KITT should have been TRANS AM

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Drift-King
Volunteer

Re: KITT should have been TRANS AM

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Sweet, i yet see the Blackor Black RX or Kuuga, i have see Kabutos, Fairz, Den-O, Blade, just start to watch Hibki and Kiva.

MugsyGuer
Volunteer

Post by MugsyGuer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:03 am

Gm no longer makes the Trans AM. There is nothing at all the makers of the movie could do about that. Nothing. You can't make a car that doesn't exist anymore. In this day and age would it make any sense to bring back a car from the 80's and expect everyone to believe that it can keep up with the technology that just plain cars of today have? No way. Again there is nothing at all the makers of the movie could do. Their hands were tied there. So I wouldn't worry too much about it at all.

bwill314
Stranger

Post by bwill314 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:43 pm

KITT started out as a Trans Am and should always be one. Mustangs are ok, but it doesn't fit into the Knight Rider story very well. I mean, how can that Mustang throw people out of the T-Top when there isn't a T-Top offered.

Also, there is a lot of people talking stuff about how Mustang out sells the Trans-AM and how the Trans AM isn't produced anymore. Well KITT would look great as a 2002 Trans Am. Thats what they should use.

As a matter of fact, the 2002 Trans Am out performed all the 2002 Mustangs. Come to think of it...Throughout the 90's and 2000's the Trans Am out performed the Mustang on the street. The ONLY reason Mustang sales are better is because a Mustang was the only decent car offered by Ford. GM, on the other hand, offered many fast great cars Trans AM, GTO, Corvette, Camaro...etc.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:51 pm

HOW,HOW,HOW many times does it have to be explained. There is more to the production of a show than just going ok get the 2001 Trans AM. You need a car company to sponsor so you can get cars,the production wants a new car to show not a six year old car it is not cost productive for them to do that. Dukes of Hazzard did it because they had a huge budget with major backing. This back -door pilot(back door meaning very limited funds given to it) did not have that money they needed to get a car company to sponsor and provide automobiles out of all the options this was the best one. KITT once again was or never will be a Trans AM ,KITT was a Artificial intelligence(who was once used at the pentagon)who was placed into the body of a trans am. Originally they were going to use a Datsun for Knight RIder if they did what would many of you be saying about the Trans am now i think nothing.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:53 pm

I think this car is a good choice for KITT Image
The attack version looks too bulky, but this one is sleek and the best choice of all available and current cars.

I know, these are no arguments and I won't argue with you, because I could never change your mind. I just wanted to show these beautiful pictures again, can't get enough of it :)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Corvette is the only car I feel that would work, but since GM is busy dry-humping Transformers, go Ford!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 pm

How many times does it need to be said that the Corvette is a two seater? Just because there wasn't a point in the pilot where they needed the back seat, doesn't mean they won't in the series. The Camaro used in Transformers wasn't even the real car (just a fiberglass frame pretty much) but the model is locked up in the Transformers franchise.

But yeah, GM has no real love for Knight Rider.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 pm

OMG...How many times do we have to re-hash this does anyone on here really think they should use a 6 year old car.Knight rider was never about Kitt having to be a trans am.It just happened to be a trans Am.Does anyone get that with a series like this you really have to have the support of a car company like ford to supply you with some new cars.If GM really wanted to be a part of Knight Rider Im sure they could have tried to be a player in the sweepstakes to be the new KITT.lets not forget GM really didnt want anything to do with Knight Rider what makes anyone think this time would be any different.BTW....if GM wouldnt have dropped the ball and quit producing the camaro/trans am....well maybe they could have got in the game

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm gonna say this and tick off a whole bunch of TA fans ... The new KITT looks better than the old KITT ..

I used to love the old KITT in the 80's ! Those days have come and gone and you can't live in the past .. Some geezer suggested that they use a 2002 Trans Am , how stupid is that .. Use a 2002 car that is not even in production in 2008 .. Come on !

BTW the 2002 Trans Am is just plain ugly anyway .. It would be an insult to KITT .. KITT wears the new Shelby Shell Well and he looks magnificent ..

There I've said it .. Feel much better now ..

BTW - Garthe , awesome pics -- Have any more ?

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 am

darthknight72 wrote:OMG...How many times do we have to re-hash this does anyone on here really think they should use a 6 year old car.
KITT should've been a 2002 Trans Am WS6

rizvi wrote:I'm gonna say this and tick off a whole bunch of TA fans ... The new KITT looks better than the old KITT ..

I used to love the old KITT in the 80's ! Those days have come and gone and you can't live in the past .. Some geezer suggested that they use a 2002 Trans Am , how stupid is that .. Use a 2002 car that is not even in production in 2008 .. Come on !

