did you like the nbc kr movie??

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Did you like the nbc kr movie?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 180

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: did you like the nbc kr movie??

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:49 am

Radicalas wrote:I can't edit my post anymore, so i add more in this post.

K3000 could reach Las Vegas (627miles) in 3h 17mins including all traffic handicaps (thats ~191MPH (~307KM/h). So i think K3000 maximum speed is 200MPH (~322KM/h). So K2000 without SPM is as fast as K3000. But K2000 with SPM (300MPH) is much faster than K3000 (200MPH).
you can only go as fast as the track allows it. since they were in the mointains at least as a starting point you have to consider that you can't go about 200mph there... which means the top speed of the Knight 3000 must be much higher to get an average of ~191mph

another example: formula one cars have a top speed of 320-350 km/h (depends on setup and track). the average speed in a race normally is around 180-210 km/h thanks to all the corners.

my point is: the way you did it you can calculate KITT's average speed, but you can't draw conclusions regarding KITT's top speed from this!

alan6271
Stranger

Post by alan6271 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:31 am

I couldn't agree more with you Seeker 78, It is a huge deal that it is American Made. If it was a foreign piece of !@#$ I wouldn't have gave the show the time of day.

Here's my thoughts.

Here's the problems I have with it:

1) The Mustang couldn't outrun the cross over or SUV but could cover over 600 miles in just over 3 hours.
2) The Lesbian scene in the beginning was inappropriate and gave nothing to the show. It was there just to push an agenda. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
3) The scene where Mike was in bed with two girls. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
4) The swearing. It didn't need to be there and has no business in a show like this.

Does NBC really need to take a classic TV show and mix there agenda into it and ruin it for todays younger generation?

If they would fix 2,3, and 4, the show would have been pretty good. I thought they did a good job with the tie ins to the original and I'm sure just as the original KITT evolved into what it was, this one will too. Episode one of KR, KITT didn't have much of a personality either. Just being honest.

BY THE WAY, THE TRANS AM WAS COOLER!!

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:45 am

Am I missing something??? The Mustang DID outrun the SUV! Then it turned and let the SUV crash into it.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 am

alan6271 wrote:I couldn't agree more with you Seeker 78, It is a huge deal that it is American Made. If it was a foreign piece of !@#$ I wouldn't have gave the show the time of day.

Here's my thoughts.

Here's the problems I have with it:

1) The Mustang couldn't outrun the cross over or SUV but could cover over 600 miles in just over 3 hours.
2) The Lesbian scene in the beginning was inappropriate and gave nothing to the show. It was there just to push an agenda. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
3) The scene where Mike was in bed with two girls. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
4) The swearing. It didn't need to be there and has no business in a show like this.

Does NBC really need to take a classic TV show and mix there agenda into it and ruin it for todays younger generation?

If they would fix 2,3, and 4, the show would have been pretty good. I thought they did a good job with the tie ins to the original and I'm sure just as the original KITT evolved into what it was, this one will too. Episode one of KR, KITT didn't have much of a personality either. Just being honest.

BY THE WAY, THE TRANS AM WAS COOLER!!
look, i can understand that you are very proud of yourself for having typed so many words in a row, but could you please stop posting the same text in every thread you can find?

thanks!

Hell_Rider
Stranger

Post by Hell_Rider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 am

I liked the Knight Rider T.V. Movie and I hope they decide to make the series. I loved the mustang, dont get me wrong I've always liked the T/A as a kid but the mustang really makes kitt more of a badass. :kitt:

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:49 pm

I think it'd be funny to see someone edit the film with the old Knight Rider commercial breaks thrown in and some of the old music tracks going over just to see what it would be like. I liked how they kept the cliffhanger commercials and even the frame freezing for it but the should've a newer version of the commercial break video. that would've been cool. Hope they do it in the series. I know there's a video somewhere on youtube of the mustang driving through the desert that could be used to create the breaks.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm

I agree Skav. To see KITT back out of the plane and then spin around and do a 180 - that's vintage Knight Rider. And it gave me chills.

