Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:21 pm

I am actually going to be purchasing a new 2008 Mustang GT within the next few weeks, it is getting built from the factory. And with this I decided on creating (hopefully the first) KITT replica for the Mustang. I spoke to a guy Pierre who created the light and is from Auto Indulgence. He explained about 2 months and they will create a more affordable scanner as well as the hood that can be purchased as a combo or seperatly.

He also told me the actual price for the Scanner from the TV Movie is $5900!

If you wish to get in line to have the first batch (just to reserve a spot, not neccesarily buy) you can email them at sales@autoi.com Just state you are interested in purchasing the Scanner Light and or Hood and when it is available they will send you info on it!

Here is the site:
http://shop.autoi.com/osb/showitem.cfm?Category=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is also a site to purchase the actual rims for the GT500KR made by Alcoa: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/L" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... Wheel.aspx

Thanks & Good Luck To All!

Joe

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks, Joe! You know my GF absolutely hates you now, right :lol:

Definitely keep us posted. I may grab a GT in a year or so since it looks like T/A is dead for good and GM is using the word hybrid in the same sentence as Camaro (and the silliness doesn't stop there so I may end up a full Ford convert yet). I still need about $8,000 worth of stuff (dash, steering wheel, pods, electronics, center console and I'm having all the interior plastic pieces leather wrapped and I need my hub caps redone) for my KI2000, but I figure the Mustang will make a good grocery getter till I can start moding it.

$6k for the light?!? Man, my buddy James made me my KI2K one in his garage for $50 in parts!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Good thing about the new Mustang for replica owners is that all they need is a hood with the light and rims. There's nothing else to customize!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm going for attack mode so I'll need the door thingies and headlight thingies and whatever else makes different from stock.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Well lets say you start off with a standard GT theres quite abit. Apart from the hood/scanner you'll need the GT500 bumper, the GT500KR wheels and whatever spoiler that comes with the KR package. None of the above is standard on the GT.

The SVT wheels (GT500KR only) don't sound like a cheap option either, plus the tyres to cover them. Can you get the GT500 bumper from suppliers?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:18 pm

You can pretty much get anything aftermarket. My KI2K came into life a Formula (basically just the spoiler was correct, the rest was added). I figure over time more options will become available, especially if we get a show.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:51 pm

the spoiler is actuall from an '08 V6 Pony Package Mustang

Lord Zedd
Volunteer

Post by Lord Zedd » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 am

What is your progress currently for your replica?

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:36 pm

KITT has 18" wheels so I don't know why they are selling only 20" wheels.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:KITT has 18" wheels so I don't know why they are selling only 20" wheels.
KITT has 20" wheels as does the GT500KR. They are not 18". The site selling these rims are exactly the same as the others. I have seen the car in person and clarified it.

Joe

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:29 am

the KITT has 20in wheels.

but let me clarify a couple of things:

Shelby GT-500 KR have the 18in Alcoa Wheels.

The only reason Shelby Performance Parts is selling 20in is because
the 18in are only for the KR, and it also has SHELBY GT500 KR engraved on the rim

the 20in Alcoa are techinally for the GT500 Supersnake, for which it has GT500 Supersnake engraved, but the SPP is selling the 20in Alcoa for regular cars that has SHELBY FORGED engraved in the rim.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Lord Zedd
Volunteer

Post by Lord Zedd » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:41 pm

This thread is kinda dead. I want to bring it back to life. But I'm wondering how someone from Europe can get his hands on a Ford Mustang GT500KR? I live in Belgium and I have no idea.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 pm

I've e-mailed them about the KR08 scanner and it possibly fitting into the '68 KR hood, since I'll be doing a quasi-KI3T replica with my '68 Mustang.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Lord Zedd wrote:This thread is kinda dead. I want to bring it back to life. But I'm wondering how someone from Europe can get his hands on a Ford Mustang GT500KR? I live in Belgium and I have no idea.
Well if u want a GT500KR should have $80,000+ in US Dollars 1st. KR are a limited production of 1500 made by Ford and Shelby.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:11 am

Hello everyone. I don't post on here very often but I have some tid bits for you on this topic.

I am a HUGE Mustang freak.. Some of you were talking about the wheels. The GT500KR wheels are
infact 20" SVT KR wheels The wheels that are supplied on K.I.T.T. are the 20" SVT wheels. But K.I.T.T.
is NOT a true GT500KR car. it is either a mocked up V6 or a GT. The real GT500 and the GT500KRs DO NOT
come with an automatic transmission. Now I have some real nice pics of me with a REAL GT500KR car and
let me tell you it is very nice. I own a 2006 Mustang GT with AT-Transmission but the crappy thing is it is
red with grey leather interior. :( But I am looking for a black on black GT with auto transmission.

