An update...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

An update...

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 am

The show is now locked and in the hands of CGI, ADR, music, etc. I heard that there will be several hundred CGI shots. SEVERAL HUNDRED. I would say that nothing you're seen thus far is indicative of what you're going to see. What they are doing in the time they have to do it is simply unbelievable.

Justin will do the Today show, but not the nighttime shows unless the strike is settled--he can't do Letterman and not Leno (SOP from NBC), and he won't cross the picket lines to do Leno. So hopefully, they'll get the strike settled soon.

There will be a major announcement in the next week or so, I hope I will be able to bring it to you first. Stay tuned.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: An update...

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:06 am

Very good to hear! Can't wait to hear about this big announcement!

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:20 am

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear the announcement, and looking forward to the Today Show :D

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks for the interesting info :)
Is there any plans for the cast visiting in Conan O'Brien? That's pretty much the only one of the "late night shows" I see here on tv.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Hey Shapeshifter, good to hear from you again. I really can't wait any longer ;) I have full faith in this show from what I have seen and heard.

Looking forward to that big announcement. Wonder what it will be...

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Why can't he do Letterman?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Because NBC won't allow him to do Letterman, a CBS show, unless he also does Leno, an NBC show. And he won't do Leno if he has to cross a picket line to do it, so that means he won't be doing Letterman unless the strike gets settled.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:36 am

hey Shapeshifter,
well, you propably aren't allowed to answer that but i'll have to ask anyway:

do you know if the new KITT does have a voice box of some sort?
because with exception of the scanner maybe this is the most recognizable part of KITT and so it's crucial for KITT being believable as a character.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:26 am

Kaine - from our interview with David Bartis, he did say that KITT will have a voice box, and it will be different from what we know, but very cool.

I guess we will soon see!

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks, Neil, that's more than I knew!

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I have been keeping tabs on updates for several weeks now- I have noted several reports stating that Turbo Boost will not be featured in the premierre- However, there are also conflicting suggestions made in articles and previews- some sources are suggesting that the producers do not wish to reveal all their cards to the audience prior to the preview (maybe to add a surprise element). Hence this may be why we have seen little of the cars interior shots in previews.

In interviews both cast and crew have made it clear that they are keen to demonstrate clear ties with the original show. There have also been talks of adding functions and features being added to the car if this was to be aired as a series later on along with the possibility of introducing elements and tie ins to the original show if a series ever come to light. I would safetly assume there will be no turbo option in the premierre... but it could be added if a series went to production. However, we may all be pleasantly surprised

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:41 pm

@knighthazzard: There definitely will be no turbo boost in the pilot. Dave Bartis, the executive producer, said in a recent video interview that it will not be a feature we will see in the pilot. Sydney Poitier said they have to save something for the series ;)

neps wrote:Kaine - from our interview with David Bartis, he did say that KITT will have a voice box, and it will be different from what we know, but very cool.

That are good news! I am glad to hear that... can't wait to see it :)

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm

"Kaine - from our interview with David Bartis, he did say that KITT will have a voice box, and it will be different from what we know, but very cool.

I guess we will soon see!"

This is a very valid point. As far as we are aware the directors cut has now been locked and sent for CGG, sound effects and music to be added. I believe the cars vox unit will be one of the fundamental aspects that the audience from the original knight rider would expect to see in the new car along with other aspects that fans of the original would expect. If you noted in the 'valet promotion clip' a sound effect was added prior to KITT speaking. This would suggest to me that they will introduce the Voice Vox that we all know and love in one of two ways- either a holographic vox along the lines of the original that is risen from the dashboard in 3-D. Alternatively; production may choose to alter the Dashboard display 'Speed Mph' and 'Rev' dials to display a voice unit along with display data that can be altered at the touch of a button. Guess we will all have to watch this space in anticipation... :wink:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:43 am

neps wrote:Kaine - from our interview with David Bartis, he did say that KITT will have a voice box, and it will be different from what we know, but very cool.

Hopefully it will be much better than this one:

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:41 am

That's from KR2000 right?