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 pm

OH please Duster....That SUV was just cruising along, had it's victims and was hoping KITT would stop slamming into it, so it did and took off.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the movie

Howardkats
Stranger

Post by Howardkats » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:24 pm

Overall I thought the pilot was favorable. I liked 70% of it. I have been a Knight Rider fan since I was a small child. I still have my Kenner Talking Knight Rider Car. I have all the Knight Rider DVD sets, and to show how crazy I am, I hope to be able to build a replica (original series) KITT in the near future with my two sons who are currently 3 and 5 years old. My little boys love Knight Rider as much as I do. We watch the old shows on DVD quite often.

On the pilot: I liked the car, the new KITT is a sweet machine. I think Val Kilmer will do just fine. As I recall in the original series 2-hour pilot KITT was pretty dry and didn’t have much personality either. So if the series gets green lighted I am sure the new KITT will grow in personality as well. I think all the actors where fine except for the little weak guy who was Mike’s mechanic friend, don’t know what they will do with that character. I thought the pilot ran long for the amount of plot that was covered. It could have moved along much quicker. I thought there was way too many commercial breaks. Last time I checked network television would only have about 10 - 15 mins of commercials for a 1-hour show. I think the show with the commercials taken out was about an hour and 20 mins. 10 - 15 mins more worth of commercials - what is this syndication? The Ford commercials were totally lame. I like Fords just fine, but those commercials totally bit.

If the series is a go - I hope they tie in better to the original series. As far as I am concerned everyone could forget about KR2000 and TKR. They need to tie up loose ends for the fans as to what happened to Bonnie, Devon, the foundation. Why the original KITT car is in pieces in the garage. What Michael Knight is up to and doing these days. What happened to the foundation.
Michael Knight would have never allowed KITT to be dismantled or taken off line - they were pals!

The old KITT was better than the new KITT for the following reasons IMO.

1. Had a molecular bonded shell (virtually impregnable, whether KITT on or off)
2. Could Jump (had turbo boost)
3. More fuel efficient - never saw KITT refuel for anything
4. Better Powerplant sound (although the 5.4L V8 has a great exhaust note)

I don’t want to get into an argument on what is right and wrong and get into a debate over morals and ethics.

What I didn’t like was:

1. Mike shack in up with two chicks (did nothing for the plot, except to establish Mike’s immaturity, lack of dedication, and what his moral code is)

2. The Lesbian scene was un called for and unnecessary (could have been edited out and would not have even missed it)

Some of the positive attributes of the original series that I recall: I never saw Michael Knight in bed with any woman, only a few times did he hold a gun or even fire it. Michael Knight never carried a weapon. Michael Knight never used foul language. Michael Knight never intentionally set out to kill somebody wether they were evil or not. He was a hero, he was a role model. He was someone to aspire too. I hope the writers keep this perspective. I hate it when writers use sexual based or homosexual/lesbian themed scenes for shock value or to drive ratings. IMO, keep your alternative views and politics to your self. That’s a total turn off for me, that’s why I have given up long ago on ER and other shows. I don’t like it, I don’t agree with it, and I don’t need to watch it. I don’t hate people for living alternate life styles but I don’t agree with it and I don’t need alternative views pushed on me or my family. I am glad my boys did not watch this show. There little minds are very impressionable and I don’t want them exposed to things that are not right, or of good moral character right now. When they are older and have a better sense of right and wrong then they can watch whatever they want because they will be better educated to make choices as to what they view or watch or how they live.

There is not any good prime time shows that I am comfortable to watch with my boys. There is not enough family based entertainment being produced anymore. If it is not good enough for my boys to watch, then why is it acceptable for me to watch? I hope the new Knight Rider can strike a balance that will appeal to the old schools fans, children, adults, and all lifestyles.

One Man Can Make a Difference!

