Knight 2000 Model - In Complete Form

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Drift-King
Volunteer

Re: Knight 2000 Model - In Complete Form

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:17 am

I think NBC are pleased with the rating and they can learn from this pilot and borrow some element from Old Knight Rider series.

I feel that KI2T is still alive somewhere. If he find the way back into his original tran am body or temporary replacement KI3T while KI3T program is kidnapped like the old KITT have put inside the portable tv monitor because someone take control of his body. It will be awesome if Micheal Knight and Mike in mustang with KI2T AI on a quest to save KI3T AI

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:13 am

Drift-King wrote:I think NBC are pleased with the rating and they can learn from this pilot and borrow some element from Old Knight Rider series.

I feel that KI2T is still alive somewhere. If he find the way back into his original tran am body or temporary replacement KI3T while KI3T program is kidnapped like the old KITT have put inside the portable tv monitor because someone take control of his body. It will be awesome if Micheal Knight and Mike in mustang with KI2T AI on a quest to save KI3T AI

That would be cool....cheesy, but cool.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:11 am

I feel like they do this with their movements:

http://shadowyflight.com/newnbc/pathway.jpg

I think the car being completely covered is a continuity error. They see the car with the tarp, and walk the whole length of it to the back of the car, and then walk down past the K2000 and I feel that the K3000 is off screen at the bottom.

At least according to their movements.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 am

Kaine wrote:
davidknightrider wrote:once the original KITT comes back on screen, it will own the mustang all over !!
this is only true for the fans of the old series. i assume that the KI2T won't come back before the new cast had a chance to consolidate so much that it can stand on its own.
the larger audience that isn't that affected by the old series won't get too crazy about a 26 year old car.
actually i think newer audiences who never even saw the original transam KITT would probably cream their pants if old KITT came on screen simultaneously with the new Mustang.

Imagine old KITT coming out in his sleek black transam with that fantastic dash!

i can guarentee it would drive the ratings up ! and would probably spark a new interest in the older transams.
Its no real surprise that the original KITT is the most replicated tv car ever.

It is just an awesome car.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 am

I hope if we get a new series we get to see more of the goodies that are in Charles Graiman's garage.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:45 pm

has anyone heard of when the show wil start? and if when i am looking forward to seeing it and seen more of that garage

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:03 pm

I think we will not see the garage for a while. If KITT AI are remove off tran-am shell and transfer into new netural pathway *not that old motherboard kitt ai use to live in* which increase the progress and power of ai to next level and give it a new name Prometheus (i think) or surf around nets and find a dangerous event about happen and takeover/shared the body with KI3T. Imagine ki2t control the steering/powers wheil KI3T control the nanotech/hacking etc. Then the computer/netural pathway will overload.

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:18 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Well, being that I'm into AI stuff, I could see where KITT's software could be updated and put into the new KITT. Maybe recoded a bit. But the essense of who KITT is - the personality, and maybe his memories of Micheal Knight and how he felt about him would have transferred over.

But thinking about it I think you're right because the new KITT would not be insisting he has no emotions if it were in fact the old KITT reconstructed (like in the episode with the acid pit). Because KITT was still himself - KITT. And this new KITT doesn't seem to have the memories and apparently character growth attached. It does seem like an entirely new machine starting from scratch.

And a great machine at that with LOADS of potential. :) I can't wait to see how this one evolves. :)
I completely agree with you here, the only thing missing here was William Daniels voice .. I am convinced that they updated KITTS CPU and transferred over everything to the new KITT ..

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Skav wrote:
Drift-King wrote:I think NBC are pleased with the rating and they can learn from this pilot and borrow some element from Old Knight Rider series.

That would be cool....cheesy, but cool.
FORD would not allow it .. I agree it would be cool !

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 pm

imho none of the T/A 2000's in the garage are KITT, KARR is possible but surely he would have been kept seperately under lock and key elsewhere (if still in one piece) Only being reactivated if escape was considered impossible, in the hopes of reprogramming him. Having said that i do like the theory that KI3T could be KARR's cpu rerogrammed as it would be interesting in that Michael Knight and KITT wouldn't fully trust KI3T once they found out this info. Plus it always leaves the exciting possibility that the original KARR AI is still around and could be installed elsewhere for a possible return

i would hope and assume that KITT is safe and well (and maybe partially downgraded, ie. no longer allowed access to senstive materials) with Michael Knight, who of course was not seen arriving or leaving the funeral leaving us in the hope KITT was with him.

I believe the T/A's are there for spare parts or the initial shell that was intended for KI3T. Now considering the timeline has moved along 25 years the 82 T/A would argueably be difficult to find in the KR 2008 universe so an alternatenew body/shell to aquire would be called for.

