My vision of new K.I.T.T.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My vision of new K.I.T.T.

Post by Radicalas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:01 pm

I found great image of Camaro in this forum and photoshoped it to K.I.T.T.

Here is the original image:

And here is my photoshoped vision:

Any further suggestions or notes? :)

Thank you.

Original image is from: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3425

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: My vision of new K.I.T.T.

Post by weeezl » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Radicalas wrote:I found great image of Camaro in this forum and photoshoped it to K.I.T.T.

Here is the original image:

And here is my photoshoped vision:

Thank you.

Original image is from: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3425

Now THAT is Kitt, awesome work!!, could you try putting the scanner in the grill somehow?

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

They are testing the new Camaro at the Nur in Germany. I wish Ford didn't invest so much into the series...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:01 pm

As I've said before the new Camaro is already licensed by Paramount/Dreamworks for the next two Transformers movies.

It's nice to bounce ideas though just for fun.

=VK=
:dash:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Besides that the new Camaro isnt all that different than the new Mustang, its only has more of sharp/block shape to it than the stang. If you squint they have almost the same profile. I dont think its the cars in this matter just people rival Ford vs. GM
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 am

GarthKnight08 wrote:Besides that the new Camaro isnt all that different than the new Mustang, its only has more of sharp/block shape to it than the stang. If you squint they have almost the same profile. I dont think its the cars in this matter just people rival Ford vs. GM
Yes, but Camaro is looking just like original K.I.T.T., when you watch higher part of the car till the grill, not as Mustang :)

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:45 am

I wonder if the Camaro didnt have that scanner looking scoop if people would still feel so strongly about this car to be KITT
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 pm

It's a little bit like this image:

But I don't think the camaro is a much better choice than the Mustang. They have alot in common. The only thing that makes the new KITT so bulky is the Shelby tuning.
The Saleen tuning or the standard Mustang looks much better.

raitis.f
Stranger

Post by raitis.f » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:00 pm

Take a good look to the old KITT - it was a special car, different than others, with a secret... and now to the new one - Ford Mustand - it is a nice car, but that’s it... why they couldn’t go for the same definition? Some thing different, something special, something on what to look at when it will drive by but from 21 century!? Pontiac Trans Am was the car of the old KITT, why not to use Pontiac Trans Am again? Pontiac Trans Am 2002 looks just like that, but more powerful, more masculine and from 21 century! Theory to make that car it takes time, so how can they make such a super car of the model of 2007? (Luc Besson deliberately used older cars)...
2002_pontaic_firebird_trans_am_ram_air_coupe-1.jpg
2002_pontaic_firebird_trans_am_ram_air_coupe-1.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 18370 times

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 pm

*SIGHS*

Look around, there's a dozen post probably on the first few pages discussing the car issue and why using a five year old car isn't feasible today.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:24 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:*SIGHS*

Look around, there's a dozen post probably on the first few pages discussing the car issue and why using a five year old car isn't feasible today.
- My thoughts exactly but people like to dream, can't blame them for that.

=VK=

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu May 01, 2008 12:23 pm

I know, just so repetitive... If it were feasible I'd probably pick the last TA model over the Mustang too but unfortunately, that wouldn't happen.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri May 02, 2008 8:23 am

That's not to say that the TA is perfect either, it'd need some alterations but it'd be a good base.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri May 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....!

LOVE the Camaro as KITT.....and the last production design firebird for KARR...= COOL!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:13 am

Radicalas wrote:I found great image of Camaro in this forum and photoshoped it to K.I.T.T.

Thank you.
Well the Camaro is a cool car, but

(a) it is Made in Canada, not the USA. The Mustang is Made in the USA. Knight Rider is an American story featuring Americans (Canadian actors notwithstanding). As I've said, this is nothing against Canada or Canadians, but the Mustang is superior to the Camaro for these purposes, in my opinion, because it is made in the USA.

(b) As V.K. said, the Camaro is busy being used for Transformers etc.

(c) the concept Camaro that is going to be released here soon actually looks quite similar to a Ford Mustang Shelby version. It's not as sleek/aerodynamic as the Trans Am.

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:15 am

Garthe Knight wrote: But I don't think the camaro is a much better choice than the Mustang. They have alot in common. The only thing that makes the new KITT so bulky is the Shelby tuning.
The Saleen tuning or the standard Mustang looks much better.
Yes I totally agree!!! The GT Mustang is sleeker/more aerodynamic. :)

Although, in my opinion, the best model year for Ford Mustang was 2000, where it came to more of a point in the nose. These new ones are boxy in the nose. :)

--Brian

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat May 03, 2008 2:31 am

seeker78 wrote:

Thank you.
Well the Camaro is a cool car, but

(a) it is Made in Canada, not the USA. The Mustang is Made in the USA. Knight Rider is an American story featuring Americans (Canadian actors notwithstanding). As I've said, this is nothing against Canada or Canadians, but the Mustang is superior to the Camaro for these purposes, in my opinion, because it is made in the USA.

(b) As V.K. said, the Camaro is busy being used for Transformers etc.

(c) the concept Camaro that is going to be released here soon actually looks quite similar to a Ford Mustang Shelby version. It's not as sleek/aerodynamic as the Trans Am.

--Brian
Here we go again. :roll:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

raitis.f
Stranger

Post by raitis.f » Mon May 05, 2008 6:57 pm

I don't think the "knight rider" KITT car has something to do with being "sleeker/more aerodynamic" it is a TV Series, so it has to be 100% about the way it's looks... If it would be a real car - the roles would be different...

