Another possible KITT

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Hardkore
Volunteer

Another possible KITT

Post by Hardkore » Sun May 18, 2008 2:25 am

High-res.... http://www.cars-photos.com/car-photos/A ... 24x768.jpg

While I am in agreement with most where KITT should be an American car,lets be real.There is not much nowadays on the American market that is feasible to use as KITT.

Anyway,I came across this and had to research it some more. To me,it just screams KITT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH-p_fDw6o0

http://www.pjlighthouse.com/2007/03/23/ ... r-concept/

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/conc ... r-concept/

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Another possible KITT

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 am

This car has been brought up before in one of the dozens of "KITT should be this car" topics. It does look cool though, though it might just be the headlights...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Sun May 18, 2008 3:03 pm

I don't get around here much but come by occasionally to see if there is any new news. I looked thru some threads but didn't see much especially since this section is only one page.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread topic at the top for discussion whenever someone find or wants to discus another car to be used as KITT.

Greely Winger
Stranger

Post by Greely Winger » Tue May 20, 2008 7:34 pm

Kitt should be low key.
As Glen once said, it was dormant and then it came to life.
Or words to that effect.
I think most of the cars on these "KITT should be this car" topics
would detract from the storyline.
KITT should look like a production line model to the average person.

Darryl

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 am

"Low key production model" is not the direction the motion picture is going for with it's approach to the new KITT.

=VK=
:dash:

Greely Winger
Stranger

Post by Greely Winger » Wed May 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Is it going to be a car or a spaceship?
Still, what made us say WOW then, won't WOW the audience now.
I am just hoping that the new KITT will not overpower the storline
in such a way that all you remember from the movie is KITT.

Darryl

Cobra
Volunteer

Post by Cobra » Wed May 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Definitely one of my favourite choices for the new KITT!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu May 22, 2008 1:27 am

victor kros wrote:"Low key production model" is not the direction the motion picture is going for with it's approach to the new KITT.

=VK=
:dash:
Hi Vic,

Would it be possible for you to expand on this a little in a non specific manner, as I'd be curious to know whether we should be looking at one off concepts, which would obviously be a little prohibitive when it comes to stunts, or limited production super cars, such as the new Ferrari California, for possible indications as to the movie's direction for the new KITT?

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Madness? This...is...KITT!!!!

Definitely.

*clings to car*

MINE.
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

Mr. Guy
Volunteer

Post by Mr. Guy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:32 pm

HI there -
I may be showing my age, but the original is still close to my heart. It just seems like some things don't need to be updated.

But - i do see how odd it is to post this under "Another Possible K.I.T.T., so my apologies for ignoring the obvious

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Greely Winger wrote:Is it going to be a car or a spaceship?
Still, what made us say WOW then, won't WOW the audience now.
I am just hoping that the new KITT will not overpower the storline
in such a way that all you remember from the movie is KITT.

Darryl
Agreed. I don't want to see the same mistakes made KR2000 and the recent pilot made, with regards to a new K.I.T.T.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:40 am

Futuristic or not,if the feature film KITT is Honda(ACURA is also Honda by the way),I wouldn't mind it,and I wouldn't think twice before seeing the movie! :lol: *major honda fan*
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:51 am

while the car in the opening post is a concept car, it seems this car is going into serial production... as the new Honda NSX for 2010/2011. that date perfectly fits with the release date of the movie, so chances increased this car will at least be considered :-)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070619.001 ... spy-photos

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Kaine wrote:while the car in the opening post is a concept car, it seems this car is going into serial production... as the new Honda NSX for 2010/2011. that date perfectly fits with the release date of the movie, so chances increased this car will at least be considered :-)

That's a beautiful car! I'd definitely like to see something like that in the film.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

The Shadow
Volunteer

Post by The Shadow » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Kaine wrote:while the car in the opening post is a concept car, it seems this car is going into serial production... as the new Honda NSX for 2010/2011. that date perfectly fits with the release date of the movie, so chances increased this car will at least be considered :-)

Very nice, I really like the look of this car as a possible new KITT. More than a lot of other cars suggested this one seems to have 'lines' that are similar to the original KITT.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:33 pm

That would make an awesome modern Kitt, Please someone who has some photoshop skills, Could you Kitt This Ride?