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:53 pm

I was surprised to See Glen A Larson as an executive producer. I thought the NBC pilot was against his wishes and he wanted nothing to do with it? sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. its hard keeping up with all the posts.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:59 pm

The old KITT was better than the new KITT for the following reasons IMO.

1. Had a molecular bonded shell (virtually impregnable, whether KITT on or off)
4. Better Power plant sound (although the 5.4L V8 has a great exhaust note)

OK
1-How many times did we see KITT destroyed,There were faults exploited to the MBS as well
2-This is a pilot you saw KITT over 4 seasons you don't know what the Knight 3000 can fully do yet,maybe it will surprise if it goes to series and turbo boost
3-Watch your dvd's again in several episodes that Michael stopped and gassed up KITT. One was when Michael pulled the license plate down to reveal the gas cap as a cruddy attendant tried to pop KITT's tire.
4-I have to decline with the actual sound ,the shelby sounds more powerful and if you listen you can hear when it takes off it has the old Knight Rider jet sound.

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 pm

It's my guess that Glenn Larson had no other choice but to produce it......getting low on funds and opportunities. That's Hollywood for ya.

KR was to be sequaled along time ago but they screwed up making it too fake. Now, it's for FORD and how they want to sell it.

acor
Volunteer

Post by acor » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:53 pm

I've just watched it on dvd (living in Europe, I've had to use 'different ways' to see it :wink: ) and I love it. See it as what it is meant to be: a continuation of the original series. Star Trek: TNG anyone?

This pilot has a whole lot of potential to tap into the original series. Many questions have been asked, many more will come if the series will see daylight. So, many questions to be answered. If handeled right, this could be a potential winner. This is an excellent updated version of the series I love and grew up with. I like it.

Don't compare this to a mythologie thas has been around for so long. Give it time to grow. I'm watching the pilot of the original series again tomorrow. I would advise everyone to do the same. Just look at what was different then compared to the series. KITT wasn't the car he was at the end of the show.

To me, the real Knight Rider will always be Michael Knight and the Knight Industries Two Thousand :kitt2: , but this movie has given me an apetite for more 'new' Knight Rider.

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 pm

I really enjoyed the movie. I was dead set against KITT being a Mustang when news broke of the new movie, and I was wrong. KITT was bad ass, and the Mustang is the best car in production (sans the Z06) to fit the role. I think the producers should tame bedroom scenes down for children, because KR was meant for all ages. I don't have a problem with homosexual reference, as this is reality and common place in society. However, the scenes could have been more tasteful. They were obviously added for shock value. Besides that, I thought it was pretty good. I require more explaination as to what happened to KI2000, and why Michael is a dead beat dad. Ford could have spared a few commercial breaks in favor of added screen time. Way too many commercials, especially from Ford. They pimped the show, but at least it was good. Can't wait till fall.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:55 pm

It was a lot better than I thought it would be and I'm surprised to find I quite like the car though at the end I did feel like we hadn't seen enough of its functions. I realise that this gives more scope during the series should it get picked it (and I sincerely hope it does). I actually liked the car :o

After seeing the special guest star credit early on, it did leave me waiting a long time until Michael made an appearance, and I like the way they linked back to the original series in that. I also liked the way they seemed to be in a truck with a much bigger interior like in the Knight truck, but then revealed it was actually an aircraft.
The nanotechnology did appear a little odd and weaker than the orignial MBS in that it can be switched off, though I guess even the original could be neutralised, and nanotechnology does provide something to wow new fans.

I would wonder which characters would be used in any series, as there did feel a little of Team Knight Rider at the end, with Mike, Charles, Sarah, Carrie and Mike's housemate, although Mike did drove off with KITT alone.

