KITT should have been TRANS AM

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT3000
Volunteer

KITT should have been TRANS AM

Post by KITT3000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 pm

I don't care about the situation of the real car in 2008, KITT should have been a TRANS AM. If the creator of KITT is so magical he could have used the fram of the originial TRANS AM and made adjustments. It doesn't have to be a car bought from a dealership in the current times, and make a MAGIC car out of it.

It doesn't even have to be a real transam, just something similar!!

If they must, use a CORVETTE! Something that serves purpose. The TRANS AM in the '80s was always viewed as a funky car, that not many had because it was a sports car, and not many people drove sports cars in the '70s and '80s.

That's why they chose the TRANS AM back then. Now it just seems like the creators of these shows don't think!

ckeller22
Operative

Re: KITT should have been TRANS AM

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Why don't you go teleport yourself back to the 80's and live there. This is an updated version. All you complain about is what has been done already . Blah blah blah It's for a new generation to connect with and enjoy at the same time giving nods to the original. Of course there are those who are greedy like you and want everything for themselves.

Drake
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:25 pm

The Trans-Am is dead and GM just revealed it will stay dead. Let it go. That ship has sailed.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:20 pm

ckeller22 wrote:Why don't you go teleport yourself back to the 80's and live there. This is an updated version. All you complain about is what has been done already . Blah blah blah It's for a new generation to connect with and enjoy at the same time giving nods to the original. Of course there are those who are greedy like you and want everything for themselves.
LOL how cruel... yet... true... I love the new KITT!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

jbh142
Volunteer

Post by jbh142 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:21 am

Dude get over it.. The mustang is by faqr the greatest american muscle car... It has never been discontined and there is a reason for that.. They made the best choice possiable in my opinion..

My god man you know how hard people would have laughed to see a half azz car getup trying to look like a 1983 trans am.. So relax go put on your thriller video on your betamax vhs tape and chill.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:57 am

jbh142 wrote:Dude get over it.. The mustang is by faqr the greatest american muscle car... It has never been discontined and there is a reason for that..
LMAO! Maybe they should've at times. For example, ever hear of a '74-'78 Mustang II (the only mustang available for those years)? What a BEASTLY musclecar!! :lol:

The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:01 am

I bet even this hideous stang outsold the camaro/birds of the same era.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:20 am

Actually, it didn't. And if you thought the above was more attractive than the below, you would have to be mentally handicapped..

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 am

Well it would only be fair for you to post the companion shots of todays Mustang vs todays Firebird?

Oh what? You can't? They don't actually make them in production anymore? Pity.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 am

you either share my opinion or you must be mentally handicapped... now that's a mature way of arguing :!:

@ Neps... LOL :lol: :mrgreen:

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:51 am

New Camero are not ready for production until late 2009/early 2010, Mustang GT500 KR ( King of Road is available right now), This mustang look good in the pilot and you will fall in love with it when you are force to watch it for rest of your life.

There are many lines for Mustang GT ( about 20 to 30 models) = perfect for hide from badass people use shapeshift into Bullit model or GT-R or hard top or soft top convertible.

It is your own fault that you stop buy the Tran-Am or Firebird and make GM pull the lines for tran-am not Knight Rider or Ford's fault, Ford make more money than GM since they own Jaguar, Madza and shareholder to Aston Martin, etc.

I am not sure if Ford own Volkwagon or other german car company.

If you want to GM resurrect the Tran-Am lines, start to buy the company yourself and get someone design/build modern-retro of tran-am.

80s is Tran-am's Era.
08s is Mustang's Era and will rule the muscle car until 2010, like Nissan Skyline GTR R35 rule the import car now, Skyline GTR R35 own new Porsche 911 GT on Porsche's homeland and beat the record of Porsche set. ( i cannot wait to gloat at my cousin since he love german cars hehe.)

;P

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:11 am

The 82 Trans-Am had what? A whopping 180-185 hp from the 305? Also nothing like those big block 454s from the mid to late 70s that barely squeezed out 200 hp. :roll:

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Drake wrote:The 82 Trans-Am had what? A whopping 180-185 hp from the 305? Also nothing like those big block 454s from the mid to late 70s that barely squeezed out 200 hp. :roll:
The '82 T/A had 165hp with its Cross-Fire 305. The '82 Mustang GT had 157hp from its 302. You poke fun ata smogge out Chevy big block 454 from the late 70s that only had 200hp but you forget to realize that the big block Ford 460 had only 180hp during the same years. The 500hp GT500 Mustang only pulls a 12.7 quarter mile wile the late '98-'02 Trans Ams and Z28s ran in the 13.0-13.4 range, with almost 200 less hp. I can agrue this all day with everybody on here, doesn't matter. I just have better things to do... :kitt:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:20 pm

