NBC Knight Rider TWO MINUTE preview

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

thecolor
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: NBC Knight Rider TWO MINUTE preview

Post by thecolor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:28 pm

I wonder if K.I.T.T. or Michael will make a camio (spelling).

It probably would have worked to have Michale (David H.) do the new K.I.T.T.'s voice, especially if it is a "legacy".

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Is this a positive or negative comment?
Don't worry about it. I was just thinking out loud and the fact that no one has given us a clear explanation as to how this character came about to play the new Knight Rider hero!
there is a need to introduce new characters and a new young hero. The Hoff as Michael Knight was awesome he was young daring lone crusader fighting crime. He was in his late 20's early 30's not 50 years old. To have David to be the lead and hero with a fifty something Michael Knight would be a disaster for them. The Knight Rider fan base might like it but you would turn off the new generation in which they want to appeal to as well.
See, that's the problem, age! Why would someone with a really good background in the showbiz and a goodlooking face not to mention bodyfisique be unsuited for this movie? People nag about the fact that the movie is about the Knight 3000 and not the Knight 2000 that we are so devoted to, so what? People age and for startes he (Hasselhoff) doesn't look that bad at all...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:06 pm

He might have been the product of a one night stand which Michael. They apparently don't know each other, at least from what info has been released so far in previews and interviews.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:56 pm

He might have been the product of a one night stand which Michael. They apparently don't know each other, at least from what info has been released so far in previews and interviews.
Exactly and there you go... so what does that say about Michael Knight? That he sleeps with randomly selected women (heaven forbid)!

The plot not only excludes him from actually appearing in the movie but it also potrays him as a person who's not responsible as a father...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Uhh what? It's been confirmed for a couple months now that he shows up. In the original series Michael wasn't exactly a someone who had any long term relationships during the series or real relationships period outside of Stevie and even that wasn't really much after Michael Long "died". Do you think that after all those episodes of Knight Rider and the "babes of the week" that he didn't get anymore than a kiss from them? Doesn't mean they have to be random.

Besides that, there could be a very good reason why he and Mike don't know.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 am

Uhh what? It's been confirmed for a couple months now that he shows up. In the original series Michael wasn't exactly a someone who had any long term relationships during the series or real relationships period outside of Stevie and even that wasn't really much after Michael Long "died". Do you think that after all those episodes of Knight Rider and the "babes of the week" that he didn't get anymore than a kiss from them? Doesn't mean they have to be random.
I'd like to see that information, please and besides I'm not talking about Michael having a relationship in the series, I don't care! What bothers me is how this Mick character came about!
Besides that, there could be a very good reason why he and Mike don't know.
Any ideas of what a very good reason could be?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:01 am

Whether Michael slept around or not I don't think thats the reason Mike didn't know his father. Charles Gramin was hidden to keep him safe - perhaps Mike was hidden for the same reason. In order for Michael Knight to be Michael Knight - he needs to remain a loner. We saw what happened with Stevie...

thecolor
Volunteer

Post by thecolor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:18 am

This is a little mini series of its own. ;)

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 am

Would Mike not have been born before Knight Rider started...? I could just be going on the actor's age here 'cause Justin said he is 28 in real life, but is Mike Traceur about 25 then? He would have to have been born pretty close to the beginning then.

Also, remember, Michael Knight doesn't exist... this could have some bearing too on how Mike has been written, whether he was born before Michael Long dies or not.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 pm

He's 23 unless that's been changed. So the character would've been born in either 1984 or '85.

thecolor
Volunteer

Post by thecolor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:13 am

well, there we have it... Michael Knight is Michael Traceur's father... and being absent (without explanation) makes him (in many eyes) a poor dad. :P It would be nice to see D.H. have more of a role in the series... with perhaps a K.I.T.T. (brother to brother) show (where they work together). :)