Anyone Else?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.A.N
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anyone Else?

Post by K.I.A.N » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:03 pm

I feel like I'm the only one here who likes the new KR. Is there anyone else who actually liked it despite its shortcomings? :|
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

darthknight72
Recruit

Re: Anyone Else?

Post by darthknight72 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:10 pm

I think a lot of us really liked it,but for some reason some people on here just want to tear everything about the new movie apart.I for one thought it was fantastic,I guess some people on here wouldnt be happy unless the HOFF was driving a '82 trans am.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:24 am

I loved it and really don't see any shortcomings. That's better than the way I felt when the original pilot aired, believe it or not! I ended up loving the original so I am sure I'll love the new series.

Good to see you back! :)

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:38 am

I've rewatched it twice, partly to catch things I missed the first time and party to get a feel of how it holds up in repeat viewings. I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed it more upon each viewing. You're not the only one, it's just that the critics are a bit louder than those who are content.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 am

Good to see you back KIAN!

I'm finding myself enjoy it more and more - now in the middle of my third viewing.

I think people need to realize that we had 82 episodes of the original - we can't be such harsh judges from just an hour and a half of this one.

There does seem to be alot of threads started negatively right now, but the discussions inside them has alot of positive voice pushing back against the negativity. Thanks everyone for standing to your opinions - whether I agree with them or not!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:37 am

i liked it too, and i liked it a lot.
it wasn't perfect, but neither was the original series. i definately want this to be picked up as a series, as i see huge potential and i'm quite happy that for the first time since the original series they hit the tone of it spot on!

LMolineuxLM1
Volunteer

Post by LMolineuxLM1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:34 am

The Question and yes the Million Dollar Question is. WILL IT BE PICKED UP AS A SERIES? I hope it sorta does, with some of the older stuff finally being tossed in and cleaning up of the KR2000 movie and TKR and to dismantale the problems covered in those, as we all know KR2000 sucked but had some good kickbacks in it but still this needs to be fixed and burried for all of us fans. But yeah this would be a good idea to be picked up and finally made into something a bit more realistic of the true factoids of the original series without hacking the old original series. This left me with a unclosed mind about it because it appears that he is off on a mission without closure to the event. The Airplane idea is capable and usable but on a limited basis and the Semi idea is more still realistic even in todays times. We also gotta have them understand that there is a CAR OF THE FUTURE ON THE ROAD (in the movie/show) And it must learn to addapt and grow like KITT did in the original series. There is too-much negativity on this and i for one have my dislikes and sorta left my heart with this uneasy feeling but its gonna drag out sometime for us who want to see this go into a series in a sense of how long between the Movie premier and the series. Right now i just feel like i am on the edge of waiting to see another episode and that to me in part of the negativity of the peoples minds and feelings being displayed on this board, just the anxious feeling to see if its actually going to be picked up and more episodes being made or will it leave us with a punch in the gut again on not trying to build from it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Considering how NBC hyped the ratings in their press release I think it's safe to say that it'll make it to series. Hopefully it'll maintain its audience and it won't be another half or one season wonder.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm

I liked it. When Mike called Ki3t "Buddy", it was the second-best moment for me in the movie. But the best moment was those mere seconds you could see Kitt in the garage.
For me, Knight Rider will always be about Kitt and Michael Knight, Devon and Bonnie/April and the new car will be Ki3t for me as Kitt is the Trans Am, but I daresay that this new TV movie was the only sequel (including KR2K) which is worthy of the name "Knight Rider".

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:41 pm

I liked it a lot, it had some problems, but nothing major. :D I can't wait for them to make it a series, these newcomers who are all about tearing the show down won't be here long hopefully. So don't worry, you are DEFINITELY not the only one who liked the show :D
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:44 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Like I said in a few of my other posts I'm now a huge fan of KI3T! But I'd still like to see what exactly happened to the orginal KITT. I can't wait for them to get working on KI3T's personality because just like in the orginal KITT started out the same way.

