mike tracer mother

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

hm
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

mike tracer mother

Post by hm » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:19 pm

I've just read that mike tracer mother is Jennifer Knight. Not sure how accurate it is or what.
Here's the link anyway
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv ... 3005.story

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: mike tracer mother

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:36 pm

It doesn't really state that much just that her name is Jennifer and then mentions the speculation that it is Jennifer Knight. I really don't think it'll be her, that's just too creepy to where it's almost incest, maybe not literally since they don't share DNA but the fact that Michael looks exactly like her brother would just be messed up and I don't think it fits time line wise unless they're screw with it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Jennifer Shell from 'Return to Cadiz' does fit timeline wise though since she met Michael in 1983. Going by the original air date, which was the 30th October 1983, Mike would then be born around July 1984. Since Mike will be 23 on the 17th February 2008, that'll make him 24 years of age if the pilot launches a series that airs towards the end of the year.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:18 pm

what I have thought is, it may not been someone we ever seen in the original Knight RIder, could just be a name written in.

Just like for exapmle,"Knight if the Chameilion" we had never seen the him before.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:39 pm

I am overlooking some of the posts because of potential spoilers.

I don't know if anyone has come up with this idea yet (and I know this isn't the route they went with the telepic), but a cool idea would have been to have Mike Traceur being the son of Garthe Knight. That would make him a true blood-related member of the Knight family. And Garthe would've never known that he had a son due to his incarceration and probable womanizing. That would mean Mike's mother could have been somebody Garthe knew, and would avoid the problem of having to find an episode in the series where Michael could have fathered a child.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:45 pm

It's been mentioned here before many times, maybe by you even?

But I don't really care for the idea because it would seem like a horrible bait and switch. The twist would be more of a bad thing than good. It's not so hard to find a woman that would have got involved with Michael since he was a bit of a ladies man back in the day. I'd rather Garthe have his own bastard child or children somewhere to emerge later. I wrote a somewhat long post about that and where it could go with a potential resurrection of KARR not too long ago, it only got a handful of replies.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, I figured it's been mentioned a lot, but I've been making a conscious effort to try and overlook some posts that either have spoilers or speculate too much. I'm convinced too much speculation will mean either we'll figure the answer out or be disappointed when we find out what the real deal is. But there have been wacky plot lines throughout the original series, too, and it appears as if one of the aspects that the producers are trying to preserve is the fact that the show shouldn't take itself too seriously.

Also, PHOENIXZERO, if not many people replied to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't like or agree with your ideas, just maybe that they have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:02 am

I know, I'm quite use to it after all these years. :P

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I know this is far fetch maybe it could happen.

Could it be that Mike Tracer's mother is Bonnie Barstow. The reason I am saying this is because the actress who played her looks like Bonnie, she knows about the original kitt, and she is cut off from Technology.

1.) Sometime after the series ended or during the forth season after Stevie was gunned down Bonnie and Micheal hooked up.

2.) She is hiding because she someone wants her dead hint the she has a gun because she knows about KITT.

3) Witness protection gave her a new name hence the name Jennifer Tracer and the reason Micheal Knight put her in hiding so no one can find her.

4.) She has not used a phone or computer in 20 years because she is hiding from someone hence the witness protection and she knows if she can track her online or phone service someone can track her hiding place.

Just thought. I know it is far fetched but just maybe

Wally

DJCHRISSTEVENS
Recruit

Post by DJCHRISSTEVENS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:02 pm

That is a very interesting thought Wally. I am quite shocked too and am not quite sure who really would be the mother of Mike Tracer. If anything they should reveal it soon in the series if the show is revived that is. :lol:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Very far fetched, Mike's year of birth is 1982 which means I guess they changed his age to make him older and so it makes "kid we never knew he had, but he did" thing make even less sense.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:37 am

Did anyone else notice that when Mike was talking to Michael....Michael said his mother loved him from the bery first day...he didn't say from the day you were born. I have a feeling that if brought to series, sometime in there they'll create a story where Jennifer Tracer was either his adopted or chosen mother and that his real mother is still alive somewhere. This could happen at the beginning of Season 2 and create a season long arc with the reveal coming that it really is Bonnie or April or Jennifer Knight. Something like that. Whether it will happen or not is another story but they definately left the door open to explore it. There's definately more to explore with Jennifer Tracer like why she's cut off from the world, doesn't have a phone or technology, etc. Something obviously happened there.

EDIT: And does anyone else think that the baddies "client" that they had talked about but never mentioned by name could possibly be Garth or some other villian from the Knight rider mythos? Sure garth is assumed to be dead from what i've read here, but that hasn't stopped any show from bringing people that are supposed to be dead back to the show and miraculously not dead after all.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Well Tracer might look older than 25 because he has fought in Iraq! One thing I have noticed since I got out of the USN, people who are more submissive in their personality see me as looking older than 30, people who are more dominant see me as younger than 30....the truth is I just turned 30 in January! lol...he looks about 25 or so to me... :)

--Brian

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:14 pm

hi i taped it how do i remove the commericals from my tape on my computer is there a program i can down load
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:53 pm

I find it funny to see how they got Jennifer Knight was his mother if they actually watched the movie before reviewing it.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Very far fetched, Mike's year of birth is 1982 which means I guess they changed his age to make him older and so it makes "kid we never knew he had, but he did" thing make even less sense.

Just saw a screen cap and saw the initial post I thought stated it was 1982, he was in fact born in 1983....

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 pm

I remember 83. It was a good year. Family road trip from Ohio to California.

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:09 pm

I think it was someone that we never met.
Remember what KITT said to Michael in 'Trust Doesn't Rust'?
"Why do you need to socialize with so many women?"
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:59 pm

Right, Michael was quite the manslut in his day, kind of like Kirk... I wish more people would understand that.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:23 pm

If anyone's interested,she's on lost as the lawyer cross examining Kate in court.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:15 pm

I thought that was her. I kept thinking to myself where have I seen her recently. Thanks!

Kelso
Stranger

Post by Kelso » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:55 pm

If Jennifer Traceur had to be someone we saw in the series... Linda Elliott (S.1 'Inside Out') would be a good choice. She had the right build/coloration and given her relationship with Michael in that ep. it's plausible that they may have knocked boots afterward. Also, if she feared retribution from Col. Kincade or a member of his organization... it would make sense for her to change her name and go into hiding. FLAG surely would have assisted her in this even before she had a little Knight in the oven... perhaps even offering facial reconstruction surgery.

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:27 am

OK, now your going to make me wanna see all the women he was with in the first season.
It's been awhile since I watched the DVDs anyway. I would really suprised if it was someone shown on screen (or mentioned).
I get the funny feeling its someone mentioned in 'Trust Doesn't Rust'
"Rosalyn is the other one, she lives down by the beach"
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

KRisBack
Recruit

Post by KRisBack » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Lost Knight wrote:.............a cool idea would have been to have Mike Traceur being the son of Garthe Knight. That would make him a true blood-related member of the Knight family.
Luke (whoooshheeee) I..am your father....(whoooshheeee)

HoffHastler
Stranger

Post by HoffHastler » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Ok, I was just thinking.. remember way way back in the early days of KR there was an April before the Bonnie? Maybe it could be her. I don't remember if Devon had any children, but if he had a daughter it could be her. Then I was also thinking it could be the girl that Michael Long had been engaged to. I don't remember her name but I think she was in the 2 part episode called Free Bird? Maybe Michael went back to her, told her his identity, then she had to be put into protection and they changed her name and stuff. Anyways, these are just my rambelings. Take Care!