KITT Appearance

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight_2000
Stranger

KITT Appearance

Post by Knight_2000 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:56 pm

I was a big fan of the Knight Rider series growing up and still have a photo of myself sitting in the driver's seat of K.I.T.T from one of the auto shows.

I wanted to let all the fans of the new Knight Rider series that the new Mustang K.I.T.T will be on display June 7th at the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle, PA. This is a rare opportunity to get up close and personal with the stars of the new series and get your photo taken with celebrities of the show.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT Appearance

Post by Sue » Thu May 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks for posting! I see it is mentioned in a blog here:
http://www.fordexp.net/forum/forum_post ... 6&get=last
This official site, http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/
Says only,
Ford and Lincoln-Mercury will be all over the place with concepts, celebrities, displays and test drives.
I for one am very bummed that I live so far away these days. I went to school near Carlisle and I know they sure love old cars there. People will converge on that small town from all over the East Coast. It is well worth anyone’s efforts to make it out there. It’s only about 3 hours from New York. My guess is KITT will be the same car from New York with the large Shelby lettering on his front and the new scanner.
I wonder where else KITT will pop up?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 am

Wow that is only a hour and 1/2 away from me! I will be there. Thanks a lot. I will try to get pictures.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm

So was this true? Did anyone go?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:11 pm

Lost Knight wrote: From: All Knight Rider Car Show At Saugus Speedway.
I think much of the problem lies in the fact that most members here can't attend most Knight Rider events because they're mostly in California. I personally don't pay all that much attention to events that I know I can't go to. Hopefully NBC will have some upcoming events or shows in NYC that I could attend later this year; after all, that's where their headquarters is.
Well Lost Knight I was bemoaning last month that I couldn’t go to this one, it would have only been a 3 hour drive from New York, I used to take that drive all the time. Didn’t anyone here go? It looks like it was the same KITT from New York, the one with the different scanner. And they didn’t bother to modefy the inside. I guess that takes the credibility away from the idea that that is the new scanner.
KITTatCarlisle.jpg
KITTatCarlisle.jpg (222.46 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
KITTatCarlisle2.jpg
KITTatCarlisle2.jpg (215.06 KiB) Viewed 7495 times
There are more photos up on their website.
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/galler ... Experience

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:09 pm

Sue wrote:It looks like it was the same KITT from New York, the one with the different scanner. And they didn’t bother to modefy the inside. I guess that takes the credibility away from the idea that that is the new scanner.
Well, we had the "blood pumping" version of the car without the Shelby lettering and with the half-cut steering wheel which was featured on The Today Show in NYC, and we had a second vehicle with the Shelby lettering, classic-style scanner, and untouched steering wheel which was in NYC back in May. I have no doubt that these are two separate vehicles and not just the same one with a new scanner installed.

However, there is also the Mustang back at the studio garage where we first saw it with the Shelby lettering, which I believe is yet another separate Mustang. I also believe that the Mustang that appeared at the Carlisle show and in NYC is a different vehicle as well. What leads me to believe this are the differences in the Shelby lettering on the cars: the Carlisle/NYC Mustang has the Shelby lettering evenly spaced across. The Mustang in the studio garage has more of a space in the middle of the lettering, looking more like "SHE LBY" and the divide between the stripes is missing in-between the lettering, as well.

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: