I waited 26 years for this????

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

89 formula
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I waited 26 years for this????

Post by 89 formula » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 am

Wow..... I guess the only positive thing I can about the movie is that my wife, who loves "chick-flicks", seemed to like it. I don't even know where to start with the shortcoming, but here's what I hated about the movie:
1. The entire plot logic is faulted from the start: If Charles Graiman had a supercar in his garage why would he opt to take off running through the woods.
2. The new KITT: When the computer shuts down, it's no longer bullet proof, so essentially Charles Graiman spent all his time developing something inferior to what already existed. And as much as I like the retro-style Mustang, it does not fit with the theme of a futuristic super-car.
3. Why do they need to push the gay agenda with the lesbian cop scene????
4. The car is no longer the star of the show, Graiman's daughter is.

I actually think that Team Knightrider had a better chance

knightjp
Rookie

Re: I waited 26 years for this????

Post by knightjp » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:01 am

I haven't seen the movie yet... I live in the Middle east.. :(

From what I hear, you're probably right... Team Knight Rider would have had a better chance for being a proper sequel. I think it was wasn't it??
At least that's what the opening credits said...

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:01 am

89 formula wrote:1. The entire plot logic is faulted from the start: If Charles Graiman had a supercar in his garage why would he opt to take off running through the woods.
Graiman and KITT were two parts of a complete, potential weapon system. If they captured KITT AND Graiman, the bad guys would have everything they need to cause a war. I am also quite sure that Graiman did this in an effort to force the bad guys to double their efforts. First they think they're chasing him, then the car, then Sarah etc. If he stuck with KITT, there would only be one target. I didn't find this strange at all, it made good tactical sense IMO.
89 formula wrote:3. Why do they need to push the gay agenda with the lesbian cop scene????
Can someone explain to me what the "gay agenda" is? Are they holed up in a mountain somewhere building a Cyberdyne computer to take over the world? Are they building an army of transforming robots to conquer mankind? People keep using this phrase over and over and it smacks of nothing but intolerance to me. So she's gay, big deal. She's still a good agent and helped Mike on the mission. Who cares who she sleeps with?
89 formula wrote:4. The car is no longer the star of the show, Graiman's daughter is.
Say what now? KITT, Tracer and Sarah all had roughly the same amount of talk-time on screen. Just because we were introduced to Sarah first it hardly makes her the star.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Deus1138
Volunteer

Post by Deus1138 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:15 am

89 formula wrote:Wow..... I guess the only positive thing I can about the movie is that my wife, who loves "chick-flicks", seemed to like it. I don't even know where to start with the shortcoming, but here's what I hated about the movie:
1. The entire plot logic is faulted from the start: If Charles Graiman had a supercar in his garage why would he opt to take off running through the woods.
2. The new KITT: When the computer shuts down, it's no longer bullet proof, so essentially Charles Graiman spent all his time developing something inferior to what already existed. And as much as I like the retro-style Mustang, it does not fit with the theme of a futuristic super-car.
3. Why do they need to push the gay agenda with the lesbian cop scene????
4. The car is no longer the star of the show, Graiman's daughter is.

I actually think that Team Knightrider had a better chance
Someone else adequately addressed most of your concerns. I just wanted to touch on number 2. The new KITT is not inferior to the original. The original KITT had a nearly invisible exterior. But remember, KITT lost that when he got super pursuit mode, which is why they gave him super pursuit mode: to compensate for the new vulnerability. They got ahold of KITT's shell's formula, which pretty much made the shell, or any future shells, pointless. The self healing nano tech shell is a new technology and new way to achieve the same ends.

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:23 am

goldbug wrote:
89 formula wrote:1. The entire plot logic is faulted from the start: If Charles Graiman had a supercar in his garage why would he opt to take off running through the woods.
Graiman and KITT were two parts of a complete, potential weapon system. If they captured KITT AND Graiman, the bad guys would have everything they need to cause a war. I am also quite sure that Graiman did this in an effort to force the bad guys to double their efforts. First they think they're chasing him, then the car, then Sarah etc. If he stuck with KITT, there would only be one target. I didn't find this strange at all, it made good tactical sense IMO.
89 formula wrote:3. Why do they need to push the gay agenda with the lesbian cop scene????
Can someone explain to me what the "gay agenda" is? Are they holed up in a mountain somewhere building a Cyberdyne computer to take over the world? Are they building an army of transforming robots to conquer mankind? People keep using this phrase over and over and it smacks of nothing but intolerance to me. So she's gay, big deal. She's still a good agent and helped Mike on the mission. Who cares who she sleeps with?
89 formula wrote:4. The car is no longer the star of the show, Graiman's daughter is.
Say what now? KITT, Tracer and Sarah all had roughly the same amount of talk-time on screen. Just because we were introduced to Sarah first it hardly makes her the star.

If you're so concerned about someone capturing KITT and Graiman simultaneously, you don't leave them unprotected in an desolate cabin out in the woods.

Okay, I must have been mistaken, there is no gay agenda in Hollywood.

KITT is no longer the star, because KITT is no longer the hero. Graiman's daughter makes the crucial decisions and that is what makes her the star.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:24 am

Weak complaint. His car escaped and his body double was killed. After being in seclusion for 25 years and trying to maintain the illusion of being killed, did you expect him to call a taxi?
89 formula wrote:2. The new KITT: When the computer shuts down, it's no longer bullet proof, so essentially Charles Graiman spent all his time developing something inferior to what already existed. And as much as I like the retro-style Mustang, it does not fit with the theme of a futuristic super-car.
With every new technology, there is always some type of setback in the real world. This K.I.T.T. is no different. Besides, if K.I.T.T. were completely invincible, he'd be like Superman in the sense that it wouldn't be as much fun knowing that he could do just about anything without getting hurt. The nanotechnology is more high-tech than the Molecular Bonded Shell, albeit with the vulnerability shortcoming once K.I.T.T.'s A.I. is shut down.

It gives Carrie's character a level of depth and sets the tone for the edginess of the potential new series. It's not the '80s anymore and it wasn't like there was any sex being shoved in our faces or anything.
Nonsense. The car looked like it got plenty of screen time and its own scenes to me. The only time the car ever really went away was toward the end, where Mike and Sarah attended the funeral.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 am

Well, we've seen in more than one episode, what happened, when the bad guys got hold of KITT, his body or the molecular bonded shell. So this would be a weapon you cannot really stop.
The new technology ensures, that as long as KITT, who is programmed to protect life, works, the car can be invincible. But when you turn of KITT, it's just a normal car.
Seems like a precaution to me. Although I didn't like it at first, I have to admit that from this point of view it actually would make sense.

I am everything but disappointed. I loved it!!!!

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 am

It sucked, pure and simple. I'll just say this....the execs wanted it to be a HUGE disappointment just like Bionic woman and half today's shows are, with exception of Sarah's Chronicles which is great, so please put down your bourbon and mistresses to get a real life.

Let's compare both original premier's to get this going.....

We were blown away by KITT's upper and lower dash. His voice was human. It didn't wait for the garage door, just bashed though it. Micheal flipped out when KITT was driving while he was alseep then KITT told Michael to act as though he had a disability to get out of a ticket. There's more following humorous and serious Michael and KITT interaction including Micheal's sheer will to stop the bad guys even though he's seriously hurt. He turbo-boosted through a semi then jumped over one. KITT took out a plane's wing on the runway then finally ricocheted her bullet to her death too. IN short, KITT was the FUTURE! OH yeah, you never saw Michael in bed with a woman.

Now, the new premiere......

This KITT is just plain, nothing else. Dash is just a revised ONSTAR with his voice box resembling a heartbeat monitor on life support lol. That's one quick-ass garage door opener that KITT should have just plowed through. Cars do not squeal tires on wet pavement nor does ONSTAR know where every vehicle is unless all driver's needed emergency. A morphing? Where cause I didn't see it other than bad colors. IN short, KITT used other computer's abilities instead of having it's own supercapabilites and couldn't outrun a 5000lb SUV so it barracaded it. PLUS, Michael is a complete whack out job compared to dad. For a former Navy seal(or whatever special unit it was), he humiliates it with that hairdo and awful apartment. Wakes up with women in bed, gambler, and very suprised they didn't have him wearing earrings too. THE FBI is a lesbian LOL!

The old KITT blew the new one away again! Glen Larson should be ashamed at himself for executive producing this one! The old KITT was pure cinematography while the new one has too much green-skinned filming.

3 out of 10. It was a huge disappointment.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:50 am

optimus wrote:It sucked, pure and simple. I'll just say this....the execs wanted it to be a HUGE disappointment just like Bionic woman and half today's shows are, with exception of Sarah's Chronicles which is great, so please put down your bourbon and mistresses to get a real life.
Right. Of course the executives would intentionally sabotage their own shows after all the money spent on effects and advertising, especially on a struggling network that needs all the help with ratings it can get. I've been a member of this site for 4 years now, and I want to congratulate you on making the dumbest comment I've ever read on here.
optimus wrote:A morphing? Where cause I didn't see it other than bad colors.
I recommend you watch the telepic again, then. The morphing was there and it was even emphasized in some shots.
optimus wrote:IN short, KITT used other computer's abilities instead of having it's own supercapabilites and couldn't outrun a 5000lb SUV so it barracaded it.
This is the only thing you've said that is actually a valid complaint. But what you're missing is the fact that K.I.T.T.'s capability was the fact that he could tap into other computer systems. I see what you're saying, but it didn't really bother me, personally.
optimus wrote:PLUS, Michael is a complete whack out job compared to dad. For a former Navy seal(or whatever special unit it was), he humiliates it with that hairdo and awful apartment. Wakes up with women in bed, gambler, and very suprised they didn't have him wearing earrings too.
Uh, that's the idea. Hello!
Last edited by Lost Knight on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

kitt1987
Recruit

Post by kitt1987 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:52 am

I'm hoping everyone doesn't forget that most likely the reason this car does not have a molecular bonded shell like the original KITT is if you recall from the original series...no one man knew the entire formula...it was split between 3 different scientists so far all we know is two of them are dead (Devon being one of them)...nothing came to light on what happened with the third.
That being the case, this new nanotech is the next best thing that could be added on to KITT. Makes perfect sense.
I for one thought the movie was very well done. Definately a step in the logical direction. If anyone wants to watch the Hoff drive around in an old Trans Am then pop in the dvd's! And this is coming from a 35 year old who grew up loving the original.
Cheers to the new (possible) show! :)

99transamgirl
Volunteer

Post by 99transamgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:03 am

I will always like KITT as a trans am better. The car was more mysterious, too me. The new KITT seems a little plain. Also, I have always been a trans am and knight rider fan. I own three trans ams. I'm not a ford fan at all. Just my opinion though. :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am

Deus1138 wrote: Someone else adequately addressed most of your concerns. I just wanted to touch on number 2. The new KITT is not inferior to the original. The original KITT had a nearly invisible exterior. But remember, KITT lost that when he got super pursuit mode, which is why they gave him super pursuit mode: to compensate for the new vulnerability. They got ahold of KITT's shell's formula, which pretty much made the shell, or any future shells, pointless. The self healing nano tech shell is a new technology and new way to achieve the same ends.

KITT was only with out the MBS for one episode, well two if you consider Knight of the Juggernaut being split into two episodes in later airings and syndication. It wasn't done to make up for anything, except to try and attract some of the kids that were Transformer fans.

Anyway, who really cares that Carrie sexual preference? A orientation we're not even 100% sure of yet, she might be a straight up lesbian, she could be bi or hell she might have just given a poor stranger a place to stay for the night with no sort of "funny business". :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:24 am

although i already know that arguing with you is pointless i will do the don Quijote once just for you:

not KITT bashed through the garage door, it was Michael driving. he wanted to test if this car would actually prevent any kind of accident... it didn't because it only works "when the system is working" (to loosely quote Devon's response to this)

in generell i think after 26 years you're definately glorifying the old pilot way too much!
and naturally, a new show can't just re-tell the old stories just so you can say "right, that's exactly what they did a quarter of a century ago". it's important to get the tone of the old series, and the new movie did this quite well!

ah, already tired of this... so go on then and hate the new movie, i love it :D
optimus wrote:It sucked, pure and simple. I'll just say this....the execs wanted it to be a HUGE disappointment just like Bionic woman and half today's shows are, with exception of Sarah's Chronicles which is great, so please put down your bourbon and mistresses to get a real life.

Let's compare both original premier's to get this going.....

We were blown away by KITT's upper and lower dash. His voice was human. It didn't wait for the garage door, just bashed though it. Micheal flipped out when KITT was driving while he was alseep then KITT told Michael to act as though he had a disability to get out of a ticket. There's more following humorous and serious Michael and KITT interaction including Micheal's sheer will to stop the bad guys even though he's seriously hurt. He turbo-boosted through a semi then jumped over one. KITT took out a plane's wing on the runway then finally ricocheted her bullet to her death too. IN short, KITT was the FUTURE! OH yeah, you never saw Michael in bed with a woman.

