If brought to series....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

If brought to series....

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:50 am

I wanted to make this post because I was very much thinking about if this were to be a series, which I hope it would be.

Just to get things out of the way I was very upset at a few things:
1- Not one mention whatsoever of Devon Miles.
2- I was really hoping to see a flashback or two about Wilton, Michael Knight, Devon, the original KITT, some action or some thing to spark up the future with a little past. But I guess not.
3- No desert scene at the end which made the show iconic with the idea "One man can make a difference, with his car and off as a lone crusader".
4- The voice for god sakes, sounded like a goddamn telephone recording machine, not casual with the car as William Daniels was.

Now if this is brought to series here are my ideas and thoughts (I hope the producers see this and it helps)
1- Charles and MK team up hopefully and MK makes a standard role in the show
2- I would love to see Charles remanescing more about the original KITT and saying things like "what a fantastic car when I built it, etc.....)
3- William Daniels is in the works according to the interviews to come back if made into a series, that would be awesome.
4- Fill the gap of 26 years more ,but slowly through some episodes while staying on task to the future of KR.
5- MK can hopefully ride with KITT once more.
6- KARR can be easily returned as I stated in another post.
7- Bring back a charachter or two (Bonnie, Garthe, KARR, etc.), NOT RC3, I hated him what a waste.

I realize some might think I'm crazy or too much is brought back but I am just giving thoughts and ideas for me and others to collaborate upon.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Re: If brought to series....

Post by Kaine » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 pm

from your 'wishlist' i would guess you're some old man man, leaning on your windowsill saying "everything used to be better"

this is 2008, it is not a revival of the original show and it revolves around new characters and a new car.
if you want a heroes glorification of the old team just go and watch the DVDs.

Krandor
Volunteer

Post by Krandor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:04 pm

There are some things that I would like to hear more about in regards to what all happened in the 26 years since the original series. What happened to the Foundation, why some of the changes on the car, etc. The movie wasn't the time to do that because that would have been boring to add all that in. However, in a series I would like to see some time spent "filling in the gaps" so to speak.

Jeremy1973
Volunteer

Post by Jeremy1973 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:44 pm

If this becomes a series, I'm hoping KITT uses his morphing ability and morphs into a new Camaro, Corvette, or a new Trans Am type Concept car. hehe!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Jeremy1973 wrote:If this becomes a series, I'm hoping KITT uses his morphing ability and morphs into a new Camaro, Corvette, or a new Trans Am type Concept car. hehe!
Not funny, and NEVER going to happen. Get over it. :roll:

I do like some of the suggestions about "filling in the gaps." And I completely agree about it not fitting in the pilot. When writing a book, one of the worst mistakes is to begin with too much back story. The reader (or audience) gets bored. Telling what happened to the Foundation in one or a few episodes would be the best way to go about it. Perhaps make it an on going plot.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

KITT3000
Volunteer

Post by KITT3000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Kaine wrote:from your 'wishlist' i would guess you're some old man man, leaning on your windowsill saying "everything used to be better"

this is 2008, it is not a revival of the original show and it revolves around new characters and a new car.

stupid post!

it's like saying in the 80's when the show started, all the characters and the car just wiped off the earth. Poor directing, and poor writing.

sorry, the new knight rider is done! sad

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Kaine wrote:from your 'wishlist' i would guess you're some old man man, leaning on your windowsill saying "everything used to be better"

First I am 19 and not an old man. Second I was just making assumptions to include. Third I am living in the new era and appreciate was is going to happen in the future. Fourth a lot people who loved the old series wouldn't bash me like you did!

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:00 am

My question is:
Is Charles Graiman the head of Knight Industries?
He says he will bring back the Foundation.
But what was with Knight Industries?
The plane is from it. So Knight Industries have lived further?
Whats with all of the shareholders?
Knight Industries was all time against the Foundation.
And know Charles Graiman has a plane from Knight Industries?
What happened in the last 20 years?
Hope this would be answered in the series if it comes.
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:08 am

Eh?, Knight industries was Wilton Knights company (which created KITT) wasn't it and The Foundation was the civilian/government agency run by Devon Miles to fight crime. They worked together surely
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:35 am

Niggle Snoosh wrote:
Eh?, Knight industries was Wilton Knights company (which created KITT) wasn't it and The Foundation was the civilian/government agency run by Devon Miles to fight crime. They worked together surely
Dont forget that Jennnifer Knight wanted to close the Foundation because of its costs. "Knight Of The Juggernaut"
The foundation was a thorn in their eyes.
Or I´m false?
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Yeah but by the end of the episode she understood the need for FLAG. Plus, part of her problem was the "James Bond fantasy" that she perceived Michael as living out through his exploits. Not to mention the Garthe issue. But in the end she had changed her opinion so she wouldn't have had anything to do with it.

