Raise your hand if you are 28

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Raise your hand if you are 28

Post by Sue » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Has anyone else noticed how many of us and of the cast are 28 years old. Knight rider must have gone into syndication in an after school time slot that somehow got us all hooked. I probably could have cared less about this new show if KR wasn’t so deeply a part of those early years of my life, it’s kinda like being a kid again.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Raise your hand if you are 28

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:17 am

Well I can't raise mine as I'm still a couple years away from being 28 (well, less than two years) but it's because the majority of us are products of the 80s. I'm curious as to when everyone first started watching and how old they were a the time, I saw much of the original run starting I was maybe only two or three somewhere between the latter end of the first season to some point in the third. Admittedly I don't remember much and probably don't get a whole lot of the show other than KITT being a talking car, doing stunts and having a bunch of pretty lights and now the only thing I can really remember is my apparently either mixing together KITT vs KARR (the end with KARR pretty much and his being in pieces) and Killer KITT together or dreaming something where KARR was resurrected by the guy from Killer KITT or it might have been the main bad guy from the Scent of Roses.. *Shrugs* According to my mother Knight Rider, Johnny Carson (which I used to annoy my much older brother to no end with) and He-Man were three of my "things" back then.

Of course I also caught it in syndication on USA in I think the latter half of the 80s and early 90s along with He-Man and the Cartoon Express, heh when I got a bit older. I think I had a bit of a crush on Punky Brewster as well as Ariel when I saw the Little Mermaid, at least a few dreams (no, not those kind) anyway, but I think that movie is one reason why today I still don't like fish all that much, well aside from the taste and a bad seafood experience about 15 year ago.

I wrote way too much and got completely off topic, oh well mwhahahaha.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:21 am

*raises hand*

I started watching KR when I was around 4. It was instantly my favorite show.

When I was 10, we got cable and I found it in syndication. It was only on once a week, every Saturday afternoon. I never missed it. :D

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm

I'm over it. Unlike many Knight Rider fans out there I actually didn't get into the show until it started having reruns on the USA network. I was more into Voltron, GI JOE, Transformers, and M.A.S.K. at the time.

Then I started catching the good prime time shows like Knight Rider, A-Team, MacGyver, and Airworlf. Incidentally all of those shows had very cool theme songs. I got into Miami Vice and Magnum P.I. later on.

=VK=
:dash:

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:37 pm

*raises his hand, but only for six more days*

SHADO
Stranger

Post by SHADO » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:16 pm

Happy belated birthday Sue! Have you considered the idea that this might all be some outlet of your quarter life crisis? Perhaps an attempt to regain your youth?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:20 pm

SHADO wrote:Happy belated birthday Sue! Have you considered the idea that this might all be some outlet of your quarter life crisis? Perhaps an attempt to regain your youth?
Quiet you! Or I’ll trade you in for a Mustang GT 500 KR.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Im not 28..but Im just postin in that Justin Bruening is 28 as well. Not sure about Deanna though..it appears her birthday has not been released..

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Well my wife is 28, and I'm turning 30 this year!

I think a lot of the resurgence we are seeing with stuff we grew up with (speed racer, 90210, ateam, etc) is that people like us loved these series as a kid, and it touched our hearts. And now people like us are in a position to do something about it. Ben Silverman is only 38 himself, and I'm not saying he relaunched KR because of his love of the series - I know it was financial, but he was definitely exposed to it before he was in a position to do anything about it - and look where he is now.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:21 pm

Justinbruening.net I love it when you sign in because I just love looking at your profile picture! Ahh, dreamy. He’s 28! Perfect! Too bad he’s taken. :cry:

Neil your back! Thank God! All these scary strangers were ganging up on me. :cry:
Or was that your evil alter ego?
Sue's Hybrid Intel Two Thousand.jpg
Sue's Hybrid Intel Two Thousand.jpg (49.41 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
Humm. They sure seemed to be in the know…

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:15 am

i'm 39 and i watched the series when it originally aired from 1982 to 1986
in glen larson we trust.