Damn I hate that "movie".....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Shapeshifter, thanks for the update! I was wondering about the CGI element of the show. From what we have seen thus far there has been no CG in any of the previews. So it's probably safe to say, as far as effects go (several hundred), we should be seeing way more kool stuff added in. Again, thank you and now I'm even more excited about the BIG announcement... 8)
:kitt: :karr:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Yeah, it should be pretty cool, and I believe that they've been working on these effects for some time but are just now able to fold them into the show itself. I doubt they started working on all that CGI a few weeks before air time!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:54 pm

FIRST POST HERE:-------a rant

Does anyone else find it, frustrating, i guess, that with all this CGI, that they will be able to make this new car change it's physical shape with the aid of a computer, BUT they cannot use CGI to make it Turbo Boost?? I am not a DIE HARD fan but if they don't make this car jump, it is just silly to me. With computers, they could have this car jump anything and make it look realistic, but they would rather focus on turning the car into a transformer. I never liked the shape shifting idea the first time I saw it done, when it was called Super Pursuit Mode. It was silly then, and it's silly now. I remember as a kid, watching the movie of the week and I thought it was a cool idea for a new show and all, but I really became interested in the race when KITT drove on 2 wheels and jumped other cars. That hooked me in, if not for the stunts, I wouldn't have remained interested. And to say they are saving it for the series--Who knows if it will even be a series. I will give the movie the benefit of the doubt, but to me it seems like more of a way to show off Computer tricks than to do the show right. Even with the self healing, that, I am willing to bet, is going to show stuff like bullet holes in the car closing up, but wait, the car is indestructible, isn't it? Why not just make the Transformers a TV Series if that is what they're going to do??

I actually like the Mustang, AND the new Voice. If this show goes the way it is looking, I'll be surprised if it is picked up as a Series. And if that happens, I will be surprised if it even finishes the first season. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, It is just my useless 2 cents. I will give the movie the benefit of the doubt and say maybe the final chase scene will end with an incredible Turbo Boost scene, and they're just keeping the stunts on the down low. But I doubt it.

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:10 pm

Yes... I was thinking along the same lines as yourself Kram 061 as I am sure most of you fans all are thinking

Fair enough in the original series they had to do the stunts for real and used a stripped out Trans Am purely for that purpose... to perform Ski Mode and Turbo boost... While I appreciate the Mustang is one heavy car... I cannot see why the producers could not pull off a Green Screen CGI enhanced amazing Turbo Boost or three ... Now that would be one great crowd pleaser for all the original fans :D

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Don't forget they have a Mustang commercial where they jump at the end of it

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:20 pm

y'know, there were Knight Rider epsiodes that had no turbo boost in it!
so, maybe the new pilot script had no need for turbo boost. adding turbo boost just for the sake of adding it would make it look forced and out of place.
so just relax and watch the show with an open mind, and - Heaven forbid! - you'll propably even like what you'll see.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
god i hate nay-sayers!

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:01 am

I imagine that good number of the CGI shots are KITT interior shots... gauges, HUDs, video displays, scanner shots, etc.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 pm

The Today Show schedule confirms Justin's appearance:

Friday, February 15 (7-9 a.m.): Justin Bruening talks about "Knight Rider." Dealing with the loss of a pet on "Today's Pet."

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks for the date!!

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:25 am

I have just read the first stage of the online interview with Dave Bartis... As many fnas an sources have elaborated on in recent weeks it is now confirmed that no Turbo Boost will feature in the movie. I would have to say as a long time fan of the original that I am not overally disappointed in this. It does sound like they have many points and new features to show off in the show so I am now happy to sit back and take in what the new show has to offer.

The producer has also not ruled out exploring old features should the show go to a series. As stated in other forums fans of the original now appear to be coming around to the new ideas presented from the show. Okay some will always remain unhappy. I am hoping that the show will present a new take in a tateful fashoin. Afterall if done properly and presented well then having a New Knight Rider is better than having none at all in my books. I will reserve judgement for now and keep and open mind. Here s to new beginnings :D