Baywatch hawaiian Wedding on NOW!!!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:19 am

So there is one continuality error. Laura made it sound like there were several. I can only imagine the bashing when KR comes out.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:22 pm

There ARE several continuity errors.

The big one is Hasselhoff's resurrection, but under the premise that Baywatch Hawaii was ignored.

BUT

If you ignore Baywatch Hawaii, then suddenly some of the relationships that were there with some of the characters shouldn't have been. There were Hawaii cast members getting snuggly with L.A. cast members, and past histories that were vaguely explained, if at all.

Summer suddenly made a grand appearance, despite the fact that she went away, and had made overtures that she wasn't coming back in the explanation storyline.

CJ had already gotten married, to some 'rock star' and they moved away, that was completely dismissed.

Mitch had to be thinking strictly with his pants and blindsided by his heart to not notice that Allison didn't just LOOK like Stephanie, she was the photocopy of her, and was built like her. Not exactly great odds of exactly that happening.

Where was Ashley, Neely's child? She was completely ignored to death.

Nobody seemed all THAT surprised about Allison, considering that she was the direct doppelganger of a dead woman.

Cort should have been completely blind by this time, but instead was healed by the power of prayer, and only had partial eyesight back, except, he sure didn't act as if he had partial eyesight, and he didn't have his sunglasses.

Neely virtually hated Mitch, and wouldn't give him the time of day at the end of Baywatch's L.A. run. (In fact, when they switched her over from Gena Lee Nolin to the other actress who couldn't play her for beans)

Alex Riker was the chief lifeguard in charge at the end of Baywatch L.A., not Taylor. (If I remember correctly)

We recreated history to reflect that Mitch had gone into retirement, when he was still going extremely strong at both the end of Baywatch L.A., up to his demise in Baywatch Hawaii.

No back explanation about what happened to the kid that Mitch was trying to adopt: Tanner (which was explained in Baywatch Hawaii.)

There were plenty more, but in short, if they were trying to ignore Baywatch Hawaii, then they didn't do a very good job. They mixed and matched facts to primarily explain appearances of cast members that were once long gone, and to cover over the fact that they had lost some, and couldn't get them back.

KI

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:22 pm

*holds head*

let's not even think about that...

hopefully less cause kr isn't known for babes in bikinis.

KITT

p.s. KI get on aim. :P
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:40 pm

I was under the impression Baywatch Hawaii was included.

Thanks for explaining Laura. Im not a huge fan of Baywatch and wasn't aware. If they would ignore facts in KR that badly then it would be pretty bad.

It might just do that to since Richie or Joe not sure which did that interivew with Scifi.com or something like that and stated that the movie will be based on the Pilot Knight of the Phoenix.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:06 pm

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but didn't Eddie or whoever was the guy who was with Caroline,love Summer,the woman who was into Hobbie in ther series?

What I would also like to know is what happened in the series finale of baywatch?Towards the end of baywatch Hawaii I lost intrest and wanted to see the episode where Mitch passed away and the episode after that.Was there a funeral episode?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:14 pm

Eddie was into Shauni, not Summer. Shauni wasn't featured, and they decided to forget her this time around.

Summer was into Matt, who later was into CJ. (Ok, I did watch Baywatch a little too much.)

As for the series finale, Baywatch Hawaii went one more year after Mitch's death, and then was unceremoniously cancelled. No series finale. No funeral episode for Mitch, since he was unceremoniously blown up.

KI

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:19 pm

March2875 wrote:If they would ignore facts in KR that badly then it would be pretty bad.
Yeah, the KR movie could be disastrous if the show's history is ignored. The characters might be written poorly, some pivotal person might be killed off, the whole spirit of the show might be changed. The chemistry between Michael and the female mechanic of the week might be ignored, essential characters might be written out, and the film might be set in a silly unbelievable future. Heck, KITT might even be red! Hey, waitaminute...
krr

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:25 pm

I knew there was a guy missing that loved summer.I forgot his name.There were too many characters that were missing.There was the male blond swimming athlete,Tanner,Donna Deerico.Some brunnete I think who was running the place.She was in soem white officers uniform,and the guy from Baywatch Knights the partner.Theres alot more who I keep forgetting.I didn't watch the series much.

My sister loves the episodes with Stevie and remembered scent of roses.She told me while we were watching the movie,"What if Allison is murdered at the wedding just like in knight rider."I thought for a moment that the guy who played Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat wanted to make Mitches day a living hell for him.Then I figured around the time where we see Allison talking to someone in the forest area that maybe she was in cahoots with the bad guys.I hated it when I was right about it.It kinda ruined the ending for me.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:07 am

they mentioned shauni in the movie. i don't recall what was said about her, though.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:22 am

Yeah, she and Eddie split. That was all that was said. A neat way of saying: Erica Eleniak wouldn't come back.

