K.I.T.T. vrs (Car Of Choice)

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

SeiferV440
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. vrs (Car Of Choice)

Post by SeiferV440 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:55 pm

Personally the one car (except for K.A.R.R. and Goliath) that would give K.I.T.T. a run for his money would be Christine (from that movie)...
K.I.T.T. wouldn't have a clue into finding a way to kill christine... nevertheless it would be an interesting match to see...
hehe you know what... they should have Christine as the villan in the new KNIGHT RIDER Movie... of course K.I.T.T. would win.... somehow

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:10 pm

I saw Christine in the theater with my girlfriend at the time... named Christine. It was a little creepy how much she seemed to enjoy identifying with the car!

KITT's MBS vs. Christine's regenerating body? Sounds like an excellent matchup!

Mike

p.s. Welcome to the board Seifer... We still have a lot of people on this board with slow modems, so to reduce bandwidth and to keep the threads cleaner we encourage people NOT to put images in their signature files. Thanks!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:30 pm

i've been looking for a 58 Plymouth Fury for years now..model that is. can never find one yet...grrrrrrrr!!!

i was lucky to actually see one for real at a car museum, years ago! red to boot!!

but i really wanna get a model...ive seen models resembling plymouth's but not exactly right on the button.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:57 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:KITT's MBS vs. Christine's regenerating body? Sounds like an excellent matchup!
hells yea... that would definitly be a match worth seeing... i would doubt that even KITT nor Christine wouldn't be able to destroy eachother.. and in the end... it would all end up in a tie
Skav wrote:i've been looking for a 58 Plymouth Fury for years now..model that is. can never find one yet...grrrrrrrr!!!

i was lucky to actually see one for real at a car museum, years ago! red to boot!!
Your lucky Skav... i have yet to see a 58 Plymoth Fury in real life... hopefully i will get a chance to see it someday in some car audio show in tha future... or whenever Christine rebuilds herself... she can vist me so that i can be the next owner... hehe

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:04 pm

A while ago, I tried doing a crossover story that had KITT vs. Christine. Basically, I had it set up that Leigh had a teenage son, and Bonnie was her sister-in-law. Christine was trying to hunt down the son, and Michael and KITT were involved in a case involving a murder of a gun at a drive-in theater (the crossover was somewhat a combination of the movie and the book by Stephen King).

To be honest: In the movie, they didn't use many 1958 Plymouth Furys. They used it's sister at times, 1958 Plymouth Belvederes. In the book, King had it where Christine was a four-door. There are no four door Plymouth Furys, but the 1959 Plymouths (I'm not sure if it was Fury or Belvedere) had four doors. And none of the cars came in red, all were banana yellow. However, this exception is made in the book, where it says that Christine's first owner, George LeBay (the man who sells Arnie the car) custom ordered Christine in Autum red. NOTE: The character of George LeBay in the movie is a combination of George and his brother in the book. George was the original owner and his brother was the one who explained the backstory between George and Christine (in the book). However, for the movie, it was turned around.

Another thing is that Christine (in the book) was a haunted house on wheels as much as she was a living thing. There are scenes where LeBay's ghost is scene driving the car. However, in the movie, they do away with the haunted house on wheels idea, hence no ghost.

Skav, I recommend you check ERTL's AMT model site. I know that they've released a Plymouth Fury model (I've seen one at the store called Michaels, but I haven't bought it because they want $13 dollars for it).

But if you mean a REAL car, I've seen two. One was a '58 Fury. It was rusted up and at a junkyard. The second one, at a swap meet, which was a descibed only as a 1959 Plymouth looked much like how King described Christine: A four door. However, was sanded down to the metal and was missing a few parts from the frame.

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:19 pm

imagine that... a banana yellow car chasing you... lol... Its a good thing that George Lebay custom ordered Christine in Autum Red... it truely shows Christine's true colors... ya know what i mean

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:40 pm

thanks, CB2001, i'll try to see if there is a UK site available.lol, no i don't mean a real car. i can't even drive :P

i do know that the 58 plymouth's were very rare...not sure how many but that explains why they used a diff make of car for certain scenes which is something i never knew.

so, CB, your pretty lucky to find one for real because the lucky person who ever had it shoulda kept it.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:50 pm

Skav- What can I say. The one at the swap meet looked like the kind that someone would buy and try to restore. Besides, I've got a '65 Mustang I haven't even gotten on the road yet, so buying that car would have added to the many in our yard as it is. I think I took a picture of it with my family's digital camera, but I may have misplaced the disk. Ironically enough, it was at that same Swap Meet where I bought the KITT model that I posted a while back about, one of the original MPC prints, copyright 1983.

Also, a while before that, I had my mom's copy of the novel in paperback, but the cover came off. However, I was lucky enough to make it up to her by finding a hardback copy of the novel, with its cover and all. And on the back, it has a picture with King and an old four wheel friend that was the inspiration for Christine. :)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:35 pm

MK and Kitt trying to catch Memphis Raines in his GT 500 from "Gone in 60 seconds" would be cool. Although the 500 is no match for Kitt, Memphis is crafty enough to give 'em a good run for their money. I've also wondered to how the Ferrari scene in "Fast and the Furious" would have played out with Kitt in place of the Ferrari. Punk kid wouldn't have been so cocky then would he. Actually Kitt Vs. every car in that whole damn movie would be cool :twisted: . Polly wanna eat some rice :twisted: :twisted: !
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:55 pm

KITT VS VIPER

Imagine KITT turbo boosting over the VIPER car while it simultaneously transforms into defender mode.