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue May 06, 2008 11:30 am

WELL, AFTER TAKING A "ENHANCED" MUSTANG FOR A TEST RIDE..... tho no AI with extras were to be found in the car or as an options package.... & being a car geek/afficiondo/gear head/back yard ASE cert mech.....
Tho I'M WILLING TO GIVE THE NEW SERIES A CHANCE ( LOSE THE PLANE, PLEASE )& HOPEFULLY,WE'LL SEE MORE OF THE FOUNDATION- MANSION,ETC & A FEW FAMILIAR FACES.....

THE STANG HANDLED LIKE A BRICK- ON A SKATE BOARD.....I gotta say, it is Not more aero-dynamic than a T/A- 82-2002 or Camaro-82-2002....!

Yeh, I know it's only t.v. but...on a realistic basis....the GM line still to this day handles better. EXCEPT FOR THE COBALT.... an OLD Corsica 3 door sport I owned,had a Z24 engine in it...beefy-peppy lil bugger...! I modified the brakes....vented disc all round ( from a vette ) & height ajustable shocks for wheel clearance...& for the illusion , I put slightly fatter,bigger tyres on the rear, monza mean sound dual port exhaust & spoiler....halogen lights,etc
( but no scanner light)

it handled quite nice...even in crappy weather ( I switched to a/t tires for snowy weather ) IT DIDN'T TAKE WELL TO BEING HIT BY A BIG TRUCK THO... my point...? t'was a GM product that held up nicely! & it could zip circles around a lot of cars even by todays standard...[ gas prices aside }

So kiddies with alldue respect to the new KR & it's fans, new,old,pending.....the original & its' upgradings are still the best, what dreams/LEGENDS are made of...!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:29 pm

raitis.f wrote:I don't think the "knight rider" KITT car has something to do with being "sleeker/more aerodynamic" it is a TV Series, so it has to be 100% about the way it's looks...
Yes, by "sleek/aerodynamic" I'm talking about how it looks externally. The Camaro has a boxy front end just like the Mustang. So my answer to the made in Canada Camaro -- other than it is made in a foreign country and thus not best for an American story with American characters produced by Americans which should benefit Americans (thus you wouldn't use a Canadian car for KR anymore than you would use an American car for James Bond) -- is that you may as well use the Mustang if you want to use the Camaro because they are equally boxy.

Now, if we were talking about say a 2001 Camaro, that is to say, a 4th gen, that is totally different. Still made in Canada (which is not desired), but looks A LOT BETTER. Compare the boxy Camaro Concept to the 2001 Camaro...the 2001 looks WAY BETTER. Between a 2001 and a Concept, if both had a high torque electric motor from AC Propulsion Inc. (the motor in the Tesla Roadster), no gasoline engine or fuel tank, and sufficient battery, which one would you expect to go faster, given the looks?? I would have to say the 2001!!!

here is a 2001 camaro

here is a Camaro concept aka "GM's version of the Mustang"

ugly, ugly!!! 2001 version is way better!!! of course that's just my opinion!!! :)

The best Camaro would be 1992 and before, 3rd gen. They were made in the USA and looked aerodynamic (1st and 2nd gen were still boxy).

With the Mustang, you have a car that's made in the USA, has two doors and a backseat, and is marketed as a "high performance vehicle" (it has RWD and a V8). Thus it's probably the best available choice for KITT.

There are other cars which look aerodynamic and fast, and have backseats, but they are not marketed as high performance -- they are seen as "dorky" by car enthusiasts. Those of us who are not car enthusiasts, and can separate the external appearance of a car from its drivetrain and power plant, think the cars look good, which is one reason why people buy them. KITT in the real world would not be limited to powering just the rear wheels or just the front wheels anyway, it would be available to direct mechanical power to any of the wheels depending on road conditions/terrain.

here's a chevy cobalt as an example of what I mean:

way more sleek than a Camaro Concept!!!! and made in the USA.

which looks like it would go 0 to 60 in 4 seconds (assuming both had the Tesla Roadster motor and battery instead of a gasoline engine)? The brick-on-wheels Camaro Concept or the sleek Chevy Cobalt??? btw as I noted in the past, there is a Chevy Cobat SS Supercharged which has a more powerful engine and has similar performance to a Mustang GT (though not a GT500KR of course) but looks more or less the same on the outside, it does have more wing.

The only other high performance cars made in the USA would be the Corvette and the Viper. Neither of them has a backseat. The original KITT had one.

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:49 pm

here is a mitsubishi eclipse it's a front wheel drive sports car according to wikipedia and it is made in the usa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:F ... ports_cars

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue May 06, 2008 7:36 pm

With all due respect this "made in the USA" thing is really getting out of hand. I understand being patriotic and all but really narrowing car choices because THEY MUST BE BUILT IN THE USA is really rediculous.

=VK=

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue May 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Aren't lots of car parts assembled in Asia anyway? I doubt there's a car out there with 100% US components.

I'm glad someone else said there's not much of a visual difference between the Mustang and 08 Camaro, I thought I was off my rocker for thinking that.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue May 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Give it up Seeker, you're not making any friends around here with your prejudice rants about other countries. Whether you realize it or not you've offended every Canadian on the board. The only thing you should be "seeking" at this point is help for your ridiculous outlook against anything not "made in USA".

I personally think the new Camaro is a shoe in for a re-imagining of KITT with a little customization. Something exotic doesn't fit in, imports are generally too small, and assuming Glen Larson requires a back seat the Camaro would work...but alas the whole Transformers fiasco with the new Camaro puts that idea on the shelf.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed May 07, 2008 4:33 am

And still hocking the family coups....