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:25 am

I hope KR isn't a screw up. I think Hasslehoff takes the KR projects much more seriously and to heart more since he knows there are simply more fans of this show than baywatch.

Hmmm...mind you, Knight Rider 2000??

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:16 pm

Uh, that is where I definitely beg to differ, not to argue, but the pure facts of the matter: there are more fans for Baywatch than there were for Knight Rider. And Hasselhoff doesn't exactly take the KR projects more seriously. Knight Rider 2000 never really had a fighting chance because Hasselhoff was more interested in Baywatch.

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:37 pm

that last part maybe true but isn't the baywatch movie going to be the last thing to do with baywatch??? i could be wrong on this.

anyways, since hasslehoff has been killed off(so ive been reading), hasslehoff won't be interested in baywatch anymore and thus will prepare KR more carefully or so i hope..and if he don't...i'll be kissing my fandomship goodbye!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:54 pm

Hasselhoff wasn't killed off, and they left it wide open for any future TV movies. Nothing was truly resolved, and all the members they could get back are still alive.

Hasselhoff was supposed to be killed off in the original series. But the movie changed that.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:10 pm

Parts of this discussion sort of reminds me of what happened when the movie was first announced. There was an article that mentioned that the film would appeal to the Fast And The Furious crowd, and people started worrying that F&F was a horrible movie and that Knight Rider would suck if it was like F&F.

Similarly, I don't think we should worry about the movie based upon a made-for-TV Baywatch reunion movie. On FOX of all places. Knight Rider and Baywatch are different. Film projects and TV projects are different. Revolution Studios and FOX are different. Take the Baywatch movie for what it is, but I wouldn't think of it as any form of preview for Knight Rider.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:24 pm

The only reason why I brought it up, Mike, is the fact that Hasselhoff had nothing to do with F&F. He had a huge part in the Baywatch Movie, and he has a huge part in KR. I was just making the statement that I hope he goes a different route.

Nice try, but it is a completely different position than the F&F stuff.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:48 pm

I wasn't referring to your posts, KI. I'm talking about messages where people try to connect Baywatch with Knight Rider:

"But, if the new KR movie is anything like this, I agree, I won't watch the whole thing."
"If they would ignore facts in KR that badly then it would be pretty bad."
"Yeah, the KR movie could be disastrous if the show's history is ignored"

These are all valid concerns, but because a big budget movie by Revolution is a lot different tahn a T&A reunion movie on FOX, I don't think we need to worry about it too much.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:50 pm

For starters, I started all those comments, because it is better than the completely redundant drivel that we have a tendency of sinking ourselves into on this board. Maybe it is something for people to think and talk about, and maybe gain a bit of a worry in.

KI

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:11 am

I just had to dig this up one more time. Baywatch Hawaiian Wedding seemingly didn't do too well, it seems, although I think Mike would be the best judge of how to interpret those ratings numbers. (go to the bottom of the article)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... f_interest

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:19 pm

I'm not sure "paltry" is the right word for the ratings... Friday night at the end of February isn't exactly a big TV night. Variety called the ratings for Baywatch "so-so". It did beat out Bruce Springsteen on CBS, which may not be saying too much but it is something. I'd like to put a positive spin on it, but the bottom line is it didn't too hot. I wouldn't look for another Baywatch movie anytime soon.

Mike

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:55 pm

And I was told that Baywatch had more fans....

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:59 pm

The show did have more fans. Not too many gave a crap about the movie, because even in the first few seconds, it showed that it was a completely different genre, which, is what this entire thread is about, if you would take note of it.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:46 pm

Yeah because Knight Rider was never the world's most watched show.

I think it was way to soon for a Baywatch Reunion movie anyhow. I mean it ran for 11 years an only been off the air for a year or two. Wait 20 years and then reunite. In other words its time for KNIGHT RIDER.

Its obvious the show ran its course. Time for David to move on to new projects for television.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:02 pm

I think the reason for baywatch's long run was due to the fact it had a more adult tone than kr did. Back then, KR was on for the kids and in that day and age, i think Universal felt the same way.

But KR certainly proved it's popularity with David doing charity events and bringing KITT along with him as well as other shows where various people got to see, and meet KITT n Michael.

No other tv show, as far as i remember, did this.

Skav