If you can cast Michael Knight, who would it be?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

The shadowy flight
Rookie

If you can cast Michael Knight, who would it be?

Post by The shadowy flight » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi,
if you got the chance to review all the actors out there, who would you cast as Michael Knight?

I have been strolling through the internet and have spotted, that some shots of Tom Welling do have a Michael Knight quality, which I didn't noticed first, because of seeing him play as CK in Smallville yet.
Have a look at those pics and compare to the Hoff pics then - well....?! :wink: :mrgreen:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: If you can cast Michael Knight, who would it be?

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:01 pm

He's already Superman, he can't be Michael Knight...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:23 pm

What about Michael Weatherly?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:11 pm

If they get anyone as cute as those two, I'll be happy. :mrgreen:
KITT: 请别叫我‘汽车’或是‘几只轮子’,我是奈特工业2000号!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:22 pm

I would say Michael Weatherly looks much better suited for the role. No offense to Tom Welling, but I honestly think he looks a bit goofy, even to play Superman. David Hasselhoff could have been considered a "pretty boy" in the '80s, but he was still masculine and old enough for audiences to believe he was capable of fighting crime. Whatever new actor is chosen to play the role should have the same qualities. Personally, I'd go with a relatively unknown actor, not unlike what they did with Hasselhoff at the time and Justin Bruening.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:43 am

Paul Walker or Mark Whalberg

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:58 pm

God no! Paul Walker or Marky Mark? You better be kidding, okay so he hasn't been Marky Mark in a very long time but still, he's just not right for it, especially in the look department. Paul Walker already has one movie (awful) series that involves cars, he doesn't need another.

Don't really like Weatherly that much though I haven't really seen him much since Dark Angel, Welling is okay but much of the time seems to come off as totally wooden.

They just need to find someone who's relatively unknown, good looking guy who's also a good, versatile actor who wouldn't look silly talking to a car.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:26 pm

What about Chris Evans from Fantastic Four? Just a thought.

I don't know if I'd pick Tom Welling, not because of his talent and looks, but because of him playing a younger Superman, and those who know me know that I am a supersticious type...Superman curse, anyone?

The Knight Rider Movie has already been delayed long enough, I don't think we need any more disasters happening to it.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:56 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:God no! Paul Walker or Marky Mark? You better be kidding, okay so he hasn't been Marky Mark in a very long time but still, he's just not right for it, especially in the look department. Paul Walker already has one movie (awful) series that involves cars, he doesn't need another.

Don't really like Weatherly that much though I haven't really seen him much since Dark Angel, Welling is okay but much of the time seems to come off as totally wooden.

They just need to find someone who's relatively unknown, good looking guy who's also a good, versatile actor who wouldn't look silly talking to a car.
Michael Weatherly is currently cast in NCIS, and I think he's a fantastic actor. Just food for thought.

CHiPsCCC
Stranger

Post by CHiPsCCC » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:21 pm

I definely agree with Tom Welling as a potential Michael Knight. If you watch Season 2 of Smallville he really can pull off the Michael Knight look. I can see a parallel between Tom Welling as the character of Clark Kent learning a new superpower for the first time to him playing Michael Knight and sitting in KITT for the first time, in awe, as Devin explains KITT's functions and purpose.

D.J.Knight
Stranger

Post by D.J.Knight » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:52 pm

please no to paul walker he would rice poor K.I.T.T. out. i think tom welling would be good in the role

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:56 am

tamatt27 wrote: Michael Weatherly is currently cast in NCIS, and I think he's a fantastic actor. Just food for thought.

Yeah, I know he is as I've seen the commercials on USA with him getting slapped in the back of the head. :mrgreen:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 am

i would have to say either mark whalberg or tom welling, if its more of a serious movie, cuz i mean look what they've done w/ the other tv shows turned into movies, dukes of hazzard, starsky and hutch, both comedies, so they might do that w/ this one, so if they did, i would have to say ashton kutcher, maybe johnny knoxville but he already did dukes. definately not paul walker though, he's a blonde, michael knight is dark haired like mark whalberg, tom welling, and ashton kutcher. or maybe even dane cook if its a comedy, but from the looks of it, i think its going to be a more serious movie, so i think i would go with either mark whalberg or tom welling. ive never seen that other guy before and in that picture, he looks blonde so thats a big no no

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:07 pm

The hugely over rated, unfunny and annoying joke thief Dane Cook? Ashton Kutcher? O_o Mark Whalberg? Compared to Hasselhoff he'd look like a midget since The Hoff is almost a foot taller than him.

I can't express just how glad I am none of us are in charge casting. Stick with a relative unknown who's a decent actor and has the right look, not only because a "big star" would over shadow in making it a *actor's name here* movie and everything else but it'll also save a lot of money.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Hypothetically I would go for Vince Vaughn. He has a lot of range and the height to match and he knows how to do comedy. He can also be serious and pull off the war vetran angle. Vince can also pull off David's curly hairstyle and make it work. The only thing missing is blue eyes.

Vince = 6' 5"
Hassellhoff = 6' 4" (1.93 m)

=VK=
:dash:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:52 am

yea but look at Justin Bruening, straight hair, plus i can't see Vince Vaughn in a serious role, i think Tom Welling would be perfect, i mean he's not all that well known, except for Smallville, and he has the height, the dark serious look, the dark hair that is kinda in between straight and curly, he's just got that Michael Knight look, and if u look at the third picture of him at the top of this page, he has Michael Knight and Mike Traceur's color scheme, the black leather jacket w/ the red shirt. plus it would be pretty cool him goin from having superpowers himself, to driving a car with superpowers, i've always thought KITT would be the perfect car for Clark Kent

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:09 am

i'd cast Tom Welling as well. he's just perfect for the role.

Vince vaughn is propably to expensive and too much of a big name, that would possibly overshadow michael knight. remember seann william scott playing bo duke in the dukes of hazard movie? i was always remembered of "american pie" or "dude, where's my car", which really distracted me and pulled me out of the movie.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:52 pm

Vince Vaughn sometimes has an annoying voice and always talks sarcastic so hopefully he can pull a serious attitude and not be a total jokester if wanting to have him as MK. Tom Welling is nice to have and looks perfect for the role.but I just heard that Mark Whalberg just landed a role in the Max Payne movie which is based on a video game.

Here is my list of some potential people:

Mark Whalberg
Tom Welling
Paul Walker
Christian Bale

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Out of those four I'd have to pick Welling even though he might be the weakest actor out of the bunch, two would cost too much and the other already has one car related film series to his name. At least Welling has a better look for it.

I'd still cast a relative unknown for the role. No curly permed look as today that'd just look too stupid.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:18 am

We've had discussions like that before about a Michael Knight role, and what amazed me is then that even before I've even seen a discussion of that sort, I thought Tom Welling would be perfect as Michael Knight. He does have that Michael Knight quality, and reminds me a lot of Hasselhoff. Maybe it's because the role he currently has is a similar sort of 'Don't worry, I'll find out who's doing this to you', so it comes out so easily. But yeah, that would be perfect casting.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:54 am

Jensen Ackles?

I can see the Hoff in him in "Supernatural"...

Waveride iNC
Volunteer

Post by Waveride iNC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:37 am

God no, not Welling...

I'd love to see a older cast as in their early 30's. I'm getting fed up of all these "pretty faces" cast from all these reboots and adaptations. If you rewatch the pilot episode of the original series, this has the potential to be a great movie.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Tom Welling turned 31 yesterday. Do you think Hasselhoff wasn't a "pretty face" when he was cast in the role?

Waveride iNC
Volunteer

Post by Waveride iNC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:08 pm

There's a difference between "pretty faces" bow and back then. Now they all look like wimps who stepped out of a teen magazine, back then, they actually looked and acted like real men. Welling can't act for 2 cents, sorry...

Waveride iNC
Volunteer

Post by Waveride iNC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:41 pm

How the heck do you edit a prior post?

This is what Knight Rider is all about and what made it great to me, these aspects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzHs6p3D2II