Overall, I was very pleased with it and hope it gets a series :D

IceSage
Volunteer

Post by IceSage » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:00 pm

they didn't even show a glimpse of the guages, there could have been more stunts, i was expecting kitt to come to the rescue and crash into the motel and save mike and sarah when the bad guys were after them.
Actually, they did show a glimpse of the gauges. You didn't see the full dash but there are separate gauges in the car, not just the one monitor. I don't know how many more stunts you can put into a 2 hour movie (Actually, it was 1h:20m long without commercials.) We had the racing scene, the huge car crash... And the pursuit scene. I'm not sure how much more you can put into the 1h:20m special without totally degrading the plot. Also, be reasonable... If you were trying to sneak out of a motel with people... Would you really have KITT crash through the buildings? That makes no sense. The people were scattered through 3 different rooms, and Mike was trying to access a room of his own. So, you'd have KITT, crashing through Charles Graiman's room... perhaps harming him in the process... Whilst drawing attention to that particular cabin, and having the 3 gunmen wildly shoot at all people there, perhaps getting them all killed and/or injured. Although, I also think that the lack of seeing some of KITTs features like crashing into walls, would be a great thing to keep you watching for the new series.

Bad points:
- "Attack" KITT looks stupid.
I believe there were some modes that the previous KITT had that were pretty repulsive as well. Although, that's changeable within the series if it ever gets picked up.
- KITT isn't aerodynamic. (they could of made the Mustang more aero)
It supposedly is aerodynamic, it's just not pointy. They showed during the TV-movie that it's suppose to be somehow... aerodynamic during a particular scene.
- No really cool burnouts.
Burn-outs are cool. But... wouldn't the lack of burnouts prove that the tires are superior? If I remember correctly, when KITT used to burn out... he'd leave tire tracks and skid in one place while taking off in multiple scenes.
- No crazy stunts by KITT.
Car chases, the curves he did... and having a car smash into you at high-speed isn't a crazy stunt?[
- MBS is better than the self-healing.
Not really it isn't. At first I was disappointed as well, then I thought about it. The original KITT could be trashed, and damaged... and was quite frequently. The nano-technology is superior in the fact that it can self-heal itself. Although, the drawback to it is that you'd have to chose between MBS or the nano-technology. If just the MBS was on it KITT most likely wouldn't be able to shapeshift. (Made-up sciences, I guess.) Also, that leaves the possibility of the fact that the car isn't "immortal" in a sense... Which is the same for the original KITT. The original KITT wasn't exactly 100% non-damageable. This new KITT, with it's self-healing... seems like it IS 100% non-damageable... so there would naturally have to be a catch. Also keep in mind that the car was incomplete and that it's very unlikely for the car to ever be "hacked" again.
- Bad morals by the FBI woman and Mike doesn't need to be included.
I'm afraid it does. The point of Knight Rider is, and always has been... to point out that the world is corrupt, immoral. It was to show the world the way it is, in all it's differences. In fact, that's the very SOUL of what Knight Rider is... Which is why the concept of "One man can make a difference" is very important. The original Michael Knight was like that as well in a way... Constantly having different girlfriends, always kissing all these girls. That was pretty bad boyish and wild back in the day. Michael Knight was suppose to be a "wild guy" although thinking back the show is pretty tame. Also, Mike Tracer and Michael Knight are NOT the same people. The show would be very boring and very regurgitated if we had the same type of guy... going on the same type of missions with the same type of car... Just like the old series.
- Steering wheel looked kind of cheap. (it needed the Knight logo)
It most likely will get a Knight logo. Keep in mind though as we find out... the Foundation for Law and Government and the "Knight" foundation doesn't exist anymore.
- KITT's display was not next gen. (they should of used holographics)
They want to be as realistic as possible, just like the original Knight Rider sort of was... (Even though it did have a lot of things in it that just weren't possible for the time.) Holographic displays aren't realistic. We don't have them. In fact, remember Knight Rider 2000? No... no no no. It would be too much like KR2000.
- Val Kilmer's voice didn't fit very well.
He was a last minute choice I believe due to who they had in mind (Will Arnett) was not allowed to do it due to a request from General Motors. This happened just two weeks before the show aired on February 17th.
- Deanna Russo needs acting lessons.
No argument here.
- Camera was too close up sometimes. (Hey, I didn't like it in the Bourne movies, either!)
If I remember correctly that's the same for the original Knight Rider... A lot of closeups.
- No mention of what Michael Knight has been up to all these years. (Why didn't he go back to Jenny & son?)
Leaves it open for a TV-series! Also, maybe the writers just don't know right now.
- Where is the KI2000 AI? (Does it still exist somewhere or is it in the KI3000, which I don't think it is)
I don't see how this is bad either. It's content if the show ever gets picked up.
- The SUV crash didn't move KITT. (Let's not ignore some basic physics!)
It did move. You most likely missed it because it was going so fast. If you don't believe me re-watch it or I can post a small snippet showing that scene over again.
KITT says, that at maximum speed he'll reach Las Vegas in 3h 17min, and when Sarah says, that it's 600miles, KITT corrects, that it's 627miles, so:

