Hasselfhoff says "I did it for you"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Valdez
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hasselfhoff says "I did it for you"

Post by Valdez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:13 pm

4. How about we just quit calling each other names and making fun of eachother, just because we all have different opinions on the old and new KR?

Now with that said, I never personally called anyone a name on here, so moderators, please give me a break..

The only thing CLOSE to name calling is what I said about my personal experience with my Mustang and other Mustang owners. A little different than calling a particular fan of KR on this site a name just because I don't agree with their opinion.

Also, I wish people would quit taking stabs at the old school KR fans just because they're passionate about a show from 20+ years ago. We are the fans that made all of this possible, why KR is so big, why there have been so many spin-offs and the reason there's even a new show and the remote possibility of a feature film to begin with. I've read some peoples posts on here and a few of the younger "fans" NEVER even watched the original show! I mean, it's GREAT the new show picked up a few new fans and opened their eyes to the world of KR, but don't come on here and make fun of the original or the people who LOVED the original either! I read the word "geezer" somewhere too. That's cute. I guess being 27 years old qualifies me as a "geezer" for loving Trans Ams and the classic episodes. Better go file for my pension before it's too late and I die of old age! :roll:

I come on here to discuss the original shows and to learn a little more about the spin-offs and movies that've been made over the years. I also re-registered to discuss my opinion and see what other fans felt about the new show. I know I came on here "spitting venom" but I was absolutely appalled by what I saw and I just wasn't a happy camper. So hopefully no one here hates me too much.
No one here is bashing the old KR fans, EVERYONE HERE is an original KR Fan. There were problems with the the new show and practically everyone has agreed with that. What we have a problem with is you being jerk in your manner of expressing your opinion. Calling mustang owners "douche bags", flaming others because they actually thought the mustang was a good choice, and being an overall *** to anyone who's opinion is different from yours. You have offended many people on this board new and old with your completely NEGATIVE attitude. You can not like the mustang just fine, you can not like the show too, no one is going to fault you for that. You expressed your opinion, but then you proceeded to post in every single thread, whether it had anything to do with the car of choice or not, saying how much you hated it and how the members of this board only accept it because it had "Knight Rider" in the title. :roll: Trying to make yourself out to be this nice, misunderstood guy is not going to work, everyone who's a regular of this board has seen your posts and insults you've made, they know better. You blatantly attacked people.

Back on Topic:

The Hoff did an excellent job I felt with the screen time he was given, it left things open for him to come back as a re-occurring character. I will agree he seemed a bit "stiff" in his delivery, but as I stated in a post in another thread, I think he was trying to convey the awkwardness of the moment. I think he pulled it off.
Last edited by Valdez on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 pm

I think he could of out ran the suv if he wanted too but that's not what he wanted to do. I don't get what everyone is complaining about the point was to get Charles back how could you do that if you drive a million miles a way. Mike wanted to disable the truck and apprehend the bad guys and recover Charles.

One point ws6I am glad you are starting to understand and I understand were your coming from but how do you disinfectant your term of us original fans being passionate and newer ones. I am older than you I grew up watching Knight rider as a little kid (7-10yrs old) I had everything Knight Rider as a Kid the talking car the plastic model the lunch box even a plastic KITT Knight Rider tri cycle. I was ans still passionate about the original ,I watch the original all the time on dvd. I support the new movie.I have also said that just because it says Knight Rider doesn't mean i have to like it. I don't like the other two attempts at the franchise but i like this one.I have given my reasons numerous times. I am a hard core Knight Rider fan ,it insults me that because i like the 2008 version automatically means that i am not.

Frank Knight you also think that riding around in a Trans am is what's best. News flash it's not and i am not going to get into why because it has been posted in a million other webs.
As far as this site selling out.You wrong,dead wrong. To me this is the best Knight Rider site to be a member of. The mods here worked relentlessly to bring us information and updates on all things Knight Rider.It just so happens this tv movie is on the fore front of the burner. Everyone is allowed and entitled to there opinion as even I have gotten out of control but at least the Mods here are fair and honest. Everyone will either love,hate or be some where in between but in the end we should respect everyone's love for Knight Rider here and say you are a more passionate fan than they are based on your opinion of the new KNight Rider,that's not fair or called for.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:15 pm

My apologies for contributing to the off-topic stuff before.

During the closing credits, did anyone else's heart skip a beat when they replayed the line "will I ever see you again?" and the voice-over said "Of course you will". I thought for a split-second they were going to announce that it was going to series. But then it just became a commercial to see The Hoff back in America's Got Talent. I definitely think we should watch AGT for any kind of tie-in with the new show.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight6000
Recruit

Post by Knight6000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:17 pm

I think Hoff should have a rold in the new series,not all the time mind you,but every once in a while.

Also,frank_knight,you have absolutly no right to say anyone who likes the new show isn't a true fan.

