did you like the nbc kr movie??

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Did you like the nbc kr movie?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 180

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

did you like the nbc kr movie??

Post by seeker78 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Well I liked it. I thought it was very true to the ideas of Knight Rider. They did give us the digital gages, we did have a voice box (albeit one using modern graphics), we did have a black car with a red scanner, and the car used was American made (I know most of you disagree with me as to the importance of that).

The bullets did not bounce off, but instead impacted and made damage that was repaired by nanotechnology. Also KITT can change colors and shape shift to some extent via nanotechnology.

I would have liked more lights and readouts in the dashboard, but then again, most of those indications are being monitored automatically by KITT.

Anyway I give it 8 out of 10. :)

--Brian

Blazing
Volunteer

Re: did you like the nbc kr movie??

Post by Blazing » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:10 pm

I loved it, and becouse of some specific facts:
1. The Knight Rider 2000 and TKR universe totaly cut out!
2. Simple plot, only 2 KITT's were officialy made
3. Good references to the old KITT
4. The Hoff made his appearance :D
5. Justin Bruening = Good Choice!

I realy liked this movie and beside the facts I enlisted above, it is a DIRECT sequel!
Altough now it raises many questions:
1. How long did Michael work with the original KITT until he was dismantled?
2. What happened to Devon, Bonnie etc?

Hopefully these questions will be answered in the series (which I hope will happen)

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Yes, I liked it... infact... it actually felt like watching a movie that is trying to get you into it. The actors did nice too... I think the bad guy was cool, he had this Bond feel to him. Justin is doing great as the new star. He actually is similar in terms of mimics to Michael Knight. And the car... ow... good lordy... the car... WOW, that was really stunning. Val Kilmer in general did ok.. so here is hoping for a series.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Blazing wrote:I loved it, and becouse of some specific facts:
1. The Knight Rider 2000 and TKR universe totaly cut out!
2. Simple plot, only 2 KITT's were officialy made
3. Good references to the old KITT
4. The Hoff made his appearance :D
5. Justin Bruening = Good Choice!

I realy liked this movie and beside the facts I enlisted above, it is a DIRECT sequel!
Altough now it raises many questions:
1. How long did Michael work with the original KITT until he was dismantled?
2. What happened to Devon, Bonnie etc?

Hopefully these questions will be answered in the series (which I hope will happen)
ditto +1 :mrgreen:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:19 pm

If with the things I didn't like, which I've mentioned what feels like a hundred times already, I still liked it over all.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Yeah, I liked the plot, there's room for more stories to come.
I liked the car.
I liked the good old classic feeling of the show, like back in the 80s, but with modern elements.
I liked the references to the old show.
I liked the actors and the Hoffs appeareance.

I didn't like the plane at the end, but this could be just bad TKR memory.
I didn't like KITT having so many different modes. Nothing to identify with.

Overall I give it an 8,5 of 10.
And I hope they'll be back in a series, because it was good enough to earn the chance to improve.
Hey, it was Knight Rider!!

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:25 pm

I liked it, Closest to original Knight Rider. Car looked cool. There are things they can improve upon but that is expected and would like to see KITT do more but the producers said if they get a series that they will add features to KITT and hopefully see him go through some walls. Overall I thought it did good.

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:46 pm

For the most part, I did like it. The car was cool! Even though I still miss turbo boost, and Val's voice didn't seem to have any personality as KITT, and I didn't care for the different modes of KItt, either. I did like the actors for the most part. The movie had a strong storyline, and I did enjoy the references to the old show. They did try to make a transistion from the old show to the new show.

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:15 pm

I really liked it,i already watched it another 2 times today,hey dont laugh i have been waiting for a good Knight Rider like this since '86 heck i was only 14 years old then

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Absolutly loved it!

Can't wait for more New Kitt! They'll get around to giving him more personality as he grows in the show!
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 pm

I liked the show much better than TKR and KR2000.

I think Val's voice wasn't quite right, but then again, I'm sure he was rushed on the scripts and didn't have the time to put any real feeling and his own flavor to it.

I would have preferred to have heard about the original KITT than just the fast flashes of the car in pieces.

There has been mention that if the show goes into a series - maybe the writters will expand on talk of the original KITT and as someone else pointed out - I would have liked to heard the reason that FLAG shut down in the first place. It would have been a nice touch.

There is only so much that can be put into a 2 hr (less minus commercials) and I think they tried to cover many basis. Some of which I know that some didn't care about.

