Back to the Future in Fright Knight

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth II
Stranger

Post by Joe Huth II » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:52 pm

I was watching "Fright Knight" today and noticed that the Clock Tower from the Back to the Future trilogy makes an appearance, as does a few of the town's streets. Check it out!

Joe

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:02 pm

LOL! Funny how things from BTTF sneak up in the strangest places. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:17 pm

That's pretty cool! That square is used all over, the one that comes to mind is Gremlins. im sure you all can think of others.

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:48 pm

Yup, the Clocktower gets used alot. Last time I was at USH, I saw the tower, but it was Clockless. They were filming something else with it.

In the way of filming places, it's cool that I live near the Endless Summer store, pier, and street used in "KvK". It's really haunting when I ride down that street, which is nerely every weekend. The store is still Endless Summer.....

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:24 pm

It looks very much like the town that appeared in BTTF, was very much like the town in the KR ep, 'Good day at White Rock'!

I do know for certain that it was the same town used in a film called 'The Car'!

Skav

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Knight:
<STRONG>Yup, the Clocktower gets used alot. Last time I was at USH, I saw the tower, but it was Clockless. They were filming something else with it.

In the way of filming places, it's cool that I live near the Endless Summer store, pier, and street used in "KvK". It's really haunting when I ride down that street, which is nerely every weekend. The store is still Endless Summer.....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that's basically my favorite episode as well as many other peeps... Interesting KR factoid! Would love to visit that site!

I noticed that you put that you are from Hill Valley, CA... So, you must be pretty psyched about the release of the Back To The Future Trilogy DVDs on December 17th? It's going to be pure digital bliss for me!

Did you know that GameStop.com and Rockstar games are giving away a real DeLorean to promote Grand Theft Auto Vice City out Oct. 31st for PS2?

In addition to DeLoreans in the game, it sure would be nice to see a 1982 T/A as well, as it is set in the 80s! The 9 hour 80's soundtrack is going to ROCK!! Gotta love those 80s Image

SH

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:28 pm

to bad we will not have star cars in the game

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpyHunter:
<STRONG>

Wow, that's basically my favorite episode as well as many other peeps... Interesting KR factoid! Would love to visit that site! </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Main Street in Seal Beach, CA. A nice place to visit. Last time I parked in the lot, beneath the peir, My dad and I ended up parking in the spot where KARR sat in wait for John's girlfriend! My dad said: "Flynn, are we....?"
I replied: "Yup. Scary, isn't it?"

I noticed that you put that you are from Hill Valley, CA... So, you must be pretty psyched about the release of the Back To The Future Trilogy DVDs on December 17th? It's going to be pure digital bliss for me!

Oh hell yes, McFly! I'm a bigger BTTF fan then I am a KR fan. (Purhaps I shouldn't have said that here....) You may also know me as Doc Lathrop Brown!

Yes, the DVD's are gonna rock! I now have a reason to get a DVD player! Check BTTF.com's main page for the final bonus listing for tbhe R1 DVD's. I CANNOT WAIT! I was actually drooling, something I never do unless I'm gonna kill to get something!

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:31 am

There is a member named Dave McFly somewhere on this board too, but I haven't seen him post in awhile! Nice to have so many people with the same interests!

Glad to see they added Huey Lewis' 'Power Of Love' music video to the bonus line up, I was beginning to wonder about that. That song rocks, and the video is awesome, it has Doc Brown pulling up to a bar in the Time Machine, and then taking a chic home in the end, if I remember correctly.

A lot of times they forget music videos for movies, and that's a shame. Like Ghostbusters! It was a great and powerful DVD, but they neglected to put the cool Ghostbusters music video by Ray Parker Jr. in it. I just saw it for the first time in a long time recently and it jams. They have several actors making cameos, and it's just too damn cool! [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

SH

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:10 am

Its also used in Sky Knight.

When KITT and michael take off from Cactus and head out to Deep Sleep, when its zooming right out from KITT's license plate, they are heading to the movie theatre.

scott

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:39 am

It's also used in A Nice Indecent Little Town.

Devon is giving a speech right at the front doors of the clock tower building. The scene then goes to Michael spotting a crook in the crowd and making a big ruckus trying to catch him, then Devon gets pissed. Huh Huh

SH

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:10 am

Speaking of BTTF, that happens to be my fave trilogy of all time! I love it and def am getting the DVD when it comes out. I'm on the BTTF.com board as well as here (although I haven't posted much).

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:13 am

i know this will also take this even further off topic but I thought it would be kind of an appropriate time to mention it. On IGN Filmforce there is a rumor going around of a Back to the Future 4. Its shot down as only a rumor on the site as well but I always wished a 4th could be made cause its my favorite movie of all time to. Well so far the new Knight Rider movie will be a contender for my favorite and if done the way I hope will then become my fav over the BTTF trilogy. Hope there are some cool extras on the Trilogy DVD's as well as on the DVD for the new KR movie when it is made.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpyHunter:
<STRONG>A lot of times they forget music videos for movies, and that's a shame. Like Ghostbusters! It was a great and powerful DVD, but they neglected to put the cool Ghostbusters music video by Ray Parker Jr. in it. I just saw it for the first time in a long time recently and it jams. They have several actors making cameos, and it's just too damn cool! [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

SH</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, i remember that video, a house made up of lighted beams and stuff, and at the end the cast of the show doing that silly dance-thing, which the cartoon then had during their end credits, remember? of course, then slimer came in and ruined it all - lol! loved "the real ghostbusters" too, back in its early days only though, when the voice of peter was done by the guy who did garfield (anybody remember his name?).

