Prometheus

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Prometheus

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:40 pm

ok, this kinda loops around to the post about spoilers and the link with K-site but i reckon it deserved its own thread...

I caught a re run of the pilot of L&C the other day here in the uk on virgin1 channel and the space project that our superhero saved was called 'Prometheus....'

And it crops up in the pilot for KR08, discuss....??

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Prometheus

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Prometheus has been used in many stories over the years. Lex mentions the story of Prometheus in Superman Returns (damn you Singer) also. IIRC it was also the real name of Robo from the SNES RPG Chrono Trigger and played a role in the story of its sequel Chrono Cross in a fitting manner. <_< >_> *Nerd emoticon would go here if there was one.*

Long story short, Prometheus was a Titan who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to the humans, after which he was captured and punished for his actions. So figure how that relates to whatever Prometheus is supposed to be in a story and it should fit in someway with the original story.

:spmgo:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Prometheus was also featured in Hercules the Legendary Journies.

=VK=
:dash:

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 am

Also a ship name Star Gate SG1

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Victor you've let me down there...

Prometheus SHOULD feature in Hercules, being part of shared Greek mythology and all that...

I would have thought that particular occurance of the name should have gone unsaid as it was in its proper context

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:47 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Victor you've let me down there...

Prometheus SHOULD feature in Hercules, being part of shared Greek mythology and all that...

I would have thought that particular occurance of the name should have gone unsaid as it was in its proper context
- I'm not going to dignify this comment with a further response.

=VK=
:dash: