Knight Rider 2008

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

phantomphan
Stranger

Knight Rider 2008

Post by phantomphan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:47 pm

NBC,

Leave out the same sex relationship and focus on the story. We don't need to know about things we are forced to see everyday. Personally, I don't care who is shacking up with who. Just concentrate on the base story.

And don't make every car in the series a Ford. Paramount did this same thing with the Viper series. Every car was Chrysler.

Thank you,

Tom

SuperchargedGS
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider 2008

Post by SuperchargedGS » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:48 pm

AMEN

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Holy crap, Same sex relationships on screen... IT WAS ONLY 1 MINUTE. GET OVER IT. :roll:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:21 pm

phantomphan wrote: And don't make every car in the series a Ford. Paramount did this same thing with the Viper series. Every car was Chrysler.
They can't. Chrysler was invested in Viper so they supplied cars...even concept cars in the show. Ford is investing in Knight Rider, so of course they're going to advertise their vehicles. This is something that people need to get over, as it is most likely not going to change.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:29 pm

I also think those situations in the first 10 minutes were unnecessary. There's less blatant ways to get the same point across than what these writers chose to do. Just look at the original series. It wasn't needed.

No matter what demographic the producers are trying to target, I hope they understand that kids are going to want to tune in and watch this just like they did in the 80s.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:19 pm

yeah seriously that whole sex thing you mentioned lasted less then a minute. focus on the whole pilot not just that one part.
Ice rider coming 2009

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:23 am

Kids are going to learn what Homosexuals are eventually. So why even bother censoring it... If they dont learn it from the tv, they'll hear it from friends, school, etc...
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:46 am

I think that's one thing I loved about Team Knight Rider. They were given Ford cars to drive/use/trash. And...guess what. The writers stuck in mock lines about how "Found On Road Dead" sucked.

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 am

They could've cut the line about 'leaving a person you just met alone in your house', and the scene would have been fine. Let people draw their own conclusions.
Also, they didn't need the second girl in bed with Mike.
One would have been enough to get the point across.
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

SuperchargedGS
Volunteer

Post by SuperchargedGS » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:19 am

Why even show the other girl at all. they could have just shown her getting ready and not even zoom out far enough to show the other girl in the bed. There was just no need to even show that regardless if it was just a few seconds. Same goes with Mike and the two girls. You are right one girl would have been enough and have at least a night gown on.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Let's see what this does to your delicate sensibilities: the two girls with Mike at the beginning were prostitutes. There was a scene in the script with Mike paying them that had to be cut for budget. I think that validates the scene as it really shows Mike's state of mind at the beginning, but as I said in another post, they had to cut 10 minutes from the original script to make it shootable with the budget they had.

A lot of things would have made more sense with that 10 minutes included.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:Let's see what this does to your delicate sensibilities
:lol: The youth of America will be forever scarred.

The impression I got from the final product, however, was that Mike knew the girls for a while and was possibly seeing them regularly, because even Dylan knew their names and didn't appear to be utilizing their, uh...services.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:25 am

I don't have a problem with the social aspect of Ruvai's orientation - I think people are being overly sensitive and prudish about it.

However... the inclusion of it seemed very forced and didn't contribute to the plot.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 am

It's not so much that the concept bothered me, it didn't. But considering they didn't develop her character at ALL. It was pretty obvious that they stuck it in there to be 'edgy' or make a statement. And that was more of what bothered me. There was no purpose for it, except for them to feel cool.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:12 am

Can't disagree with that, her character seems to be rather stupid as well, either it was intentional (hey maybe she's a rookie, *cough*) or it was some bad writing...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am

With Ford, they did the same thing with 24. Pertty much all cars were Fords. I imagine they will do the same here-it seems to be how they operate. Did anyone notice that the large SUV that KITT collided with which was obviously a GM? The show blacked out the elblem. Predict this for the future.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:49 am

cloudkitt wrote:It's not so much that the concept bothered me, it didn't. But considering they didn't develop her character at ALL. It was pretty obvious that they stuck it in there to be 'edgy' or make a statement. And that was more of what bothered me. There was no purpose for it, except for them to feel cool.
Ah, but with a character with no development, she needed all the depth/background she could get, and showing that she was a lesbian did indeed do that to a small extent. Could there have been other ways to do it? Certainly, but this is what was presented and to me it does serve a purpose. It's just that the purpose is small, but not nonexistent, unlike what almost everybody is saying. I'm not disagreeing that it was probably stuck in there to be edgy, because it probably was. But even if that's true, what's wrong with a little edge? This isn't supposed to be an exact clone of how things were in the original series in the '80s. We get "squeaky clean" characters in the movie, too (Sarah and Charles), so in my opinion we get a wide range of characters.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:09 am

I wonder why all this upheaval over a same sex relationship anyway? If you read the interview with the interview with Tamiia Poitier she does state before the piolt aired that
"
KRO: So you mentioned love interests... Do you think your character has a love interest? Is there a possible love triangle with the characters?

POITIER: It's possible. Initially my character was a lesbian, and then I think they're planning on making her bi, so it kind of opens up the possibilities. So there could be something happening. At least that's what they said, but I couldn't tell if they were kidding or not. (laughs) So there's definitely a possibility. Nothing exists in the pilot. Mike's romantic interest is Sarah. So who knows what will happen down the line."

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:31 am

Where do you find prostitutes that look like that lol. I think if they had to stick the scene in with the prostitutes they could have atleast hired actors that look the part and not playboy bunnies.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:Where do you find prostitutes that look like that lol. I think if they had to stick the scene in with the prostitutes they could have atleast hired actors that look the part and not playboy bunnies.
If you spend the money you can sleep with women that look like that. Tracuer was a racer and seemed to spend his $$ freely, so he might have paid for some top ladies. You don't pick up women on the street corner that look that usually.