This would also bring "Michael Knight VS Joe Astor" which I think would be cool in itself.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:19 am

Army_F_Body- (slightly off topic) Do note that for the making of the film, no real Shelby Mustangs were used in the Big Chase scene. They were all '67+'68 Mustang fastbacks made over to look like the Shelby GT500 that Eleanor was.

Even though, for the film, I have reason to believe that Eleanor was a street racing modified Shelby Mustang, hence the aftermarket NOS system and the way the front is shaped.

My choices:

KITT vs. The Volcano
KITT vs. Rambo
KITT vs. The Terminator
KITT vs. The Last V-8 Interceptor from "Mad Max"
KITT vs. Face's Corvette from "A-Team"
KITT vs. Farscape 1 from "Farscape"
KITT vs. Black Moon from "Black Moon Rising"
KITT vs. All The M.A.S.K. vehicles.
KITT vs. The Austin Martin from any of the early "James Bond" films (with Sean Connery in them)
KITT vs. The Shaguar from "Austin Powers"
KITT vs. The Charlie's Angel Camero from "Charlie's Angels" the movie
KITT vs. the GTO from ""xXx"
KITT vs. the rotation of the Earth

(WHEW!)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:47 am

How about Kitt vs. Kift (with the original stuck up AI).
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Cap'n Hector
Stranger

Post by Cap'n Hector » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:09 am

Kitt v. Herbie (The Love Bug)

If you missed it, Herbie was from a series of Disney movies about a VW Beetle that was intelligent, and came out on top by doing cute stuff.

I'd be fun to see if Kitt could beat the DCF. (Disney Cute Factor).

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:11 am

I think a lot of people here know who Herbie is, after all, there were topics not too long ago about Herbie The Stalker Bug.

The Disney Cute Factor wouldn't apply in any showdown with KITT, though KITT would have to be pushed by some evil force to do the 2 second destruction of the Love Bug.

KI

Cap'n Hector
Stranger

Post by Cap'n Hector » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:53 am

My apologies...I deal with people from around the world regularly, and I don't take cultural knowledge for granted. You're right that the expanation wasn't needed.

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:55 pm

sofchance wrote:KITT VS VIPER

Imagine KITT turbo boosting over the VIPER car while it simultaneously transforms into defender mode.
This would also bring "Michael Knight VS Joe Astor" which I think would be cool in itself.
K.I.T.T. vrs Viper would kick ass too

as for Michael Knight & Joe Astor...
Michael Knight would kick his ass and all of a sudden from out of nowhere, some girl would reappear and make out with Michael Knight... for no reason
Army_F_Body wrote:How about Kitt vs. Kift (with the original stuck up AI).
K.I.T.T. would curse K.I.F.T. on who is the betta car... and destroy the K.I.F.T.
Cap'n Hector wrote:Kitt v. Herbie (The Love Bug)

If you missed it, Herbie was from a series of Disney movies about a VW Beetle that was intelligent, and came out on top by doing cute stuff.

I'd be fun to see if Kitt could beat the DCF. (Disney Cute Factor).
Herbie is a herb of a car... lol... Herbie sucked... K.I.T.T. wouldn't even waste his time with that herb... i mean that Herbie

Long Live K.I.T.T.

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:52 pm

How about Kitt vs the Interceptor car from the movie,"The Wraith?" That car was "eerily" awesome.

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:41 pm

yea that movie was awesome

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:45 pm

The Interceptor would have no chance against K.I.T.T. cause everytime the interceptor would stand in tha middle of tha street or run into K.I.I.T... all that K.I.T.T. would have ta do is turbo boost every time... but that car was still awesome

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:06 pm

CB2001 wrote:, but the 1959 Plymouths (I'm not sure if it was Fury or Belvedere) had four doors. And none of the cars came in red, all were banana yellow.
great posts and great information! Both the book and movie were great even tho I really would of loved to of seen Leah topless..

BTW all 58' Furys werent yellow IIRC but a beige/offwhite...

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:32 pm

WOOOHOOOO. lovely!!!! now...where can i find a model? :P. that ertl site didnt have one :(

Skav

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:00 pm

Skav my man,I think I have found what you're looking for! There is a site that sells ANY kind of diecast that you want.They have your coveted Plymouth Fury,it comes in 1/18th scale,aaanndd,it comes in RED!!! The link is:www.exoticar.com. To save time,go to the Search box,find the "car type" box,scroll down to you find Plymouth,and you will find what you're looking for. I think they do international orders,but I would check their shipping policies to make sure.I hopes this helps! :wink:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:14 am

THANK YOU Soul Sista!!!! :P. This is what I have been looking for!!!!

I really appreciate it!

Skav

Tony J Case, Super Genius
Stranger

Post by Tony J Case, Super Genius » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:36 pm

Dont get me wrong - I think Knight Rider rocks the old school house hardcore, but in this instance I think I've got the trump card:

Yeah Kitt has all kinds of gadgets and indeed has mad driving skills, but could even Michael stop an army of Ninja Assassins, save the kidnapped princess, outrun an exploding volcano AND come from last place to win the big Trans-Global race? Speed Racer and the Go Team managed to do that 5 times a week.

(Of course despite all that, Speed was never quite smart enough to figure out that Racer X was really his older brother Rex. Being an Ex-cop, Michael would have probably seen through that deception pretty quick.)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:40 pm

Actually, Michael & KITT pretty much did all those things: fought Ninja assassins, won the big races, rescued princesses (or in their world, damsels in distress) and yes, escaped an exploding volcano.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com