And where did all that horsepower get you today? As much as I hate to say it - the Firebird line failed, better machine at the time or not.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:26 pm

ckeller22 wrote:Why don't you go teleport yourself back to the 80's and live there. This is an updated version. All you complain about is what has been done already . Blah blah blah It's for a new generation to connect with and enjoy at the same time giving nods to the original. Of course there are those who are greedy like you and want everything for themselves.
LOL thats great! But anyways there should be a new website devoted to "KITT should have been a Trans Am" so people can get this off their chest! This what the 10,000th thread about it?
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:30 pm

This series is just going to end up on the trash pile with all of the other KR mistakes like TKR and KR2010. If/when it becomes a series, it'll last 1 whole season, at best! :kitt:

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:49 pm

GN_WS6 wrote:This series is just going to end up on the trash pile with all of the other KR mistakes like TKR and KR2010. If/when it becomes a series, it'll last 1 whole season, at best! :kitt:
yes, and beware of the millenium, it will crash computers all over the world! :roll:

:lol:

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:56 pm

I just don't like that the scanner is Computer Generated.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Deferranfan1 wrote:I just don't like that the scanner is Computer Generated.
It's not computer generated. It's a real functioning light on both the stock version of K.I.T.T. and the Attack version. The digital gauges and voice modulator are, however, computer generated.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Drake wrote:Image
Can I please steal this? There are so many more threads on the board right now that this needs to be applied too....
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:30 pm

While I'm dissapointed that KITT isn't a Trans-Am or some form of car with a sleek slope front *like* a Trans-Am I think for the car having to be a Mustang they did actually did really good job of making it look like something cool and recognizable as KITT.

If the Trans Am thing is your main issue, it's not the creators or this new show that should take the heat for that. Blame GM for being jerks about it. Or Ford for coming foward and saying "Hey, we got cars!" The people behind the show are making the best of what is an inherently crappy situation regarding use of the Trans-Am and if I were GM I'd be kicking my own ass right now because all the sweet promotion promotion Ford is getting off this could have been theirs.

I think also it can be acceptable because this is the KITT of a new character. I think it would be harder to put up with the Mustang thing if this were a reboot and the hero was supposed to be Michael Knight. So I guess I can find enjoyment with this for the same reason I can deal with Terry McGuiness in Batman Beyond not having the same suit. His look is very different but you can still look at him and go "It's Batman."

That's what I think about the new KITT. The look is very different but I can still see KITT.

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Hiya Kamen Rider, i totally agree with you and is that avatar KM agrito or Kugas they look similar.

Why not we do rider kick on this idiot who say mustang suck and GM for near mess KR08.
*grab the Zeronas belt and put it on. Shout henshin along with KamenRider.

Think again before you insult/blame Knight Rider or mustang GT500KR for mess your childhood dream, blame GM, they kill the Tran-am line, almost mess the pilot/movie as GM own Will Arnett's soul.

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Drift-King wrote:Hiya Kamen Rider, i totally agree with you and is that avatar KM agrito or Kugas they look similar.
That is indeed Kamen Rider Kuuga in my avatar. He and Black are my two favorite Kamen Riders.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Drift-King wrote:New Camero are not ready for production until late 2009/early 2010, Mustang GT500 KR ( King of Road is available right now), This mustang look good in the pilot and you will fall in love with it when you are force to watch it for rest of your life.

There are many lines for Mustang GT ( about 20 to 30 models) = perfect for hide from badass people use shapeshift into Bullit model or GT-R or hard top or soft top convertible.

It is your own fault that you stop buy the Tran-Am or Firebird and make GM pull the lines for tran-am not Knight Rider or Ford's fault, Ford make more money than GM since they own Jaguar, Madza and shareholder to Aston Martin, etc.

I am not sure if Ford own Volkwagon or other german car company.

If you want to GM resurrect the Tran-Am lines, start to buy the company yourself and get someone design/build modern-retro of tran-am.

80s is Tran-am's Era.
08s is Mustang's Era and will rule the muscle car until 2010, like Nissan Skyline GTR R35 rule the import car now, Skyline GTR R35 own new Porsche 911 GT on Porsche's homeland and beat the record of Porsche set. ( i cannot wait to gloat at my cousin since he love german cars hehe.)

;P
-Wrong, the 2010 Camaro is going to be realeased early 2009!
-Ford doesn't own Volkswagon, VW owns itself, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley and Porche.
-There is a petition which I have signed going around about the Trans Am/Firebird return and a major post I made on a site called gminsidenews.com that I am a part of. If fellow members would like to check it out please feel free too!

Go to the thread that says "Is the pontiac firebird to return", notice I have the same user name and check out how many pages it has accumulated.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/foru ... y.php?f=60