The show over all exceeding what I was expecting.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:16 pm

I enjoyed the show as well. I am watching it again while I am typing this. With the ratings that NBC got, I have a good feeling now that they will greenlight this for a series this fall or sooner. I doubt the sooner though. LOL

WalterM214
Stranger

Post by WalterM214 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:23 pm

I would like to say ditto to Stargazer's comments, I too like the TV movie, I only wished that Mike (Justin Bruening) had shaved for his mothers funeral, "you know, show some respect." We need more clean cut heroes. Also with Kitt, I too am glad it's an American car, The Ford Cobra Mustang is a great car. So I too hope to see more of the Knight Ridder Series. :karr:

2Tall
Stranger

Post by 2Tall » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 pm

It's been years since I've been even close to anything related to Knight Rider and I was pretty curious about this new movie. I saw some of the pre-release stuff about the car, the stars and all that but as with any remake, I was a bit cautious in my optimism that they might actually pull it off.

Having said that, I think they did for the most part. It takes a bit getting used to seeing KITT as a Ford (and I do have my doubts about a Ford EDGE keeping up with a Mustang in a chase) and new actors and all that. But I liked it. The car is cool, the actors are good and the plot isn't too bad. I absolutely did not like Val's voice as KITT...or rather, I didn't like how it sounded. It didn't always seem like it actually came from the car.

I think the most interesting part of this movie for me was watching it with my wife. She has never seen Knight Rider before and when she heard that Hasselhof was the guy in the original series, I saw a face that was quite priceless (she doesn't like him at all). Yet, she actually liked the movie and I personally, I do hope they get the series going...I'll watch it and my wife will too.

libolt
Volunteer

Post by libolt » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:48 pm

I overall liked the show quite a bit. It had some flaws and it's already getting nitpicked to death on here. :) But I thought it was a solid story with enough action. The romance between Mike and Sarah was a bit cheesy at times, but that didn't bother me too much. It's also kind of funny to me that the two main characters are Mike and Sarah, since I'm a Mike with a girlfriend named Sarah who happens to be a Knight Rider fan too. :)

Cheers and here's hoping to a new series come this fall.

Mike

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 pm

i have to say i like the new knight rider. but there were a couple of things they could have done better, first of all i was hoping for a digital or hollogram display for the speedometer guages, they didn't even show a glimpse of the guages, there could have been more stunts, i was expecting kitt to come to the rescue and crash into the motel and save mike and sarah when the bad guys were after them. i didn't like the cargo plane at all, it should be a semi truck. they should have had turbo boost. and david hasselhoffs role was way too short we only had a small glimpse of him at the end of the movie. also they didn't play enough of the knight rider theme music in the show. i hope the show gets made into a series. and i hope that the writers make things a little better.
in glen larson we trust.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:45 am

I'm so happy I gave it a chance! When I first heard that it was a ford, and MUSTANG at that, I was appalled. But a friend of mine over at deviantART told me that it was not a remake, but a continuation, and to give it a try, don't judge it before I saw it. And thank goodness I did!

The only things that I didn't particularly like were Kilmers voice, and the terrible amount of Ford advertising.
Now this isn't to say that Kilmer did a bad job. Actually, I think it came out quite well, seeing as he had to re-dub all of KITT's lines in about two weeks or so. I thought he sounded a bit too cold, and would have preferred Arnett, but I'm happy nonetheless.
While I didn't care for all of the advertising, it was inevitable. Even if they went with another manuf. it would have been the same dealio. And the commercials with KITT and Justin made me lol for reals, so I can't talk too much trash. ;)

All in all I think they did a good job, and here's to hoping for a fall season!!

:kitt:
Turbo Boost, Baby!

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:48 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i have to say i like the new knight rider. but there were a couple of things they could have done better, first of all i was hoping for a digital or hollogram display for the speedometer guages, they didn't even show a glimpse of the guages,
Actually I did see a glimpse of digital gages, maybe someone will get a frame capture. lol I can't even remember which part it was in, which might indicate what a brief glimpse it was, but I do remember them being shown. blocky, blue numbers, with digital rings around them, ring a bell? hmm if only I had the movie here to skip through it and find that part. I do remember digital gages being shown, though. If you meant, a glimpse of the dashboard with digital gages, then yes I agree, that was not shown. What they should have done is modify the actual dashboard, make the analog speedometer and tachometer smaller and off to the sides (as backup), and put larger digital gages in the middle. Maybe if this becomes a series KITT will be "upgraded" this way.
there could have been more stunts,
Yeah I agree on that, definitely! :)
i hope the show gets made into a series.
me too!!!! :)

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:54 am

WalterM214 wrote:I would like to say ditto to Stargazer's comments, I too like the TV movie, I only wished that Mike (Justin Bruening) had shaved for his mothers funeral, "you know, show some respect." We need more clean cut heroes.
Yeah especially since he is a US Army Ranger right???

