New KITT features that were missed....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New KITT features that were missed....

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:51 pm

I remember they were talking about all the new KITT features and some were not really interpreted in the TV movie, I guess they will come into play in the series, however here are some as follows:

-The Hologram imaging system that appears onto the windshield.
-The Keyboard that pulls out with all the devices weren't really used except the bluetooth type headpiece.

If there is anything else please feel free to add!

davejames
Rookie

Re: New KITT features that were missed....

Post by davejames » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:37 pm

Actually I'm glad they didn't use the windshield thing. It looked pretty cheesy and ridiculous in the 1991 movie.

As far as features that were missed... how about anything that DIDN'T involve morphing? I mean, it's a nice trick, but it's not exactly something you daydream about having your car do-- not like the ability to turbo boost or spray an oil slick or launch a grappling hook.

You know, the FUN stuff. :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:32 pm

The Missle Defense System and portable drone were things I thought were going to be included. I was also under the impression that the Knight 3000 would morph to look like other vehicles, not just different variations of the same vehicle.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:53 pm

What I'm curious about, is that there was a lot of talk about this new KR being inspired by the Transformers movie. So naturally I expected to see some kind of mechanical "transforming" effect used.

I admit I wasn't crazy about the idea, but in retrospect it probably would have been cooler than the morphing effect they used.

It makes me wonder if they had to change the FX for some reason, due to a lack of time perhaps....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:17 pm

Lost Knight wrote:The Missle Defense System and portable drone were things I thought were going to be included. I was also under the impression that the Knight 3000 would morph to look like other vehicles, not just different variations of the same vehicle.

Could you point me to the link that refers to the drone? If it's the Popular Mechanics article, that was partially a joke. KITT shouldn't need a drone, he's not the Defender from Viper. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:51 pm

davejames wrote:Actually I'm glad they didn't use the windshield thing. It looked pretty cheesy and ridiculous in the 1991 movie.
If done well i would love to see a feature like that used, the windscreen could have a night vision mode (a similar tech already exists so its not such a stretch. That and an infra-red display to see people hiding in and behind things.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 am

davejames wrote:What I'm curious about, is that there was a lot of talk about this new KR being inspired by the Transformers movie. So naturally I expected to see some kind of mechanical "transforming" effect used.
The "Transformers" idea was a quote taken out of context and all of the newspapers and magazines just ran with it. When we interviewed David Andron, the writer, he explained that he was the one who was inspired by Transformers. But not because of the physical robots. He was impressed with how they handled the relationship between Sam and Bumblebee. The audience cared about the human and automobile as characters. THAT'S the way Transformers inspired Knight Rider.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com