I'm gonna tell you the same way I told the Transformers fans that hate the live action movie,don't like it?Well don't watch it.Don't enter this forum and post hate mongering things about the show and it's fans.

Don't like the Mustang as KITT?Again don't watch the show.Watch your KR dvds and get your fill of TA KITT 2000.The times change dude,so there fore the show must adapt.Mustang is a hot car right now whether you like it or not.With TA and Firebird and Camaro out of the picture right now,Mustang owns the playing field,though in 2010 that will all change with the new Camaro.

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Frank Knight you also think that riding around in a Trans am is what's best. News flash it's not and i am not going to get into why because it has been posted in a million other webs.
As far as this site selling out.You wrong,dead wrong. To me this is the best Knight Rider site to be a member of. The mods here worked relentlessly to bring us information and updates on all things Knight Rider.It just so happens this tv movie is on the fore front of the burner. Everyone is allowed and entitled to there opinion as even I have gotten out of control but at least the Mods here are fair and honest. Everyone will either love,hate or be some where in between but in the end we should respect everyone's love for Knight Rider here and say you are a more passionate fan than they are based on your opinion of the new KNight Rider,that's not fair or called for.
Seconded.
Knight6000 wrote: Also,frank_knight,you have absolutly no right to say anyone who likes the new show isn't a true fan.

I'm gonna tell you the same way I told the Transformers fans that hate the live action movie,don't like it? Well don't watch it.Don't enter this forum and post hate mongering things about the show and it's fans.

Don't like the Mustang as KITT? Again don't watch the show. Watch your KR dvds and get your fill of TA KITT 2000.The times change dude, so there fore the show must adapt. Mustang is a hot car right now whether you like it or not. With TA and Firebird and Camaro out of the picture right now, Mustang owns the playing field, though in 2010 that will all change with the new Camaro.
Thirded.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Amir wrote:For the life of me, I can't understand the whole 'KITT can't outrun the SVU" nonsense. Obviously outrunning it wasn't what he was meant to do, was it?
Virtually everybody who has commented on the scene has seemed to overlook the fact that K.I.T.T.'s computer was not activated at the time Mike was chasing the SUV. The stick shift popped up, and the car was in a manual driving mode. Sarah explained that the nanotechnology and other functions become deactivated when the computer is shut down. This applied to the car's speed as well. Once the computer was reactivated, Mike was able to cut off the SUV and let it smash directly into K.I.T.T., unharmed.
To be fair, I think most people are referring to the original chase on the mountain road (which ended when the SUV nearly hit the semi).

It DID seem a bit odd to me that the chase lasted as long as it did. By all rights, KITT should have left them in the dust at Stanford.

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:32 pm

So when you guys get your mustang replicas its ok to ride in those? Why is it wrong to ride in my replica? Why am I being bashed on this site for driving a KITT replica now?
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:41 pm

frank_knight wrote:So when you guys get your mustang replicas its ok to ride in those? Why is it wrong to ride in my replica? Why am I being bashed on this site for driving a KITT replica now?
You totally took that out of context, they were refering to Tracer riding around in a T/A, not your replica. As our moderator pointed out, the T/A appearing in the new show as the main character is not going to happen, GM has all but ensured that the T/A is going to (unfortunately) remain dead.

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:44 pm

That doesnt sound like I'm being ridicules for driving in a TA??
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 pm

ckeller22 wrote:One point ws6, I am glad you are starting to understand and I understand were your coming from but how do you disinfectant your term of us original fans being passionate and newer ones. I am older than you I grew up watching Knight rider as a little kid (7-10yrs old) I had everything Knight Rider as a Kid the talking car the plastic model the lunch box even a plastic KITT Knight Rider tri cycle. I was ans still passionate about the original ,I watch the original all the time on dvd. I support the new movie.I have also said that just because it says Knight Rider doesn't mean i have to like it. I don't like the other two attempts at the franchise but i like this one.I have given my reasons numerous times. I am a hard core Knight Rider fan ,it insults me that because i like the 2008 version automatically means that i am not.
I too, grew up watching the show when it was new. Though I was only 2-6 years old when it was on, I still remember tuning in quite frequently no matter where I was at the day it was on. (my house, g-parents, etc.) I wanted that KR Big Wheel, but ended up getting the Dukes of Hazzard one for Christmas. :lol: My parents ended up buying a black/gold '82 T/A WS6 in '85, so that worked better for me anyway. Just wish mom never sold it. I had the Kenner voice car, the ERTL 1:64 die cast, that weird plastic orange key car thing,(where you put the key in the back of it and it shot off like a rocket) amognst other KR toys that have been lost (both in memory and literally). I had the Polaroid of me sitting in KITT back in '83-'84 (still trying to find that too). KITT/Knight Rider and that '82 Trans Am was a major part of my life in the '80s. I just got offended personally becuse I saw several of posters on here making fun of the 80s series and at least one of them DID say they never even watched it, but was still poking fun of it too. Said he never even heard of KR until recently and his grandpa told him about the original show. You have to admit there are some fans on here just willing to support just about anything KR related. If they ADORE TKR and KR2010, then their standards are pretty low, you have to admit. :lol: I just have a semi-soft spot for KR2000 because it was the epilogue to the series(at the time anyway) Plus when it originally aired, it was both the first time AND last time that I saw it again, until the Season 1 dvd was released. So I was pretty stoked to watch it again, finally. And I loved how they were sentimental about everything from the original KITT and the series. You have to admit, the scene where Devon dies and where they show him dreaming/remembering about when him and Micheal were toasting on the plane and the clips of KITT just cruising around were some of the best/meaningful clips ever in KR history. Call the majority of it crap, I really don't care, but you can't deny that it had it's good moments too.