Now, the new premiere......

This KITT is just plain, nothing else. Dash is just a revised ONSTAR with his voice box resembling a heartbeat monitor on life support lol. That's one quick-ass garage door opener that KITT should have just plowed through. Cars do not squeal tires on wet pavement nor does ONSTAR know where every vehicle is unless all driver's needed emergency. A morphing? Where cause I didn't see it other than bad colors. IN short, KITT used other computer's abilities instead of having it's own supercapabilites and couldn't outrun a 5000lb SUV so it barracaded it. PLUS, Michael is a complete whack out job compared to dad. For a former Navy seal(or whatever special unit it was), he humiliates it with that hairdo and awful apartment. Wakes up with women in bed, gambler, and very suprised they didn't have him wearing earrings too. THE FBI is a lesbian LOL!

The old KITT blew the new one away again! Glen Larson should be ashamed at himself for executive producing this one! The old KITT was pure cinematography while the new one has too much green-skinned filming.

3 out of 10. It was a huge disappointment.

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 am

Lost Knight wrote:
Weak complaint. His car escaped and his body double was killed. After being in seclusion for 25 years and trying to maintain the illusion of being killed, did you expect him to call a taxi?
89 formula wrote:2. The new KITT: When the computer shuts down, it's no longer bullet proof, so essentially Charles Graiman spent all his time developing something inferior to what already existed. And as much as I like the retro-style Mustang, it does not fit with the theme of a futuristic super-car.
With every new technology, there is always some type of setback in the real world. This K.I.T.T. is no different. Besides, if K.I.T.T. were completely invincible, he'd be like Superman in the sense that it wouldn't be as much fun knowing that he could do just about anything without getting hurt. The nanotechnology is more high-tech than the Molecular Bonded Shell, albeit with the vulnerability shortcoming once K.I.T.T.'s A.I. is shut down.

It gives Carrie's character a level of depth and sets the tone for the edginess of the potential new series. It's not the '80s anymore and it wasn't like there was any sex being shoved in our faces or anything.
Nonsense. The car looked like it got plenty of screen time and its own scenes to me. The only time the car ever really went away was toward the end, where Mike and Sarah attended the funeral.

1. You missed my point. KITT was still in the garage when Graiman went out the back door. No need for a taxi when you have KITT.
2. So you aree, the new KITT IS inferior.
3. No, Knight Rider never shoved sex in our faces.
4. Just because the car got as much screen time, it does not make it the star. The cruicial decision was made by Sarah, she's the hero. What I loved most about the original TV series was how KITT was able to "outmuscle" the bad guys, leaving them with stunned looks on their faces. A bit over the top, yes, but that's what made the show.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 am

the reason this car does not have a molecular bonded shell like the original KITT is if you recall from the original series...no one man knew the entire formula...it was split between 3 different scientists so far all we know is two of them are dead (Devon being one of them)

Now I have a question, it may be a dumb one, but here it is......................

..........wouldn't someone have to know all 3 parts of the MBS???? Other wise how would each of 3 men only know 2 parts? How would they know there was a 3rd part. Someone would have to have told them, right ? Also, Wouldn't someone somewhere have to know all 3 parts of the MBS to even test so they knew it would work?

Does that make any sense? :shock:

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:47 am

It's funny when people use INTELLIGENCE and FACTS FROM THE PAST to dispute most of these complaints about the show.

It's ok to have a few complaints (theme music, cargo plane, holes in Mike's heritage) but still like the movie. But when you start bashing EVERYTHING (too much sex and gayness!! KITT looking up too much info!!! NBC having an agenda!!!! invinsibility good morphing bad!!! :roll: ) then you lose all credibility. If you really knew the old series you would know the formula for the shell was split up among 3 people and Charles was not one of them. So clearly he had to come up with something new. Also, this gives the writers a better chance to come up with better storries than the car being completely invicnible. Whats the fun in that?