I'd like to know how the hell all those cameras were placed where they were.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Okay, back on topic. :wink:

If it's going to be a series, here is what I want it to be:

- give The Hoff/Michael Knight a recurring role, he does not necessary have to be in every episode, but now and then...

- keep KITTs voice module in red, it's a distinct attribute that identifies KITT, so don't chance it

- no more different modes for KITTs, because I don't like the grey stripes and the silver rims on hero KITT and I don't like the whole body kit and wings and grill on attack KITT. So the combination of both, means hero KITT with black rims and without the stripes, would be great

- bring back KARR as the same Mustang as KITT (plans from the harddrive, cpu new or the one found in the desert)

- get back to some of the old KR's recognizable locations (e.g. the beach where KARR was found)

- keep the references to the original show (not too much)

- always put Mike and KITT in the centre of the show. I never ever want to see an episode about Mike's friend the mechanic or the FBI agent

- keep Val Kilmer as KITT, because stability is important to be believable and to develop KITT's character

- add some of the old action to the show, turbo boost jumps, crashing through walls

- give KITT more hightech on his dashboard: some buttons for KITT's functions(e.g. Turbo boost, Mike can't always ask KITT to do those, especially when KITT is not sure whether it works or not - Michael and KITT had this conversation more than once), one or two monitors

I guess that's it. Feel free to comment or add your wishes, and maybe in the end we should collect all wishes and make a list and let people vote. But please be realistic, making KITT another car is no option. I want this to be constructive.

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned this,but I'd like Kilmer's voice to have a more speaker-ish tone to it.That was the one distraction for me.It sounded like it was coming from a guy in the back seat and not the dashboard.
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:Okay, back on topic. :wink:

If it's going to be a series, here is what I want it to be:

- give The Hoff/Michael Knight a recurring role, he does not necessary have to be in every episode, but now and then...

- keep KITTs voice module in red, it's a distinct attribute that identifies KITT, so don't chance it

- no more different modes for KITTs, because I don't like the grey stripes and the silver rims on hero KITT and I don't like the whole body kit and wings and grill on attack KITT. So the combination of both, means hero KITT with black rims and without the stripes, would be great

- bring back KARR as the same Mustang as KITT (plans from the harddrive, cpu new or the one found in the desert)

- get back to some of the old KR's recognizable locations (e.g. the beach where KARR was found)

- keep the references to the original show (not too much)

- always put Mike and KITT in the centre of the show. I never ever want to see an episode about Mike's friend the mechanic or the FBI agent

- keep Val Kilmer as KITT, because stability is important to be believable and to develop KITT's character

- add some of the old action to the show, turbo boost jumps, crashing through walls

- give KITT more hightech on his dashboard: some buttons for KITT's functions(e.g. Turbo boost, Mike can't always ask KITT to do those, especially when KITT is not sure whether it works or not - Michael and KITT had this conversation more than once), one or two monitors

I guess that's it. Feel free to comment or add your wishes, and maybe in the end we should collect all wishes and make a list and let people vote. But please be realistic, making KITT another car is no option. I want this to be constructive.
You know, i think i pretty agree with everything you said here, with a couple of minor points. The voice modulator should generally be red but i did appreciate the fact that he can change colour to express mood/feeling and am pretty happy to embrace it.

The dashboard could use a bit of spicing up but i like the idea of it being a little less elarorate so it looks like a normal(ish) car if need be. perhaps lots of stuff that spins round/swivels into reach when needed. Of course at the same time i dont want it to look to generic or boring.

I would prefer the racing stripe gone, the rest of the shell design i am willing to accept as it is.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"