BTW the 2002 Trans Am is just plain ugly anyway ..
Ditto what I said above. Thanks for the compliment rizvi. Here's my personal ugly car! :wink:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

fryedaddy
Volunteer

Post by fryedaddy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:50 am

I think the concept Camaro would have been nice, but since they used it in Transformers, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to use it, especially since they're basically steeling the CGI from the movie. The new Dodge Challenger also would have been nice, or even the new Nissan GT-R. But I'm ok with the 'stang

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:10 am

Can't agree with the statement that the 2002 Trans Am WS6 Ram-Air is ugly. Aggressive? Sure. Ugly? No way. However, I do have to agree with the points made that it is discontinued. The car of the future should not be a car of the past, despite the fact that the current Mustang has a 40-year-old design. Oh, well. Nothing we can do about that, so I learned to get over it a few months ago.

But, I still can't resist posting a few pictures of my personal car choices if I had my way. I don't care about the back seat issue; the first season is not even guaranteed yet, let alone even written. The writers can write scenes and situations around needing back-seat passengers easily. K.I.T.T.'s not supposed to be a damn caravan. Anyway, I still have to go with the Corvette and the Cadillac XLR-v. The XLR-v has class, sophistication, style, elegance, and a clean, slick look. William Daniels' voice would fit beautifully with the car. Here's a few pictures for the hell of it:

Want to argue that the Knight 3000 should be an entirely different vehicle than the Knight 2000? Well, if it's still using the same damn acronym, it only seems fitting that it should have a current body style that's the closest to the 3rd generation Firebird.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:15 am

Those are good choices.
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:29 am

I've been saying since the prospect of a theatrical film came about years ago that KITT should be a custom one-off (a'la Knight 4000); it just seems to be the simplest solution. However, that would be rather expensive and if a company is willing to throw cars at the studio (like GM did 25 years ago), that's the most cost effective route to go. If your going to use the 4th gen car, you may as well just use the 3rd gen one by that logic as well. Mustang and Corvette are the closest we have right now to an American muscle car, so it makes sense to me to use one if the other is not suitable.

I must have missed out on this back seat issue. It appeared to me that the 3000 didn't even have (or have much) back seats/space because of that fancy panel back there taking up a lot of room (I just assume that was added as I've never been in one of these newer models).
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

jbh142
Volunteer

Post by jbh142 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:02 am

JJSoCrazy wrote:
Drift-King wrote:New Camero are not ready for production until late 2009/early 2010, Mustang GT500 KR ( King of Road is available right now), This mustang look good in the pilot and you will fall in love with it when you are force to watch it for rest of your life.

There are many lines for Mustang GT ( about 20 to 30 models) = perfect for hide from badass people use shapeshift into Bullit model or GT-R or hard top or soft top convertible.

It is your own fault that you stop buy the Tran-Am or Firebird and make GM pull the lines for tran-am not Knight Rider or Ford's fault, Ford make more money than GM since they own Jaguar, Madza and shareholder to Aston Martin, etc.

I am not sure if Ford own Volkwagon or other german car company.

If you want to GM resurrect the Tran-Am lines, start to buy the company yourself and get someone design/build modern-retro of tran-am.

80s is Tran-am's Era.
08s is Mustang's Era and will rule the muscle car until 2010, like Nissan Skyline GTR R35 rule the import car now, Skyline GTR R35 own new Porsche 911 GT on Porsche's homeland and beat the record of Porsche set. ( i cannot wait to gloat at my cousin since he love german cars hehe.)

;P
-Wrong, the 2010 Camaro is going to be realeased early 2009!
-Ford doesn't own Volkswagon, VW owns itself, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley and Porche.
-There is a petition which I have signed going around about the Trans Am/Firebird return and a major post I made on a site called gminsidenews.com that I am a part of. If fellow members would like to check it out please feel free too!

Go to the thread that says "Is the pontiac firebird to return", notice I have the same user name and check out how many pages it has accumulated.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/foru ... y.php?f=60
I think I will make a petition to get rid of your petition.. All you Trans am people need to just getover it. Trans am and the camaro just could keep up with the mustang so GM had to dump it. I will admit the new camaro is nice but it still wont outsell the mustang. The Mustang is truly the all american muscle car period.

What I would like to see is a episode were Karr comes back as a Camaro and get owned lol... That would be great and a slap in the face from Ford to Chevy...

mynameisj
Stranger

Post by mynameisj » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Phoenix
Volunteer

Post by Phoenix » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:18 pm

jbh142 wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote:
Drift-King wrote:New Camero are not ready for production until late 2009/early 2010, Mustang GT500 KR ( King of Road is available right now), This mustang look good in the pilot and you will fall in love with it when you are force to watch it for rest of your life.

There are many lines for Mustang GT ( about 20 to 30 models) = perfect for hide from badass people use shapeshift into Bullit model or GT-R or hard top or soft top convertible.

It is your own fault that you stop buy the Tran-Am or Firebird and make GM pull the lines for tran-am not Knight Rider or Ford's fault, Ford make more money than GM since they own Jaguar, Madza and shareholder to Aston Martin, etc.