627miles - 3h 17m (197mins)
Xmiles - 1h (60mins)

X = (627 * 60) / 197 = 37620 / 197 = ~190,964MPH (~307KM/h).

So it's not that fast. As I remmember, K2000 could reach 200MPH without SPM, and 300MPH with SPM. So K2000 even without SPM was faster than K3000.
As I remmmmmmmmmmmember they were going through traffic and/or several turns. They didn't exactly specify how fast the car could actually go... those calculations were just for that particular trip. In the original Knight Rider series, Michael basically just drove KITT through deserts and stuff... which is a clear path, without any curves. Also, note that KI3000 wasn't complete.
4. Better Powerplant sound (although the 5.4L V8 has a great exhaust note)
This one can turbo boost and jump. We just don't see it happen, unfortunately. Fans should just be optimistic and hope it does turbo boost... or else that wouldn't make Knight Rider was it is.

And my response to the other two were covered already:
3-Watch your dvd's again in several episodes that Michael stopped and gassed up KITT. One was when Michael pulled the license plate down to reveal the gas cap as a cruddy attendant tried to pop KITT's tire.
Additionally... That wouldn't be much of a series. Seeing Michael Knight GAS UP KITT every episode. The only reason why it was mentioned in the TV-Movie pilot that KI3000 needed gas was to explain the design of KITT to Mike Tracer.
4-I have to decline with the actual sound ,the shelby sounds more powerful and if you listen you can hear when it takes off it has the old Knight Rider jet sound.
Some of the positive attributes of the original series that I recall: I never saw Michael Knight in bed with any woman,
You don't actually see him in the bed, no. Also, for the time period, you're correct. You wouldn't exactly show that on TV. But yes, there are a couple of episodes where Michael is in bed with a woman.