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:20 pm

I think the Real Ghostbusters would do very good on DVD, but will they ever produce it? Probably not... It seems like the companies don't want to make money sometimes!

Peter's voice was done by Lorenzo Music.

SH

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:22 pm

Yup. Unfortunatly, Lorenzo passed away a few months ago....

Very sad for us GB/ RGB fans.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:31 am

<STRONG>I think the Real Ghostbusters would do very good on DVD, but will they ever produce it? Probably not... It seems like the companies don't want to make money sometimes!

Peter's voice was done by Lorenzo Music.

SH</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh they so should! i bought transformers:the movie a few months ago and loved it!! brought back many memories, and i couldn't help buying a couple of the series dvds (even though they released the first episodes on volume two and the next batch on volume one! [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] ) and have begun to buy the comic books made up of collections of the old stories from the 80s.

the real ghostbusters would go down a real treat i'm sure. ok, so it didn't have a major story arc over tv and comics like the transformers but i'm sure it'd be great to try to collect them anyways, if they were released properly (unlike our own kr!!) and it would show today's kids what REAL cartoons were all about, before that rubbish "extreme" stuff!! lol!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:03 am

Here's another oldie but goodie with some interesting facts in it!

Enjoy!

KI

Count Dracula
Recruit

Post by Count Dracula » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:33 am

They got the BTTF trilligy on DVD now? Where the hell have I been? *in a cave thumping my head with my caveman club :D *

Anyone know how Michal is doing (btw I have the same bday as him, June 9. I was born in 1980, wonder how many years ahead he is). I know he has that nerve deseas wich can kill ppl. Forgot what it is called. I think Montel Williams has it too. :cry:

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:05 pm

i too post over on bttf.com with the same name as i do here

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:20 pm

You may not want to rush out and buy the DVD trilogy yet, somebody goofed. The people who put the BTTFII and BTTFIII together made mistakes in the framing of those films, in some scenes you can even see mics! They're supposed to rerelease it soon with those problems corrected.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:47 pm

Count Dracula wrote:They got the BTTF trilligy on DVD now? Where the hell have I been? *in a cave thumping my head with my caveman club :D *

Anyone know how Michal is doing (btw I have the same bday as him, June 9. I was born in 1980, wonder how many years ahead he is). I know he has that nerve deseas wich can kill ppl. Forgot what it is called. I think Montel Williams has it too. :cry:
You might want to go to http://www.google.com, type in Michael J. Fox, and see all the neat and interesting facts about him that may come up. He has Parkinson's Disease, and I would say that he has many years on you.

KI

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:28 pm

Ok.. the DVD's ROCK!!! I love watching them with the producers comments on... I've learned a lot! Like in BTTF3 the scene that they send Marty back tot he Old west was shot in 17 degrees!!! And they're wearing summer clothes! Anyway, How could they possibly make a BTTF4?? It said the END! And yes, Dave McFly is still around.. we IM eachother. And by the way.. the Nintendo game of BTTF is HARDER THAN HELL! I can't get past the second level EVEN WITH Game Genie!!! Anyway... back to the subject..I can't believe there is so much BTTF in KR! I am going to have to rewatch some of those eps and see... I really want to go back to Cali and actually visit some of the sites from both BTTF and KR... I think that would be a real moving experience!! What do you think?
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:22 am

knightynight wrote:You may not want to rush out and buy the DVD trilogy yet, somebody goofed. The people who put the BTTFII and BTTFIII together made mistakes in the framing of those films, in some scenes you can even see mics! They're supposed to rerelease it soon with those problems corrected.
:shock: This is a shame! Especially after it has taken Universal soooo long to release them on DVD, 5+ years from when they first started talking about it. :shock:

Thanks for the info, knightynight, I've watched the new DVD set a few times and can't believe I missed the framing problem. So, for me it hasn't taken anything away from the film. The video is crisp and the audio is Dolby Digital, need I say anymore? Sweet!

Anywho, I found some information on Amazon.com from people commenting on the set, and thought others may need it:

Those of you who UNFORTUNATELY purchased INCORRECTLY FRAMED widescreen version of DVD set, here is the phone number you HAVE TO CALL.

(888) 703-0010

When I called, a lady who showed TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF RELUCTANCE in doing her job answered and AUTOMATICALLY started reading out a WRITTEN MEMO about Universal's awareness of the MESSED-UP DVDs. You leave your address and phone number, then they'll send you a PRE-PAID ENVELOPE for returning DVDs (BTTF part II and III). You send only disks to them, then you'll HAVE TO WAIT until "LATE FEBURARY" to get the fixed version (finally!).

I don't understand why they need physical disks to be sent back. But whether you like it or not, that's how it works, and that's how Universal treats customers. Good luck! :-)

Those of you who FORTUNATELY haven't bought the DVD set yet: WAIT UNTIL MARCH!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:22 am

Yea, I'm probably a bigger Back to the Future fan then a Knight Rider fan, the time travel stuff always gets me. I called Universal a few weeks ago for the return DVDs, and now they are quoting a Late March for the newly framed discs to arrive. Just a little FYI.