The Hoff

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

OilSlick
Volunteer

The Hoff

Post by OilSlick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Is it just me, or has David Hasselhoff's acting gotten worse as he's gotten older. His part at the end of the movie seemed too overacted. I guess I can't blame him completely since his lines were kind-of cliché. "I'm Michael Knight...I am your father." Am I watching Return of the Jedi or Knight Rider?

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The Hoff

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Maybe because he was only in it for a whole 3 minutes, maybe he was just trying to make those few minutes count. :lol: Or maybe he didn't take his "role" that serious either..
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:20 pm

I LOVED his cameo.
I was afraid he was gonna come across as just being The Hoff..but he actually felt like he was Michael Knight.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:24 pm

The Hoff seems the same to me. It's not like he hasn't overacted in the original series. It's part of his whole appeal.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

scool
Stranger

Post by scool » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:47 pm

will michael knight starring in all episodes of the new knight rider? i mean will he a member of the cast or only for the pilot?

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:41 pm

His voice did sound a lot deeper than it used to though. Not a bad thing or anything but not quite what i expected Michael Knight's voice to sound like again, expecially having watched the pilot earlier in the day. But under the grief stricken circumstances, i can understand why his voice wouldn't sounds overly cheery.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:43 pm

I thought he was great. I bet he'll be recurring and not a full time cast member.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:04 pm

I think he did a good job of portraying a very awkward moment. I mean, what's he really going to say to the kid he left behind so many years ago? Given Tracer's standoffish nature, I think the scene, while cliche, was decently played. They didn't bond, they just came to a sort of mutual understanding. But maybe I'm the only one that saw it that way.
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:06 pm

It seemed to me he was fighting back emotion and wanting to hug his son, but thought a handshake would be a better icebreaker.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:31 pm

I have to say that i liked the scene too, the holding back and awkwardness was appropiate for the moment. The "one man can make a difference" moment may have been Cliche, but it was done with care and imho felt like he was offering his experience on the matter rather than simply force feeding Wilton Knights last words to appease fans, after all we were all wanting to hear it. :)
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"