only a few times did he hold a gun or even fire it. Michael Knight never carried a weapon.
Neither does Mike Tracer. Mike Tracer took the bad guys weapon from them. The only time Mike Tracer fired it was after his mother was basically just shot in front of his eyes. I'd most likely at least point a weapon at my mothers killer. Also, Michael Knight (As Michael Long) used to be a cop. You don't think he ever carried a firearm?
Michael Knight never used foul language.
Yep. But I don't really recall Mike Tracer swearing in the new series either, so it must not have been too extreme. Wasn't even noticeable.
Michael Knight never intentionally set out to kill somebody wether they were evil or not. He was a hero, he was a role model. He was someone to aspire too.
Maybe he will be. Maybe he'll change his ways. But he is NOT his father, he is NOT Michael Knight. Perhaps watching the series and the relationship between KITT and Mike will have them both grow together... for the better. Perhaps KITT the voice of reason... As in the original Knight Rider, Michael was more or less educating KITT on humanity. Perhaps this KITT will educate him on humanity in an appropriate, logical matter.
I hate it when writers use sexual based or homosexual/lesbian themed scenes for shock value or to drive ratings. IMO, keep your alternative views and politics to your self. That’s a total turn off for me, that’s why I have given up long ago on ER and other shows. I don’t like it, I don’t agree with it, and I don’t need to watch it.
Again, I must state. That it did have a purpose and was not for shock value or ratings at all. The two girls in bed showed that Mike Tracer was not Michael Knight. Mike Tracer could not stick to one woman and had no moral values. The situation with the money... again, Mike Tracer lacks moral values. The girlfriend in bed with the FBI agent... That's just to show that the FBI agent happened to either be Bi, or a lesbian, and simply did not like guys.
I don’t hate people for living alternate life styles but I don’t agree with it and I don’t need alternative views pushed on me or my family.
However, it's a part of the world. It's how the world is. Ignoring it isn't going to change anything. You obviously have a problem with it. However, I must repeat as I did in another post... That the world is like this. IT IS LIKE THIS. TV is not magical happy-land... at least, not with Knight Rider. This is to show what the world is, and what the original Knight Rider was like as well. It was always to show that the world is corrupt, or has some corrupt values in it. It's mentioned in the last scene when they're in the limo. This is the sole basis on the optimistic side of "one man can make a difference." If the world was MAGICAL FLUFFY FAKE LAND in Knight Rider. There wouldn't be any real depth to the show, nothing for Mike Tracer to "change" or make a difference to.
I am glad my boys did not watch this show. There little minds are very impressionable and I don’t want them exposed to things that are not right, or of good moral character right now. When they are older and have a better sense of right and wrong then they can watch whatever they want because they will be better educated to make choices as to what they view or watch or how they live.
It's only your opinion that choosing who you like in life be it male or female is "not of good moral character." You're right though, that their choice later on in life should be decided at a later point. Although, nothing was actually said or DONE that said that the woman was bisexual or a lesbian. You just assume so because your understanding of the world recognizes that a woman being in bed, seeing another woman saying "She just met her" and "is it alright to leave someone you just met in an apartment" only is apparent to those who understand it. I highly doubt your boys would've understood that scene, nor would they have asked any questions. However, if the women were in bed TOGETHER that would be different. But that's not what the scene was. It wasn't blatantly apparent. A child mind sees that scene and think that they're friends. It's YOUR mind, being an adult, that automatically cliques the picture through.

And the scene with two women in Mike Tracers room... You're right, it can be considered bad moral values. But nothing is said in that scene that tells children "Alright boys... find as many women as possible and sleep with them in the same bed!" Again, it's implied.

KITT asking if Mike Tracer is gay or not... Well, KITT was just curious. Mike didn't want to persue a relationship with that particular girl... KITT believes that once you find someone you'd most likely stick with them. The only other 2 reasons for not being with her that are logical is that he "Must be gay" or "Has another girlfriend."

If your kids don't know about gay people right now they may end up confused later on in life you if simply avoid the subject. Becoming offended at the dialog of asking if someone is gay or seeing someone that might possibly be gay shouldn't be considered inappropriate to show on television. However, if Mike Tracer went into a dialog with KITT discussing the moral values of it... or if you saw a flaming homosexual making out with other guys during the TV-pilot, then yes... that would be absolutely inappropriate and unnecessary to show.
Last edited by IceSage on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 pm

IceSage wrote:
they didn't even show a glimpse of the guages, there could have been more stunts, i was expecting kitt to come to the rescue and crash into the motel and save mike and sarah when the bad guys were after them.
Actually, they did show a glimpse of the gauges. You didn't see the full dash but there are separate gauges in the car, not just the one monitor.

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

IceSage
Volunteer

Post by IceSage » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
IceSage wrote:
Actually, they did show a glimpse of the gauges. You didn't see the full dash but there are separate gauges in the car, not just the one monitor.
--Images--
I meant the WHOLE dash. Unless... that's it to the car, than that's pretty pathetic for a KITT car.