I am not sure if Ford own Volkwagon or other german car company.

If you want to GM resurrect the Tran-Am lines, start to buy the company yourself and get someone design/build modern-retro of tran-am.

80s is Tran-am's Era.
08s is Mustang's Era and will rule the muscle car until 2010, like Nissan Skyline GTR R35 rule the import car now, Skyline GTR R35 own new Porsche 911 GT on Porsche's homeland and beat the record of Porsche set. ( i cannot wait to gloat at my cousin since he love german cars hehe.)

;P
-Wrong, the 2010 Camaro is going to be realeased early 2009!
-Ford doesn't own Volkswagon, VW owns itself, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley and Porche.
-There is a petition which I have signed going around about the Trans Am/Firebird return and a major post I made on a site called gminsidenews.com that I am a part of. If fellow members would like to check it out please feel free too!

Go to the thread that says "Is the pontiac firebird to return", notice I have the same user name and check out how many pages it has accumulated.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/foru ... y.php?f=60
I think I will make a petition to get rid of your petition.. All you Trans am people need to just getover it. Trans am and the camaro just could keep up with the mustang so GM had to dump it. I will admit the new camaro is nice but it still wont outsell the mustang. The Mustang is truly the all american muscle car period.

What I would like to see is a episode were Karr comes back as a Camaro and get owned lol... That would be great and a slap in the face from Ford to Chevy...

There are two reasons why the Ford Mustang never died.

1. It STILL (after all these years ) looks like a Mustang

2. Affordable pony car

The reasons the Camaro and Trans-Am were killed off was because GM didn't this. I disagree about the new Camaro, I believe it will be a hit. It looks like a classic Camaro, and if GM offers an affordable V-6 Camaro, then the Mustang will have major competition. The same will happen with the Challenger when it arrives.

transam78
Stranger

Post by transam78 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:28 pm

HEY HE IS RIGHT TRANS AM ARE BETTER .IF THEY WANT A NEW CAR A LEAST WAIT TILL 2011 FOR THE NEW TRANS AM TRANS AM ARE BETTER THAN MUSTANGS ANYWAY :kittside:

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:45 pm

So let me get this straight,you rather wait over 1 year for the new camaro to come out.Now i know your a big trans am fan,and i really cant blame you for that but unforunately GM is not bringing the firebird back not now or ever according to Bob Lutz.GM doesnt even own the firebird Trans Am name anymore.Some of you you on here are not big ford fans but even you guys have to admit at least they didnt kill off the mustang unlike GM did with there counterparts,and this is coming from a guy that always loved the Camaro and Trans Am.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:07 pm

And the most important statement of this whole discussion was made by Lost Knight.

The car of the future SHOULDN'T be a car of the past.

The Trans-Am worked in it's day, but it's day is gone. This is a new age, a new series, a new car. Get over it!

Be thankful that we have some form of new Knight Rider, which, with a few adjustments, will hopefully continue along the lines of the original as a fun action adventure show, which might even be able to poke fun at itself every now and then like the original did.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Porsche owns VW now.
The Camaro is scheduled to be build late fall of this year if I'm not mistaken.
Ford doesn't make more money than GM....quite the opposite infact. Ford is, arguably, in the worst shape of the Big 3.
Get your facts straight Drift-King...
JJsoCrazy...I'm a fellow GMIer aswell. ;)
GM still owns the Firebird moniker...they had to pay royalties to use the Trans Am name however.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:42 am

tamatt27 wrote: GM still owns the Firebird moniker...they had to pay royalties to use the Trans Am name however.
- Pay royalties to who? Isn't Pontiac a division of GM? Or are you referring to if NBCU wants to use a "Trans Am" moniker in the new series?

=VK=
:dash:

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:41 am

The Trans Am name is a race and i believe is owned by the SCCA.So pontiac had to pay a fee for every car bearing the Trans Am name.Hope that clears up any confusion.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:20 pm

So pontiac had to pay a fee for every car bearing the Trans Am name
The special edition Firebird was named after the Trans-Am Series, the name was used without permission and the SCCA threatened to sue. But GM settled the deal by paying US $5 to the SCCA for every car sold, not every car bearing the name. 5 bucks isn't going to make or break the Trans Am. At least I wouldn't think so, it had much bigger problems like poor sales when compared to the mustang which outsold it almost EVERY year until the third gens.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:41 pm

Unfortunately for GM Mustang was outselling the Camaro and Firebird almost 2 to 1.That was the combined sales of the Camaro/Firebird vs the Mustang.This was 1 of the main reasons they quit making these cars after 2002.getting back on topic of Knight Rider and the mustang,I think if some of you would quit worrying about KITT not being a car that isnt even made anymore I think you would enjoy our favorite franchise a lot better.Lets face it,we may not like it but the Trans Am is dead and it doesnt look like it is ever coming back.