Set Pictures! Possible "Super Pursuit Mode"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight316
Operative

Re: Set Pictures! Possible "Super Pursuit Mode"

Post by Knight316 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:51 pm

It could be nothing..but does it worry anbody else that the powers that be have asked to have the pictures removed? Why else would they do it if that wasn't the new Attack KITT that they're going to unveil this week and don't want the KR fans at the event spoiling it for people/spreading a bad word about the design of the car.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Knight316 wrote:It could be nothing..but does it worry anbody else that the powers that be have asked to have the pictures removed? Why else would they do it if that wasn't the new Attack KITT that they're going to unveil this week and don't want the KR fans at the event spoiling it for people/spreading a bad word about the design of the car.
Keep in mind that in addition to the reveal of the new Attack K.I.T.T. on July 25th, the first new footage of the series will be shown on July 24th, thus making any leaked pictures spoilers until the official previews are released. I wouldn't worry about it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14 pm

That sucks that the pictures had to come down! I hope nobody got in trouble. At least they are hidden til Friday! Obviously they wanna reveal the Car themselves... I guess we will see.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 pm

thank god i right clicked and saved the pictures. i'm really like the new attack kitt, especially after seeing the hot rod version of kitt. i must say, that really scared me, but this new attack kitt has more of the sleek look that the original kitt had. spoiler on the car will take some getting used to, but not as much as the hot rod kitt lol. i think its really just to keep it a secret till the end of the week. i wouldn't really worry about it. dont forget.......wait till you see his turbo boost.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:45 pm

neps wrote: To make up for it, got this in my mail box. I think they're just a custom car places marketing ploy, but more fuel for the fire perhaps?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/race4e/227 ... otostream/
Well lets see, this car show KITT has the right steering wheel… doesn’t look like it has the extra vents on the hood, its got those wacky doors… and yet Knight Rider is written in the old school font. (Or skool as you wacky Europeans like to type.) Humm… It’s appears to be constructed with a lot more care than that Santa Clarita version…
I also wonder if that Santa Clarita KITT was just a stand in and the real car will be put in with CG?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 pm

ok my mistake, after re reading which pictures were actually removed, i feel dumb lol. i was hoping the pictures with the lambo doors were the ones that were taken down. personally, that would make for a much better kitt. back to worrying because the kitt in the original post was pretty bad :( .

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:30 pm

I really hope we don't have a "KITT Rod" and it's just for that episode, we'll find out in a few days. I wonder if I should start gathering torches and pitch forks now...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 am

...the mobs gathered.....

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:42 am

I don't mean to change the subject, but a behind-the-scene set picture I'm most interested in seeing is one with a ramp being set up for a you-know-what type of trick that KITT must accomplish.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:55 pm

I don't know if anyone has stated it yet, but the second car at a show surely can't be official. The "KNIGHT RIDER" decal on the side used the classic KR font as opposed to the new one. :|

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:33 pm

neps wrote:In fairness - kittsite did put them up first, though I'm sure we probably got them from the same source.

I checked the forum before posting, but I didn't see the msg tucked in this thread. Sorry.

To make up for it, got this in my mail box. I think they're just a custom car places marketing ploy, but more fuel for the fire perhaps?

These pictures just dont look right to me, The spoiler looks like its been photoshopped in.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:29 pm

These pictures just dont look right to me, The spoiler looks like its been photoshopped in.[/quote]

I hadn't noticed it before but i believe Weeezl is right, the spoiler doesn't quite look like it belongs there, more than just a simple case of not being appropriate to making the car look cool.
Also when i looked at a larger version of the pic from the link i left in the quote you will notice that the Knight Rider text isn't quite right either as the R from Rider sits over the reflection of light when that shouldn't happen.

