KITT - Why don't use some old memories on the new kitt

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Words_vs_Pain
Volunteer

KITT - Why don't use some old memories on the new kitt

Post by Words_vs_Pain » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 pm

The new kitt doesn't know whos michael knight... don't know who's devon milles... etc...

This is not kitt... why don't they put some old data? Michael appeared on the movie... why not the old kitt? It's not a question of voice... it's a question of bridge the past with the future...

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT - Why don't use some old memories on the new kitt

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:04 pm

There is only so much mythology they wanted to put into a new series. It needs to stand on its own. This KITT and the other KITT are different - so it's possible he wasn't programed to know that information. No one is saying he doesn't know that stuff - it just was alot of mythos to fit into a 2 hr movie.

Krandor
Volunteer

Post by Krandor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:07 pm

neps wrote:There is only so much mythology they wanted to put into a new series. It needs to stand on its own. This KITT and the other KITT are different - so it's possible he wasn't programed to know that information. No one is saying he doesn't know that stuff - it just was alot of mythos to fit into a 2 hr movie.
Agreed. There are a lot of questions I'd like to see answered in relation to changes from old KR to this one, but I would not want all of that put into this movie. Would have been too much. That is better left for a series. This movie did was it needed to do - reintroduce Knight Rider and setup the new characters and new KITT.

Words_vs_Pain
Volunteer

Post by Words_vs_Pain » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 pm

neps wrote:There is only so much mythology they wanted to put into a new series. It needs to stand on its own. This KITT and the other KITT are different - so it's possible he wasn't programed to know that information. No one is saying he doesn't know that stuff - it just was alot of mythos to fit into a 2 hr movie.
Yeah... it's a new a car... but program the new car with some old data....

Know what happened 25 years ago... etc... at least.

By the way... the first kitt... is dead? :(

coolbabes
Stranger

Post by coolbabes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:27 pm

I t looked like in the begining that the old KITT was either dismantled or just collecting dust in the garage next to new KITT. I'm guessing it had something to do with not being allowed to show a Pontiac in the moive but it seemed to suggest that was old KITT by close up shots of the old "KNIGHT" licesnse plate, red and black chess peice knight logo and a close up of old KITT's sensor light. Since they didn't show the whole TransAm, it could be that KITT is in peices or just that Ford won't share the spolight with a tribute shot to old KITT. (Jerks!)
Last edited by coolbabes on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Who says KR3000 doesn't know KR2000?

I remember the scene the movie-KITT says I am programmed with all of Graniers (sp?) knowledge, and Grainer built the original KR2000.

Something to think about.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Also, there is only so much of a story to tell when you only have 2 hours to tell it. I am sure if this becomes a series, that they connect the past with today.

Jeremy1973
Volunteer

Post by Jeremy1973 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:10 pm

gotigers1 wrote:Also, there is only so much of a story to tell when you only have 2 hours to tell it. I am sure if this becomes a series, that they connect the past with today.
Especially when most of the Movie was just a Mustang commercial, with a side order of more Ford Focus commercials, there wasn't much room for Knight Rider related storyline, And Ford would not allow a Trans AM appear in thier 2 hour Ford commercial . :kitt: :dash4:

Words_vs_Pain
Volunteer

Post by Words_vs_Pain » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Hum... they could update the new kitt with old memories!

This way the car will be able to talk about the past... mike father... etc etc etc...