For me the movie did have a few shortcomings like the unneeded sexual crap but I posted about this in another thread so I'm not going to make a huge post about it here and the acting REALLY needs some work but I'm sure if it gets picked up for a show they'll have time to improve.

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:48 pm

I'll agree, that was one of my major gripes...no explanation of where KITT is now....not even a real hint of him possibly with Michael Knight at the funeral. Michael just sort of....wanders off towards that pond. For me, if KITT wasn't allowed to stay with him, and was instead dismantled and his systems gutted for the new AI, it'll be more than a little upsetting. BUT that's what the series is for if the show gets picked up :D

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Honestly, I think it'll be all up to William Daniels and if he's game for the new series to do a reprise. At this time, they were smart not to box themselves in and wind up kicking themselves later on when that had the time and budget to wind up the KR2000 story right.

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Oh absolutely, I agree, you can't have original KITT without Daniels, that would be blasphemy.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:14 pm

My only disappointment was that the car didn't do a whole lot (which I'm surprised didn't bother MORE people here, frankly).

I still see tons of potential for a series though.

Stinch
Volunteer

Post by Stinch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:46 pm

I loved it ive watched it 3 times in 1 day!!
My Brother loved it and hes not a fan of the original!
Its got so much potential and ive got all my bits crossed that they pick it up as a series!! :karr:
The laws a double edged sword and you've been sitting pretty on one side for too long! Now your gonna feel the other side, the side that cuts!

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the new KITT ( Three Thousand ) is the old KITT ... What I mean by that is that some of kitts' old memory banks and data has been transferred over to the new KITT ..

What I was really hoping to see in the movie was Michael Knight talk to KITT .. To see if KITT recognized him ..

That would've been cool .. I think the old KITT is just a shell , KITT's brain has been transferred over to the new KITT ..

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:24 pm

I think the overall consensus on the car is it is a NEW and different AI, not the original KITT...though I'm not sure if that has been confirmed by any one source.

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:37 pm

I really doubt they are the same KITT. It just seems very unlikely to me.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:43 pm

MEEEEE!

Everybody's really said what I would have so...I'll just say that yeah, I really enjoyed it, and I plan on watching again on Saturday!

Oh and KIAN, did you make that avatar yourself? Really snazzy! Looks like it's got a story behind it. :D
Turbo Boost, Baby!

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Yup, dug it as well and would definitely watch a regular show.

As much as a Ford hater I am, I kinda want to build one of these, now!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:03 pm

davejames wrote:My only disappointment was that the car didn't do a whole lot (which I'm surprised didn't bother MORE people here, frankly).

I still see tons of potential for a series though.
They have to hold some stuff back for the series,would be pretty boring if when seen all the Knight3000's abilities in one show.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:13 pm

DeeKnight wrote:They have to hold some stuff back for the series,would be pretty boring if when seen all the Knight3000's abilities in one show.
Good point, I hadn't really even thought of that!
Turbo Boost, Baby!

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:47 pm

DeeKnight wrote: They have to hold some stuff back for the series,would be pretty boring if when seen all the Knight3000's abilities in one show.
Um, I watched the movie a second time just to be sure, and literally the only thing the car does in the ENTIRE movie is morph. We see it morph into other colors and morph into Attack Mode. That... is... IT. Even the deflecting bullets trick involved the same morphing FX.

Personally I don't think that's much to be impressed by or excited about, as far as this new KITT goes. Hell, in the original show's pilot we saw more cool features in the demolition derby scene alone!

Again, I see lots of potential here for a series, but that doesn't mean this movie shouldn't have shown us a WHOLE lot more than it did.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:52 pm

After reading some of the reviews here I was slightly scared at what I was going to see today, a few days after the rest of you, but I was pleasently surprised. It wasn't perfect and they'll need to work on it if it becomes a series - the car would have to do a lot more, and the whole idea that if the computer is shut down the car can be smashed like any other makes it a far inferior model compared with the Knight 2000 - but it was still pretty good.

And more importantly, I WANT to see more of this, where they take the story, etc. And that's something I could never say about KR2000, for instance.