On a seperate note, although the powers that be wanting the pictures taken down could be taken as a bad sign indeed it occurred to me that it could be ok.
They are trying to make a grand event of unveiling the Attack KI3Tand even if that is not the attack KI3T, our negative feedback of those pics is ruining are anticipation of the true (hopefully different) Attack KI3T. With any luck its just a case of trying keep from adding fuel to the fire.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 pm

True. I guess we'll find out in just over a day now. One of you best be having an iPhone or something so the Attack KITT pictures can be up almost instantly. :lol: The anticipation is killling me.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:29 pm

I dont wanna start an argument here but those pics have been doctored for sure.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Sorry, guys, but I don't think that spoiler is Photoshopped at all. It just looks like it's made of plastic and its matte black appearance only makes it appear fake on top of shiny black metal. But I'm definitely not Photoshop-gifted, so who knows?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:19 pm

I dont like the sound of that, why remove the pictures only until the end of the week if they are only spoilers from an episode and not the BIG surprise we're all waiting for....?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 pm

No offense to anyone but that spoiler looks faker than Pamela Andersons air bags.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Sorry, guys, but I don't think that spoiler is Photoshopped at all. It just looks like it's made of plastic and its matte black appearance only makes it appear fake on top of shiny black metal. But I'm definitely not Photoshop-gifted, so who knows?
Im not photoshop gifted either but I cant understand why they would put a matt black spoiler on that shiney Mustang, the Knight Rider lettering seems a little off skew also, I dont want a disagreement but it just doesnt look real. I looked at the pics a few times and it doesnt seem to sit right. If Im wrong (and i may well be - im no expert) I have no problem apologising and I will publicly.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:56 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:I dont like the sound of that, why remove the pictures only until the end of the week if they are only spoilers from an episode and not the BIG surprise we're all waiting for....?
Yeah, the removal of those pictures definitely doesn't appear to be very promising on the face of it, but hopefully they'll pull a rabbit out of their hat, and pleasantly surprise us with what's unveiled on Friday.

Keep the faith folks. Image

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:17 pm

weeezl wrote:Im not photoshop gifted either but I cant understand why they would put a matt black spoiler on that shiney Mustang, the Knight Rider lettering seems a little off skew also, I dont want a disagreement but it just doesnt look real. I looked at the pics a few times and it doesnt seem to sit right. If Im wrong (and i may well be - im no expert) I have no problem apologising and I will publicly.
It's OK to disagree, it's just not that important of a detail to critique so much, I think. But on the same token, I can't imagine why anybody would want to take the time to Photoshop a spoiler in there, either! A scanner, sure, but a spoiler? It's not even an officially released K.I.T.T. picture. It was taken at a car show.

Also, the "Knight Rider" lettering could possibly be a decal, but I don't think that's Photoshopped, either. If it's crooked (which I don't think it is because it goes along the car's lines), it may have been applied crooked in real-life. It's also metallic gray and I don't think it's abnormal for the reflecting light to not shine off of it because it's a different shade than the black.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:45 am

ok, there are 2 different sets of pictures being talked about on this thread...

1 is a car snapped at a motor show with 'lambo style doors' which, to all intents and purposes is NOT the new attack Ki3t (why would they put the car at a motorshow before official reveal...??)

2 is the image that was removed of cars filmed on location

Unfortunately, the consensus around here seems to be that the car from the motor show is more desirable than the car possibly being used as the 'attack' Ki3t (although it was widely agreed that the back end was quite cool)

I would sooner just have the standard hero car drive faster (like the original before SPM) than the abomination that appears more like a cartoon version of an already controversial icon... Having said that, we still don't know if its just relating to episode 3 or not... (and there was a shot of the hero car and the 'other one' parked side by side at traffic lights as if about to race, which indicates more that they are to appear together on screen rather than being the same car in a different guise...)

Roll on tomorrow... (or to quote optimus prime/KARR.... "roll out....")

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:04 pm

All I'm going to say is so much for wishful thinking...

Lameth1
Recruit

Post by Lameth1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:48 pm

I agree on that. The "hotrod" mode just doesnt look good

smaller wheels - Bad
hood - come on thats a ripoff from that newer Taxi movie...
neons - ??? "No longer a shadowy flight with all the blue lights" Kachow!
bumpers - I do like those
dash - like it cept for the static glow ball...

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:13 pm

one thing we should certainly say at this point, well done to the contributor that got us the pictures in the first place, regardless of our opinion of the vehicle itself, the pictures were well scooped....

nicely done

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:22 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:one thing we should certainly say at this point, well done to the contributor that got us the pictures in the first place, regardless of our opinion of the vehicle itself, the pictures were well scooped....

nicely done
Thanks man! I'm glad I was able to contribute. BTW, the picture of the 2 Attack mode cars in one of my photos, I noticed they are slightly different. I think they are different for the purpose of stunt driving.