just saw new knight rider preview

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Duster
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: just saw new knight rider preview

Post by Duster » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 pm

ckeller22 wrote:It will be an ear piece you can see it in several pics and in clips if you look. The producers said they were going with blue tooth technology in this version.
To communicate with KITT? Okay... I must have missed that info. Thanks.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Your welcome. I think the watch thing is something old and there trying for new things. I could be wrong but in watching the clips and seeing photos I think it will be the piece you see in Justin's ear. We will know for sure Feb 17th.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Right, only 11 days to go! Woohoo! :)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 pm

Duster wrote:
ckeller22 wrote:It will be an ear piece you can see it in several pics and in clips if you look. The producers said they were going with blue tooth technology in this version.
To communicate with KITT? Okay... I must have missed that info. Thanks.
If you watch the 2 min. preview you will see that he has a device in his ear and until now I had no clue what it was. I think that they want to give him a BlueTooth like device to communicate for "blending in" with the crowd, plus talking to the watch was in the past, try something new? :D

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 am

i think the voice modulator looks pretty cool, at least they made it the color red like the original kitt, i have to admit the voice sounds similar to karr but thats allright i always loved karrs voice.
in glen larson we trust.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 pm

I hope they way KITT gets in front of the SUV is by a 'secret' Turbo Boost :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, don't like the voice modulator.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:27 pm

I dunno, I think I still liked blue better but yeah the modulator needs to be changed, I can see the same thing while running Winamp. :lol: There's certainly no harm in making it something similar to the three bar LED (keep it digital or whatever) and placing it between the gauges is there?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:08 am

Image Image

I actually like the new voice modulator. When we first saw the computer render of K.I.T.T.'s new dashboard, a lot of us complained (including myself) that it was dull-looking. Then we learned from the Dave Bartis interview that the iPhone was an inspiration to the type of technology K.I.T.T. will now have (no surprise there). We also had the Knight 4000's voice modulator which was a good indicator of how NBC would like to do things. So I'm really not surprised that there's a lot of similarities between the attempt in Knight Rider 2000 and the telepic.

As for criticisms, I agree with those who think the modulator might be better above the wheel, like classic K.I.T.T. KR2K did the same thing with the Knight 4000's placement, and it would be wise to learn from things that didn't work. As for the display, I don't mind it, so my only suggestion would be to make it more three-dimensional. And that's as in it being integrated as naturally part of the dashboard curves, like classic K.I.T.T.'s.

Too many people are dissecting this production, down to the smallest details. I prefer to look at it as a whole and see if it works as a new voice modulator—and more importantly—if a fan would realize the most logical choice if they had to design it?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: