Comic Con Updates

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Comic Con Updates

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Turbo Boost:

With less than 10 minutes remaining in the panel discussion, our very own Neil asked the question that was on everyone's mind: What's the deal with turbo boost? (He was more eloquent than that.) In the past, the crew has kind of evaded the question or spoke cryptically about it. But Gary Scott Thompson confirmed that yes, the new KITT would in fact Turbo Boost, and by "turbo boost" he means yes, the car will jump. In fact, Gary said we're all going to be sick of seeing the car jump.

Transformation:

They showed the same 2-minute teaser clip that was posted yesterday at the beginning of the session. There was HUGE applause when they played the transformation sequence. Later, Gary asked again "did you like the transformation?" and again, lots of applause. So that seemed to go over very well.

More to come.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Comic Con Updates

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Turbo Boost=JUMPING
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 pm

General comment about the panel...

They were having some bad luck. There was a huge accident on the freeway this morning and most of the panel got caught in the middle of the traffic jam. When the discussion started, it was only Gary Scott Thompson (Exec producer) and Paul Campbell (tech geek "Billy"). They vamped a lot, with Gary physically moving around to different chairs and role-playing the different actors a bit. He also put Justin and Deanna on speaker phone for a bit, who were getting lost on their way to the convention center. Gary was very funny in a difficult situation.

And Paul Campbell is a riot. Very funny, sharp wit, I hope he'll do some good interviews in the future.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:General comment about the panel...

They were having some bad luck. There was a huge accident on the freeway this morning and most of the panel got caught in the middle of the traffic jam. When the discussion started, it was only Gary Scott Thompson (Exec producer) and Paul Campbell (tech geek "Billy"). They vamped a lot, with Gary physically moving around to different chairs and role-playing the different actors a bit. He also put Justin and Deanna on speaker phone for a bit, who were getting lost on their way to the convention center. Gary was very funny in a difficult situation.
And Paul Campbell is a riot. Very funny, sharp wit, I hope he'll do some good interviews in the future.
I was stuck in the same mess as the actors were, fortunately I left at 4AM and not 5 when the actors did, so I was right near the front by the accident and fire. A tractor trailer overturned and caught on fire, it also burned the hillside and an SUV that was involved. The whole highway was shut down while they landed a helicopter to evacuate the wounded and put out the fire. I was a little nervous that I wouldn’t make it in time especially after VKs warnings about long lines. In about an hour we were moving again, since I was near the front I didn’t have long to wait to pass up the accident and get on my way to comic con in plenty of time, the actors were not so lucky and were trapped miles back in the mess. They all said they wish they were in KITT so they could turbo boost over the mess. :D
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:General comment about the panel...

Poor guy was probably freaking out and couldn't figure out what to do so just...did what was natural. Showed his funny side :D
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:04 am

Will they use the same sound effects for turbo boost?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:26 am

Aside from making it absolutely clear that KITT would jump, they were very secretive about how it would come across on screen. Gary Scott Thompson did say it would "work differently", whatever that means. Neil did specifically ask if the jumps would be real or CGI, but Gary (not surprisingly) wouldn't answer. We'll have to wait and see (and hear).

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:40 am

It could be real,but with the aid of CGI. :) That's just what I guess.Well,I guess I'll have to wait for the actual series to come out... :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:00 pm

why do i get a bad feeling this Turbo Boost/"Jumping" is going to end up being something dumb and/or stupid....... I mean they did say it would be different. I hope it isn't something cheap, like say, KITT has to Turbo Boost over a freight train, and so they hit the Turbo Boost button, and the car disappears and the re-appears on the other side of the train. Does anyone else get the feeling that could be what will happend when KITT "Jumps :? :? "?

Lameth1
Recruit

Post by Lameth1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:16 pm

or, his nanobots kind of split apart and melt through it? muwahahah..........

Just think of the huge wing tilting back and rockets boosting, like a drag car without wheelie bars... there is turbo boost.

*edit -
And where can the rest of us see this 2min clip? I hope they(nbc) decide to share it.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:42 pm

can KITT only Turbo Boost in Attack Mode, or can the pickup truck jump too?