show was starting to whine down. It looked cool back then because of the transformation. The way I see it, the magic/appeal of KITT is that it was a regular cool looking car that did extraordinary stuff. The best part of the original show was the jumps. This is not going to happen for the new show. Next they plan to use a drag racer version of KITT as the attack version. Could things get any worse?
Yes. We have no watch to communicate with KITT. I have to admit that the mustang did grow on me and I came to accept it but this version just suxs.

I'll watch every episode of the new show because like any other train wreck you just can't help but to look. While the kid inside of me is excited I don't want this cr*p version of Knight Rider to succeed so I'll watch it hoping that it burns out faster than Bionic woman. Too bad they got rid of JourneyMan and they wasted their money on this cr*p.

By the way Star Trek Then next generation improved the orignal in every way. This new KR not so much.

Lameth1
Recruit

Post by Lameth1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 pm

trissybabes wrote:
neps wrote:
Also interesting to note that the front of the Attack KI3T was jacked up off the ground in those "snatched" shots of it on set - but was slammed to the deck for the unveiling...

Would it have been jacked up for ramp work?

I still think that a SPM/high speed KI3T would need to be sleeker at the front though and from what I gathered from the GST video interviews, this is KI3T "going into battle", not necessarily covering terrain at super speeds.
Airbags/Coilovers knowing GST. And could someone buy GST a set of Viper rear tires to show him you dont need slicks to have lots of tread?