Bottomline, those who are completely bashing the movie rather than having on open mind were never going to give this show a good rating no matter what happened. The only way they would have liked the show is if it was filled with THEIR own ideas. And since you are not legit hollywood writers you clearly have no real talent so why dont you just go away.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 pm

89 formula wrote:If you're so concerned about someone capturing KITT and Graiman simultaneously, you don't leave them unprotected in an desolate cabin out in the woods.
Sure you do. Remember, they were hiding away and even described the original KR's adventures as being in "another place". The house had security measures, but they went down because of the power being cut. The point is they were hidden, but "just in case" they were found, the double was there to give Graiman time to run for it and for KITT to split.
89 formula wrote:KITT is no longer the star, because KITT is no longer the hero. Graiman's daughter makes the crucial decisions and that is what makes her the star.
Actually no, let's look at some examples:

1) Charles himself makes the decision to send KITT to Sarah and recruit Mike.

2) Mike decides to help Sarah despite his initial reluctance. Once he puts that ear piece on, he is in charge and shows the bad guys that he's no slouch.

3) KITT himself makes a "command decision" early on when Sarah insists on going to find her father but KITT basically says "And what are YOU going to do?" He knew they needed help and didn't just cave in to Sarah's emotional reaction.

4) Charles makes the decision to recruit Mike, and by the end - he agrees and it's Rivai that gives him the mission specs. Sarah did not make these choices (which are arguably the most crucial to a potential series).

Did Sarah make some calls? Sure. But so did most of the other characters involved. I never got the impression it was "all about Sarah" as you seem to believe.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:07 pm

In Knight of the Phoenix, does it really make any logical sense that Buddy was in KITT during the demolition derby? Seriously? No, but it was an excuse to put a kid in the middle of the action.

I have no logical problem with Charles not escaping in KITT. If he knew people were looking for him, it would have been difficult for him to go out and find Sarah and Mike. It was safer for him to go into hiding. It's pretty rare that sending out a talking Mustang on a mission is the "subtle" way to go, but it makes sense here.

It's only natural that we are going to use the original series as the standard by which to measure the new movie. That's fair. But then we have to acknowledge all of the logical flaws and other issues with the original as well.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
optimus wrote:PLUS, Michael is a complete whack out job compared to dad. For a former Navy seal(or whatever special unit it was), he humiliates it with that hairdo and awful apartment. Wakes up with women in bed, gambler, and very suprised they didn't have him wearing earrings too.
Uh, that's the idea. Hello!

The idea is to entrust this new super-weapon to someone who can't even take care of himself? Why not just give it to a junkie?

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:17 pm

goldbug wrote:
3) KITT himself makes a "command decision" early on when Sarah insists on going to find her father but KITT basically says "And what are YOU going to do?" He knew they needed help and didn't just cave in to Sarah's emotional reaction.
Okay the new KITT made one good decision. But as I said before, what I really missed is how KITT used to leave the bad guys with their jaws dropped. That's the star/hero KITT that I was hoping to see again. To me, that's what really made Knight Rider the awesome show that it was. Am I way off on this?

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:It's only natural that we are going to use the original series as the standard by which to measure the new movie. That's fair. But then we have to acknowledge all of the logical flaws and other issues with the original as well.
Right. The problem is, most people look upon source material with rose tinted glasses. This happened with "Transformers" as well, where all of a sudden people elevated the original series to something beyond the silly fun it was most of the time when the movie came out. Comparisons are inevitable, but you have to get a fresh perspective by first revisiting the source material. That's why I rewatched the original pilot recently, to remind myself of the good, bad AND ugly before watching this movie.

Jeremy1973
Volunteer

Post by Jeremy1973 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:24 pm

After watching this new Knight Rider /Ford commercial, I thought there were some positives as well as negatives, I will watch the new series if it comes out ,even though I hate the that the new kitt is a Mustang, the action was pretty good after the first hour .
I was starting to get really bored, angry, and impatient with this knew K.R. t.v. movie pilot through the first hour, I was losing what little interest I had in this movie( after the KITT Mustang was revealed), Because of the following reasons:
1.) As an original K.R. fan since childhood, I was pissed that the only "appearance" of the original KITT was very disapointing in that , the only parts of KITT that I noticed, were the KNIGHT liscense plate, and part of the Gull wing steering wheel, there was a tarp covering something that I assumed was the gutted frame and shell of KITT, but that didn't even show even a hint of the Trans Am's shape , It was as though Ford was too paranoid, worried, or egotistical ,to even let NBC show the highly recognizable Original Trans Am versions gutted shell or even old concept drawings laying around, or up on the walls of the shop, in this new Ford powered K.R. show.
I would have liked it if , at the end of this Movie they would have had Michael Knight drive off from the funeral in the Original KITT and have Mike drive off in the Mustang, it would be like saying goodbye to an old legend while welcoming the new one, But NOOOOOO! The stuffed shirts at Ford didn't have enough vision, or respect for us Original Knight Rider fans while filming this latest Ford COMMERCIAL.