Well I guess that just shows you how the Navy is better than the Army, that and how we beat them in football this last time AGAIN...a little service rivalry for ya there... :wink: the army-navy game is more for officers (enlisted here) but it's still service rivalry fodder :wink:
Also with Kitt, I too am glad it's an American car,
Most definitely!!!!! That's a fine example of American craftsmanship, and it keeps hundreds of thousands of Americans employed not only at the Mustang assembly plant, but all the local suppliers as well!! :) and hats off to the UAW for insisting that the big three promise to continue making many of their models on US soil!!!

--Brian

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:08 am

I barely liked it, so I can't vote either way.

Bad points:
- "Attack" KITT looks stupid.
- KITT isn't aerodynamic. (they could of made the Mustang more aero)
- No really cool burnouts.
- No crazy stunts by KITT.
- MBS is better than the self-healing.
- Showing stock T/A engine was pointless. (this could be explained as a project and not the actual KITT powerplant, however)
- Bad morals by the FBI woman and Mike doesn't need to be included.
- Steering wheel looked kind of cheap. (it needed the Knight logo)
- KITT's display was not next gen. (they should of used holographics)
- Val Kilmer's voice didn't fit very well.
- Deanna Russo needs acting lessons.
- Camera was too close up sometimes. (Hey, I didn't like it in the Bourne movies, either!)
- No mention of what Michael Knight has been up to all these years. (Why didn't he go back to Jenny & son?)
- Where is the KI2000 AI? (Does it still exist somewhere or is it in the KI3000, which I don't think it is)
- The SUV crash didn't move KITT. (Let's not ignore some basic physics!)

Good points:
- "Hero" KITT looks cool. (It's fine for lower speed tasks at least)
- I like the scanner.
- The digital gauges were acceptable.
- Justin B. was a great fit for Mike Traceur.
- Pretty good hand combat by Mike.
- Had some pretty good suspense in the story.
- Some nods to the original series.
- Some funny interactions between KITT and Mike/Sarah.
- Some of the music was good and at least it had an intro.
- I like all the actor/actresses choices including Deanna. (Her acting just needs work)
- Michael Knight was in it. (would of liked a little bigger role, but that's OK)

The original series also had bad points, but not as many.

I hope it goes to series. I still have enough interest in it. :)
One man did make a difference.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:51 am

seeker78 wrote: Actually I did see a glimpse of digital gages, maybe someone will get a frame capture. lol I can't even remember which part it was in, which might indicate what a brief glimpse it was, but I do remember them being shown. blocky, blue numbers, with digital rings around them, ring a bell? hmm if only I had the movie here to skip through it and find that part. I do remember digital gages being shown, though. If you meant, a glimpse of the dashboard with digital gages, then yes I agree, that was not shown. What they should have done is modify the actual dashboard, make the analog speedometer and tachometer smaller and off to the sides (as backup), and put larger digital gages in the middle. Maybe if this becomes a series KITT will be "upgraded" this way.
You're right, i saw it too and found where it is. It's on ~16min 59sec - 17min 00sec of the film. I got a frame capture:

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 am

I do like the concept of the film and what NBC try to plan for the series this fall. The KI3T look great but we yet see it's ranges of new gadgets KI3T expect change the nanotech body into shapeshift or change colour.

Remember KI3T say to Sarah that KI3T yet test all new gadgets it got. We will see the more stuffs in the summer or fall.

I give it 8.5 cause it is really good but something need polished since it is a pilot :P.

I think new KI3T is faster than KI2T without SPM on. I swear that he travel at 230mph or more. I like cgi effect, it is unique cause the nanobody absorb the shock of the bullet before heal/restore the arrangement of nanobody.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:16 am

I think new KI3T is faster than KI2T without SPM on. I swear that he travel at 230mph or more.

KITT says, that at maximum speed he'll reach Las Vegas in 3h 17min, and when Sarah says, that it's 600miles, KITT corrects, that it's 627miles, so:

627miles - 3h 17m (197mins)
Xmiles - 1h (60mins)

X = (627 * 60) / 197 = 37620 / 197 = ~190,964MPH (~307KM/h).

So it's not that fast. As I remmember, K2000 could reach 200MPH without SPM, and 300MPH with SPM. So K2000 even without SPM was faster than K3000.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:37 am

I can't edit my post anymore, so i add more in this post.

K3000 could reach Las Vegas (627miles) in 3h 17mins including all traffic handicaps (thats ~191MPH (~307KM/h). So i think K3000 maximum speed is 200MPH (~322KM/h). So K2000 without SPM is as fast as K3000. But K2000 with SPM (300MPH) is much faster than K3000 (200MPH).

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:49 am

I thought it was the best continuation movie to date. They did things right for once and went back to the basics..of sorts.

While most people hated the ending (because of the plane which is a lame reason) it made me excited to see the next episode and continue from where it left off....it was TOTALLY old school.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;