I also believe that KITT and KI3T are two seperate entities, perhaps KI3T has been built/based on KITT's programming but at base/default level which is why KI3T is not like KITT. I feel that the pilot has backed (at least in part) my theory in this matter since Jenny says "I still can't believe you built another one" rather than "I can't believe you rebuilt it"

Another thing occured to me about explaining the use of the Mustang and lack of the "Darth Vaders bathroom" look for the dash is that KI3T has now been designed to look like a regular everyday vehicle to the casual observer. It always made me chuckle that in the original series that no-one really seemed overly suprised by the futuristic dash, especially those just admiring his ride. The pilot also handed me a little backup regarding this theory too. The main bad guy mentioned the urban myth regarding Wilton Knight's supercar. So if criminals have some knowledge of it's existence then surely they have some knowledge of it being a black T/A and thus making a car change logical but alienating us old school KR fans in the process :|
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

chrisvillar
Stranger

Post by chrisvillar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 pm

I disagree. I believe that the original KITT is most definitely in the garage. We momentarily see KITT's "KNIGHT" license plate hanging sideways. This would be the only part that no other 2000 series car would share. Why would KITT's license plate be in the garage if KITT2000 or his remains weren't in the garage? If KITT is driving around with Micheal Knight, he would still have his plates. Even if the argument is made the surely over the last 25 years he would have gotten updated California plates, that wouldn't explain why Charles Graiman would need the originals. The only reason for that plate to be in the Graiman garage is if it's attached to original KITT's bumper.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Ford seems to think they have defeated their f-body foe so I would think they would have no problem with something that can't hurt them anymore appearing next to their new Mustang. If it drives up Trans Am sales, it's all secondary market profit that GM won't see a dime of. I think ratings will dictate the Trans Am's return. The old KITT could definitely bump the show out of a ratings slump if need be and I'm sure Ford wouldn't mind NBC using a dead car line to keep their Mustang commercial on the air.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Ford seems to think they have defeated their f-body foe so I would think they would have no problem with something that can't hurt them anymore appearing next to their new Mustang. If it drives up Trans Am sales, it's all secondary market profit that GM won't see a dime of. I think ratings will dictate the Trans Am's return. The old KITT could definitely bump the show out of a ratings slump if need be and I'm sure Ford wouldn't mind NBC using a dead car line to keep their Mustang commercial on the air.
i like your thinking :D

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:37 pm

I think May is when they annouce the new fall lineups. Hopefully the movie will draw a big audience again when it's replayed this Saturday.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

nbcknightrider
Stranger

Post by nbcknightrider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:17 pm

Mike K wrote:When would we all know about a new series??

Is it a real possibiltiy?
comes out this fall

OilSlick
Volunteer

Post by OilSlick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:26 pm

neps wrote:The writer/producers of this show said they ignored both TKR and Knight Rider 2000, so it's safe to call it negated.

Let's face it, they also ignored the original series when they wrote this movie.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:58 am

neps wrote

"I think the car being completely covered is a continuity error. They see the car with the tarp, and walk the whole length of it to the back of the car, and then walk down past the K2000 and I feel that the K3000 is off screen at the bottom".

I dont see that at all.

I see, bad dudes come in and walk by one car which has no hood, see old parts, walk to end of the same car and see the K3000.

The K3000 would have to be the car at the top and they dont go near the covered car or the K2000.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:53 am

Such ridiculous threads ive seen in the last few days, all this speculation.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:55 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote

"Such ridiculous threads ive seen in the last few days, all this speculation".

Ridiculous speculation that sparks imaginative civil debate is what forums like this are all about.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:Such ridiculous threads ive seen in the last few days, all this speculation.
We have little to no information on the future of the series, speculation is all we have :)

nr22
Stranger

Post by nr22 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi all - hope you are all well. Be easy on me as this is my first post.

I have been popping into this site fairly regularily since finding out about the new TV film. As I'm from the UK, I have not seen it yet (major bummer).

My thoughts on the spoilers and comments made thus far:

The New KITT.

I was quite taken back that they chose a Ford to portray the new car (thank god it was not a robin reliant). It does not seem sound as catchy or as good as saying - Trans-am. However, as I am a big fan of the original car, I was very spectacle on how this would turn out. From the spoiler's I have seen on this remake - sorry, continuation, I thought the Ford looked pretty cool. Or, put it another way, It did not take me long before I warmed to the idea. It does seem to fit in really well with today. I am very confident the new car will work, and a possible series would be successful.

The film itself.

Don't know? Have not seen it yet. Again - major bummer!

The original KITT.

If this is suppost to be a continuation, I know that if the original KITT was to make a cameo every now and then, it would definately keep the original sprirt alive and bump up the ratings.

From looking at these posts, I agree with what is being said. However, thinking about this logically, when the original version aired in the 80's, 90% of us were fairly young kid's, and massive fans. Now we've grown up a bit (some still with hair and some not - like me), only a small proportion stayed loyal, the rest grew out of it. So for this new version to succeed, it will be down to us and the newbies to make the difference. The newbies, or kids of today don't really know the original KITT like us, so any appearance would not be as exciting to them. This is why they have to get this new car right and perfect. I would personally love to see old and new working together in some kind of way, but for this to work, the original KITT would have to be a little slower than the new KITT, and the new KITT saying "hurry up" we've got bad guy's to catch. I think this way, it would please most fans - old and new.

Any ideas of when the DVD may get released, or if a DVD release is definate?

Take care all!!

nr22.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:02 pm

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt13 ... mplete.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;