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Current renderings of the NSX...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:29 pm

That looks a lot less cool than the old version. :\
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 pm

I just hope that if they commission a car to be designed they keep Harald Belker far, far, FAR away from it.

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:57 am

It's still basically the same design as the concept, but they had to tone down the lights a bit. I think in looks MUCH better.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 pm

pontiac rageous..... better than most anything posted as of 8/12/08
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 pm

I was hoping someone spotted the new NSX rendering. This car should really be considered.

Like someone mentioned before, it's release date (2010) conisides with the movie's premiere. What better way to showcase a new vehicle then in a major motion picture?

It's style has been toned down a little, but it's still sleek, sporty, and modern withouth being to overdone.

Also, another fact that would make the NSX work is the fact that it's a 2 + 2, which means it has a back seat, though tiny. Still, if it's supposed to be a child that's going back there, that's perfect.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 am

King2000 wrote:Current renderings of the NSX...

Seems like a car that could be KITT. :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Well, that NSX or whatever looks WAY better than a Camaro Concept. So it would be easier for me to accept. You guys must be blind who want a camaro concept. Might as well use a Ford F-150 if you're going to use the Camaro Concept. It's a non-starter in my book. I would still prefer for example the Cadillac CTS Coupe that tamatt27 recommended.

But see this is why Glen Larson should have cooperated with NBC. Because what if the TV show is really successful, then you have a movie with a completely different car that wants to be a "reboot" of KR?? If they were collaborating, then you could have a really successful TV show and the feature film would derive from its success. Instead what we will have if the show is successful is a really good TV show that can never transfer to movie theaters, and a good movie that can never evolve into a TV series. That sucks both for the studios/companies involved and for the fans, in my opinion. If I were you, VK, I would advise Larson to work with NBC so the movie can be an extension of the series. Or at the very least, see how the series turns out, and if people like it, then corroborate with NBC, if not, go ahead with rebooting I guess.

The current situation is like having two different sources for Star Trek, one which does TV series and one that does the movies, and the stories are conflicting and the looks are conflicting, etc. Like you would have movies based on ST:TNG where Piccard is a Russian instead of a Frenchman, and is a womanizer instead of a dignified gentleman. How does that benefit either party, or the fans? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

--Brian

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 pm

seeker78 wrote:Well, that NSX or whatever looks WAY better than a Camaro Concept. So it would be easier for me to accept. You guys must be blind who want a camaro concept. Might as well use a Ford F-150 if you're going to use the Camaro Concept. It's a non-starter in my book. I would still prefer for example the Cadillac CTS Coupe that tamatt27 recommended.

But see this is why Glen Larson should have cooperated with NBC. Because what if the TV show is really successful, then you have a movie with a completely different car that wants to be a "reboot" of KR?? If they were collaborating, then you could have a really successful TV show and the feature film would derive from its success. Instead what we will have if the show is successful is a really good TV show that can never transfer to movie theaters, and a good movie that can never evolve into a TV series. That sucks both for the studios/companies involved and for the fans, in my opinion. If I were you, VK, I would advise Larson to work with NBC so the movie can be an extension of the series. Or at the very least, see how the series turns out, and if people like it, then corroborate with NBC, if not, go ahead with rebooting I guess.

The current situation is like having two different sources for Star Trek, one which does TV series and one that does the movies, and the stories are conflicting and the looks are conflicting, etc. Like you would have movies based on ST:TNG where Piccard is a Russian instead of a Frenchman, and is a womanizer instead of a dignified gentleman. How does that benefit either party, or the fans? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

--Brian
I think most of us are thankful that you're not involved with any decisions regarding Knight Rider.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;