Now if you wanna do a real good conversion this is what you would want to have. TRUST ME
To do it the cheap and easy way you would need a 2005 - 2008 Mustang V6 or GT your choice.
Black with either black interior or black with crimson red interor. Now the Black with crimson red
interior has red seats and red door panel inserts. you can go with all black interior and buy the red
door inserts and then just have the middle of the seats dyed red that would be easier..
Now the other important part is the dash panel.. There are 3 different accents to the dash panel on
these mustangs. 1 is the all satin black which is on your very base model and 2 is your satin silver which
I have in mine. and 3 is your carbon fiber look. Now the carbon fiber look is standard on all GT500 and KR
cars. optional on GT and V6. The good thing is you can buy the GT500 body kit complete from CJ pony parts
at http://www.cjponyparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for around $3500 but you need to ask to swap the hood for the KR hood. as for the
wheels I will post the link for the wheels when I find the link.
You do not want to buy a base V6 or GT mustang. as for they don't come with certain options that you would want.
The do not come with the Shaker 500/1000 sound system (1000 Not Avail. on V6 models) nor do they have
the My Color option. My Color is where you can change the dash lights to what ever color you want.

If you guys need more info just let me know..

P.S.
I also own a original K.I.T.T. replica as well..

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 am

just a correction fact, GT500KR comes with 18's not 20's , 20's are for the SuperSnake or the consumer who wishes to buy them from Shelby

18's are only for the KR
~Jay Leno

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 am

No man there 20's I saw them my self on a KR there 20's the 18's are on the GT500 not KR

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 am

No, no, no... what GT500KR meant was that the standard 500KR comes with 18" rims... the one revealed at the auto show awhile back and KITT are the only ones that have the 20" rims... they are NOT on the production model. The GT500 and the KR both come with 18" rims.

That's what he meant... I believe... correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to put words in your mouth...

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:52 am

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – Specifications and Design Highlights

• 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 producing an estimated 540-horsepower and 510 ft.-lbs. of torque
• Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Ford Racing performance exhaust system
• Unique performance suspension tuning: springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars
Shelby-designed ‘GT500KR’ 20-inch wheels (18-inch version for production)
• Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace
• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby ‘KR’ design
• Front brake cooling ducts
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
• 40th Anniversary badges on the front quarter panels
• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats
• Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate

Its still not :kitt2:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Taichi wrote:No, no, no... what GT500KR meant was that the standard 500KR comes with 18" rims... the one revealed at the auto show awhile back and KITT are the only ones that have the 20" rims... they are NOT on the production model. The GT500 and the KR both come with 18" rims.

That's what he meant... I believe... correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to put words in your mouth...
Yea that is what i meant...........KR comes with a Special Shelby Alcoa wheel and its 18in's. I know because also I looked a KR today at a Ford Dealer. On the other hand the Supersnake GT500 gets the 20in Special Shelby Alcoa wheels.

When the KR was debut at the Detriot Auto Show the prototype did have 20's but i think they want to 18's because it would be a special size since like i stated before the SuperSnake willl have the 20's also the consumer can buy the 20's through Shelby Autmotives. KR is a Special car you cant buy anything off the self for or from a KR. Lets say if u damaged a rim or the hood, you have to send the damage part in to get it exchanged.

Stock GT500 wheel

GT500 KR wheel

ShelbyAuto's website hasnt been updated since the debut of the KR. I hope it does soon because the 2010 GT500 has been un-covered for the public.

KITT does have 20's on the car.
~Jay Leno

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 pm

waiting on hood, wheels and my stripe kit. scanner is in the works from a familure source to us all and it is going to be better than original and will be 2 piece instead of four... :good:

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 pm

where u get the stripe kit from?

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:49 pm

I purchased my side ones from a guy on ebay...and i'm having the ones for hood ect custom cut to specs. Any good decal shop can do this for ya. Just get the measurements off of a KR from the dealership. Thats what i did...:)

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:00 pm

HOFFABE wrote:I purchased my side ones from a guy on ebay...and i'm having the ones for hood ect custom cut to specs. Any good decal shop can do this for ya. Just get the measurements off of a KR from the dealership. Thats what i did...:)
Hey man thats awesome! All youll need is the wheels & youll have probably the first KI3T replica out there! Post pics when finished please!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:11 pm

I seen a KI3T replica over at mustangforums pretty good looking but you would have one of the 1st GT500 KI3T replica i see

If i were u dude, get those stripes painted.
~Jay Leno