IceSage
Volunteer

Post by IceSage » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm

I apologize for not spelling Traceur correctly. Just noticed that. >_<

Apparently edits expire after a certain amount of time on these forums so sorry about the mis-spelling and the double-post.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 pm

IceSage wrote:I meant the WHOLE dash. Unless... that's it to the car, than that's pretty pathetic for a KITT car.
The last picture looks like the whole dash to me. :?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MugsyGuer
Volunteer

Post by MugsyGuer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Blazing wrote:I loved it, and becouse of some specific facts:
1. The Knight Rider 2000 and TKR universe totaly cut out!
2. Simple plot, only 2 KITT's were officialy made
3. Good references to the old KITT
4. The Hoff made his appearance :D
5. Justin Bruening = Good Choice!

I realy liked this movie and beside the facts I enlisted above, it is a DIRECT sequel!
Altough now it raises many questions:
1. How long did Michael work with the original KITT until he was dismantled?
2. What happened to Devon, Bonnie etc?

Hopefully these questions will be answered in the series (which I hope will happen)
I could be wrong, but in the last Knight Rider Movie in the 1990's wasn't it said that Devon died? Or I now that I am thinking about it, didn't he die during the movie?? I could be totally wrong about that.

Sadly however Edward Mulhare who played Devon passed away in 1997. I really liked him. I always found him so handsome for an older man too. I loved the relationship that Michael and Devon had as well.

IceSage
Volunteer

Post by IceSage » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
IceSage wrote:I meant the WHOLE dash. Unless... that's it to the car, than that's pretty pathetic for a KITT car.
The last picture looks like the whole dash to me. :?
Then the new KITT looks pretty sad. He needs more buttons and a couple of monitors on the right side of the car or SOMETHING.

Although, there are a lot of hidden compartments in the car to store misc. technology.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I adored the plane in the movie. I'm not sure why everyone hates it. Why do you hate the plane? So... it's not the truck... There will most likely be a truck in the Knight Rider series. However, I thought the plane was pretty cool. No longer will KITT have to drive half way across the country on missions. This way... any state in the country, or anywhere in the world... is a possible location for a Knight Rider episode!

However, they wont STICK with the plane. You can't exactly put the plane on the road like the classic truck could.

nightwheel
Volunteer

Post by nightwheel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Heck yea, I liked the movie.

djrobertson2007
Stranger

Post by djrobertson2007 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:07 pm

I really think this show was better than the old one.

Mikey b
Stranger

Post by Mikey b » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 pm

At first i thought it would be predictable and stupid! I was right!! GOD! I felt like i went back into time and nothing has changed, why i ask? It sucked, it was gently remade with gay inserts to bring it up to date and that in itself was a mistake, we get it ok? There are gay people among us!! LET IT GO!! Let me list the crap that cant be accepted...
1. A car that can see people in a building and know without GPS where they are and what they are wearing. DUH!!
2. The car talks to the obviously spanking hot chick about her feelings, i though Kitt was going to take her out to dinner and get it on!!!
3. This car traveled down a road without any other cars in its way, boy, can i move there? i hate traffic too...
4. Kitt talked to the bimbo through a portable phone device and the sound was exactly the same as when she was in the car.. Hows that possible?? DUMB!! Kitts voice stayed the same throughout the whole movie, no sound diff!!
5. DId David H. throw up on the set? No wonder why he's been drinking lately, i would to after seeing this pilot...
6. This amazing car can do all these wonderful things like link to sattlelights, pull up peoples profiles, scann areas and know whats around it and when they are carrying weapons, but this amazing piece of crap diddnt have a firewall and had to shut down right when it was needed the most. YOU FORGOT THE DAMN FIRWALL? YOU GOOB!!
7. After the new Michaels mom died in his arms, he just starred at her, i would have cried, screamed, totaly freaked out and put some mideavle *?$# on someone quickly, oh, and i wouldnt have left her there thats for sure.
Theres allot more of rediculous moments that i cant even remember, i think i passed out.. This series wont make it for sure. It sucks!!