"Knightmares"

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTFAN2003
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Knightmares"

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:40 am

I must say that I was rivoted throught this episode. It was great seeing our hero, the victim of amnesia, revert to his Micheal Long persona. It was a great way to visit Michael's past life and a great way for the viewer to see what Michael was like pre-FLAG 8)

I did wonder though what would've been done by FLAG if Michael had not regained his memory :?:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:25 pm

In my opinion, he'd end up having to go through his whole evolution again from the way he did from Season 1.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:39 pm

i thought that was a superb episode too. season two was a very strong season for characterisation, and for delving into the whole "knight rider" universe and back story, with knightmares being a definite highlight.

DBZ KITT
Recruit

Post by DBZ KITT » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:03 pm

I loved the looks on his face when he 'met' Kitt and when he turbo boosted in front of the mail man. :D

KITTgoVrOoM
Recruit

Post by KITTgoVrOoM » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:11 pm

DBZ KITT wrote:I loved the looks on his face when he 'met' Kitt and when he turbo boosted in front of the mail man. :D
HEHE That was funny. I kinda thought it was cute, also, how KITT was following Micheal like a puppy, hoping he would remember him. Actually I thought most of the show was cute as KITT was trying to help Micheal out to remember.

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:04 pm

Yeah,I liked that scene too,KittgoVrOom! When Kitt is following Michael as they pass the mailman,you hear and see Kitt's scanner going back and forth! :lol: It kinda of reminded me of a 2-yr old child giving mom the old "sad puppy eyes" look when they want something really,really bad! :lol:

KITTgoVrOoM
Recruit

Post by KITTgoVrOoM » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:41 pm

LOL the mail man! I kinda forgot the mail man......his facial expressions when he saw KITT was funny! HAHA :lol:

hehe yeah, that was cute.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:16 am

Soul Sista wrote:Yeah,I liked that scene too,KittgoVrOom! When Kitt is following Michael as they pass the mailman,you hear and see Kitt's scanner going back and forth! :lol: It kinda of reminded me of a 2-yr old child giving mom the old "sad puppy eyes" look when they want something really,really bad! :lol:
hehheh, never thought of it that way, but nice one :D

and one of my fave scenes is devon at the very end when he realises michael has his memory back but isn't letting on :D :D lmao!

ps. soul sista, your quote, is that anything to do with Gundam Wing?

KITTFAN2003
Recruit

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:54 pm

HEHE That was funny. I kinda thought it was cute, also, how KITT was following Micheal like a puppy, hoping he would remember him.

That whole scene was so funny cause it remineded you of the brother/sister who always followed you everywhere and you were telling him/Her to "Get lost!" or "Beat it" like MK was to KITT :D

Knights Shadow
Stranger

Post by Knights Shadow » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:26 pm

i loved this episode too. definatly one of my favorites. i record all the shows and keep the best ones and this was a keeper. i really enjoyed the interaction between michel and KITT when he had forgotten who he was and the "puppy dog" part was to die for, lol.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:32 pm

Here's a possible nitpick that i picked up. Was it really necessary for Michael to turbo boost into the wall? That vent in the ground was there already, so he could have just gone up to it and opened it and let her out. He wasn't far from it at all, took him 3 seconds to get there. Dunno, maybe i'm wrong.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:36 pm

It's not a nitpick, there is some actual scientific theory behind it.

The water was filling the tube faster than Michael and KITT could get to it. If they had gotten up to the grate, and the water had filled it, it would have caused a vacuum effect making the grate extremely hard to get off, and also potentially slamming Cara into the grate, squishing her into it. They had to get the water pipe to stop filling the tube so that they could get there in time. Hence, KITT turbo boost into wall, shatter tube, make water go down, buy them actual time to get screaming victim out.

KI

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:32 pm

It's G Gundam to be exact Knightrider-ni. :wink: I just started watching that show when Cartoon Network made it part of the Toonami lineup.It's pretty darn 8) !

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:42 pm

sorry to be o/t folks but:

soul sista, i think i've seen about three different comics with "gundam" in their title, and now this one is new too. i take it they are all part of a big japanese franchise that i'd never heard about. our new channel CNX has just started showing it, you see.

and to go back on/t, hence this post in the first place ;) :

KI, love the theory. never thought about the vacuum effect, always assumed that we just didn't see all of the drive up to it, or that those last few seconds that it gave them (if we DID see all of the drive up to the vent) cuda been her last.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:27 pm

If the dam in "Knightmares" is Sepulveda dam, then there seems to be one "nitpick" in the turboboost to the wall.
The turboboost begins from the road which goes on top of the dam. Then KITT hit's the wall and lands to the other side of the dam.

When KITT is landing, you can see the structure where KITT just hit and the same road going on top of the dam where they began that turboboost!
KITT should've been landing back to the road, not dropping down there but of course it looks much more cooler when KITT drops down there ;)

-KITTfan-