I'm not even going to argue the Trans Am thing anymore. I love those cars and their isn't anything else like them on the road. Nothing. The Camaro is close, but no matter what year Trans Am you sit in, you can feel the heritage, you can feel the breeding. They all seem to have the same aura, the same mystique. I get the same feeling riding around or driving in my friends' '2nd gen T/A's or my other friends' 3rd gens as I do in my 2002. It's just there. It's just one of those things you wouldn't understand unless you own them. And if you did/do, and don't feel that way, then maybe it's not the car for you.

:kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:00 am

I was going to go OT and argue some more - but trolls will be trolls so I'm not going to even bother since it will just derail this thread further.

Anyhow, when it came to Hoff's appearance, two lines of his just made the fanboy in me super happy. The first was simple, his introduction of saying "I'm Michael Knight". I mean, just think about how long it's been since we've heard that line in the context of a Knight Rider adventure spoken by Hoff! It really struck a chord.

The other moment was the "One man can make a difference." line. To anyone that thinks that KR2008 doesn't acknowledge the old series or that the writers didn't pay attention to the old series, this proves them wrong IMO. Was KR about a guy and his car? Absolutely. But a large part of the "spirit" of the show was about the idea that one man (backed up by an extraordinary car I grant) can make a difference - and DID. Michael stressing "I was that man." really drives home that he was a hero for a long time.

I really look forward to potential appearances by him down the line.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:02 am

i think what the hoff means when he says i did it for you is that he went to the nbc ececutives and brought up the idea of bringing knight rider back for the fans. especially since the feature film has been delayed for so long and he was no longer a part of the feature film. because if memory serves me, hasselhoff was to be the executive producer of knight rider film before larson got involved, when the knight rider feature film was with revolution studios. and the feature film article when it was with revolution studios was about a souped up version of knight rider to appeal to the fast and furious crowd, and michael knight was suppose to hand the title over to his son, kind of similar to the nbc pilot! anyway i remember reading this kind of stuff on hasselhoffs website in 2004, does anybody else remember this? correct me if i'm wrong.
in glen larson we trust.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:53 am

Yes, knightprobe89, it's been talked about for years.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:15 pm

I got kinda excited at the end when they were in the semi...ohh wait TKR plane..except for that rat looking fellow all excited he got a job working with tracuer. the comic relief their should be great in later episodes.
thats the best quote ive ever heard, you are right!

that guy does look like a rat !
he also looks like an itallian pizza guy !

i do agree with some points as well. The pilot was rushed and the theme tune was crap.

but give it a series, maybe they can change things.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:10 pm

davejames wrote:To be fair, I think most people are referring to the original chase on the mountain road (which ended when the SUV nearly hit the semi).

It DID seem a bit odd to me that the chase lasted as long as it did. By all rights, KITT should have left them in the dust at Stanford.
You could be right. If that's the case, Sarah tells K.I.T.T. to outrun those guys and that's when K.I.T.T. states that his main program is the same as classic K.I.T.T.'s: the preservation of human life. So K.I.T.T. was purposely playing it safe on the winding road to avoid potential casualties.

As for leaving them in the dust back at Stanford, you're probably right. But if he did outrun the bad guys, we would've missed out on that entire chase sequence.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:25 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:My apologies for contributing to the off-topic stuff before.

During the closing credits, did anyone else's heart skip a beat when they replayed the line "will I ever see you again?" and the voice-over said "Of course you will". I thought for a split-second they were going to announce that it was going to series. But then it just became a commercial to see The Hoff back in America's Got Talent. I definitely think we should watch AGT for any kind of tie-in with the new show.
Yes, I know I certainly did. I had to shush my brother for a second cause I thought they were going to announce the series and I didn't want him to ruin the moment. But, since it was for America's Got Talent, my heart quickly sunk back into my chest and I was able to breath, albeit a little disappointed.

I hope he comes back for a story arc or two with the original KITT to help fight an old nemesis or new bad guy, either way. I would love to see more of the Hoff, but like others have said, this is the story about Mike and the KI3000 and I want to give them a chance to develop into characters we can love to watch just like we did with Michael, KITT, Devon, and Bonnie 25 years ago.