Knight 2000 Model - In Complete Form

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight 2000 Model - In Complete Form

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:48 am

Matthews agile eyes were able to spot this:

View full: http://shadowyflight.com/newnbc/kitt_complete.jpg

We see three cars. One in the back, one under sheets, and a complete KITT - Knight 2000 model. So we've seen a K2000 without a hood - so this is a second K2000? And the baddies are walking from camera from to camera back in this too. So one would think that the forground is the K3000 - four vehicles in this garage.

thoughts?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Knight 2000 Model - In Complete Form

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:08 am

Oh, that's sweet. I completely overlooked that. Then again it is really dark. Can't wait to watch it again on the DVD I made. Nice catch, Matthew, and thanks for posting that, Neil. :)
:kitt2:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

chrisvillar
Stranger

Post by chrisvillar » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:08 am

KITT3000
KITT2000

these two are given. Here's a few possibilites for the other two:

whatever remains of KARR2000 after KITT vs. KARR
prototype 3000 series car (KARR3000???)
some other 2000 series car created after 1986
Graiman's daily driver
Mustang used for parts in construction of KITT3000
a partially built 3000 series car, maybe Graiman had plans for more than one

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 am

Thanks Neil,

Having looked at this picture a fair bit, I'm inclined to agree that we're looking at three different Knight 2000 vehicles. In the background, as you said, we see the hoodless model, in the middle we see what appears to be another Knight 2000 under a gray tarp, and in the foreground we see what appears to be a pristine condition Knight 2000.

What we obviously don't know is whether any of these are the original KITT. Given that we saw the original Knight 2000 destroyed in KITT vs. KARR, it's reasonable to assume that at least three additional vehicles were built using the 2000 specifications, one of course being Michael Knight's KITT.

What this scenario potentially leaves us with is a gathering of discarded Knight 2000 shells that may have been stripped of components in the hope of rebuilding the KITT that we grew up with. For instance, perhaps some catastrophe befell him, and he wasn't able to be saved.

Another alternative however, is that KITT has remained with Michael like most of us would expect, and what we're actually seeing is an intermediate step between the Knight 2000 and the Knight 3000, a hybrid of technologies if you will.

Neil was kind enough to remind me that maybe the SFX guys were just giving a nod to all of us, but I can't help thinking that what we're seeing in Graiman's garage will actually play a part later on, whether the pristine model is KITT devoid of his CPU, waiting for the day when Michael needs to reunite his partner with his old body, if Charles managed to create KITT a new one to live peacefully in for instance, or if the car that is indeed a hybrid of technologies with either a new, or familiar, AI installed within it.

Right now, the possibilities are endless, and I can't wait to see what David Andron has in store for us next.

Matt
Last edited by Matthew on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Dreams
Stranger

Post by Knight Dreams » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:14 am

OMG! You know, I thought I caught a glimpse of bowling ball hubcaps but I thought I was mistaken. Brilliant!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:19 am

I couldn't really see much of anything in the screen cap so I took it and upped the brightness to make it very obvious. :D

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3836 ... ghtmc6.jpg
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 am

Like the original Wilton Knight built KARR then ditched it and made KITT. Perhaps under the covers is KARR - Graiman's attempt to make a prototype of the KI3K. And then the actual KI3K. Maybe he got KARR's CPU and was (re)building KARR and found he just couldn't reprogram KARR and something happened to KITT and/or the foundation and he was given KITT's CPU to work with, which becomes the KI3K?

Would be a good premise... I can see it happening. maybe this is a way to lead in to the possibility of KARR returning? I can only hope! :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

Nah, the KI3K should remain totally new AI with no parts from the original KITT, because the computer nerd in me would hate that seeing how 20+ year old hardware just shouldn't work well enough or be compatible. But inspired by and design influence, sure.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

MSFproductionsMAIN
Volunteer

Post by MSFproductionsMAIN » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 am

I didn't think about this before. But This could almost negate the Knight Rider 2000 movie from the early 90's. Besides they didn't predict the year 2000 very well in that movie anyways. So they should pretend it Never existed.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am

The writer/producers of this show said they ignored both TKR and Knight Rider 2000, so it's safe to call it negated.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 am

Well, being that I'm into AI stuff, I could see where KITT's software could be updated and put into the new KITT. Maybe recoded a bit. But the essense of who KITT is - the personality, and maybe his memories of Micheal Knight and how he felt about him would have transferred over.

But thinking about it I think you're right because the new KITT would not be insisting he has no emotions if it were in fact the old KITT reconstructed (like in the episode with the acid pit). Because KITT was still himself - KITT. And this new KITT doesn't seem to have the memories and apparently character growth attached. It does seem like an entirely new machine starting from scratch.

And a great machine at that with LOADS of potential. :) I can't wait to see how this one evolves. :)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 am

Damn, I was gonna post something about this when I recognized this. Well we can tell for sure that there are 3 KITT's. (I have the scene actually paused now)

If you look closely you see how the thieves were looking at the old KITT and his parts with the flashlights (1), Then you see a car with a pointy nose covered (2), then we see a KITT in full form (3). I can't make a conclusion out of this but I bet you that KARR is one of them because I remember the producer wanted to bring that part back, remember KITT vs. KARR his CPU was still intact so they still have that much.

BTW another point to bring out, the producers in an interview stated they somehow wanted to make people see that KITT pieces of his "motherboard" was reconstructed and made new for this new KITT. Now that is interesting to explore for the series.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 am

is there a way to brighten that picture up a bit?

99transamgirl
Volunteer

Post by 99transamgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:52 am

maybe this is a little better. you can see the first car has the hood on it still.
Attachments
kittcompletebrightmc6-1.jpg
kittcompletebrightmc6-1.jpg (95.69 KiB) Viewed 24368 times

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:15 pm

KITT may be a "Father" to KI3K, used the same directives in the design.
Knight Industries Defence One

superman3010
Volunteer

did anyone else see 2 trans ams

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:30 pm

if everyone will re watch you will see that there is 2 trans ams 1 uncovered and in pieces and the other looks to be intact and covered up with a car cover any ideas on why or is the other trans am KARR or was the first KITT being rebuilt for some reason :kitt2: :spmgo:

knightny
Rookie

Re: did anyone else see 2 trans ams

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:27 pm

3 actually.....one in pieces, one intact and another covered. Hopefully, if it goes to series they dont ignore them like they were never there.

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 pm

yes you are right i did see 3 and there was also 3 or 4 motors hanging in there also

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:28 pm

I only saw the Mustang in back, then a covered T/A, and then an intact T/A KITT (the thing had a hood on it). I didn't notice any other cars myself but then again the area was dark. I only saw one motor too. I will have to really watch it good when it comes out on DVD.

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:40 pm

yeah fuzzy if you pause the shot of the 2 t/a's you will see right in front of the 2 there is another one in pieces but you have to realy realy look

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

I think I may have found kitts old body in the movie

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:42 pm

The bottom right corner of the screen has the shape of a trans am and the hubcaps.Its just before they show the wheel that says Knight Two Thousand which is weird because the words were removed after the pilot episode on that wheel.

BrowncoatKal
Volunteer

Post by BrowncoatKal » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 am

Hi, I took the liberty of enhancing the image so everything is clear. As I have labeled it, it appears that the Knight 3000 is most certainly the third car back in this image. What we don't see is the car with the hood off. And I would very much like to see the show go to series and would love to see the garage totally lit up.
Here's the direct link to the image...
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6167/g ... agegu5.jpg

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:47 am

great find,

but would NBC be allowed to put on the transam on screen if this goes to series ??
i thought they have an agreement with Ford exclusive ?

surely Ford wouldn't let the Transam steal the glory?
because lets be honest,

once the original KITT comes back on screen, it will own the mustang all over !!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:14 am

davidknightrider wrote:once the original KITT comes back on screen, it will own the mustang all over !!
this is only true for the fans of the old series. i assume that the KI2T won't come back before the new cast had a chance to consolidate so much that it can stand on its own.
the larger audience that isn't that affected by the old series won't get too crazy about a 26 year old car.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:02 am

When would we all know about a new series??

Is it a real possibiltiy?