RC3 Gives his .02 Cents

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

RC3 Gives his .02 Cents

Post by neps » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:26 pm

In an exclusive to Knight Rider UK - Peter Parros, who we know better as RC3 - let a member of that site know his feelings on the movie.
Yes, I saw the new show. I thought the story was weak.
Read the entire message here:
http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/forum/in ... topic=6415

djshag69
Operative

Re: RC3 Gives his .02 Cents

Post by djshag69 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm

less then .02 cents if you as my opinion. someone seems bitter they arent getting anymore paychecks.
Ice rider coming 2009

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Gee, Peter, tell us how you REALLY feel? :D

Still, it's good to hear him comment about ANYTHING Knight Rider.

Joe

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 pm

djshag69 wrote:less then .02 cents if you as my opinion. someone seems bitter they arent getting anymore paychecks.
My thoughts exactly!
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:35 pm

It comes across that way sure, though each to their own opinions. Maybe if a series is made we will all find out what happened to the old flag and staff??

Nick

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:32 pm

At first glance it would appear that Peter Parros is bitter about not being contacted. But I don't think it's fair to say that as he was at least honest enough to admit that he was hoping to get a call.

A few things I think he's overlooking in his analysis is that Prometheus was explained by Carrie to be a system that controls all satellites and government security systems, or something to that effect. I'll have to watch the movie again to get the exact quote. Plus, it's meant to be a little mysterious because these are questions that are meant to be answered later. It needed some type of a storyline hook to have viewers return for answers.

Also, he commented on Mike's apartment and said it wasn't even cool. It's not supposed to be! The character isn't supposed to be likeable because of his out of control lifestyle. The idea is for him to grow on the audience by the end, hopefully; Justin even said this himself in an interview. All of Peter's other criticisms are valid, however.

By the way, I wonder what he thought of Knight Rider 2000 since he never got the call for that movie, either. If David Hasselhoff hated it, it definitely seems like Peter did, too.

If you guys thought Peter's opinion was harsh, I can only imagine what Victor Kros will have to say about it when he returns! :lol: :lol:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 pm

If they had asked him to be in it do you think he would have given it such a bad review? The guy is obviously bitter. Criticizing Mike Traceurs apartment? That's pathetic.

And I hate how all the haters continously complain about how this was a Ford commercial. Really? You dont think Pontiac had commercials during the original series?

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm

I think someone is a little hurt that he wasnt contacted to at least have a cameo in the movie.Kina reminds of Jack Nickelson getting upset at the producers of the new Batman movie,He actually expected to be the joker in the new batman movie.C'mon Jack.Who would have really bought that.Especially after seeing the performance Heath Ledger did.Getting back to Knight Rider I think they should concentrate on the new cast instead of trying to rehash the new show.David Hasselhoff being the exception of course.

ck37
Recruit

Post by ck37 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 pm

If you guys thought Peter's opinion was harsh, I can only imagine what Victor Kros will have to say about it when he returns!
Actually I read Victor's review on another board. It's extremely long but good. He liked more of it than most would think. Of course there are criticisms but the good and bad are equal.

Due to the announcement of his time away from here I'm hesitant to post the link out of respect for the moderators and Victor. If it is okay, I will post in a new topic.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 pm

ck37 wrote:Due to the announcement of his time away from here I'm hesitant to post the link out of respect for the moderators and Victor. If it is okay, I will post in a new topic.
His review is posted on Knight Registries:
http://knightregistries.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5094

If you have comments, you can respond in their forum.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Very fair, I agree with much of what VK said positive and negative though I think I might be a little more forgiving of the short comings after the initial shock wore off.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 pm

I think he tried too hard to come up with negatives. I just dont think most of the negatives were as horrible and troublesome as he made them seem.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:07 pm

It's a harsh thing to hear for sure, specially coming from a cast member like Peter. It might be driven by his lack of appearance, but I doubt that really - he's a professional. It's fair for him to think what he will.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:51 am

he is just jealous because he didn't get a part in the new show. i never liked his character in knight rider anyway.
in glen larson we trust.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 am

Look at it this way.. he's said nothing new that members here haven't already said.. he'll get over it..

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:14 am

Oh gee, why don't he bash Dylan Fass too while he's at it?
Maybe Dylan will become the "next RC III", and maybe that pissed him off... :P
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

ck37
Recruit

Post by ck37 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 am

I don't think he is upset about not being in it. I think that argument might be valid if the majority of the cast was back in the movie but that's not the case.

plus he was only on for one season right?

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:19 am

In my opinion the story was weak, I don't think that Parros is totally wrong. The Prometheus, the satellites network thing is sort of a cliché. Nevertheless the show has some interesting acting from Deanna Russo.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:29 am

i just sent peter a message saying "it looks like a carefully constructed train wreck" I am waiting on his response lol
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 am

I don't have a problem with Peter's opinion of the new movie. He didn't like it. So what?

He brought up a couple of points that echo what many fans have expressed right here in this forum. He also came right out and said he was disappointed they didn't ask him to appear at first, so I don't think you can write this off as just a result of him being upset he wasn't asked to participate in the pilot.

We also don't know what might be planned for the futures of the Devon/Bonnie/RC3 characters if it becomes a series...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:56 am

Crumbling Down wrote:i just sent peter a message saying "it looks like a carefully constructed train wreck" I am waiting on his response lol
I'm not sure Peter will even get the message on that board as one of the moderators pointed out that special guests like actors and production crew have special accounts for privacy, and so as not to be bombarded with requests or PMs.

Dalton
Recruit

Post by Dalton » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:52 pm

His opinion's a bit rich seeing as he was the Jar-Jar of the original KR. I do agree with some of his points though, but there's nothing that can't be fixed.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 pm

I could care less for what he has to say.Wasn't like his character was really complicated or necessary. He seems like he has a chip.Why,why,why would they ask him for a cameo for a insignificant character as his.I could see Bonnie making a cameo due to the importance of her character. David made a cameo because the producers knew how important it was for a (the)major character in the original for connection and to past the torch. Peter needs to get a grip but whatever he is entitled to his opinion even if it doesn't make sense.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I read VK comments on the pilot,and im left wondering when he became the official voice on everything Knight Rider. Sure he is involved with larsons film,but it feels like he regards himself as the voice of reason,like we have all been waiting on his verdict! I liked it,and nothing he could have said was gonna change that.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:31 pm

I was curious about his thoughts mainly to see if he would be biased with his outlook and if he'd give a fair review. After reading it I am convinced he was as fair and objective as he said he would be, which is nice. I didn't mind how long the review was; it's just that it seems like every single detail was brought up and discussed in great detail, so it's hard to really say anything much different that no one else has commented on.

What I'd really like to know, however, is what Glen himself thought of the Pilot and if his thoughts are basically exactly the same as Victor's.