2.) We allready know that the knew KITT is a Mustang, that being said; Why does the new KITT have to have all of the Ford Logos still attached to the shell? The Pontiac Trans AM Firebird didn't have all of the GMC/Pontiac firebird Logos plastered all over the original KITT.
I was trying to give the new show a chance and not judge it to harshly because of the Mustang abomination, but the FIRST HOUR seemed to be little more than a Ford commercial as I had feared it would be, Especially how they zoomed in on the Cobra emblem in Slow Mo several times, and on the Ford logo on the rear of the new KITT.
Yes we all know that the new vehicle is a Ford ,Us original fans don't need nor want the Ford Mustang logos slapping us in the face every scene, especially if you want us to continue to watch the show.

3.) The interior of the Mustang KITT , especially the dash and Voice Box. I found this was very boring and bland at best compaired to the Trans AM KITT's dash. In my opinion the CPU monitor /voice box, looked like an oversized I-Pod screen with a heart monitor , I didn't like the voice box at all , I thought that the keyboard popping emerging out of the dash was cool, but I found it to be less interesting than the fully voice operated Knight Industries Two Thousand.
Things I liked about the new K.R. t.v. movie;
1.) I liked New Kitt's sense of humor , especially when it asked Mike if he was a homosexual , I laughed my butt off on that one and that seemed to be the turning point from the boring first hour Ford commercial, and actually getting on with the Knight Rider Movie instead of the Ford Mustang movie.

2.) I liked the action scenes especially when Mike was Kicking some buttocks with his martial arts/combat skills.

3.) I also liked the Hoff appearance and the hint of futer appearances, It would be nice to see the Mustang KITT w/ Mike, team up at least once with Michael Knight who would be driving the Trans AM KITT , to keep us Original fans happy and watching the new K.R. in the hopes of seeing the Knight Industries Two Thousand again. :kitt:

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:39 pm

If you look closely in the garage scene, you can see KI2T under the sheet. you saw the engine hanigng and if you blink you'll miss it but i'm pretty sure i saw the bowling ball hubcaps still on the wheels sticking out from under the sheet. There were thing i liked and thing i didn't so much but overall it was pretty good.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Wow the world is full of ignorant people. 89 it seems like you don't want to enjoy entertainment but condemn the work of others. If you watched the full four seasons of Knight Rider which I have like a million times on DVD you would see that many of the story lines didn't make sense as far as being goody goody show for it's time it wasn't. Michael Knight drinking in the pilot and don't say it wasn't beer or it was ginger ale give me a break. The countless womanizing every episode he was kissing a girl .Kitt was hacked into by a commodore 64 and people are going to complain about the new KItt being hacked very hypocritical. Numerous times Kitt was destroyed or tampered with and in one KITT didn't want to follow Michael into a COMPOUND SAYING DO I HAVE TO GO IN THERE-makes sense that a super car would say that right. So before you bash something go buy season 1-4 and educate yourself because you make no sense.

89 formula
Recruit

Post by 89 formula » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:25 pm

ckeller22 wrote:Wow the world is full of ignorant people. 89 it seems like you don't want to enjoy entertainment but condemn the work of others. If you watched the full four seasons of Knight Rider which I have like a million times on DVD you would see that many of the story lines didn't make sense as far as being goody goody show for it's time it wasn't. Michael Knight drinking in the pilot and don't say it wasn't beer or it was ginger ale give me a break. The countless womanizing every episode he was kissing a girl .Kitt was hacked into by a commodore 64 and people are going to complain about the new KItt being hacked very hypocritical. Numerous times Kitt was destroyed or tampered with and in one KITT didn't want to follow Michael into a COMPOUND SAYING DO I HAVE TO GO IN THERE-makes sense that a super car would say that right. So before you bash something go buy season 1-4 and educate yourself because you make no sense.
Ouch, I was under the impression that this site was an open forum for Knight Rider fans to express their thoughts and opinions. I waited for over two decades for the movie and I did not like it so I started this post hoping to provoke a discussion, which it did. Granted, some members are taking a very defensive stance, and that's fine, they're entitled to their opinion because that's what an open discussion is all about. I welcome your rebuttal, but please don't sit there implying that I'm ignorant because I did not like the movie.